User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:21   #151
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jackson Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
errrrr???

how many exactly are 'unjust'?
What, in the world (for the person I was replying to is in a different country to myself)? Quite a few, I suspect.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:21   #152
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

a 5 minute gap is ur proof top notch
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:21   #153
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Now that was pathetic. I have my ups and downs.
yeah.

'that' was pathetic.

this time.

this time you'll show them. you'll show all of them !!!!!!

especially the ones in your head.
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:23   #154
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Jackson Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you damn kids!!!! (shakes fist)
I said something quite similar to this earlier in the night.

Btw, can we keep the noise down in this thread? Cheers.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:31   #155
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Jump me
Fruitbat oracle.

Noone is forcing you to read this thread. You're not participating in a discussion relating in any way to the actual topical discussion, or its spinoff. Therefore, the only person who's wasting your time is YOU because you are only here through direct, active, choice.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:31   #156
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In my defense, I have to say that if any of you thought better of me, then that's your own fault. :0
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 10:47   #157
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
In the eyes of the law, yes. For the jury at the begining of the trial, yes. However, if I had any doubt personally, I would dismiss the case. Can and would do that.
Why?

The point of the trial is to establish wether or not he did it, and if he did it, what sentence he should receive, right?

You have to ARGUE that he did it, but you don't have to believe it do you? If you have doubts (bordering "reasonable") then you don't have to drop it do you?

If you are convinced that he didn't do it then obviously you should drop it.

BTW: Why is it so sure that he did it, is there a heap of physical evidence?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 17:03   #158
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen

The point of the trial is to establish wether or not he did it, and if he did it, what sentence he should receive, right?
The idea of a trial is to convince 12 citizens who have no personal stake in the case of its correctness. This has to be done with admissible evidence. There may be evidence which could be very persuasive but which is irrelevant legally. Evidence of a persons character for example. I see all of the evidence including the inadmissible thus my perspective may be skewed and it is and should be left to the jury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arketrollmannen
You have to ARGUE that he did it, but you don't have to believe it do you? If you have doubts (bordering "reasonable") then you don't have to drop it do you?
Technically, I don;'t have to believe in guilt to present the case to the jury. However, if knowing even more than the jury will ever be told is not enough to convince me then it is unlikely that I could convince the jury. Also, there is a different ethical duty on a prosecutor than on a defense attorney in criminal matters. While a defense attorney is supposed to do the best for his client that he can under the circumstances, including getting him off, he has this obligation even if he thinks his client is guilty because if the government is going to charge someone and wants to take their liberty away then the government has to prove its case without breaking its own rules. The prosecutor, in my opinion, should never put himself/herself in a position where he isn't sure whether or not he is trying to take the liberty from an innocent man. To me, the "its better for 99 guilty men to go free than for 1 innocent man to lose his liberty" is something which is correct and to be taken seriously. In my job winning really isn't everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arketrollmannen
BTW: Why is it so sure that he did it, is there a heap of physical evidence?
8 year old eyewitness who saw him do it. Saw him drag his father down the stairs to the kitchen. The fact that there were only 3 people in the house and the 8 year old wan't capable of doing it. 8 year old told teenage sister who was down the street immediately and the police were called. Police responded in minutes. Defendant was coming out of the house covered with the victim's blood. Defendant's fingerprints on the axe. Statements of the defendant. The real question is how badly deranged he is. He knows right from wrong so he won't escape punishment but a jury's view of how capable he was of forming proper intent and state of mind will determine degree of crime.