User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Sep 2014, 16:01   #201
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Id like the idea of having multiple accounts, but I do think they should be allowed to interact with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDN View Post
It is very simple!

No advertisement or improvement of the game over several years has slowly killed this game.

The universe is so small now, its not possible for semiactive players to do good anymore. In this universe you are bound to have incs every 3-4 night in average if your not in the top3 fenced hc gals.

This means either play very active or just be farmed all round.

The game will not improve unless the playerbase gets bigger, i think allowing multiple planets soon is a forced measure to keep this game alive.
Im hardly playing this game anymore, not defended a single attack and not been in any tag and im still top50. The playerbase is way to small!

Big question is, how do we get more players?
What would your concerns be if pa allowed everyone to make two planets to increase the playerbase.. Those planets would offcourse not be allowed to be in the same gal, defend or attack eachother.
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 17:18   #202
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
Id like the idea of having multiple accounts, but I do think they should be allowed to interact with each other.
Why interact with each other? That just promotes cheating. Hihi Bastet!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 18:14   #203
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

It's an interesting concept, but I think having multiple planets would create more problems than it would solve.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 18:21   #204
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Surely it would be more sensible to bring back on a larger scale the bot planets that 1:1 used to have. Why were they removed?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 18:30   #205
FOCKERS

FOCKERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Fockers were never a real force.
Ofc not, we were less than 20!

Quote:
Fockers (and other crappy lolwave alliances) could easily be smashed.

The only reason they ever were left alone to an extent is because is because if you hit them, they team with your enemies with the sole aim of stopping you winning.
So were you or were you not afraid to smash us? Bit confusing this part is..

Quote:
Infact, Fockers and co played only to make people quit or to ruin their round and lol that they ruined a top 10 planet.
Yes we did play to ruin other people's round, damn us for doing such a diabolical thing on a war game! If people quit the game because of it, we probably did them a favour, because this surely can't be the right game for them!

Quote:
And Norton is included in that.
This we wont admit, do not corrupt our good name including Norton on our holy ranks! Im preety sure we roided his sorry ass back then!

Quote:
Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
If you consider that, we acomplished our goals.
Now to be true, i have no idea on which crappy "top alliance" you were in but you're giving yourself too much credit, i dont think you were THAT good to be roided by us...
FOCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 18:54   #206
FOCKERS

FOCKERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
EC has to some extent, p3nguins have, apprime have. Probably several more that i can't remember or know of. Even Rock has.
If i could stop crying, id laugh out loud.
FOCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 19:21   #207
slikkah

slikkah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
What does Ult/App have to punish anyone for exactly? To me, that as a reason is just pathetic. Ultores have been party to being in blocks themselves and seriously, it's only "bad" when it's "against" them.

Poppycock. As someone who has been in command from the very early rounds, let me just say the blocks of present day are NOTHING when compared to the days of Fury/Legion/Xanadu.
Im around since R1 also Zhil, if not always to play actively, but atleast idled/scanned or somewhat to know whats goiing on mostly, what i meant, is the "lame" blocks sometimes now are less playable then in earlier rounds with the shrinking playerbase, peeps get burned out faster, surely those with somewhat having a RL.
I also meant that i can understand Ult/App & co playing a (lame?) funround themselves now after multiple rounds getting backstabbed/hammered when not even beiing ally rank or even size #1, there have been discussions enough over this etc, so i wont go further again into that, but the main problem imo of all now = playersbase, with no sponsoring, advertising etc, i fear for this game we still like i think :P
And btw, Fury/Legion/Xanadu etc wars/blocks where epic and fun, loads of players and not really comparable with recent rounds wars, we do have much more nice tools now and smartphone stuff etc, but still, where is the time we claimed on irc with pre-buffering "!take 1" etc in chan lol, those where times aswell
slikkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 19:30   #208
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Surely it would be more sensible to bring back on a larger scale the bot planets that 1:1 used to have. Why were they removed?

I'd be inclined to agree with this...also curious why they were removed.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 23:10   #209
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Blocks have a more damaging effect now than they did in early rounds because the universe is smaller. The reason you ended up worse with blocks was because the game let you get hammered if you were losing;
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 01:10   #210
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

If you want the player-base to increase, the mechanics of the game needs to change.
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 01:19   #211
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
If you want the player-base to increase, the mechanics of the game needs to change.
The lack of sleep is a killer for the game
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 05:12   #212
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I'd be inclined to agree with this...also curious why they were removed.
they were removed cos of the ship farming that occurred
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 05:20   #213
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Multiple accounts would be a bad idea, it would allow give the ability to farm yourself for xp. multiple planets however would be much the same as it is now, just with more of everything you have already, more planets = more targets which is what this game lacks more and more of as each round passes.
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 11:22   #214
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

What do you see as the difference between multiple accounts and multiple planets except the obvious one that you would play multiple planets from the same account?

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 11:49   #215
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
What do you see as the difference between multiple accounts and multiple planets except the obvious one that you would play multiple planets from the same account?
You get a combined score from both ur planets so you don't give em away for farming, I would assume..
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 12:29   #216
booji
a bucket

The problem with it would be that it would not really make any difference; everyone would have to have the maximum number to be competitive. So there would be relatively the same number of attacks, defenders etc as there is now. Sure it would be a bigger universe but would be no different for anyone new, indeed it would potentially be more difficult for them.

What it would do would be to make the game more complex and mean that it would take more time which as already mentioned in this thread is not a good thing!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 12:39   #217
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
To be honest I know this has been mentioned before, but surely just developing PA so you can play also an app form would help/benefit it greatly? We can already communicate through phones etc with IRC apps so not exactly difficult to communicate with allies. I think an app version would greatly improve the player base plus, can also advertise it then through social media better.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 13:55   #218
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Multiple accounts would be a bad idea, it would allow give the ability to farm yourself for xp. multiple planets however would be much the same as it is now, just with more of everything you have already, more planets = more targets which is what this game lacks more and more of as each round passes.
Player score is combined score of all their planets? so if someone is dumb enough to farm themselves well let them

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 15:04   #219
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think we have enough problems With the multies that allready are in the game. :/

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 23:46   #220
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

shhhhh dont tell the cousins that they arent allowed, they dont know.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2014, 23:57   #221
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

if a multi ever won PA there would be a massive amount of EMO, as there has been no such emo i can confidently say you're all talking absolute bollocks as usual because someone with 2 planets should be winning yeis? either that or it isn't as big an issue as you're making it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
To be honest I know this has been mentioned before, but surely just developing PA so you can play also an app form would help/benefit it greatly?
the app is the browser, built into every damn phone capable of running "apps" if you feel you need this i feel sorry for you.

Quote:
um what mechanics? as snoops said earlier the game is boring as hell because everytime something new happens whiners whine and shit gets removed.

a niche browser game like this will not see any increase in players unless something drastic happens. something drastic will most likely put off the current crop of players and as such i doubt this will ever be in anyones interest.

all i can say is thank shit none of you are running this game

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 09:56   #222
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
if a multi ever won PA there would be a massive amount of EMO, as there has been no such emo i can confidently say you're all talking absolute bollocks as usual because someone with 2 planets should be winning yeis? either that or it isn't as big an issue as you're making it out to be.
Two BlackFlag HCs were caught ship farming this round.
And two planet of the winning gal last round was caught farmimg this round.

Its not a big issue, its widely common to cheat, and accepted in certain groups of this game.

Unread 17 Sep 2014, 10:39   #223
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
a niche browser game like this will not see any increase in players unless something drastic happens. something drastic will most likely put off the current crop of players and as such i doubt this will ever be in anyones interest.
It's a risky thing to do, but if nothing changes, PA will continue its slow decline and eventual cease to be. It's a choice between alienating the current player base and maybe attracting a new one, or appealing to the current target audience knowing that it is shrinking. Paradoxically, getting rid of the current player base is probably the only way PA will survive in the long term. We are holding the game back.

On the other hand, do games really need to be viable long-term? I mean, PA is what, 12 years old by now? Maybe it's time to just accept the game will die at some point in the next 3-5 years and just keep playing as long as we can/want to.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 17 Sep 2014 at 10:46.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 13:05   #224
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
To be honest I know this has been mentioned before, but surely just developing PA so you can play also an app form would help/benefit it greatly? We can already communicate through phones etc with IRC apps so not exactly difficult to communicate with allies. I think an app version would greatly improve the player base plus, can also advertise it then through social media better.
I think the PA team already declared that they aren't making an app.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 13:06   #225
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
Fixed for you ^^
Heh, I have never been closed.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 13:08   #226
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Two BlackFlag HCs were caught ship farming this round.
No, you "accused" two Black Flag HCs of cheating, that's not the same as being caught. Or is Bitcher now part of the Multihunter team?
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 13:30   #227
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Bitcher now part of the Multihunter team?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA
(its work friendly)
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 14:09   #228
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
No, you "accused" two Black Flag HCs of cheating, that's not the same as being caught. Or is Bitcher now part of the Multihunter team?
Lol, there has even been someone apart of the BF team who has more or less said that it was true.
And the evidence doesnt lie Clouds.

Unread 17 Sep 2014, 15:28   #229
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

If they're caught, they're closed right?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 15:30   #230
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
No, you cant get closed for ship farming

Unread 17 Sep 2014, 15:31   #231
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

So what was the sanction? I thought it was this:

Quote:
Farming
Farming is defined as: an agreement between the attacker(s) and defender(s) where one or both benefit. This includes farming roids, ships, salvage and XP.
Punishment 1st offence: All planets involved warned. Farm closed. Close farmer if there are obvious links between farmer and farm.
Punishment 2nd offence: All planets closed if previously warned. New planets treated as 1st offence.
If the farmer is not closed, then the farmer's planet will be changed back to its pre farm state (as far as possible)
Notes on farming:
-If a player tries to get another player closed by faking a farming agreement, the player will be closed
Underlined the part that becomes relevant if it's as obvious as you claim... If there was evidence, the farmer would surely be closed?

* We do not exist *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 17 Sep 2014 at 15:37.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 15:52   #232
Clouds

Quote:
Lol, there has even been someone apart of the BF team who has more or less said that it was true.
And the evidence doesnt lie Clouds.
You talk a lot of crap on AD, so I'd like to see this "evidence".

Quote:
Yes, but I think Bitcher runs his own Multihunter team and accuses people of imaginary cheating.

Quote:
No, you cant get closed for ship farming
Of course you can, if there's clear evidence. I've seen players get closed for ship-farming before. You're just looking at it in a narrow-minded light; there is a fine line between ship-farming cheating and strategical game-play to manipulate your attacker into crashing.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 16:26   #233
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

And who cheats and still suck?
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 17:16   #234
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Of course you can, if there's clear evidence. I've seen players get closed for ship-farming before. You're just looking at it in a narrow-minded light; there is a fine line between ship-farming cheating and strategical game-play to manipulate your attacker into crashing.
Well the story is that a BF spy, who somehow magicly took out the coords from our Tools the same time as they magicly appeared in your bot, accidently, crashed two fleets wich he launched at pt25 at ChronoX and NoXiouS.

Ofc the officialy story from BF was that it had to be a Ultores member who had been smart enough to gather BFs intel at pt25 so he could crash his fleets at your HCs planets so they would get closed.

Or the New story you just came up with now, tacticaly making him crash on your planets.

Now the planet that donated his ships was closed, so i guess there was proof of farming one way or another.

We have heard the same story when TheFallen got caught using fleet farms, and Connovar has after the round was over said that people WAS InFact cheating and taking donations.
So i guess its the same story all over again.

Unread 17 Sep 2014, 18:22   #235
Clouds

Quote:
Well the story is that a BF spy, who somehow magicly took out the coords from our Tools the same time as they magicly appeared in your bot, accidently, crashed two fleets wich he launched at pt25 at ChronoX and NoXiouS.

Ofc the officialy story from BF was that it had to be a Ultores member who had been smart enough to gather BFs intel at pt25 so he could crash his fleets at your HCs planets so they would get closed.
I thought you said you had solid evidence? Now you're saying "the story is".. Stop contradicting yourself, Bitcher!

Quote:
Or the New story you just came up with now, tacticaly making him crash on your planets.
You really should read sentences a little more closely. I said there is a difference between cheating and strategy, I didn't mention Black Flag what-so-ever.

Quote:
Now the planet that donated his ships was closed, so i guess there was proof of farming one way or another.
The attacking planet was closed (apparently - I haven't looked into it myself), but the target(s) weren't. Just because one or two planets got crashed into doesn't mean they orchestrated the crash.

Quote:
We have heard the same story when TheFallen got caught using fleet farms, and Connovar has after the round was over said that people WAS InFact cheating and taking donations.
So i guess its the same story all over again.
I guess you should look up the words "sarcasm" and "trolling" because Connovar doesn't have a high enough IQ to organise ship-farming.

Last edited by Clouds; 17 Sep 2014 at 19:13.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 22:29   #236
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I thought you said you had solid evidence? Now you're saying "the story is".. Stop contradicting yourself, Bitcher!

You really should read sentences a little more closely. I said there is a difference between cheating and strategy, I didn't mention Black Flag what-so-ever.

The attacking planet was closed (apparently - I haven't looked into it myself), but the target(s) weren't. Just because one or two planets got crashed into doesn't mean they orchestrated the crash.

I guess you should look up the words "sarcasm" and "trolling" because Connovar doesn't have a high enough IQ to organise ship-farming.
What is solid evidence to you then?
Since when did MHs start to go public with their cases?

Unread 17 Sep 2014, 23:20   #237
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

The rules the MH's work with states that
Quote:
solid evidence=closed
and
Quote:
circumstantial evidence=warning for first offence(closure on second)
So Bbutcher, is this solid or circumstantial in your mind? Or let me rephrase; are the MH's incompetent in this matter? And if so, do you sit on the evidence the MH's sit on? Or are you just clueless on the matter and are willing to slander people based on your subjective interpretation of a set of clearly defined set of game rules?

* We do not exist *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 17 Sep 2014 at 23:26.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 23:28   #238
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
The rules the MH's work with states that and So Bbutcher, is this solid or circumstantial in your mind? Or let me rephrase; are the MH's incompetent in this matter? And if so, do you sit on the evidence the MH's sit on? Or are you just clueless on the matter and are willing to slander people based on your subjective interpretation of a set of clearly defined set of game rules?
When TF was ship farming, nobody was closed, and TF HCs afterwards said that they infact did ship farm.
You cannot get closed for ship farming, they deduct ships stolen.

Unread 17 Sep 2014, 23:34   #239
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

More targets and more planets is what we need.

Maybe we should look more into having limited defence only planets ingal.

For example, every account can have say, 1 satelitte allowed in their own galaxy. The satelitte account isn't allowed to attack/covop or scan and can only init roids and build constructions such as refineries and produce say, 1 class of ship (just fico..or just frde)

The planet could have limited research tree and can be attacked by others. You'd have to defend your satelitte if you wanted it to grow etc etc. This would allow more targets (and most likely) smaller targets for lesser players and also add an interesting dynamic for existing players.

Just an idea..

(edit: of course people will figure out a way around this , such as ship farming etc but people will always try to exploit any game feature in any game to gain an advantage...)
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 02:46   #240
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

a satelite planet is interesting, almost a bot planet and a 4th fleet ... you couldnt tell it directly what to do but slightly influence it and maybe get lucky ... and it wouldnt count to your score, but you could use its ships as a 4th fleet full fleet or nothing.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 02:48   #241
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
When TF was ship farming, nobody was closed, and TF HCs afterwards said that they infact did ship farm.
You cannot get closed for ship farming, they deduct ships stolen.
TFs was pretty blatant ... you have a case on yours where someone hit a rain, then that rain retaliated and crashed ... with ships that arent even in our ship strat and with two people who are barely active enough to control their own planet much less multi/ship farm.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 08:21   #242
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
(edit: of course people will figure out a way around this , such as ship farming etc but people will always try to exploit any game feature in any game to gain an advantage...)
to avoid ship farming you could have it so that the planet is always on run and hide and you cant set it to fight; if you want the satellite planet defended you need to send a def fleet to it.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 08:50   #243
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
More targets and more planets is what we need.

Maybe we should look more into having limited defence only planets ingal.

For example, every account can have say, 1 satelitte allowed in their own galaxy. The satelitte account isn't allowed to attack/covop or scan and can only init roids and build constructions such as refineries and produce say, 1 class of ship (just fico..or just frde)

The planet could have limited research tree and can be attacked by others. You'd have to defend your satelitte if you wanted it to grow etc etc. This would allow more targets (and most likely) smaller targets for lesser players and also add an interesting dynamic for existing players.

Just an idea..

Just a question....

The thing here seems to be that PA needs more planets to be more entertaining etc. And a solution many speak of is multiple planets per PA player.

I am not seing how this benefits us? - It would most likely only mean people run around hitting those multi planets instead of actually making war?

Yes, it increases number of asteroids in PA - but how many do you think will bother to play a 2nd or more planets properly if that planet and main planet can not interact? It will just be someones farm, you will have maybe galaxies with many 2nd planets - imagine having your main planet in such a gal??

If I have 2 planets, and my buddy have 2 planets. How to restrict we farm eachoters 2nd planet?

Option two is planets can interact - that basically means you have a def planet that only play for your planet (or your buddies). How will introducing a 4th, 5th and 6th fleet to feed you defence solve anything? Gives incentives to build a pure def planet that can save you. Again, imagine having your main planet stuck in a gal with many such planets?
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 09:07   #244
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
I am not seing how this benefits us? - It would most likely only mean people run around hitting those multi planets instead of actually making war?
A universe with legal farms will stabilize at a certain roid : value ratio, just like it does now. At some point, it will become more efficient to hit "main" planets than "support" planets, just like at some point, it's more efficient to hit Ultores than to hit HR. That doesn't even require limits on the interactions between your planets, which I'm opposed to anyway.

Note that I'm not saying PA would not have to change in some ways if we were to introduce farming, but the general structure of the game would remain the same. Off the cuff ideas: maybe a 'bash limit' for defense? reverse XP? something to deal with ship farming?

The way legal farming improves PA is by 1) providing more targets for everyone, because farms will tend to be easier to hit than 'main' planets, and 2) taking power away from the multihunters, who at best police pointless rules, the removal of which would not harm the game, and at worse, actively harm the game with arbitrary judgements and mid-round rule changes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 18 Sep 2014 at 09:17.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 09:13   #245
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
A universe with legal farms will just stabilize at higher roid counts. At some point, it will become more efficient to hit "main" planets than "support" planets, just like at some point, it's more efficient to hit Ultores than to hit HR. That doesn't even require limits on the interactions between your planets.
Hm, true. That could happend also.

But, from my point of view - althou I am probably suspected by default to do this already since I am Apprime. Having a 2nd planet (or a pals 2nd planet) to farm and get defence from would mainly benefit me. It would mean extra fleets dedicated to my planet or whatever group I am in. It would also mean roids that are cheaper then mining page.

And, if you are in a good alliance/galaxy this just means you will grow a lot more then in a normal round - seing you can get a steady roid flow which you can manage to keep.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 09:36   #246
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
Hm, true. That could happend also.

But, from my point of view - althou I am probably suspected by default to do this already since I am Apprime. Having a 2nd planet (or a pals 2nd planet) to farm and get defence from would mainly benefit me. It would mean extra fleets dedicated to my planet or whatever group I am in. It would also mean roids that are cheaper then mining page.

And, if you are in a good alliance/galaxy this just means you will grow a lot more then in a normal round - seing you can get a steady roid flow which you can manage to keep.
from my point of view, having a 2nd planet would mean i could farm both your planets easier. I wouldn't aim to have "1 main and 1 support" planets, but rather 2 main planets. Goal is to get both planets ranked as high as possible, or as high as possible total score. For me it wouldn't mean jackshit if they were allowed to interact on defence and attack or not. As i would adapt my strategy accordingly.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 10:16   #247
Motti
Just Awesome

Quote:
from my point of view, having a 2nd planet would mean i could farm both your planets easier. I wouldn't aim to have "1 main and 1 support" planets, but rather 2 main planets. Goal is to get both planets ranked as high as possible, or as high as possible total score. For me it wouldn't mean jackshit if they were allowed to interact on defence and attack or not. As i would adapt my strategy accordingly.
Also a viable outcome indeed.

But in general, I think some variation of this suggestion implemented would probably mostly benefit those who are achieving above average as it is even more.

Whoever is farms now will continue to be farms, and those who farm weaker opponents will continue to do this anyway :-)
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 10:56   #248
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

It wouldn't make the game more newbie friendly no, and twice as many targets but you also have twice as many fleets in need of targets. The game needs new players or old players returned, not twice as many of the same players :P (Tho it could be fun for a (winter)round some time in the future)
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 11:27   #249
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Goal is to get both planets ranked as high as possible, or as high as possible total score.
Why is everyone assuming the score of your planets should be added? That's one way of doing things, but not the only way.

(And even if we did add up each player's planets, there's no guarantee that having 2 main planets would be better than having 1 main and 1 farm planet.)
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 11:32   #250
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Why is everyone assuming the score of your planets should be added? That's one way of doing things, but not the only way.

(And even if we did add up each player's planets, there's no guarantee that having 2 main planets would be better than having 1 main and 1 farm planet.)
I'm saying either way. If the score isn't added up and count individually then i would aim to get both as high as possible, similar if they do add up to a total score, my overall goal is to get both as high as possible.