User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Feb 2007, 08:21   #1
Jonny05

Jonny05 is infamous around these parts
Piggy's

Dont know if its been said before.
Dont really care.

What if piggy's had to fight each other on top of defence or even just have random casualty's.I mean we are all enemy's right why wouldnt you fight off someone lowering your roid cap.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 12:40   #2
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
Re: Piggy's

This would stop people teaming up to attack larger players though so I don't think it is a good idea.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 13:05   #3
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Teaming can be made an alliance feature (only players from the same alliance can team up).
But i have no practicable idea how to implement this, nor how to resolve combat with more than 2 parties (attacker, defender, piggies).
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 13:33   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

this would just stop co-operation between people in different alliances etc. Different alliances in the same block would not be able to co-operate.
Plus you'd have to build your attack fleet with that in mind and it'd get way too complicated IMO.
You'd have to take into account what the guy may be hit by and add ships to your fleet to be anti that in case of piggies. Then you'd have to take into account the fact that they're probably thinking the same thing - the stats may be made with this in mind next round or something but I don't like the idea.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 13:57   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

While I don't think they should go at it in full battle, the galaxies just too small to make that viable I have always thought there should be a friendly fire situation so that people who aren't from the same alliance or galaxy but land together will suffer some losses (not huge mind you) due to the confusion that would happen should such a situation happen.

Like real life allies would have beacons to identify them so they wouldn't hit each other but perhaps that could also open up a useful cov op where you could knock the beacons out and thus have that planets ships caught up in friendly fire
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 14:28   #6
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Kila when you cooperate it's usually landing the same thing say a BS teamup, now there is no BS in the attack fleets that targets BS, so the friendly fire wouldn't even happen if it was a feature...
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:06   #7
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

You could have it so that planets can team up if they click smoe button to say they want to.
In addition, you could lose say 5% of your ships when piggying. This would then bring in the bluff element (would a big attacker stay and lose loads for small rewards, smaller planet could say he wont pull etc).

Could be a fun addition.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:25   #8
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

A) i hate piggies.
B) most likely piggies will not target eachother with their guns, and usually one side will just kill off another if it just does happen to...
C) bring back the "target-all" ships from beta
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 15:29   #9
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
C) bring back the "target-all" ships from beta
Er that is a silly idea without knowing the details and for another thread.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 18:36   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

This is somewhat of an old idea that was brought up many rounds ago when hard-coding was being designed, and blocking was somewhat rampant.

It was effectively meant that, if two planets attacked a third planet at the same time, but were NOT part of the same alliance, they would fire upon each other--as well as the target planet--to a certain degree.

If the attackers were part of the same alliance (in-game) they obviously wouldn't fire at each other.

It's an interesting idea, but I believe, rather messy with multiple non-allied attackers.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 19:04   #11
Partypopp
[X-Virus]

Partypopp is an unknown quantity at this point

as the prelaunch feature is in the game, means many ppl are sleeping, working etc when the launches happen, meaning they are away when the defence is called out, and u have a less number of defence fleets than attack fleets, another reason for this is that most ppl have 2 attack fleets and 1 defence fleet. this is fact. the problem with it is that alot of gals are targeted by more than 1 alliance.....alliances like to target what looks good.

say for instance a team of alliance X lands on a planet while team Y lands, it should fire upon anyone interfeering outside of ally.

would make it more profitable to attack, but harder for value whores to go on strong. Personaly i love the idea of blasting the pigs out of the sky!

PP
Partypopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 21:22   #12
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

why not be able to decide who you choose to fire upon? asin be able to split %s of your fleet, 60% vs planet 40% vs piggy, it will introduce more flexability into this game, since its pretty much the same thing round after round. Launch, jgp, calc, pull/land.

Also it will give planets being attacked who have been triple booked, a chance to maybe survive more due to attackers being unable to know what the other has done with missions, if they do know it creates more communication between 'unknown' players.

It will allow alliances to be more strategical, other methods of killing the enemy without the salvage to bounce back from.

Basically there are alot more benefits, and im sure some downsides, but i think the pros outweigh the cons. Its gonna create a more strategical game, and better attacking oppertunities, because doing the same thing day in day out for the whole round, kinda gets boring after your first attack.

thoughts?
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:29   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
why not be able to decide who you choose to fire upon? asin be able to split %s of your fleet, 60% vs planet 40% vs piggy, it will introduce more flexability into this game, since its pretty much the same thing round after round. Launch, jgp, calc, pull/land.

A few issues:

1) Would you decide the percentage of firing aspect when you launched (assuming only one piggybacker) or could it be decided/changed prior to landing (based upon relevant scans). This would be a critical area of discussion, obviously.

2) Assuming you set the percentage rate upon launching, and could not change it mid-flight, how would your fleet act if there were no other attackers present (maybe you get lucky, and the piggy pulls...) or if you set it based upon one piggy, but there were two or more?

For the record though, I am--and have been for some time--a supporter of this general idea

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 02:16   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

You could have to tick an 'agressive mode' option before you launch your fleet.
It would make the battles more interesting coz less predictable. I think PA is turning too much to a non-wargame : either you get def and the attacker recalls or you dont get def and you run your fleet...
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 08:50   #15
Acer

You do still kind of fight each other, as the fleet with the biggest value always come out on top, so that is kind of a mini win over your piggy.

woo! i posted
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 09:45   #16
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki

Also it will give planets being attacked who have been triple booked, a chance to maybe survive more due to attackers being unable to know what the other has done with missions, if they do know it creates more communication between 'unknown' players.

It will allow alliances to be more strategical, other methods of killing the enemy without the salvage to bounce back from.

Basically there are alot more benefits, and im sure some downsides, but i think the pros outweigh the cons. Its gonna create a more strategical game, and better attacking oppertunities, because doing the same thing day in day out for the whole round, kinda gets boring after your first attack.

thoughts?
I like it!!!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 14:16   #17
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

How would you deal with the targetting issues in piggies fighting each other?

Say my terran de fleet is piggied by a zik cr fleet and I set my drakes to shoot them, they'd then be faced with a recall or a loss for no gain.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:45   #18
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

That's the point I guess.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote