User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 31 Oct 2009, 16:02   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Planetarion iPhone app

I'd pay handsomely for one. Just a thought.
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 16:29   #2
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about
Re: Planetarion iPhone app

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn View Post
I'd pay handsomely for one. Just a thought.
5k and it's a done deal
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 17:15   #3
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

there is one :P mobile safari + View pages in a lighter version, where available.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 19:54   #4
Bams
Virus Champion

Bams is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked a friend of mine who runs a company developing iPhone apps to do this a while ago, he told me it is very expensive to develop properly plus there are only a few or so that actually have an iPhone. The marketing strategy and costs to earn the development costs back are even more insane apparently..
R32: EC (rank 21)
R33: Round off
R34: P3ng! (rank 84) - sry drinker

Bams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 20:12   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
5k and it's a done deal

You crossed the line between handsome and outrageous.
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 20:14   #6
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bams View Post
I asked a friend of mine who runs a company developing iPhone apps to do this a while ago, he told me it is very expensive to develop properly plus there are only a few or so that actually have an iPhone. The marketing strategy and costs to earn the development costs back are even more insane apparently..

That's because your friend needs to drive in a BMW 6-series and still has to pay his investors off.

The same could be said for the development of PA but that too was a few guys with a bit of spare time.
Unread 31 Oct 2009, 20:47   #7
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Hmm, never had a problem with viewing pa on iphone, usually runs smooth and I can change the things I want to with relative ease. So why would we need an app for it?

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2009, 04:01   #8
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

cuz it's snazzy, reaches more people, and has an in-app pay model nowadays. And it generates money.

I know it runs fine in a browser, and sure I can do everything, but not without zooming and scrolling. I often miss when I want menu items.
And if you know iphone and the apps you see, you know that you could easily vision a very nice friendly app for it.

PA is the just the ultimate game to have on an iphone. Always in your pocket.
Unread 1 Nov 2009, 04:13   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

just a stab underwater, but the app store clients spend millions a month. Whereas facebook... Well.

You can make a limited free sandbox (say protection with a few pregenned actions) that explains the rest of the game. The launch of the free app alone could be a potential influx of new players, as there are some people who will download it just becuase it's there and it's new. And if the community downloads it en masse and rates it well, it will reach high profile in no-time.
Unread 1 Nov 2009, 04:16   #10
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

oh man combined with micropayment for sms actions... A commercial winner.