User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2005, 01:56   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[mobile phone] Ridsy!

Your opinion (and others if they know).

Out of these phones what would you pick:

MDA Compact
Nokia N70
Nokia 8800 (I pay £100)

I could get it for £4.99 line rental for any phone on shitty T-Mobile at my store tomorrow.

Ta.

P.S. Sorry I couldn't provide link for what the phones look/are like.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 12:21   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: [mobile phone] Ridsy!

Anything not nokia is worth giving a shot in my opinion but that is because I vigorously hate all nokia phoneys except for that one communicator that actually delivered (but was overpriced).

So.
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 13:16   #3
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

I'd recommend n70, only because i currently have the 6680. It's the first nokia phone i have owned (since having 1 erricson and 5 samsungs). The 6680 is a bit chunky and big compared to the current line of sleek phones and the n70 is essentially an upgrade of it. However chunkiness aside its very good phone, you can do a lot more things with it than your regular cute looking phone.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 15:40   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

has anyone got any idea when the N70 will be out on O2 Online, and how much it will be?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 18:59   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i just made the mistake of looking at the nokia site, i'm due an upgrade in a couple of months and looking at that i want either the n91 or the 3250, neither of which i think are going to be available for a little while yet
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 23:26   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Depends what you're looking for really.

I've had a bash with the N70, nothing special. 2 megapixel but nowhere near as good as the Sony Ericsson one. Other than that, its the standard Nokia smartphone thats been going around for years with a few enhancements, doesnt do it for me.

8800, its the posers phone. I want one, it doesnt do anything special but its a status thing, and in my opinion its pretty nice.

MDA Compact - is that the JAM under a different name? If it is, its a pretty nice piece of kit, but awkward as **** to actually use as a phone.

Also, whats the deal of this £4.99 thing? As its something I might be interested in!
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 01:00   #7
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Depends what you're looking for really.

I've had a bash with the N70, nothing special. 2 megapixel but nowhere near as good as the Sony Ericsson one. Other than that, its the standard Nokia smartphone thats been going around for years with a few enhancements, doesnt do it for me.

8800, its the posers phone. I want one, it doesnt do anything special but its a status thing, and in my opinion its pretty nice.

MDA Compact - is that the JAM under a different name? If it is, its a pretty nice piece of kit, but awkward as **** to actually use as a phone.

Also, whats the deal of this £4.99 thing? As its something I might be interested in!
That's one reason why I don't want to go for the n70. I could just stick with the 6680. But I heard the n70 has FM Radio (something useful now & again as the 6680 doesn't have one).

The 8800, that's the reason why I want one now. It's a status thing. But the battery life is shockingly worrying (two batteries in the box :eek: ).

The MDA is the i-mate JAM under a sub-name.

£4.99? I found out how it works. It's an 18M Relax 200 + 100 text. £4.99 line rental for 6 months via chequeback. That's it.
N70 is £50, 8800 is £199.95 & MDA is free (can't sell at the moment, some faulty product code).

Frankly Rids, it's a shit deal.... unless you're a dumb customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
has anyone got any idea when the N70 will be out on O2 Online, and how much it will be?
n70 is not available to O2 yet according to Phones4u sources. It will be in a couple weeks me think.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 01:40   #8
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
n70 is not available to O2 yet according to Phones4u sources. It will be in a couple weeks me think.
thanks, it's just down on the O2 website as "Oct '05". I think i'll just wait until they get the 6680 back in stock
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote