User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:11   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
DC Appreciation Day

I was sat thinking about the job that i have done for many rounds starting when i learned DCing for TSU in round 5. This is, and well known that it is, the most thankless job the community has to offer. No other role in the running of an alliance is so time consumeing and demanding on a person. it is the only role that comes to mind where you are asked to sacrifice your sleep and in some cases aspects of your social life to benefit others and your team as a whole.

So i got around to thinking mabey people should appreciate the DC's a little bit more than they do at present.

When a call goes wrong or a dc makes a mistake or a player doesnt get defence, it is the DC's fault and they get all the blame etc. but nobody ever thanks a DC when they get covered from a fleetcatch or saved from 6 or 7 waves of incs.

Its easy to make a DC a scapegoat and shame on those who do. at the end of the day a DC can only co-ordinate what they are given to work with and they bust their ass to save everybody they can. its not all our fault ya know :P

so in future can we all be a little bit more thankfull to these hard working players who give their time to save YOUR asses and roids.

on behalf of DC's around the planetarion community.

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 18 Feb 2007 at 12:40.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:14   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: DC Appreciation Day

Nice post, and a nice sentiment.

I am wondering whether you ahve been dc'ing for the wrong alliances?

I often get thanked, people rarely moan, and I find it quite satisfying.
And I know others ni the aliances I have been in get the same from HC/each other/members alike.

Wonder how others have found it?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:15   #3
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all the DC's in Orbit and those of other alliances who have helped with def of galmates and put up with me!

Depends, for example I DC'ed for Elysium and got thanked too but blame sometimes was put on me but rarely but then again Elysium people were nice bunch .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:15   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

100% agreed

so to everyone who bitches at DCs: STFU

and to all DCs: thank you for doing the worst job available in this game
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:16   #5
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Nice post, and a nice sentiment.

I am wondering whether you ahve been dc'ing for the wrong alliances?

I often get thanked, people rarely moan, and I find it quite satisfying.
And I know others ni the aliances I have been in get the same from HC/each other/members alike.

Wonder how others have found it?
not saying i have never been thanked, i just feel DC's arent thanked often enough. could probably count on 2 hands the number of times somebody has said "cheers for saveing my ass" etc

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:18   #6
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Tbh id rather not thank Forest because then he may think we like him. Same sentiment echo's around most of us CT'ers.......
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:21   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

scanners and dc's are poor bastards and anyone who volunteers to do it should probably be put to death for their own good
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:32   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Every day should be DC/Scanner appreciation day
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 13:25   #9
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

DC'ing makes me horny
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 13:41   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

actually i take that back about dc's, a good number these days care a lot more about their own defenses

well i suppose it's not "these days" really either
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:22   #11
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I remmember when i used to DC \o/ Casued a lot of alliances to disband :/

But i think this is a good idea. DCing is harder then BCing. I used to be a good BC, but sucked at defence.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:27   #12
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The Ultimate Reward for DCing is the chance to eventually become HC. Then when you're HC, you can make some other poor sap do the defenses. The pre-r6 ship stats were easy to use and do defense for. (spiders*3 + bit extra sometimes depending I believe) - if we returned to them I'd rock so hard.

As it is, I think Sid said it best, he'd rather have no defense than myself running it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:30   #13
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I remmember when i used to DC \o/ Casued a lot of alliances to disband :/

But i think this is a good idea. DCing is harder then BCing. I used to be a good BC, but sucked at defence.
blowing our own horn again?
best to wait for others to give praise to your PA skills.
thought you would have learned that by now

oh and i dont find it neither hard nor without compensation. it is when it becomes a job you MUST do rather than a hobby that you should stop.
as for whining, whoever whines is a nub, and nubs dont matter much do they?
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:31   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I just tended to sit in the DC chan not doing any calls until toot or Cedlind noticed and made me do some. I'd then DC calls regularly for the next few days and slack again.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:39   #15
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

omg. nubila DC-ing. with his suicide ratio, no wonder sid had to merge into TGV
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:41   #16
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
What? TGV? When was this?

I only DCed in r4-r5 (quite well). Military then became shit for me since, though Ive done the occassional attack/defense since throughout Eclipse and 1up.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:52   #17
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
**** you, I wasn't in SiN when they merged with TGV
And I only suicided like 3 times in round 18, 2 of which were defending you shitty romanians and one was a suicide of my Fi fleet right before I went on holiday

The only bad defcall I remember doing was in round 16 where I mistook something that Elviz had sent at Kronos-v. Gate was being FCed by them so my galstatus was full of red and I didn't notice the incs on Kronos when they first appeared. I noticed them the next tick and did the defcall thinking that they were Co as opposed to Fr (or something)
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 15:09   #18
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Hoo-ray for all DCs! It's a tough and exhausting job and sometimes requires more skill/speed than given credit for. Go you guys
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 17:45   #19
anImaru
I want an avatar!

anImaru will become famous soon enoughanImaru will become famous soon enough

Nice post although DCs should be appreciated every day!
anImaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 23:51   #20
Partypopp
[X-Virus]

Partypopp is an unknown quantity at this point

al hail to good BC

PP
Partypopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 05:38   #21
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
not saying i have never been thanked, i just feel DC's arent thanked often enough. could probably count on 2 hands the number of times somebody has said "cheers for saveing my ass" etc
Thanks for DCing me back in er.. R15 It's a little late thanks but oh well heh.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 09:43   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
So i got around to thinking mabey people should appreciate the DC's a little bit more than they do at present.
Agreed. Any given hard-working alliance staff members should be appreciated a lot more than they are. Scanners, military officers, high command staff alike. The pathetic thing is, nowadays, a fair share of members tend to be mercenaries who expect 100% service and feel the alliance is responsible of working for them, not vice versa.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 23:44   #23
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Crikey was i the only one to kinda vaguely enjoy it? I did it mainly r8 r9 and r9.5 and saw both sides of it, in r8 i struggled to cover calls which wasnt much fun yet in r9 it was easy to cover calls and was quite nice to be able to move millions of ships when i wanted to, and r9.5 was just silly trying to defend me and storebo from in cluster attacks 3 times a day, heck but it was all fun when i had no real life and could stay awake til 7am every day, all changed now, thankfully to be honest....

anyways yeah thanks to all dc's who saved me

ElAlan

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 02:11   #24
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

God bless the DC's. I love them.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 02:34   #25
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough

Hug your DC today!
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 12:37   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In the name of all DCs, I would like to say the following.

Stop wanking us and start saving your own asses.

Thank you for your attention.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 17:29   #27
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough

Not to mention...stop prelaunching and get online to launch so we have a better chance of protecting your roids.
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:16   #28
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Does it cound for Ex-DC's aswell?
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 14:26   #29
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Even worse. Being HC and doing DC duty aswell. You simply get the shit for everything. It at thoose times one must blame the bottle!

<3 all DCs who give a damn and does a job

- to all DCs who sign up and only appear when they have inc on their own. Thank god its easy to figure out who they are

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 16:47   #30
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

This was my first round as a DC and i never realised how tough a job it can be, until now. Thanks to all the DC's that have help me in the past and sorry to all the ppl i sent def to this round
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 22:40   #31
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
The pathetic thing is, nowadays, a fair share of members tend to be mercenaries who expect 100% service and feel the alliance is responsible of working for them, not vice versa.
couldnt agree more with you on that!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 22:57   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The problem is that these days, DC'ing has become a largely tedious and reasonably more straightforward job. Easier is debateable now there are alliance limits.

In the days of 3 tick attacks a good DC wasn't just one that got defence, but one that defended smart (for example a tick 3 backstop could make incoming recall before it landed because the activity of the attacker demanded it), that worked with galaxies to swap fleets around and worked with newbie alliances to get defence for his alliance when his own alliance was tapped. A great DC used to be a military officer, a tactician and a politician all rolled into one. It is a shame that getting defence lacks the depth that it once did, because I found it riveting, rewarding and exciting because you were never truly out of it and if you were stubborn enough, you could get things covered.

A good DC who HC's in his alliance would also set up his alliance to be extremely difficult to attack. The last alliance to be truly defensively set up was HR in round 12, who spread their members out so it was impossible to attack them as an entity. As much as I was their enemy in r12 I admire them for it, it's the kind of thing that back in r5 I would have thought of.
Unread 20 Mar 2007, 23:25   #33
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

DC's are often in the middle of things
Members often feel the vibe of the war going on to a much lesser extend,
they really miss out on alot imo

I sometimes used galmates to help with counter-attacks and fleetcatches on calls that couldn't be covered

That's why I loved DCing, because you can really see what's going on
and if you really want you can get any attacker to die
just try to use all resources you can get
Unread 1 Apr 2007, 21:54   #34
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Even worse. Being HC and doing DC duty aswell. You simply get the shit for everything. It at thoose times one must blame the bottle!

<3 all DCs who give a damn and does a job

- to all DCs who sign up and only appear when they have inc on their own. Thank god its easy to figure out who they are
Thats pretty much just you Jonas </3

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2007, 21:56   #35
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
DC's are often in the middle of things
Members often feel the vibe of the war going on to a much lesser extend,
they really miss out on alot imo

I sometimes used galmates to help with counter-attacks and fleetcatches on calls that couldn't be covered

That's why I loved DCing, because you can really see what's going on
and if you really want you can get any attacker to die
just try to use all resources you can get
Very true, but its relieving to not having to watch the numeral incomings that comes with it just about every tick at night in hard war times. -.p

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2007, 12:06   #36
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

The thought of DCing again gives me chills... I got burnt out so hard after R8 when we were fighting a losing battle and all the other DCs went inactive :@ 16 hour solo shifts FTW :\
________
Suzuki gsr600 history

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:27.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2007, 17:48   #37
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Kileman is the suck at dcing

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2007, 23:07   #38
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

yer - I was the sole reason Fury lost R8.
________
LAND ROVER LRX SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:28.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2007, 02:55   #39
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

It was a pain in the arse though when you didn't get offers for def, sort of made you feel you had let the member down, as absurd a thought as that may be.

Not exactly fun for hours on end (I always found 3-8 to be the most difficult hours). I have also always had the deepest respect for those that could put in inhuman shifts, God knows how they did it.

I blame PA making me miss lectures for my repeat year!
Unread 3 Apr 2007, 03:06   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Dcing is fun.
When i first played this game in round 2 and there was like 500of us playing that round (well 10000000000 accounts but 500 ppl) I was that good a DC in Ark I didnt have to spam guild chat because i would just wake my cat/dog/ferrett/4 sisters/7 brothers/9 uncles/couple of ants out the ant farm and get them to log on :P

But seriously you do a good job ye all.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote