User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2008, 20:19   #1
Singularity
Orbit Defence God

Singularity is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Abuse of Position?

Posting on forums is not one of my strengths but I feel that comments made in other posts about myself, Orbit and the Orbit command team have prompted me to remark in a new thread, as opposed to the circus thread that has been created by Wakey.

I would firstly like to state catagorically, at no point did I know Masta_Mark was using 2 accounts to gain access to another alliance, but did know that he was liasing with his brother for intel on the other alliance!
This on my part was foolish and stupid. Obviously this has bought into question my integrity as member of the Orbit Command team, and a member of the PA community.
I am very proud to have served Orbit for 8 rounds and more so that they thought that I deserved to be taken into the HC team, I am also very proud to have played this game from Round 1 and would never do anything to jepordise my position within the Orbit Command Team and my place in the PA community, to this end I have requested that my status be changed with the Orbit Command team to a lower more casual one. If my request is accepted then this will hopefully allow Wakey and his clowns to stand down with the all mighty I am routine and allow us as an alliance to move forward and do what we are good at.

I think to question the integrity of the PA team is another matter entirely, and to say that Fiery and her team have done nothing about this is wrong. I have had conversations with the MH team about the matter of my knowledge of Masta_Marks's wrong doing. They have accepted the explanantion I have given.
Masta's account was closed promptly upon the discovery of his wrong doing.
The post by Wakey has done nothing but question the integrity of Fiery and her team and has brought into doubt thier abilities to act.
This is wrong.
MH do a cracking job with the resources they have, isn't Mark's account being closed enough evidence that thier reaction was swift and fair, and that they have taken the time to speak to the Orbit HC about this matter to fully understand the situation.

I'm sure the comments begin from here and not all will be ones that I agree with, but I felt that I should stand up and explain my and the actions of my colleagues in a post that isn't riddled with comments taken out of context and with HC's of other alliances blowing smoke up thier own backsides!

Sin
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 20:42   #2
Cervantes
StarCraft II Pro Wannabe!

Cervantes is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Abuse of Position?

I was inteviewed by both Appocomaster and Fiery on the case so i would say they looked into it thouroughly, and i think this has been blown well out of context, and maybe the forum should be closed before causing more distress, people dont like to be accused/flamed and gerally blamed abused. and a forum of this sort made by some one in a position of trust on these forums (a forum rep) should be reviewed by the peers/Higher command of this role. If his agenda is to make people quit pa, then i think hes hit that on the head. Why this has been even posted on a forum is rediculus as it was looked into solved and justly action taken why take it further and flame? abuse of power is all i can say!
Round 32 Violent Realm HC - join
#violent_Realm

Round 33-35 P3nguins - Join #p3nguins
Round 35-40 Conspiracy Theory - Join #Conspiracy
Round 41-44 Conspiracy Theory HC
Round 45 xVx Peon
Round 46 Fang Peon
Round 47-69 (Apprime,Conspiracy Theory, Innuendo)
Rounds 69-70 Not Played
Round 71 MAYBE

Upper Your Spirit!
Cervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 20:46   #3
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

is their a tl:dr version i.e. whos been abusing what?

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 20:46   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see what the drama is all about. Someone got caught cheating and got closed. What more is there to talk about?

Caed; Masta_Mark multied to gain intel on F-Crew (yes, I kid you not).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 20:53   #5
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

so he outed you cheating and youve got your knickers in a twist about it?

i see.

-Cead
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:06   #6
Ceadrath

Quote:
<@Sin> when are we getting more channels#
<@Sin> on F-Crew TV
<@Juice> lol
<@Masta_Mark> i need to become a proper member
<@Masta_Mark> and get a script
<@Masta_Mark> and also need a ****ing BC to listen to me so i can actually attack
<@Masta_Mark> LOL
if you say so.

-Cead
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:07   #7
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Cead... Get back into your cage
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:08   #8
Ceadrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
Cead... Get back into your cage
you leave em alone for a round mem and they cant even lie well

-Cead
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:09   #9
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes
Also to re itterate we as the hc didnt know. so get over it and get a life.

Hello, I'm Zhil. You may remember me from alliances such as Fury and 1up.

What you just posted is worth a big red X for marking.

This is not the manner in which you should post in order to convince/manipulate people into believing you.

I could give some advise, for a nominal charge.

Regards,

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:09   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the point is why doesn he need to tell the whole world and make out like we planned a big conspirracy. he was in out priv channel flaming today, whats his problem!! ??PMT??
You do have to wonder who let him into your private channel....

Sin, you're pulling the whole 'woe is me' routine. The level of guilt that you feel about Masta_Mark's cheating is irrelevant. The forums are a perfectly reasonable place to expose events such as these - so long as they're reported to the MHs as well, which they were - so why are you condemning Wakey?

This is just yet another incident out of many involving Orbit and F-Crew. A Orbit HC tried to spy on F-Crew and got caught. Orbit now reckon that all discussion of it should be stifled....well guess what, it doesn't work like that.
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:10   #11
Membrivio

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
you leave em alone for a round mem and they cant even lie well
If I know one thing then it is that Sin and cervantes are known for being integer and helpful guys.
That Masta_Mark commits a cynical foul has nothing to do with them.

And... <3 you too

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:11   #12
Membrivio

Furball, Masta was not a HC this round. He was BC (edit: or DC).

Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:12   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If I know one thing then it is that Sin and cervantes are known for being integer and helpful guys.
That Masta_Mark commits a cynical foul has nothing to do with them.
If they knew about it then they are equally guilty.

Quote:
Furball, Masta was not a HC this round. He was BC.
He's been identified with Orbit since it ever came into existence, making that fact almost irrelevant.
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:14   #14
Membrivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If they knew about it then they are equally guilty.
He's been identified with Orbit since it ever came into existence, making that fact almost irrelevant.
There is a difference between intent and action. They knew about the intent and disapproved. They didn't know about the action, afaik.
And maybe historically seen Masta was an important Orbit rep, the last few rounds have been different, as you may have noticed.

Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:17   #15
Ceadrath

how exactly did Sin think Masta was getting the relay then? bearing in mind he knew he already had a planet, and had one in f-crew.

I guess he could just be a grade A retard who didnt think it through though, tis certainly the damage control id be going with!

-Cead
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:23   #16
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Hutchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
how exactly did Sin think Masta was getting the relay then? bearing in mind he knew he already had a planet, and had one in f-crew.

I guess he could just be a grade A retard who didnt think it through though, tis certainly the damage control id be going with!

masta's brother was playing thats how,

and tbh it wouldnt be hard to get a none irc using gal member into some allys and have somoene else using the access rights that person woulda got on irc.
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git
rnd 28 -> Current Orbit HC

The quiet people change the world!
The loud people claim they did!
Hutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:26   #17
furball

Quote:
There is a difference between intent and action. They knew about the intent and disapproved. They didn't know about the action, afaik.
And maybe historically seen Masta was an important Orbit rep, the last few rounds have been different, as you may have noticed.
We aren't all privy to internal Orbit politics.

If they knew about the intent and disapproved then why didn't they tell him not to do it in the first place?
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:26   #18
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Well I for one am really pleased Zhil has figured out where PA forums are again.
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:31   #19
Membrivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
We aren't all privy to internal Orbit politics.

If they knew about the intent and disapproved then why didn't they tell him not to do it in the first place?
As you may have noticed, I have been the main Orbit rep of the last few rounds... Did you see Masta_Mark post lately on this forums (except the one in the wakey thread)? I think you just assumed something which with a little more information retrieval could have been faulted. There is nothing internal about this information.

I believe they have told him not to, afaik.

Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:33   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

this forum needs a drama llama icon.
it really does.
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:36   #21
Cervantes

Ur right phil, some people dont like being accused tho
#violent_Realm

Round 45 xVx Peon
Round 46 Fang Peon
Rounds 69-70 Not Played
Round 71 MAYBE

Upper Your Spirit!
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:37   #22
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

theres a difference between being accused and being found guilty
masta_mark was found guilty, end of discussion.

edit: oh, and hey - from reading the other thread on this issue he's even went and found himself another planet and is back in orbit

all sins forgiven? or are you just spineless?
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:39   #23
Ceadrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchi
masta's brother was playing thats how
oh i see.

So when masta said 'I need to become a proper member' Sin thought he meant 'my brother needs to become a proper member.'

and when he said '... so i can actually attack' Sin misheard 'so my brother can actually attack'

i can see how Sin missed such subtle hints at multiying

-Cead
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:43   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
This wasnt said with me present or to my knowledge so why should i recieve attacks?
you have roids dont you?
this is a war game isnt it?
you are hc in an alliance which really should have screened this sorlid affair out at an early stage arent you?

do i really need to spell it out?
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:58   #25
Singularity
Orbit Defence God

Singularity is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
oh i see.

So when masta said 'I need to become a proper member' Sin thought he meant 'my brother needs to become a proper member.'

and when he said '... so i can actually attack' Sin misheard 'so my brother can actually attack'

i can see how Sin missed such subtle hints at multiying
I misheard nothing, Mark was clarly stating that he was attempting so sort an attack

<@Masta_Mark> and also need a ****ing BC to listen to me so i can actually attack

attack whom?

Mark held position of BC so he was merely discussing that evening's attacks and was looking for support from his fellow officers.

Posting extracts from logs that are not complete will get no one nowhere!
I have apologised for my actions and my alliance are dealing with me in the correct manner.

Last edited by Singularity; 13 Jul 2008 at 22:08.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 21:58   #26
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
or i will get nasty
oh thats mature.
Seriously, i really think that HC these days dont have a clue about PR.
you dont ever ever ever try to stir up a hornets nest on an issue where your 'side' was found in the wrong with regards to something like cheating.
EVER

if you had any sense you would let the topic die before you get torn apart over it. ( and you will, rest assured if you keep it up on the forums )
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 22:05   #27
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road

"everybody gay"

Peter (The family Guy)
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 22:15   #28
Cervantes

Lol random comment but made me giggle
#violent_Realm

Round 45 xVx Peon
Round 46 Fang Peon
Rounds 69-70 Not Played
Round 71 MAYBE

Upper Your Spirit!
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 22:20   #29
Ceadrath

im unsure if your still attempting to burrow your way out of this mess or you genuinly think we're that gullable.

<@Sin> when are we getting more channels#
<@Sin> on F-Crew TV

so we've established your talking about your dear fellow hc's multi planet.

<@Masta_Mark> i need to become a proper member
<@Masta_Mark> and get a script
<@Masta_Mark> LOL

see, as a brand spanking new recruit of f-crew, to ensure said recruits are actually active their set as recruit level access, this means they dont have access to the attack page. They need to be on irc and talk to a bc for the targets. hence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity
I misheard nothing, Mark was clarly stating that he was attempting so sort an attack

attack whom?

Mark held position of BC so he was merely discussing that evening's attacks

and was looking for support from his fellow officers.
is hilarious. Now ive never spoken to masta_mark, but you seem to think he changes the subject mid conversation, adds a line about relay scripts inbetween an oh so innocent conversation about attacks for the night, and finds target picking so hilarious that he feels the need to capitilise his 'lols'.

give us some credit please.

-Cead
Unread 13 Jul 2008, 22:30   #30
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Quote:

is hilarious. Now ive never spoken to masta_mark, but you seem to think he changes the subject mid conversation, adds a line about relay scripts inbetween an oh so innocent conversation about attacks for the night, and finds target picking so hilarious that he feels the need to capitilise his 'lols'.

give us some credit please.

actually you'd be surprised how often masta goes off topic or how often ppl ask multiple things at once, i mean when summat on pa break u get about 50 ppl all asking stuff at once from one person so its easy enough when sorting diff tasks to mix convos with different ppl.

and tbh unless ppl see the convos around the lines that were shown we'll never know
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git

Unread 14 Jul 2008, 02:13   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
babble
My initial thought was: Who are you?
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 03:00   #32
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

While I do enjoy watching all this unfold (I really do) I have to advise Orbit HCs to let the subject die, commenting on this just pours gas of the flames and doesnt help you or your alliance.

The longer this thread gets, the worse you will look, and without your comments, interest in the subject will die relatively quickly.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 11:20   #33
Cervantes

we the allaince will comment no more on this subject as its trival bullshit and wakey just trying to cause trouble, at the end of the day he was punished and dealt with, the hc was interview by the pa team and swift justice was held, if he wants to blame everyone and genrally ramble on like a little girl then go ahead because we are over it. and want to carry on playing the game. Final post subject closed!
#violent_Realm

Round 45 xVx Peon
Round 46 Fang Peon
Rounds 69-70 Not Played
Round 71 MAYBE

Upper Your Spirit!
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 11:43   #34
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I think to question the integrity of the PA team is another matter entirely, and to say that Fiery and her team have done nothing about this is wrong. I have had conversations with the MH team about the matter of my knowledge of Masta_Marks's wrong doing. They have accepted the explanantion I have given.
Masta's account was closed promptly upon the discovery of his wrong doing.
The post by Wakey has done nothing but question the integrity of Fiery and her team and has brought into doubt thier abilities to act.
This is wrong.
MH do a cracking job with the resources they have, isn't Mark's account being closed enough evidence that thier reaction was swift and fair, and that they have taken the time to speak to the Orbit HC about this matter to fully understand the situation.
I know you want to try and shift focus, after all as Cead stated here you are the most guilty of any of Orbit as you and Masta openly discussed it. You asked Masta about F-Crew TV to which he responded "<@Masta_Mark> i need to become a proper member" and then "<@Masta_Mark> and also need a ****ing BC to listen to me so i can actually attack"

Notice the I's. This isnt him saying "My brother needs to", its him saying "I need to". So any attempt to claim you knew nothing is bullshit.

As for your claim of me questioning the integrity of the MH's. Where did I. What I said relating to the MH's is as follows
Quote:
I held off posting both this post and the previous one as this post is pretty damning for Orbit and how Corrupt they are as an alliance but I had to wait for Fiery to take action first. As Fiery won't take any action I have decided there's no need to remain quite.
Quote:
I reported it to Fiery (Plus others) as the support team should be a group that has integrity. Sadly like Masta_Mark cervantes told Fiery that he told Masta not to do it before it happened and when Masta did start cheating he didnt know about it. Something which the evidence proves wrong but its seen its my word against his and the benefit of the doubt has to be given to him.
Thats not questioning their integrity. Its stating that they didnt take any further action because without you lot admitting to the MH's as it comes down to my word vs yours.

And I checked with Fiery last night if she felt I was questioning her integrity. The responce was as follows

[22:46] <Fiery> No, I do not feel that you questioned my integrity.
[22:47] <Fiery> you basically stated what I said.

So Fiery clearly doesnt think its questioning the MH's integrity so you are barking up the wrong tree
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 12:09   #35
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Wakey u should stop quoting people without their permission as its gonna get u in trouble. and put ur wooden spoon away u big girl
I had Fierys permission to quote her. And i'll put this so called 'wooden spoon' away when you lot stop taking the piss out of the game and community. I see no reason that cheaters should be able to sweep it under the carpet and take the complete piss out of your members and the community in general.

If any of the HC that truely didnt know this was going on actually stepped up and took action to remove those that did from the alliance for good and the members ensured that this happened as well then I would be happy and would drop it. The simple fact is no alliance should knowingly allow cheats and cheat enablers into their alliance and certainly shouldnt let them be in positions of power
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 12:36   #36
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Topic closed! Im bored of u now. have fun
aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes my patience with you. If i was still in charge of support team i would be pulling you aside and asking you to improve your public behaviour.

You cant proclaim a topic closed just because you dont like whats being said, So far, im pretty much entirely in agreement with wakey here, does that mean im trying to stir up trouble?
No. it doesnt.

Quote:
we the allaince will comment no more on this subject as its trival bullshit and wakey just trying to cause trouble
Hold on, it was you lot who created this thread, trying to stir up trouble for wakey since he is a forum mod. Dont go blaming others for your own actions, and especially not when they can be used against you so very easily.
Those in glass houses should not throw stones

Quote:
at the end of the day he was punished and dealt with, the hc was interview by the pa team and swift justice was held, if he wants to blame everyone and genrally ramble on like a little girl then go ahead because we are over it. and want to carry on playing the game.
So why did you ( allegedly ) let a known cheat back into your alliance, all sins forgiven?
Cheats prosper where they fear no punishment. A closed planet isnt much inducement for people to stop cheating entirely, being exiled and shunned from alliances is.
Does orbit have a standing policy of "your past is of no concern" in their recruitment?

Quote:
Final post subject closed!
Hardly, you posted again after saying this, so i tend to think you'll post again given enough time.
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 12:40   #37
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lalala, I can't hear you, lalala
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 14:48   #38
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Topic closed! Im bored of u now. have fun
You really should have taken me up on my offer. It would have saved all this hassle.

Thanks ReligFree btw.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 15:55   #39
Membrivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes my patience with you. If i was still in charge of support team i would be pulling you aside and asking you to improve your public behaviour.

So why did you ( allegedly ) let a known cheat back into your alliance, all sins forgiven?
Cheats prosper where they fear no punishment. A closed planet isnt much inducement for people to stop cheating entirely, being exiled and shunned from alliances is.
Does orbit have a standing policy of "your past is of no concern" in their recruitment?

Hardly, you posted again after saying this, so i tend to think you'll post again given enough time.
Phil, "if"-comments don't add to the discussion. It seems you only try to show off your former status and really that has nothing to do with it.

I am not HC anymore nor active, so the next statements I make are on my account only.
May I offer you the following to contemplate:
Suppose that someone in an alliance has a clean record of over 11 rounds, added value to the alliance for many many rounds and has shown a good heart for the alliance round after round. One day he is so stupid to commit a cynical foul for which he is punished by a closed and deleted account.
Here I wish to make a comparison: the Denial HC used a bug to gain advantage. They got reset and were able to play on. Without approving the multiiing, I think Masta_Mark has been punished excessively if we compare it with the Denial cheating case. Now you could say: you can't compare the cases! Well, you can: type of cheating and following punishment are comparable. And my conclusion is that or Masta_Mark was punished too fiercely or the Denial HC too lenient. For the record: I do not condone any cheating.
Taken the past into consideration the Orbit HC may decide to give Mark a second chance which is fair if we see his spotless record of 11 or more rounds. If they take him in again he will have to prove that this is an incident and that he can start a new streak of cheatingless rounds.
I contend that if you think about it objectively, you could come to the same conclusion.

Cheers.

Unread 14 Jul 2008, 16:19   #40
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Phil, "if"-comments don't add to the discussion.
On the contrary, they inform you of a chain of events that would happen under a different set of circumstances, and serve as a pointer for others as a suggested course of action.
Your collective inability to argue rationally in the written medium does not discount their validity.

Quote:
Suppose that someone in an alliance has a clean record of over 11 rounds, added value to the alliance for many many rounds and has shown a good heart for the alliance round after round. One day he is so stupid to commit a cynical foul for which he is punished by a closed and deleted account.
Then i would gladly wash my hands of them.
There is no room for any tolerance of cheats in this game imho.

Quote:
Here I wish to make a comparison: the Denial HC used a bug to gain advantage. They got reset and were able to play on. Without approving the multiiing, I think Masta_Mark has been punished excessively if we compare it with the Denial cheating case.
Hold on a minute, are you questioning the decision of the multihunters here?
Would you have preferred they turn a blind eye to his actions? I sincerely hope not.
He has been punished entirely appropriately by the multihunters, neither excessively nor inadequately.

Quote:
Now you could say: you can't compare the cases! Well, you can: type of cheating and following punishment are comparable. And my conclusion is that or Masta_Mark was punished too fiercely or the Denial HC too lenient.
'do as i say not as i do' ?
Perhaps you consider the punishment too harsh because it was done to your alliance as opposed to another.
A closure is the only response to someone with multiple accounts.

Quote:
For the record: I do not condone any cheating.
Taken the past into consideration the Orbit HC may decide to give Mark a second chance which is fair if we see his spotless record of 11 or more rounds. If they take him in again he will have to prove that this is an incident and that he can start a new streak of cheatingless rounds.
I contend that if you think about it objectively, you could come to the same conclusion.
Who can tell if his record is spotless? Absence of public closure does not mean absence of cheating.
Are you simply taking his word for it that he hasn't done it before, and wont do it again?
Would you take killmarks word that he isnt using bots?
Personally, I wouldnt even take the risk and would reject him. But then again, its your own alliances reputation that you're responsible for as a HC. If they want to let in a convicted cheat then on their own heads be it.

Last edited by Phil^; 14 Jul 2008 at 16:28.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 16:44   #41
Membrivio

Quote:
On the contrary, they inform you of a chain of events that would happen under a different set of circumstances, and serve as a pointer for others as a suggested course of action.
Your collective inability to argue rationally in the written medium does not discount their validity.
That different set of circumstances still don't apply here which makes it merely a pointer to what you would have done IF you would have been in place which isn't the case. Something like: If I was teh advisor of Bush the war in Iraq would not have taken place.
So imo at the end it still does not add a lot to the discussion.

Quote:
Then i would gladly wash my hands of them.
There is no room for any tolerance of cheats in this game imho.
Hold on a minute, are you questioning the decision of the multihunters here?
Would you have preferred they turn a blind eye to his actions? I sincerely hope not.
He has been punished entirely appropriately, neither excessively not inadequately.
I agree there is no room for cheats in this game. Though, offering someone a second chance is defendable imo.
I only pointed out the difference. I think he was punished appropriately by the MH. Turning a blind eye is no option for me and will never be. The remarks I made do say something about how I think about the other case, however.

Quote:
'do as i say not as i do' ?
Perhaps you consider the punishment too harsh because it was done to your alliance as opposed to another.
A closure is the only response to someone with multiple accounts.
Who can tell if his record is spotless? Absence of public closure does not mean absence of cheating.
Are you simply taking his word for it that he hasn't done it before, and wont do it again?
Would you take killmarks word that he isnt using bots?
As I remarked above: the punishment is appropriate. Mark being in an alliance I have HC'ed is irrelevenant to me in this case. He cheated, he got punished and it should be like that.
Of course the only thing I can say that I see his previous record as spotless. This does not mean you agree with me or even believe me. I would take his word indeed, but that is solely up to me, isn't it.

Quote:
Personally, I wouldnt even take the risk and would reject him. But then again, its your own alliances reputation that you're responsible for as a HC. If they want to let in a convicted cheat then on their own heads be it.
If the current HC decide to take him in I am sure they will take any risk into consideration. Then it is their decision to offer him a second chance to reestablish himself as a cheatless player. If it proves otherwise the consequences will be theirs as well.

Unread 14 Jul 2008, 17:28   #42
wakey
Hamster

The problem is that its all well and good saying that everyone deserves a second chance but surely to be granted a second chance you have to show remorse for your actions. Masta_Mark won't even even admit to cheating, on the other thread he even went as far as stating he didnt cheat, he just broke a rule. Now if breaking rules isnt cheating then what is, but he refuses to admit to himself and the community that he is a cheater.

Masta_Mark and the Orbit HC have done everything they can to absolve him of any fault. They ae sticking to the "he didnt cheat" line. Masta is claiming that he only logged in once to close his 'brothers' account (despite Orbit admitting that he discussed cheating with them, and then further evidence as seen in the logs I provided showing that it was then discussed that he was logging in AFTER they supposedly told him not to) and cerv is stating the only thing he did wrong was logging into both on the same IP (Thats right its not wrong in his eyes that he logged into 2 accounts, just that he didnt do so on different ips)

He simply isnt being held accountable and is being aided to dodge the accountability. He has been closed by the MH's but its no real loss to him, the account wasnt doing that well this round so its somewhat like getting a slap on the wrists. If he had been barred from the alliance then that would have been a punishment even if in a round or so after a lesson had been learnt he as invited back.

Ofc he will probably now turn up and admit to cheating, show some fake remorse in the same kind of Token gesture we saw Sin do with his offer to step down. It would simply be al for show.

As for the HC carefully considering it, again its hard to believe. The evidence is there that some of them, Sin especially knew about it. Masta after all refers to the planet as "I" not "My brother" and he even talks about attacking with it. And we have also seen cerv admitting to knowing and then skating around the subject. Until the honest members of the HC grow some balls and remove the dishonest ones and the ones who are trying to talk Masta out of any blame then how is anyone supposed to take their judgement seriously?
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 17:36   #43
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road

deja vu
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 19:29   #44
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

mark multied, whoopty doo, hardly cheating on the scale we have seen by denial hc or the irc op abuse last round
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 23:23   #45
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Oh my, 148 posts (149 including this one), separated over 3 threads (i might have missed some though :P), about one person cheating.

Is the rest of PA really THAT boring?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 23:49   #46
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy

hmm do we even need to give that a proper answer
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git

Unread 14 Jul 2008, 23:59   #47
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Oh my, 148 posts (149 including this one), separated over 3 threads (i might have missed some though :P), about one person cheating.

You are underselling it though Remy, it may have spawned from 1 person deciding to cheat. The reality is worse though and its one person cheating and members of the hc being cheat enablers by knowing it was going on and cheat sympathisers by trying trying to help him hide the fact he cheated so he can carry on as normal
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Jul 2008, 08:51   #48
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Wakey, from what i hear and read, you (and maybe a few others) have started some crusade. Although this is your good right, is is not very constructive.

If you keep at it long enough, people will just see you as a whiner, and take you less and less serious. The end result will be zero.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2008, 09:13   #49
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Wakey, from what i hear and read, you (and maybe a few others) have started some crusade. Although this is your good right, is is not very constructive.

If you keep at it long enough, people will just see you as a whiner, and take you less and less serious. The end result will be zero.
On the contrary, it is highly constructive to work at removing cheats from this game.
You do it yourself, remember?
Unread 15 Jul 2008, 09:25   #50
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
On the contrary, it is highly constructive to work at removing cheats from this game.
You do it yourself, remember?
so does that mean this statement

Quote:
applies to remy?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote