User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Jun 2011, 17:41   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Rd 42 changes

http://www.planetarion.com/news/news...und-42-changes

^^ this is awful

So basically if your good at pa you will be punished for it is the motto of rd 42?

WELLDONE PA TEAM ANOTHER FAIL
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 17:56   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Rd 42 changes

Cry more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:00   #3
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
http://www.planetarion.com/news/news...und-42-changes

^^ this is awful

So basically if your good at pa you will be punished for it is the motto of rd 42?

WELLDONE PA TEAM ANOTHER FAIL

personally, i think these are all good changes. you are not punished if you are good it is merely a way to 1) stop salvage donations and 2) keep things more competitive for longer.

its like in mario cart when the car in the lead is slower than those behind.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:08   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

but why should you be punished for havinga good start and being able to hold it - yes it stops the salvage donations to an extent BUT it punishes peoplewho play properly
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:15   #5
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i dont see how it does tbh kai. it just gives smaller players a little bit of a boost. until we see the formula there are some questions, but assuming its just a small boost, i cant see a downside.

bear in mind, this has all been caused by the prevalence of salvage donations.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:28   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
but why should you be punished for havinga good start and being able to hold it - yes it stops the salvage donations to an extent BUT it punishes peoplewho play properly
It is changed so that people like you can't crash into top planets to give them huge amounts of value gains in salvage.

Why am I not suprised you're against it.
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:32   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

1) Not a bad idea ... was this idea
PA team
PA playerbase
Jagex

2) I'm sure the lads and lassies in #scans (and those who use #scans including me) will welcome the scan cost reduction.

3) Definetly pro on this to take out the incentive to salvage donate if done right
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:32   #8
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

lol kargool your such a whinging fag. Yes i crashed into whoops but i did it cos i was bored it wasnt organised value gain - i can do as i wish with my fleet and ranodm crashing isnt cheating...

grow up and get over yourself
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:36   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
lol kargool your such a whinging fag. Yes i crashed into whoops but i did it cos i was bored it wasnt organised value gain - i can do as i wish with my fleet and ranodm crashing isnt cheating...
Do you understand how (including the likes of) you are making the game shit for everyone else?
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:38   #10
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Same could be said about alliances who attack you with 8-10 man lolwaves( Kargools TGV) that makes the game more unplayable for a larger period of time than me being bored of pa on last day and throwing my fleet at someone random
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:50   #11
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

If smaller waves than 8-10 man would get covered then one has to pile on 8-10 man waves to get roids off a planet. Not like we send such huge waves at everyone.
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:55   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

grow up and get over yourself
Keep talking man, let everyone see what a moron you are.
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:55   #13
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Getting hit by 8 to 10 people is no excuse for cheating anyway.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 18:59   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It is in fact a reason to feel proud you're worthy of all that attention.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 19:42   #15
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

This is imo, all good. IŽm looking forward to see the formulae on the salvage cap/reducement.

And i honestly belive that restricting salvage on high score (uni wise) planets, wonŽt have a significant impact on the game regarding rankings, atleast until last week - where weŽll be rid of stupid unrealistic score gains, seeing planets with half the res income of others suddenly pass them at the rankings.

Thumbs up
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 23:40   #16
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
it wasnt organised value gain - i can do as i wish with my fleet and ranodm crashing isnt cheating...
These changes won't affect your "right" to crash your fleet on any random target you choose.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2011, 15:23   #17
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

The only problem I have is that the new code seems unecessary complicated. But then again, it's not like there's a lot of new players to confuse anyway,

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2011, 09:35   #18
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Keep talking man, let everyone see what a moron you are.
I agree
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 04:25   #19
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

one of the changes that won't effect game play... well we just found that one out the hard way....

you can't change r/p up until shuffle anymore. ty for letting us know
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 06:05   #20
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

lucky i changed my r/p name just after tick 1 before i went to work

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 14:47   #21
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Interestingly (or not) you *can* change your Nick. I'd have thought that this works against the principle of maintaining a continuous history between rounds.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 15:08   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Assuming your history isn't lost when you change your nick, no, it doesn't.
Unread 11 Jun 2011, 19:13   #23
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Given that we're now identified by our email address you may well be right.
Unread 12 Jun 2011, 20:43   #24
Snipes

Snipes is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the changes, but not huge on the solo targeting this round.

I was lolwaved by apprime, rock, and oddr, a couple times last round. i guess we did not complain because we covered all but once. Nice def strat TGV.
Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2011, 01:46   #25
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:

why is kaiba worried about this?

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores

Last edited by vuLgAr; 13 Jun 2011 at 22:52. Reason: even i don't know what that meant
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote