User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 21:40   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hug A Hoodie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5163798.stm

Here we have another of the tories and their whacky plans for getting into office.

Once again it is disposable tripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cameron
Let's try and understand what's gone wrong in these children's lives and we'll find it's about family breakdown, it's about drugs, it's about alcohol abuse, often it's young people who are brought up in care when they should be in loving homes.
What appears to be a rather 'liberal' approch is just traditional conservative policies wrapped in a better public image. Support for the nuclear family and anti-drugs are what he is suggesting. there is nothing about kids having nothing to do, let alone the economics of the situation where living in poverty and being surrounded by decaying societies can have an incredibly strong demoralising effect on people.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 21:42   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hug A Hoodie

I'd support shoot a hoodie.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 22:51   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

So if every kid used heroin, would things improve?
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 23:21   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went out tonight with the sole aim of finding "hoodies" and hugging them.

My venue was a petrol station, well frequented by "hoodies" to try to buy either alcohol to drink or glue to sniff. I wasn't left waiting long. Within 5 minutes a gang of them (I say a gang - it was a trio) came trooping in.

I observed them for 5 minutes or so from afar. I wanted to make sure I chose the correct one to receive the hugging. Of course ALL "hoodies" should be susceptible to the hug, but I was a beginner and didn't want to do it wrong.

I spied the best one eventually. He was slightly shorter than the others, and seemed to have some sort of bizarre limp (probably beaten by his father in his broken home). I went up to him, arms outstretched, a big grin on my face.

"What the fuk you doin mate" I was greeted with.

But I wouldn't be stopped! Chasing the youth down over 2-3 metres as he tried to edge away from me, I embraced him solidly for at least 10 seconds.

As I pulled away, smiling at him eagerly, hoping some sort of magical transformation would occur, he pulled his hood back!

"Praise be!" I thought.

"He is converted!" I thought.

"David Cameron was right!" I thought.

Then he came right up to me and headbutted me in the face, breaking my nose.

Last edited by Tomkat; 10 Jul 2006 at 23:45.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 23:43   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Then he came right up to me and nutted me in the face, breaking my nose.
A plea for help in a hostile world.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 23:48   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

with or without garotte wire?
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 07:13   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So if every kid used heroin, would things improve?
No-one is suggesting this so please don't be stupid.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 07:43   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any policy aimed at stopping the absurd demonification of children and the ensuing counterproductive criminalisation must be a good policy.

We should question the efficacy and whether there are other things we should be doing at the same time but not the principle itself.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 10:00   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In Ireland we're currently trying to decide whether or not we can put an 11 year old kid on trial for stealing sweets from a shop.

Seriously.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 10:14   #10
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

It´s all going to hell I tell you. Societies like ours are based on the good in man, but man IS NOT GOOD anymore. So the alternative would be a society based on the EVIL in man.

I sometimes am afraid the only thing that will help us is a good world war...

edit: I just read you are making a good start by sending 870 troops more to Afghanistan. Sadly those are now expensive, highly trained people. My suggestion is, get conscription back in, sell the Taliban some nice high-tech assault rifles and send the hoodies in with old lee-enfields in groups of 650/700.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 11:48   #11
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
It´s all going to hell I tell you. Societies like ours are based on the good in man, but man IS NOT GOOD anymore. So the alternative would be a society based on the EVIL in man.
The sooner David Cameron creates the Thought Police the better, am i rite?
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 12:58   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

I´d prefer not but that is the paradox we have to live with.
Even though I am all about pacifism I acknowledge the fact that we need guns here and there. Society will protect itself sooner or later, for better or for worse, friendly or not.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 13:53   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Our society, as in western society, is based on the independence and interdependence of man. Your "anymore" comment is rather strange as well. It's not exactly like we've emerged from some glorious natural stage of "the good" here.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 13:58   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hug A Hoodie

The only policy I would support would be **** a hoodie.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:03   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
The only policy I would support would be **** a hoodie.
Common sense prevails
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:09   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hug A Hoodie

We shall breed them out. Well, not me obviously, but those of a hetrosexual bent.

Primae Noctis and all that.

It's certainly a policy Stephen would support, since he has a 'thing' for chavs you see.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:11   #17
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK
The sooner David Cameron creates the Thought Police the better, am i rite?
Quote:
I´d prefer not but that is the paradox we have to live with.
When coupled with your earlier statement on the decline in the goodness of man it seems you are suggesting that we require enforced morality to prevent our fall from Grace. This, and I almost dare not say it, is worse than the many biblical arguments I have seen Travler put forward. Humanity is certainly flawed but we have put massive energy and effort into building social constructs and institutions of huge complexity in an attempt to better ourselves as a whole.

This is an evolving process and it may yet fail, and with it our society, but if anything is 'evil' here it is the belief that human life should be controlled and moderated at such a personal level.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 17:54   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Our society, as in western society, is based on the independence and interdependence of man. Your "anymore" comment is rather strange as well. It's not exactly like we've emerged from some glorious natural stage of "the good" here.
Well I may be an old fart but I remember a time where you could leave your bike unlocked, and car doors were left open. There used to be a lot more respect for property, graffity was virtually non-existant and politicians were actually listened to and would go if they made a mistake intead of spinning up someone elses errors so they actually look good. People knew their neighbours and looked after their kids etcetera.

Okay this was when the police still rode pigs, but this aside...

Right after world war 2 the sentiment was a lot more one of conformity. THAT is the state of good I referred to, not some biblical angel like status for all mankind.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 18:12   #19
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Please forgive my ignorance, what is a hoodie? A junkie? A thief? Someone who loiters?
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 18:25   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well I may be an old fart but I remember a time where you could leave your bike unlocked, and car doors were left open. There used to be a lot more respect for property, graffity was virtually non-existant and politicians were actually listened to and would go if they made a mistake intead of spinning up someone elses errors so they actually look good. People knew their neighbours and looked after their kids etcetera.

Okay this was when the police still rode pigs, but this aside...

Right after world war 2 the sentiment was a lot more one of conformity. THAT is the state of good I referred to, not some biblical angel like status for all mankind.
So lies the price of progress. Many of the above still do happen though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Please forgive my ignorance, what is a hoodie? A junkie? A thief? Someone who loiters?
A hoodie is a jumper with a hood attached. An article of clothing frequently worn by junkies, thieves, people who loiter, people out in the rain or cold, teenagers in general, people dressing down...
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 18:46   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The daily mail cartoon today had hoodies hiding inside and peering out of the curtains, scared of all these tories running round trying to hug them outside. I'd pay to see that irl!
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 19:27   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In Ireland we're currently trying to decide whether or not we can put an 11 year old kid on trial for stealing sweets from a shop.

Seriously.
We do
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 20:02   #23
Tomkat

Quote:
A hoodie is a jumper with a hood attached. An article of clothing frequently worn by junkies, thieves, people who loiter, people out in the rain or cold, teenagers in general, people dressing down...
You forgot Jedi Knights.

They're the worst kind of hoodies!
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 21:09   #24
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
The daily mail cartoon today had hoodies hiding inside and peering out of the curtains, scared of all these tories running round trying to hug them outside. I'd pay to see that irl!
The guardian yesterday had both 'hoodies' (coffee: young people wearing hooded-tops) and pensioners looking frightened of cameron, himself in a hoodie (the item of clothing) with arms in a 'gangsta'-type pose.

It seems to be yet another proposal that in summary seems reasonable enough- stating that youngsters hanging around on street corners is a symptom rather than the problem is (while fairly obvious I would hope) verging on revolutionary thinking, coming from a politician- but the outlines of possible solutions fall well short.
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 21:54   #25
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
You forgot Jedi Knights.

They're the worst kind of hoodies!
"You do not want to hug me just because I have a hoodie on"
"I do not want to hug you just because you have a hoodie on"
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 22:21   #26
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

So they would like you to hug everyone wearing a hooded sweatshirt? I have a few hooded sweatshirts. I fully condone really hot people of the opposite sex to give me hugs. Though I would prefer sex. No big sweaty people allowed though.

I knew before this thread that a "hoodie" was a hooded sweatshirt here in Canada. I was looking for some sort of British slang for a "hood rat" or something. For those not familiar with a hood rat: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hood+rat
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 22:39   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Hoodie" always struck me as a really stupid term since a good proportion of people who wear "hoodies" are middle class rock fans. In fact, when I was a teenager I'm sure the majority of hoodies were worn by grungers, etc.

Now the term seems to exclusively (or mainly) apply to groups of kids who wear hooded tops allegedly in order to cover their faces. It's become a sign of anti-social behaviour and banned in various shopping centres ("malls") in the UK. Presumably it's supposed to apply mainly to black or working class kids. I'm not sure if the bans have done any good, the local shopping centre to me banned them but it hasn't seemed to herald any marked improvement in the atmosphere there.

Although random bigotry is always annoying, it would be nice if hooded tops weren't worn anymore if only because they're a bit shit.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 23:24   #28
coffee-
Beoyotch

I expect every kid in Canada owns a hooded sweat shirt. They are warm. Function > form.
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 00:13   #29
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
I expect every kid in Canada owns a hooded sweat shirt. They are warm. Function > form.
They're only warm because they're all hugging each other all the time like a bunch of gays.

Only gays hug am i rite?!
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 00:42   #30
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Bla bla... Then he came right up to me and headbutted me in the face, breaking my nose.
Sue her.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 00:47   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hug a hoodie is a ****ing stupid policy, i would support something to bring childron 'back into the fold' of polite society, but without some form of respect this simply isnt going to happen, and in our society i dont think that that is going to happen any time soon
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 02:14   #32
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I surf alot. I and everyone i see surfing wears hoodies. It's comfortable, warm clothing and little more (bit of a fashion thing as well but no trackie b's or lacoste trainers etc).

It wasn't until recently that i noticed we were getting grouped in with all the local hoodlums.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 04:01   #33
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The people responsible for creating/maintaining a society that breeds antisocial behaviour will never find a cure for it either. Respect is one of the keys, but not respect from the youngsters, respect to the youngsters.

Now, I dont belive a word of what this man is saying, afaik they are for strong prison sentences, armed police, more surveilance, more capitalism and so on. Alas, this will only bring out more hate, frustration and antisocial behaviour.

Xtrasyn, look for the reason to find the cure, not the effect.
That people dont have respect for "private" property is a good sign, in my eyes. The property most rich and middleclass people have is theirs beacause exploitation. That people see this (even if they dont know it, just act on it) and take back what should be the common property (even if they do it for what is called private gains) is good.

Graffiti is not antisocial behaviour. I would dare you to find groups of young people that know and love their cities, subway systems, and art then graffiti artists. Even if you see what they do as destruction, they (and many others) do not.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 10:01   #34
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
It seems to be yet another proposal that in summary seems reasonable enough- stating that youngsters hanging around on street corners is a symptom rather than the problem is (while fairly obvious I would hope) verging on revolutionary thinking, coming from a politician- but the outlines of possible solutions fall well short.
I don't really think that this is what he is doing. the reasons he gives for the 'breakdown of society' are the same tory policies that have been around forever. Whilst he might be using a different type of phrasing there really is no fundamental change.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 11:11   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
The people responsible for creating/maintaining a society that breeds antisocial behaviour will never find a cure for it either. Respect is one of the keys, but not respect from the youngsters, respect to the youngsters.

how can you respect someone who respects nothing themselves?