User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Jun 2009, 15:53   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
New Player Guide

Hi,
I have a wiki set up with a new player guide on it (the one from the old one is on there currently).

I would like as many people as possible to contribute to it, so that it is ready for next round.

If anyone has a few hours free to add a few sentences to it, please let me know and I will send you the link and login details.

Pete
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 17:57   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: New Player Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
Hi,
I have a wiki set up with a new player guide on it (the one from the old one is on there currently).

I would like as many people as possible to contribute to it, so that it is ready for next round.

If anyone has a few hours free to add a few sentences to it, please let me know and I will send you the link and login details.

Pete
Wouldn't it be easier to let anyone freely contribute, but to moderate the edits?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 00:37   #3
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Would suggest allowing everyone that registers to edit it (perhaps some kind of verification, or if this could be linked to a PA portal aswell...) and I'm sure there'll be a lot of time invested by the community to help with this.

Give support/development/stats people (aswell as PA team of course) moderation powers (people like Cochese, JBG, mz etc).
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 15:33   #4
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about

OK, I have decided to open the wiki up to everyone.

The URL is:
http://devwiki.planetarion.com
Username: PAWiki
Password: improveIt

I would really appreciate it if we got it quite good before next round starts.

Pete
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 16:40   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
OK, I have decided to open the wiki up to everyone.

The URL is:
http://devwiki.planetarion.com
Username: PAWiki
Password: improveIt

I would really appreciate it if we got it quite good before next round starts.

Pete
What license is the wiki's content under?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2009, 16:55   #6
zPeti

Good question - Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 09:25   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Good question - Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
That's a great license, I applaud your choice

Unfortunately, the content of the http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...in_Page]PAWiki is all GFDL, which isn't compatible with the CCAS afaik

However, I hereby grant permission to reproduce under the CCAS 2.0 any content generated by myself on the PAWiki and encourage anyone else who's contributed any pages that could be of use to the zPeti's PAWiki to do the same!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 09:39   #8
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
That's a great license, I applaud your choice

Unfortunately, the content of the http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...in_Page]PAWiki is all GFDL, which isn't compatible with the CCAS afaik

However, I hereby grant permission to reproduce under the CCAS 2.0 any content generated by myself on the PAWiki and encourage anyone else who's contributed any pages that could be of use to the zPeti's PAWiki to do the same!
you mean this

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote