User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Feb 2007, 18:03   #101
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
Re: Official Prehistoric Monkeys Announcement

oh jees, just war eachother and get it over with.

who cares
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 18:04   #102
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

wakey
i prefer to read GD, you get much more interesting conversations and discussions there. Ive only just started posting but then ive never really had the spelling and gramatical skills to post there but they have improved recently so i do now.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 23:30   #103
Muppet
Slightly tipsy

Muppet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by one of many "interesting" irc logs
[17:12] <Cm> yes
[17:12] <Cm> maybe
[17:13] <Cm> but we have a log that you cant beat!
In the intense battle for #1 spot in the irc log rankings; we have a winner!

Hopefully I won't ever have to wage war on this log, couse it would most certainly kill me
(I'm half dead already just by trying to read through all posts and logs in this thread...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
I ofcourse didn't poach pre round 20

seriously, quit whining, it's recruitment as I said above... if your people are loyal they will stay put... if not, they will haul ass..all part of alliance command
Simple as that really.
I've carefully reviewed all the "evidence" posted and the conclution can only be; no crimes comitted. Case closed.

Next case please
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 04:16   #104
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

Muppet should get his own detective show.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 05:15   #105
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

so is pMonkeys still in tact now or?
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 14:13   #106
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

If wakey would've put as much time in HC'ing F-Crew as he does in writing those long crap posts, F-Crew would've won a round for sure.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 14:57   #107
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
If wakey would've put as much time in HC'ing F-Crew as he does in writing those long crap posts, F-Crew would've won a round for sure.
Some how I doubt It as 10 minutes here and there would make much of a difference.

And I'm curious as to which part your find 'crap'.

Are you saying you think that alliances like Orbit don't have a duty to stand up and fight and make their issues known in the name of the very kind of players of this game that allow their alliance to exist

Or are you saying that Training alliances are there for nothing more than to supply other alliances with members

Or are you saying thats its ok for alliance to undertake recruitment techniques that they wouldn't like done on themselves or wouldn't dream on using on the ND's, Exil's 1ups of this game.

Whichever one it is it would be an idea to actually justify your belief, after all we can all go onto any thread and post a "thats crap" responce without any justification
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 18:09   #108
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

It looks like pMonkeys may have met a premature death
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 19:36   #109
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Are you saying you think that alliances like Orbit don't have a duty to stand up and fight and make their issues known in the name of the very kind of players of this game that allow their alliance to exist
not on every thread that doesn't have that particular alliances name as it's title, or some title resembling the thread being about them...why does every thread have to end up being about Wakey and F-Crew? It's like the drama llama has his own dish in your back yard.

Quote:
Or are you saying that Training alliances are there for nothing more than to supply other alliances with members
yes...thus the name "training" alliance, which means you train, and move on. maybe go for dropping the training bit, and just help new players, which actually does help the community, and quite loooking for a nobel prize. Look at it like Basic Training in the Military....you complete your training, then you get re-assigned.

Quote:
Or are you saying thats its ok for alliance to undertake recruitment techniques that they wouldn't like done on themselves or wouldn't dream on using on the ND's, Exil's 1ups of this game.
it's ok to recruit in whatever manner you like...if you do so and someone does the same to you and the player goes elsewhere, oh well. If your players are loyal, they will stay put, if they are not, they won't stay put...simple enough if you ask me. Ever consider they get tired of seeing their alliance leadership whine on every thread?
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 20:42   #110
Vikman
F-crew HC

Vikman is on a distinguished road

Btw where is The Shadow Man? Haven't seen him in monkeys public chan in a long time.
[email protected]
Vikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 21:40   #111
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
not on every thread that doesn't have that particular alliances name as it's title, or some title resembling the thread being about them...why does every thread have to end up being about Wakey and F-Crew? It's like the drama llama has his own dish in your back yard.
Thats rich coming from you, your one of the biggest attention whores on this forum and one of the worst as you rarely do anything more than insult flinging without any justification for doing so. As i said to Stoom its easy to throw insults such as "its crap" or "your an idiot" or "stop your ego trip" but it means nothing.

Also I would like to point out I generally don't hijack threads, this ones an exception due to the fact it was a nothing thread thats basically another recruitment thread and as such shouldn't have even been posted here or allowed to stay. As it was here it made more sense to use it than create a new thread.

In most cases when it seems to get turned into an F-Crew thread its because of others. Theres a trend here whenever I post (and your one of the ones who's done it in the past) to make out that I'm just posting from an F-Crew pov even when it is an issue that in no way effects F-Crew and that ends up turning it into an F-Crew thread but that's hardly my fault now is it. Perhaps if people here weren't so busy trying to discredit me by making me out to be someone who's only out to serve selfish needs it wouldn't seem to happen

Quote:
yes...thus the name "training" alliance, which means you train, and move on. maybe go for dropping the training bit, and just help new players, which actually does help the community, and quite loooking for a nobel prize. Look at it like Basic Training in the Military....you complete your training, then you get re-assigned.
Alot of companies train their employees from being unskilled or relatively unskilled in the companies field of expertise. Do they do so just to have them go off to their rivals, no they don't. For example IBM put some of my friends through uni, they didn't do that to then not get any benefit themselves. They expected them to work for them during holidays and for 3 years after graduatiing.

Also with your military example, its not really applicable now is it. A better military example for what happens is "The US Army trains the recruits, they then go and join the Canadian army" or a real life example "The US trains the Afgans, The Afgans then use that training to fight the US"

Quote:
it's ok to recruit in whatever manner you like...if you do so and someone does the same to you and the player goes elsewhere, oh well. If your players are loyal, they will stay put, if they are not, they won't stay put...simple enough if you ask me. Ever consider they get tired of seeing their alliance leadership whine on every thread?
Ok everyone off to #Conspiracy to use that to recruit people. Also feel free to use any other underhand tactic to recruit their members such as bad mouth the alliance, ridicule the alliance, ridicule the person for being in the alliance and get galaxy mates of them to threaten to kick them from their good galaxies and rape them if they don't leave. Oh and while your getting the gal mates to do that to people in good galaxies get the rest of them to tell their Conspiracy members who are unpaid (if there is any) to get their alliance to pay for them else they will also get or they will be kicked and as soon as they do get paid try and force them to quit.

But anyway, and i'm going to bold this as you lot all seem unable to read this statement EVERYTIME I POST IT when its not bold

Members leave,that's the norm for all alliances and the leavings not the issue. What we don't like are the tactics the supposed 'superior' alliances use on the ones considered inferior or even a joke, Its like the concept of class and honour go out the window once it comes to dealing with those they consider inferior. If you want to recruit people then fine but do it correctly, do it as you would like to treated (and pmonkeys showed that even the idea that another alliance is mass pming those in your channel to recruit them even when its a tactic youve employed isnt something alliances think is acceptable when its happening to them) and as you would treat the alliances you look upto. Don't
  • Go around mass pming in other peoples channels to try and recruit members
  • Don't go around telling people "There rubbish and only there to supply us members" (It happens a fair bit, if your recruiting SELL YOUR ALLIANCE not degrade their current one)
  • Don't ridicule them for being in that alliance
  • Don't threaten them to get them to join

And also don't pull that stunt where you pull that stunt near the end of round where either a) you approach a member or b) a member approached you about membership for the next round and you pull the "We want you for next round but your have to quit and join now else the offer will expire". If you want them then you can wait a few weeks and if they really want to leave immiadtly let them make that decision themselves

There's plenty of more suitable recruitment channels to explore and techniques to use and there's plenty

Tbh if leaving was an issue it wouldn't really be something id be complaining about from an F-Crew pov. After all as far as alliances go we are about as stable as you get, we haven't had break away groups like ToF, we haven't not completed a round like ND, we haven't had to resort to merging like SiN, TGV, ND, Orbit to name a few, we haven't had to recruit small mercenary groups (aka battle groups) into our alliance like Angels,Omen ect ect, yet here we are the only alliance to have completed every single round of the game and every round we are back once again with a strong core to our alliance

So once again I'll point out its not the leaving, its the tactics employed against ourselves and other alliances that are unfasionable
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 21:48   #112
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
Random stuff, pretty boring really
930 words - that would be a round winner for sure!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 22:41   #113
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
we haven't not completed a round like ND
excuse me?
Quote:
we haven't had to resort to merging like SiN, TGV, ND, Orbit to name a few
yeah obviously you can't get dissapointed if you don't set any goals for yourself, then obviously there's no need to merge
not to mention that you are absolutely fking clueless as to why the SiNND merge took place.

there's not alot of people like you around wakey, you have the insanely rare gift to piss off just about everybody, even people who have nothing to do with your stupid discussion, instead of just cutting your losses
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 00:09   #114
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats rich coming from you, your one of the biggest attention whores on this forum
I'm not a big fan of Angryduck, but i prefer to read his posts over yours.
And when it comes to attention whoring, he isn't even 1/10th of you.

Plz wakey, stop posting!
No matter how long your posts are, they always come down to the same 2 things:
1- We're a training alliance, we can't do bad things!!!!
2- It's not because we're a training alliance that you can just take our members!!!

Seriously, i've seen those kind of posts from you as long as i can remember, stop it plz.
Making posts about it that bore the entire community isn't gonna help your members stay, it's all up to them. If they want to stay they'll stay, if they want to leave, they'll leave.
Posting crap about it isn't going to make it change!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 00:11   #115
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
excuse me?
Round 2 and Round 13

Quote:
yeah obviously you can't get dissapointed if you don't set any goals for yourself, then obviously there's no need to merge

not to mention that you are absolutely fking clueless as to why the SiNND merge took place.
Because both alliances members were so lightweight in that round that when the going got tough they gave up. The official line I believe was that the merge was to give both sets of players a reason to increase activity but alot of people (Angels HC, KJ in particular) said the lateness of the merge was simply for ranking to try and save face for ND

Quote:
there's not alot of people like you around wakey, you have the insanely rare gift to piss off just about everybody, even people who have nothing to do with your stupid discussion, instead of just cutting your losses
angryduck has been in command positions in ND has he not? So he brought ND into it if you really want to to be picky. However did I actually attack any of these alliances in the reply for the mergers, breakaways, using mercenaries ect ect? The answer is no I didn't and if your taking offence I think it says more about your own sense of guilt than anything. All I did was raise a few facts for those who continue to ignore what I say and just label me as moaning about players leaving us.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 00:37   #116
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I'm not a big fan of Angryduck, but i prefer to read his posts over yours.
And when it comes to attention whoring, he isn't even 1/10th of you.

Plz wakey, stop posting!
No matter how long your posts are, they always come down to the same 2 things:
1- We're a training alliance, we can't do bad things!!!!
2- It's not because we're a training alliance that you can just take our members!!!

Seriously, i've seen those kind of posts from you as long as i can remember, stop it plz.
Making posts about it that bore the entire community isn't gonna help your members stay, it's all up to them. If they want to stay they'll stay, if they want to leave, they'll leave.
Posting crap about it isn't going to make it change!
No that's what idiots like yourself DECIDE to make it about. I don't know if its just that your all extreamly stupid and cant comprehend statements or if you just decide to twist everything into false statements that I've never because if you make out enough times that im saying that and that if you twist everything to make out that i'm posting about F-Crew issues that are only relevent to F-Crew (when in fact 95% of my posts aren't on matters that effect F-Crew and who's posts aren't about F-Crew despite what you want to make out)

Now the more the likes of you try and twist my words the more I will post to make sure your bastardised versions of what I'm saying are explained as falsehoods. So if you want me to post less stop it so I don't have to keep repeating myself.

As for attention whoring, seriously what reason would I have for trying to attention whore from this position. I don't know about you but getting needless abuse and attacks on my character isn't what I call fun. As a number of F-Crew HC past and present and members can tell you because it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle and all I receive is abuse I've planned to quit a number of times, its only really been when out of the blue ive received thanks from a member or another alliances hc for standing up for them that I've changed my mind before my planned announcement and then its only because I feel guilty leaving them in the lurch. I look forward to the day when F-Crew is in the state where I can leave (a level that its not too far from now tbh) and there's others willing to take over the fight for the little guy

p.s you no doubt prefer angryducks because they are largely pointless and are just thinly veiled insults. After all its alot easier to palate something which doesn't ask you to think about your actions to others who play this game and allow you to just join a mob
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 01:02   #117
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Thats rich coming from you, your one of the biggest attention whores on this forum and one of the worst as you rarely do anything more than insult flinging without any justification for doing so.
Wakey - Posts 3165
aNgRyDuCk - Posts 603

who's the attention whore?

Quote:
Also I would like to point out I generally don't hijack threads
bullshit

Quote:
Alot of companies train their employees from being unskilled or relatively unskilled in the companies field of expertise. Do they do so just to have them go off to their rivals, no they don't. For example IBM put some of my friends through uni, they didn't do that to then not get any benefit themselves. They expected them to work for them during holidays and for 3 years after graduatiing.

Also with your military example, its not really applicable now is it. A better military example for what happens is "The US Army trains the recruits, they then go and join the Canadian army" or a real life example "The US trains the Afgans, The Afgans then use that training to fight the US"
this is an online warGAME..not IBM, and as for your military example... the US Military DOES train soldiers from other countries....in each case.. they go elsewhere don't they.

Quote:
Ok everyone off to #Conspiracy to use that to recruit people. Also feel free to use any other underhand tactic to recruit their members such as bad mouth the alliance, ridicule the alliance, ridicule the person for being in the alliance and get galaxy mates of them to threaten to kick them from their good galaxies and rape them if they don't leave. Oh and while your getting the gal mates to do that to people in good galaxies get the rest of them to tell their Conspiracy members who are unpaid (if there is any) to get their alliance to pay for them else they will also get or they will be kicked and as soon as they do get paid try and force them to quit.

But anyway, and i'm going to bold this as you lot all seem unable to read this statement EVERYTIME I POST IT when its not bold

Members leave,that's the norm for all alliances and the leavings not the issue. What we don't like are the tactics the supposed 'superior' alliances use on the ones considered inferior or even a joke, Its like the concept of class and honour go out the window once it comes to dealing with those they consider inferior. If you want to recruit people then fine but do it correctly, do it as you would like to treated (and pmonkeys showed that even the idea that another alliance is mass pming those in your channel to recruit them even when its a tactic youve employed isnt something alliances think is acceptable when its happening to them) and as you would treat the alliances you look upto. Don't
Go around mass pming in other peoples channels to try and recruit members
Don't go around telling people "There rubbish and only there to supply us members" (It happens a fair bit, if your recruiting SELL YOUR ALLIANCE not degrade their current one)
Don't ridicule them for being in that alliance
Don't threaten them to get them to join

And also don't pull that stunt where you pull that stunt near the end of round where either a) you approach a member or b) a member approached you about membership for the next round and you pull the "We want you for next round but your have to quit and join now else the offer will expire". If you want them then you can wait a few weeks and if they really want to leave immiadtly let them make that decision themselves

There's plenty of more suitable recruitment channels to explore and techniques to use and there's plenty

Tbh if leaving was an issue it wouldn't really be something id be complaining about from an F-Crew pov. After all as far as alliances go we are about as stable as you get, we haven't had break away groups like ToF, we haven't not completed a round like ND, we haven't had to resort to merging like SiN, TGV, ND, Orbit to name a few, we haven't had to recruit small mercenary groups (aka battle groups) into our alliance like Angels,Omen ect ect, yet here we are the only alliance to have completed every single round of the game and every round we are back once again with a strong core to our alliance

So once again I'll point out its not the leaving, its the tactics employed against ourselves and other alliances that are unfasionable
you feel free to drop by #Conspiracy anytime you like and use whatever recruiting methods you like.. when CT's members tell you piss off, they are in a good alliance, then it will all be overwith and you can find another thread to bitch moan and complain on. If one of them would rather play for you... cool, we'll part ways and go on about our business.

And by the way, I haven't worn and ND HC shirt in over 7 rounds...how am I bringing ND into it?

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 3 Feb 2007 at 01:07.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 01:10   #118
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ok I know I don't get much work to do these days and this is going to sound damn lazy, but I've had a few glasses of vino (not gay) and I'm too merry to deal with all of this right now.

But this thread is about an alliance - not wakey. If you want to discuss whether wakey is a twat or not, do it elsewhere. Slag each other off in pm for all I care. Wakey along with the people slagging him are equally as guilty.

Me or JBG will clean up this thread or split/sort it out in the morning. Discuss Prehistoric Monkeys. Character assassinations have their place on AD, I'm unsure whether this is one of them.

Thanks to ChronoX for bringing this thread to my attention.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 13:23   #119
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Please do not feed the trolls.

Anyone breaking the rules further by hurling insults at another user for no real reason will login to their forum screen with a monologue box saying why you've been banned. This thread was the worst for a while.

I'm feeling generous so i've opened it.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 13:37   #120
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

You've posted so much drivel on here, but I'll comment on one piece of it in particular.

Quote:
Because both alliances members were so lightweight in that round that when the going got tough they gave up. The official line I believe was that the merge was to give both sets of players a reason to increase activity but alot of people (Angels HC, KJ in particular) said the lateness of the merge was simply for ranking to try and save face for ND
do you even have a clue about what was happening with the two alliances during that round? SiN and ND were on the losing 1up block and at the time of their merge it was fairly clear that their block had lost the war, the merge was there to boost morale in an attempt to keep both alliances from disbanding, and it worked.
There was a pretty big boost in morale when the merge took place, it served it's purpose by giving the new alliance a second wind.
I'd honestly like to see F-crew and your members who aren't as "lightweight" as the SiN/ND members take on the eXilition block of round 13, would be interesting to see how many haven't given up by the end of the first week.
The little dig about ranking is also fairly silly as, iirc, there was a 2-3mil scoregap between LCH and SiNND at the end of the round (3rd or 4th) which we could have easily made up by adding certain people to the tag if we cared about rankings (Tearz, among others, had been out of tag to create a "SiN" tag for some fun in havoc)
In future, before posting, get a clue.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 18:26   #121
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Hearing Lokken's warning, 1) did kila read it? 2) didnt F-crew merge with IPC... 3) pMonkeys and Chronox seem to have calmed down a little and their recruitment is now open again.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 18:50   #122
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Hearing Lokken's warning, 1) did kila read it?
Yes, I did.
I did not discuss Wakey being a twat (I came to #f-crew to do that), I discussed a point he raised about alliances.
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 19:29   #123
lokken
BlueTuba

What Kila said
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 19:36   #124
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

for the recrord: Vino is not gay in anyway.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 20:51   #125
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Discuss Prehistoric Monkeys.
Did miss that bit out though, which is what I was refering to, and in the latest reply you didnt infer what you were told not to say, but Lokken is the mod so I shall carry on into my slightly tipsy and knackered state...
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 21:13   #126
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

If im not mistaken, hinch copyrighted everything monkeh related in 2001.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 21:30   #127
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
You've posted so much drivel on here, but I'll comment on one piece of it in particular.

do you even have a clue about what was happening with the two alliances during that round? SiN and ND were on the losing 1up block and at the time of their merge it was fairly clear that their block had lost the war, the merge was there to boost morale in an attempt to keep both alliances from disbanding, and it worked.
There was a pretty big boost in morale when the merge took place, it served it's purpose by giving the new alliance a second wind.
I'd honestly like to see F-crew and your members who aren't as "lightweight" as the SiN/ND members take on the eXilition block of round 13, would be interesting to see how many haven't given up by the end of the first week.
The little dig about ranking is also fairly silly as, iirc, there was a 2-3mil scoregap between LCH and SiNND at the end of the round (3rd or 4th) which we could have easily made up by adding certain people to the tag if we cared about rankings (Tearz, among others, had been out of tag to create a "SiN" tag for some fun in havoc)
In future, before posting, get a clue.
The little dig, it was hardly a dig. SiNND gave the official reason that it was to stimulate activity but alot of the community thought it was for rank to save face. Do a search for SiNND and your find posts from during and after the round with people stating so. The same kind of claims that ND for example made about Angels and Omen last round. Its a simple fact that everyone who merges officially states "its not for rank" but alot of them turn out to be that way and as long as mergers bring with them all the members score and bypass the usual joining limits then its something which no matter what is officially said is always a real possability

Anyway go and read the SiNND thread and I'll put money on the fact that I didn't even post on the threads and if I did it didn't attack either alliance for doing it and just attacked the procedure that allows mergers for no penalty which imho is something that destroys merges credibility and more often than not (especially lower down) pushes alliances into mergers that is plain to see wasnt going to improve an alliance and just gains them score before in the long run weakening both parties

I will also point out I didnt even attack ND and SiN for doing it here, what I did was point out that while everyone makes out on this thread (and others) that all i'm doing is complaining about losing members or our inability to keep members when thats not the case because as I pointed out we have a stable core which doesn't leave in any significant amount and doesn't give up and aas such I have no need to 'moan' about F-Crew losing members
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 21:37   #128
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Hearing Lokken's warning, 1) did kila read it? 2) didnt F-crew merge with IPC... 3) pMonkeys and Chronox seem to have calmed down a little and their recruitment is now open again.
Not sure you can really count taking in 3 players from an alliance who has disbanded merging, do you. Admittedly they were the only IPC who stayed in the game but we have all taken in groups of under 5 from another alliance so if that's a merge then every alliance in this game has (hey probably multiple times as we have taken in a few such small groups of friends from alliances that they have left or have disbanded)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 23:14   #129
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

All is fair in love and war.

And as for having to resort to merging, wakey, Orbit has never merged, it was created by a merge 6 rounds ago. Do you know how many people who were there at that merge are still in orbit? No you dont. Do you relise how different Orbit is now than it was then? No you dont. Wakey get your head out of your arse and shut the **** up. Everyone else wants it so please, listen to everyone and keep quiet.
(also we could have pushed for a merge last round and most likly gone through with it, but we prefer to fight for our ranks)
Unread 3 Feb 2007, 23:27   #130
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

and btw who ever neg repped me with "pedantic bastard git..."
very brave of you to do it anonamously

Thanks for the compliment
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 00:50   #131
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
All is fair in love and war.

And as for having to resort to merging, wakey, Orbit has never merged, it was created by a merge 6 rounds ago. Do you know how many people who were there at that merge are still in orbit? No you dont. Do you relise how different Orbit is now than it was then? No you dont. Wakey get your head out of your arse and shut the **** up. Everyone else wants it so please, listen to everyone and keep quiet.
(also we could have pushed for a merge last round and most likly gone through with it, but we prefer to fight for our ranks)
Lokken removes a bunch of your posts due to your inability to read and what do you do start doing it again. Now I know full well how Orbit was formed and I know how different Orbit then and Orbit now is, that's the exact reason why I used Orbit and not the individual alliances which the community may not have known or even you as HC's may not have known as it was before your time.

Now as I said twice to ND and SiN I wasn't attacking you for the merge, at the lower end Orbits merge is one of the more successful and more structured ones there's been and had some actual thought put in it. I was simply pointing out that people that people here keep turning it into a "Wakey is just complaining cos hes lost members" when we are one of the most stable alliances in the game and hasn't had the kind of membership issues that others have had and some continue to. The biggest problem we have had to deal with on the membership front was our inexperienced but good members getting poached in the last week or so just for the score gain they brought but with the current system that's not an issue any more.

I just want people to stop trying to twist it as a complaint about members leaving F-Crew as we have alot less need to complain about that than alot of alliances
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 04:50   #132
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
The little dig, it was hardly a dig. SiNND gave the official reason that it was to stimulate activity but alot of the community thought it was for rank to save face.
Well, I've just shown you evidence pointing to that being incorrect.

Quote:
I will also point out I didnt even attack ND and SiN for doing it here
oh right, so saying that the players were "lightweight" isn't an attack, but recruiting members in your channel is!
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 12:10   #133
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
oh right, so saying that the players were "lightweight" isn't an attack, but recruiting members in your channel is!
The lightweight comment was made after cura decided to stick his nose in and turn what I had said into an attack on ND, Now lets be honest though ND and SiN's members in that round were lacking and lightweight is a descriptive word that means "not up to the task or lacking". Could I have uses a less harsh word to describe the same thing, probably but after cura's reply I didn't think he deserved it toned down

And yes I know they were both on the losing end of a war and you can say its normal but they weren't the only alliances on the end of a losing war that round (1up for example, you didn't see them merging as they weren't lightweight, the going got tough and they dugg in) and your not the only alliance on the losing end of a war in PA's history many of whom haven't had to merge either.

The fact both alliances had the ability to merge and get back into contention showed that the only reason they were heading towards disbanding was the commitment of the members and not the resources at hand. And as such the simple answer to why they had to merge is the members that round were lightweight, something which quotes from both the ND and SiN camp confirmed at the time
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 13:02   #134
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I wouldn't say they were lightweight (the ND I mean), they had some top shelf players, they were just inactive twats

on a side note: funny I never used that word before I played PA
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 13:14   #135
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
The lightweight comment was made after cura decided to stick his nose in and turn what I had said into an attack on ND, Now lets be honest though ND and SiN's members in that round were lacking and lightweight is a descriptive word that means "not up to the task or lacking". Could I have uses a less harsh word to describe the same thing, probably but after cura's reply I didn't think he deserved it toned down
You made an attack on ND and Cura was, quite frankly, right to stick his nose in and defend his alliance.
You used the term "lightweight" as if the players were not up to the task of finishing a round, the part that you missed out was that they were on the receiving end of hundreds of fleets a night from the winning block. Once again, I'd love to see F-crew take a week of that, let alone a whole round.

Quote:
And yes I know they were both on the losing end of a war and you can say its normal but they weren't the only alliances on the end of a losing war that round (1up for example, you didn't see them merging as they weren't lightweight, the going got tough and they dugg in)
And they finished 7th, 1up were the alliance that had won 2 rounds in a row prior to R13, they were the second strongest alliance behind eXi in military that round, and they finished 7th, obviously alliances not as strong as 1up militarily would finish lower down the rankings.
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 18:02   #136
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quick post in a highly ironic thread where F-crew calls someone else lightweight. I may reply properly to this when I get home from work
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 18:11   #137
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The usual mindless drivel
My brain nearly imploded trying to handle the sheer amount of comedy of Wakey calling ND members lightweight. If ND are considered lightweight (or to prevent the open door: should be considered lightweight in that round), what do you consider F-crew to be? Floating above surface?
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 18:15   #138
lokken
BlueTuba

Creative moderator suggestion
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 20:25   #139
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

The whole thing about this ""discussion"" is that ND might have thrown in the towel at round 2 (round 13 is a different story), but that's totally besides the point. What isn't beside the point is the hypocricy of wakey stating it. For the HC of an alliance that hasn't even stepped into the ring, claiming another alliance is worth less for throwing in the towel one round out of 20* is pretty ironic.

So, as I said in PM to wakey but to which he didn't want to answer (apparently he only wants the attention on boards and not in PM, which kind of forces me to post it here) I challenge him to run a real alliance and come back and compare himself with ND or any other real alliance then. Cause now he's way out of the league.

* which was the whole aviendha(sp?) case, those ppl involved probably still remember it and know ND showed real strength in rebuilding after that
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 20:31   #140
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

You mean you haven't heard of the F-crew airships? Using Zeplin technology we have a T1 satelite internet link. Chef was indeed the ships cook for many years, hence his name. Wakey is the party guy, always stripping off to the YMCA....
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 20:34   #141
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
So, as I said in PM to wakey but to which he didn't want to answer (apparently he only wants the attention on boards and not in PM, which kind of forces me to post it here) I challenge him to run a real alliance and come back and compare himself with ND or any other real alliance then. Cause now he's way out of the league.

* which was the whole aviendha(sp?) case, those ppl involved probably still remember it and know ND showed real strength in rebuilding after that
Or perhaps he didn't want to have an arguement in a pm like he doesnt want to here? Just saying.
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 20:46   #142
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

tbh if he doesn't want arguments he shouldn't bring down other alliances that have nothing to do with the discussion?
just saying.

Last edited by cura; 5 Feb 2007 at 19:55.
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 14:46   #143
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Now I know full well how Orbit was formed and I know how different Orbit then and Orbit now is, that's the exact reason why I used Orbit and not the individual alliances which the community may not have known or even you as HC's may not have known as it was before your time.
Heh I couldn't name the pre-Orbit alliances that merged under threat of torture. I think one was called E1W or something.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 16:00   #144
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You do realise that TGV has never *had* to resort to meging -- yes we merged with SiN last round -- for reasons you know nothing about, however I will say that they had nothing to do with either necessity or score gain.

If you want to be proud of your alliance, that's fine, but there's no need to degrade what other alliances have done in order to do so....Oh and just so you know -- F-Crew isn't the only alliance in the game that takes and trains new players, it's just that the rest of us don't make endless posts to the forums about it.
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 19:48   #145
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
gonna have to stop u there m8 we have never bothered putting a spy in f-crew and i would know because it would have been me who would have put them there

To add to that comment, Is there any alliance intrested in putting a spy in F-crew ? I doubt that.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 21:09   #146
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
Heh I couldn't name the pre-Orbit alliances that merged under threat of torture. I think one was called E1W or something.
I can but no1 cares

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 23:51   #147
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

pMonkeys no longer exist as they have joined into Orbit. (Not a merge imo as the HC of pMonkeys have not been given HC places in Orbit). I hope them the best of luck for the future. May I suggest this thread is now closed.
Unread 6 Feb 2007, 23:59   #148
_Kila_
break it down!

pMonkeys are a part of Orbit now, so they still do exist as they're playing together and I'm sure they still have their community channels.

It is a merge, they've just agreed that the pMonkeys HC don't get HC status for reasons best known to Orbit and pMonkeys HC, it was, nonetheless, a merge.

If you want to suggest the closure of a thread, you should PM a mod as opposed to posting here in a vain attempt to provoke ChronoX/other pMonkeys members.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:20   #149
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Wasnt aimed at provoking anything. I was informed in the orbit channel that it wasnt a merge by one of their HC. I further wasnt informed that pMonkeys were infact becoming a battle group within Orbit. Their community channel says go to #orbit.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:27   #150
lokken
BlueTuba

I've no reason to close this thread, it can either a) die or b) have some interesting discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Closing a thread 'because one user thinks it should' is hardly a reason. I'd prefer to let nature take it's course.