User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2004, 13:58   #101
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: Top 10 Alliance spot: Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
I doubt 1up took in many < 1M planets last few weeks Besides, the huge reputation of their command made way over 100 apply for membership, so they could be picky. The "people who had never played PAX" were also mostly people who had achieved high planetranks in the past, ex-players of the old top alliances, who used to be active 24/7.

Rock has no HC's who commanded Xanadu, Legion of Fury in the past. Neither did we get dozens of (serious) applications for membership. The membership boost of this round isn't just due recruitment, VGN shares the ROCK tag. We had a combined membercount of 85 last round or so, several of them quitting PA. Assassin recruited a bunch of good members for ROCK, a lot ex-legion. Unfortunately several of them didn't have the guts to stick around when we had a rough time and shipjumped. But almost all our recruits who joined during the round, especially after tick 500, are late starters. Active, but not as hyperactive as those people you mentioned in 1up. We offer them a place to get the feeling of PAX, and assume that, in a decent gal and a bit of PAX experience, they will be of greater value for the alliance next round. Call them investments. And I dare to say that very few top10 alliances appected more of such member than Rock.
Thing is we are all human beings, If your guys would have been active then you guys would have had a chance. Simple. They were not. You said it yourself, when the going got tough people left, when the going got tough for 1up, people stayed up a little later. That isn't skill, that is activity. Your alliance was not active enough, so thus the position you are in now. The calibur of players only really matters when it comes to consistency. I am sure HR doesn't have more calibur players than mistu (lower case to represent current status) but yet they surpassed them. Activity. So a fact statement is "You recruited inactive players, not really unskilled". So, new players is not an excuse.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 14:00   #102
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
more like 12 mill, but still gg.
we seem to have lost some spirit and activity working on that
still, theres 9 days remaining

Nah, you guys are done. Take an early vacation.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 14:41   #103
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

hehe there sure is 9 days left and I wanna see u guys put alot of effort in to try and get back above us, I'd love a nice war seeing as nothing fun is happening at the top (except ofcourse HR's outstanding performance)

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 11:56   #104
Elder
Silver winged Dragon

Elder is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, we expect you guyes to fight to get back above us, wouldnt be fun if you didnt

Co-founder of Veneratio

#Veneratio
www.veneratiohq.org
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:07   #105
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I don`t see why people badmouth MISTU that much. As far as i know, most of them aren`t actually cowards and do try to/have tried to fight a war against us (1up) thus, in my eyes are deservants of higher credit that LCH and Vision could ever be. Who cares for ranks if the people your playing with suffer from your selfishness for a meagre number in a game. LCH and Vision maybe real proud of ending 2nd and 3rd of a round where 1up dominated so easily etc etc, but clearly, MISTU deserve credit for actually fighting the round, although that fiasco with Phraktos does come to mind.

Furthermore, one must add, although credit must be allocated to MISTU for their actual possession of balls, their HC must also be indulged in blame for their lack of success this round, it was a militarily bad decision to try and take us on 1-1 (which basically it was, looking at the number of planets who are NAP`d of vsn+lch etc). Due to this reason, one must not expect any alliance to attempt to take on 1up really, if they are to require any success anyway, as well, the gap is just too wide now and has been for quite sometime. Most of the planets who agreed to nap, went into said agreements a bit too early, in my opinion, which really setback 1up`s opposition.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 15:58   #106
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
hehe there sure is 9 days left and I wanna see u guys put alot of effort in to try and get back above us, I'd love a nice war seeing as nothing fun is happening at the top (except ofcourse HR's outstanding performance)
Thanks Arfs

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:40   #107
Phant
Meep meep vs. 3.89

Phant is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing would be more fun..... though it looks very difficult because of some reasons that are better to be posted on NoS forum than AD
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:41   #108
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

i don't get it...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 08:40   #109
Phant
Meep meep vs. 3.89

Phant is an unknown quantity at this point

That's ok... dont think too much
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:55   #110
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
I don`t see why people badmouth MISTU that much. As far as i know, most of them aren`t actually cowards and do try to/have tried to fight a war against us (1up) thus, in my eyes are deservants of higher credit that LCH and Vision could ever be. Who cares for ranks if the people your playing with suffer from your selfishness for a meagre number in a game. LCH and Vision maybe real proud of ending 2nd and 3rd of a round where 1up dominated so easily etc etc, but clearly, MISTU deserve credit for actually fighting the round, although that fiasco with Phraktos does come to mind.

Furthermore, one must add, although credit must be allocated to MISTU for their actual possession of balls, their HC must also be indulged in blame for their lack of success this round, it was a militarily bad decision to try and take us on 1-1 (which basically it was, looking at the number of planets who are NAP`d of vsn+lch etc). Due to this reason, one must not expect any alliance to attempt to take on 1up really, if they are to require any success anyway, as well, the gap is just too wide now and has been for quite sometime. Most of the planets who agreed to nap, went into said agreements a bit too early, in my opinion, which really setback 1up`s opposition.
i fully agree to first part well played mistu!

second part isn't really true tho... at first i doubt that many lch/vision had naps and they could have taken us... read chika's post a bit earlier to see why we won in the end tho:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote