User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Nov 2009, 15:48   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Pa more fun?

Few ideas:

Remove all the notification stuff, it's making pa dull.

Have cloaking as a research option for all races

every planet has 300 roids, always and ever (to keep roid influx high)
Unread 28 Nov 2009, 16:12   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Pa more fun?

Your arguments have convinced me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2009, 16:20   #3
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I especially like the parts that make sense.
Unread 29 Nov 2009, 05:03   #4
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

awesome plan - in fact let me go sleep over it and i'll have comments in the morning!
Unread 29 Nov 2009, 12:12   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Arguments.

Well tbh I think the notification stuff made pa so boring. Everyone you attack has ample def waiting for you. Solo lands - I haven't seen one happen in a long time. What I do see is 6 2-mil value players teaming up to get 15 roids each. I personally think the 'you win some, you lose some' idea should get more of a chance.

Cloaking as an option for al races would be bad news for xan as the only thing that makes them interesting is now used for everyone. However the cloaking does make for interesting decisision times. Fun fun fun. People will make more mistakes and guesses, therefore perhaps stirring up the stale universe. Pa needs to change so that people will start taking risks and lose in gambles.

The 300 roid idea is nothing more than a suggestion to get some more roids into the universe.
Unread 29 Nov 2009, 14:19   #6
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Planetarion cannot get more fun.

Its at the peak of entertainment for not only you, but for your entire family.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2009, 16:03   #7
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Your arguments are invalid.

Why? They're based solely on your personal experience within Planetarion and do not reflect current playing trends.

I'd ask you for further explanation as to how your ideas would work or be implemented but I really don't want to give you any illusion of false hope, nor the impression that there's anyone here who doesn't think you're an idiot.
Unread 29 Nov 2009, 19:58   #8
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
...nor the impression that there's anyone here who doesn't think you're an idiot.

I agree, I would remove cloaking all together...

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2009, 00:38   #9
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I agree, I would remove cloaking all together...
Pfft, just bring back old school military scans, makes faking so much more complicated :P
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2009, 01:50   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Pfft, just bring back old school military scans, makes faking so much more complicated :P
I dont see why xan should get the cloak bonus with faking. Incoming scans should at least show cloaked ships at say eta 1-4.

I think the cloak should be more like stealth..

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 30 Nov 2009, 09:44   #11
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I dont see why xan should get the cloak bonus with faking. Incoming scans should at least show cloaked ships at say eta 1-4.

I think the cloak should be more like stealth..
Considering incoming scans already show the total numbers, it´s not like you can easily roid everyone with pods only (also, whoever gets roided by pods only deserves it anyway).
What would you mean by "stealth" though? Not showing incs until eta 4?
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2009, 13:14   #12
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

The thing which is making PA dull is that only a tiny sub-section of an ever-declining player base has any hope of winning, and they do so pretty much repeatedly.

None of these suggestions will address that.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 22:48   #13
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
The thing which is making PA dull is that only a tiny sub-section of an ever-declining player base has any hope of winning, and they do so pretty much repeatedly.

None of these suggestions will address that.
ban everyone except the new players?

<Ave> both has bad gfx