User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:36   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
A brief review of movies I have seen lately

I have rented a few movies lately and seen some in the cinema and I must say movie quality is good atm. I will now review them.

1) Syriana

A must see. It really made me think about a lot of stuff I had not really thought about before. An eyeopener par excellence.
I don´t know if the acting was really impressive but it was clearly a story some people felt the need to tell - and as such scores a good 8 out of 10 for me.

2) Munich

Well, what to say. It is again one of those ´I need to talk about Jews´-flicks from mistar Spielberg. It was too long, yet this is a problem in all his movies - he needs the time to put down the characters, yet the storyline does not really permit it. Too arty-farty, yet good acting and camerawork and therefore a measily 6 out of 10.

3) V for Vendetta

The Wachowskys deliver. Nuff said. A rollercoaster ride like the Matrix, good emphasis on the storyline, and brilliant directing - how else would you react good on an actor wearing a mask for the duration of the movie. Though shallow and fast a good 8 out of 10 for me, pure amusement.

4) Seven Swords

I know many people really are apalled by people seemingly flying around and obvious wire-pulling whilst doing it, but apart from that it it hard to assess acting if it is done in a language you cannot make heads or tails from. It was entertaining and I did not feel ripped off, but I am unsure how to rate this movie. I think I will give it a 7 out of 10.

5) Lord of War

Brilliant. I love movies that give you a look on things you would never see otherwise. Mister Cage again has a part that is written on him and fits him like a glove. The soundtrack is awesome, and the movie message stayed with me for days afterwards, and therefore, even though the directing was nothing special, I must give it a 9 out of 10. Maybe strange that I rated it higher than Syriana, but that is all due to Clooney and what´s-his-face (who also did Bourne Identity).

6) BloodRayne

An appallingly shit movie. You should wash your hands thoroughly if you touched the box alone. I could not take anymore after 20 minutes and had to pass on the rest. A 2 out of 10, and that is only because the large name actors were trying really hard to make it work.

7) Underworld: Evolution

Clearly made with a bigger budget than the prequel, it kind of delivers - nothing lasting however. Good entertainment, and a very good movie for a sequel. Better effects than part one and a few good new characters, and I hope they don´t burn themselves with a third one. A 6 out of 10.

Thank you.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:43   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A brief review of movies I have seen lately

Lord of War was ok, but I felt it's message was a bit confused - it's hard to work out what it was actually trying to say (or if it was really saying anything at all, rather than just throwing a lot of emotions at the viewer). I think films like that are quite dangerous, based on the 'a little knowledge is a bad thing' principle. How many people who watch the film are going to bother going away and researching what was actually involved in (eg) the countries which the US armed, or the history of the specific African nations mentioned, and so on? And how many are just going to walk away with a vague anti-America feeling as a result of seeing some very carefully selected semi-historical events which are presented in a highly emotionalist manner? If you want history and politics then you should read/watch a book/documentary that actually deals with these issues in a non-superficial way - Hollywood films that blur fragments of knowledge with entertainment are essentially just manipulation pieces.

Similar criticisms obviously apply to the Da Vinci Code, and other related works.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:53   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
How many people who watch the film are going to bother going away and researching what was actually involved in (eg) the countries which the US armed, or the history of the specific African nations mentioned, and so on?
I went to see that film with a few of my friends who would never really read anything political or historical but after watching that movie actually did go and research a little bit about african wars during the 80s and 90s and the international arms trade.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:54   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Oh but I deliberately did not review the davinci code as the scale I used does not allow for movies this shit to be rated at all.

I did not feel the need to research anything after seeing lord of war - in my perception the anti-american message of the film was not an issue. For me the great message of the movie was more or less:
´There are way better assignments for me you know, I could also be keeping track of nuclear arsenals. But the nuclear weapons all sit in their silos and do not move - the real and one and only weapon of mass destruction is your AK-47.´

That was the key message for me and the movie did a great job in telling us just that.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:55   #5
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw Pirates of the Carribean

I must say it is a great film. Throughout I was entertained. It lasts for 2 hours 30 minutes. Which is long for a film, especially one aimed at children. However children seemed to love it and me and my friends enjoyed it. It has jokes for the adults and children and is definatly worth seeing. The plot isnt hard to guess but thats not a problem. The only disappointing part of the film was the subdued ending. Nothing much really happened apart from basically saying there will be a third.

Johnny Depp was outstanding again. He is one of the best actors around of his generation and many others.

Keira Knightley was pretty, Orlando Bloom did his job. The rest of the supporting cast was rather solid.

If you want to watch something this weekend, definatly go watch it, you wont regret it.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:58   #6
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
The only disappointing part of the film was the subdued ending. Nothing much really happened apart from basically saying there will be a third.
Well we already knew that because Depp was contracted for part two and three in the same piece of paper, wich was no big secret.
But thanks for your review and I will go and see it.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 16:01   #7
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Well we already knew that because Depp was contracted for part two and three in the same piece of paper, wich was no big secret.
But thanks for your review and I will go and see it.
I didnt know

But yes, do go and see it. A bit different to a lot of the films ive seen in the past few months, a lot more upbeat and know political message hidden behind them.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 16:06   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
´There are way better assignments for me you know, I could also be keeping track of nuclear arsenals. But the nuclear weapons all sit in their silos and do not move - the real and one and only weapon of mass destruction is your AK-47.´

That was the key message for me and the movie did a great job in telling us just that.
Well I'd argue that even that message was presented in a rather unfair way - I mean this is pretty much the same argument thats used to support smaller scale gun-control legislation. Consider the scene near the end where the refugee camp is about to be massacred, but instead imagine that most of the people in the camp also had AK-47s, or other firearms. Would the massacre still have occurred? Probably not - the victims would now have a means to defend themselves. So the problem isnt just the availability of guns as such - it's as much to do with the inequal distribution in who posseses guns. And again, this parallels real world arguments about whether (eg) allowing schoolteachers to carry firearms might be a better way of preventing dunblane/columbine type killings than an outright handgun ban which results in only criminals having guns and the potential victims being unarmed. Like the arms-dealing, the issues here are far more complex than the film suggests, and it only gives an emotionally charged version of one side of the argument.

I admit that I'm more likely to judge LoW harshly since its pet ideological positions are generally opposed to mine. There are other films which also treat complex issues in a fairly one-sided manner that I'm going to be more sympathetic towards since I broadly agree with the underlying premises (Batman Begins for example, which was pretty awesome despite all the dull action sequences, while also being one of the most principled films I'd seen for ages).

Last edited by Nodrog; 8 Jul 2006 at 16:14.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 16:13   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

I catch your drift and appreciate it but I would not want to review the work of the UN nor the refugee status of murderers - I was reviewing a movie that for me delivered way beyond expectation.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 16:41   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

xtrasyn, I think you give big production studio-made movies too much credit. Syriana was interesting, but it's all make belief hearsay and conspiracy theories (SPOILER in the movie the US government is willing to not allow oil-rich middle eastern countries to realize democratic ideals and reform because US politicians are in the hands of US oil executives - they killed a (saudi?) political rival who wanted to do the best for his country and also sell oil to the Chinese because they were the highest bidder - ). It's just far leftist/anti-american hogwash, that above all else is nothing more than unsubstantiated accusations.

These movies all have too much glitz and glamor, all exemplified by Steven Spielberg visual sheen that he infuses into celluloid, you know that shinyness that becomes apparent in the reflection of a 1960's vehicle steel bumper. It's like too much makeup, too much post-recording sound fidgeting, too formulaic, too much of a product.

On a side note, I'm starting to find user-created content, such as ytmnd's and youtube, far more entertaining, far more down to earth and funny, clever, stimulating, than the cookie cutter turds rolling out on DVD at a store near you. Plus, it's not affiliated with a bunch of retarded greed mongering idiots in $5,000 suits.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 16:59   #11
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

I only review what I saw - and (please don´t take offence) I find your love for utube and your despise of hollywood far more leftist than Syriana.

I love hollywood. I love good movies. I even love bad movies! And the majority of people will still pickup a DVD for their saturday night entertainment than log in to utube.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 17:24   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Lord of War was ok, but I felt it's message was a bit confused - it's hard to work out what it was actually trying to say (or if it was really saying anything at all, rather than just throwing a lot of emotions at the viewer).
I don't think it was trying to say anything. I also don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for movies to take a more explicit ideological position and advocate x or y political position that I agree with, but I think there is room for movies which just tell a rough story without really coming down one way or another.

The only political point's that the film did make were obvious truisms : that there a lot of fairly unprincipled people making large amounts of cash out of the arms trade, or that governments sometimes allow fairly rotten people to get away with things if it suits political ends, that sometimes real-politik get's in the way of justice, that Africa is utterly ****ed up and often ruled by lunatics, etc. None of these strike me as particularly political points.
Quote:
I admit that I'm more likely to judge LoW harshly since its pet ideological positions are generally opposed to mine.
What ideological positions? It didn't strike me as any more ideological than something like Goodfellas (which it reminded me qutie heavily of in parts).
Quote:
Batman Begins for example, which was pretty awesome
I found Batman Begins to be fairly dreadful. The bit where he refused to kill the guy responsible for his father's death (? - I can't really remember) because that would make him as bad made me want to be sick alone.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 17:34   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I watched Serenity today. Old I know, but I didn't want to watch it before watching all the Firefly episodes. A good decision I think, because one of the main draws of the film was watching the characters you already know from the series, there was little to no character development in the film itself.

Anybody know if there's going to be a sequel? Apparently it grossed $39million worldwide which isn't so great
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 18:20   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I found Batman Begins to be fairly dreadful. The bit where he refused to kill the guy responsible for his father's death (? - I can't really remember) because that would make him as bad made me want to be sick alone.
Er, he was going to shoot the guy who killed his father but someone else got there first?
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 18:25   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Er, he was going to shoot the guy who killed his father but someone else got there first?
Really? It's been a while, I'm talking about the bit in the restaurant I can't actually remember who it was supposed to be.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 18:27   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Really? It's been a while, I'm talking about the bit in the restaurant I can't actually remember who it was supposed to be.
Well by the end of the movie he's pretty much killing everyone so I dunno.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 19:03   #17
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I seriously think they overdid it a little in Batman. For one, I didn't think Liam Neeson really fit into the Oriental Martial Arts/Secret Society character. I also noticed that Michael Caine who did a good job as Alfred and Gary Oldman who did Gordon and played a good job didn't age at all over the apparent 20-30 years from when his parents die until when he becomes Batman.

Is it me or did anyone else think that X3 just wasn't as good as the other two?
jt25man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 19:22   #18
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I seriously think they overdid it a little in Batman. For one, I didn't think Liam Neeson really fit into the Oriental Martial Arts/Secret Society character. I also noticed that Michael Caine who did a good job as Alfred and Gary Oldman who did Gordon and played a good job didn't age at all over the apparent 20-30 years from when his parents die until when he becomes Batman.

Liam Neeson did a fine job in Batman Begins. I thought some parts of X3 were really great (like the last scene with Xavier and Phoenix), but I've never found the Hollywood X men impressive enough. The films always have this 'filmed in Canada on a cheap television like budget' feel to them in a lot of scenes (like at the house were Wolverine was shot in the second movie, or the forest in X3).
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 19:33   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It's just far leftist/anti-american hogwash, that above all else is nothing more than unsubstantiated accusations.
I've not seen Syriana yet but as far as I know it's not supposed to be a documentary so it's not like they are making specific allegations about real life events. Having said that, your summary hardly sounds particularly far fetched (again, not as a retelling of real events but a general picture of what the U.S. government is capable or willing to do to protect what they perceive as their strategic interests).

Obviously I'm not going to defend the movie in general, but I find it amusing that you think something like this (again, going by your summary) is "far leftist" or "anti-American".
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 19:44   #20
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Liam Neeson did a fine job in Batman Begins.
He did a fine job, I just think the character was a little over the top, even for a Batman movie.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 19:57   #21
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
He did a fine job, I just think the character was a little over the top, even for a Batman movie.
More over the top than prosthetic nipples?
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 19:59   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Michael Caine ... didn't age at all over the apparent 20-30 years from when his parents die until when he becomes Batman.
he hasn't aged in about eighty years. why start now?

Quote:
no, it was shite.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 20:01   #23
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
I've not seen Syriana yet but as far as I know it's not supposed to be a documentary so it's not like they are making specific allegations about real life events. Having said that, your summary hardly sounds particularly far fetched (again, not as a retelling of real events but a general picture of what the U.S. government is capable or willing to do to protect what they perceive as their strategic interests).

Obviously I'm not going to defend the movie in general, but I find it amusing that you think something like this (again, going by your summary) is "far leftist" or "anti-American".
Yeah it's pushing an agenda, and it is very direct, and then you have people who say that the movie 'opened their eyes' but it is just fiction. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think that the federal government is in the hands of oil men, our politicans are far too upstanding, freedom loving, people who eschew wealth for the greater good of mankind, not just Americans amirite. I like the movie, and I appreciate the story, but my criticsm is that people should approach it carefully, and that was my message to xtrasyn.
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 21:38   #24
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i saw Cidade De Deus (City of God) last night, and it was fairly excellent. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0317248/usercomments for more detailed opinion on it.) also saw a bbc documentary feature called The War Game which was about the effect of a possible nuclear war during the cold war, it was made in the 60's - and got subsquently banned after government intervention, whilst very grim, i found it a good watch.

some time ago i watched a movie called Requiem for a Dream, which at first watch i thought was mindblowing, the effect rapidly decreased on second and third watch but neverthelethe constant draining & desolute nature of the film still serves to make it a very strong film and i'd recommend it to anyone, though i'm not sure i'd say it's "enjoyable" - but it sure as hell is something, it's hard to describe. infact, i was more or less speechless after the first viewing.

i'm probably watching blue velvet and all about lily chou chou soon too.

edit: nod, i still think you give far too much credit to batman begins, i'm really not sure how anyone can forgive that retarded villain. am i alone in that? i really can never forgive films with a bad second half or endings, or with some ridiculous concept fitted in, etc.

Last edited by jerome; 8 Jul 2006 at 22:23.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 01:12   #25
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think that the federal government is in the hands of oil men, our politicans are far too upstanding, freedom loving, people who eschew wealth for the greater good of mankind, not just Americans amirite.
uhh yeah guess so... errr... (Clearly I´m not gonna touch that with a 60 foot pole this time) but I think you have reality mixed up with fiction dude. We are talking movies, and I like anything that gives me another angle to think about things, farfetched or real or not.

Try it sometimes. Free your mind and your ass will follow. That was said by an American!
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 01:31   #26
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Lord of War was ok, but I felt it's message was a bit confused - it's hard to work out what it was actually trying to say (or if it was really saying anything at all, rather than just throwing a lot of emotions at the viewer). I think films like that are quite dangerous, based on the 'a little knowledge is a bad thing' principle. How many people who watch the film are going to bother going away and researching what was actually involved in (eg) the countries which the US armed, or the history of the specific African nations mentioned, and so on? And how many are just going to walk away with a vague anti-America feeling as a result of seeing some very carefully selected semi-historical events which are presented in a highly emotionalist manner? If you want history and politics then you should read/watch a book/documentary that actually deals with these issues in a non-superficial way - Hollywood films that blur fragments of knowledge with entertainment are essentially just manipulation pieces.

Similar criticisms obviously apply to the Da Vinci Code, and other related works.
All I know is I walked away from Lord of War thinking "I've got to go to Russia and get me some tanks!"
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 01:55   #27
Linoge
Andre LiNoGe

Linoge will become famous soon enoughLinoge will become famous soon enough

i watched that Ultra Violet and its average. the only decent film i have seen for ages has gotta be over the hedge yes im a lil kid inside

R4 EL
R5 Elysium
R6 TX
R7 vVv
R13 VGN
R14 Reunion
R15 LCH
R16 Subh
R17 Angels
R18 NewDawn DC
R19 NewDawn DC
Linoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 02:27   #28
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pirates of the Carribean II is so bad that I do not even see how it can be called a film.

Literally nothing happens. There are a few completely random action sequences and jonny depp minces around. THAT'S IT.

There is no character development. No plot. It ends as abruptly as a low budget flick that ran out of cash. The effects are sub par for 1992. Bill Nighy embarasses himself with an accent of shifting geographical persuasion. Keira Knightly proves the saying "You can take the girl out of sloane square but you can't take sloane square out of the girl". She and orlando Bloom would be second raters in am-dram.

It is nice to see jonny depp actually act but when he is the only person doing so and when you see so little of him in disjointed clips it really is not worth watching.

I was horrendously disapointing after having eaten my hat over how much I loved the first one. Disney sequals clearly suck arse.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 02:33   #29
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I watched Serenity today. Old I know, but I didn't want to watch it before watching all the Firefly episodes. A good decision I think, because one of the main draws of the film was watching the characters you already know from the series, there was little to no character development in the film itself.

Anybody know if there's going to be a sequel? Apparently it grossed $39million worldwide which isn't so great
Sadly no, there won't, unless the dvd sales are high enough on firefly mostly I think, I know (/hear) the creator is gagging to make more, it's just a question of finding somewhere to pay him.

Did you not feel that what they did in the film to the doctor, they gave him balls where he never had them before, he would never have had the go ran balls to stand up to mal in the series, was almost a little unjustified.

Long story short, if you want a second series or a true ending, go and buy the firefly dvd box set, it's not too pricey.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 02:33   #30
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Pirates of the Carribean II is so bad that I do not even see how it can be called a film.

Literally nothing happens. There are a few completely random action sequences and jonny depp minces around. THAT'S IT.

There is no character development. No plot. It ends as abruptly as a low budget flick that ran out of cash. The effects are sub par for 1992. Bill Nighy embarasses himself with an accent of shifting geographical persuasion. Keira Knightly proves the saying "You can take the girl out of sloane square but you can't take sloane square out of the girl". She and orlando Bloom would be second raters in am-dram.

It is nice to see jonny depp actually act but when he is the only person doing so and when you see so little of him in disjointed clips it really is not worth watching.

I was horrendously disapointing after having eaten my hat over how much I loved the first one. Disney sequals clearly suck arse.
You see you have to remeber what kind of film it is.

Its a disney film, its aimed at kids.

Pirates of the carribean could potentially be a great adult film. I believe as I said earliet it serves its purpose, it provides entertainment.

I left the cinema in a good mood. It made me laugh and smile.

Johnny depp as you said is excellent in it. I think I said keira knightley and orlando bloom were poor but the film on the whole was enjoyable and for 2 and half hours it felt as though I got my moneys worth.

While I believe it is certainly not an intellectual film, it serves its purpose in being a film that suits children as well as adults.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 02:36   #31
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
All I know is I walked away from Lord of War thinking "I've got to go to Russia and get me some tanks!"
I walked away thinking "I wish that number at the beginning of the DVD really was for an AK with a lifetimes supply of bullets".
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 02:42   #32
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Did you not feel that what they did in the film to the doctor, they gave him balls where he never had them before, he would never have had the go ran balls to stand up to mal in the series, was almost a little unjustified.
He's always been very protective of his sister though. I think that if the captain had got her in trrouble in the series like he did in the film then the doctor still would have planted him one right in the smacker.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 02:51   #33
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

maybe, but also if you look at him busting her out in the film, which is supposed to be before the series, he shows himself as absolutely awesome, then in the series he is totally incapable of violence.

Also there has been something made by whedon that links between the series The R. Tam sessions about river, I'm attempting to find them now .

edit: i'm not sure how complete this is, but it's at least some of it. In black and white and a bit of a poor youtube stream, but still, it serves the purpose

Last edited by vampire_lestat; 9 Jul 2006 at 02:56.
vampire_lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 03:27   #34
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
You see you have to remeber what kind of film it is.

Its a disney film, its aimed at kids.

Pirates of the carribean could potentially be a great adult film. I believe as I said earliet it serves its purpose, it provides entertainment.

I left the cinema in a good mood. It made me laugh and smile.

Johnny depp as you said is excellent in it. I think I said keira knightley and orlando bloom were poor but the film on the whole was enjoyable and for 2 and half hours it felt as though I got my moneys worth.

While I believe it is certainly not an intellectual film, it serves its purpose in being a film that suits children as well as adults.
my initial reaction is just "noooo no no no no"

I remember being a child the ending would have driven me mad with rage.

NOTHING HAPPENED.

How is that entertainment?

Jonny Depp's acting is satisfying more for academics than film goers. It isn't even obviously a film.

If you mean that it entertained you because you had two odd hours of moving images then please just look out of a window.

But please god do not patronise children. Finding Nemo is ****ing great if you are a kid. The Incredibles as well. Hell even harry potter at a push. This was utter utter shite.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 03:30   #35
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I still disagree, as I said earlier the ending dissapointed however the film was enjoyable.

The problem is at the moment only you and I have watched it. What we need are more people to watch it and make a decision.

Once again though, its mereley an opinion, we are all entitled to one.

Except we will all argue for 2 days and finally agree my opinion is correct ;p
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 03:40   #36
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
maybe, but also if you look at him busting her out in the film, which is supposed to be before the series, he shows himself as absolutely awesome, then in the series he is totally incapable of violence.
Yeah well, having him as a James Bondesque figure for those particular scenes translates a lot easier onto the big screen than having him as some sort of overly polite upper class bumbling baffoon. Plus he wasn't particularly violent in those scenes, all he did was set off some sort of concussion grenade.

Personally I was more pissed off about what they did to the shepherd. He hardly got any screen time at all and the screen time he did get was barely worthwhile.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 04:03   #37
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Personally I was more pissed off about what they did to the shepherd. He hardly got any screen time at all and the screen time he did get was barely worthwhile.
I agree, we never got to find out what his secret past was. And what they did to Wash just wasn't on either
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 08:29   #38
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree, we never got to find out what his secret past was. And what they did to Wash just wasn't on either

yeah, that was pretty mean
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 12:44   #39
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Yeah, the shepherd's past was one of the more intriguing potential storylines in the series. Having it as the subject of the second movie would have been great, especially since they've pretty much exhausted the River angle. I suppose they could still look into his past but it becomes a lot less meaningful now that he's no longer around.

EDIT: I wasn't too bothered about Wash though. He was a good character but he didn't have nearly as much potential as the shepherd did. Wash can be replaced easily enough.

Last edited by ChubbyChecker; 9 Jul 2006 at 12:58.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 12:48   #40
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

re: pirates of the caribbean.

there was, yes, some very hammy acting - orlando bloom in particular. and they don't seem to have grasped that in a two-part film/program/whatever, the plot should be in a place where every character knows what they're going to do next, and I didn't get that feeling.

On the other hand, the fight scene in the waterwheel was superb (in fact, the whole island scene was excellent and reminded me of the end of animal house), depp was impossibly good, the visual effects were excellent, nighy was (denaturalised scots accent aside) pretty good in the role, and the direction throughout the film was generally of a very high standard.

it was an enjoyable bit of filmy thing, but it desperately needs the second part to come out soon.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 12:55   #41
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: A brief review of movies I have seen lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
there was, yes, some very hammy acting - orlando bloom in particular.
He is the bastard son of Keanu Reeves.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 12:58   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

The third one finishes production at the end of the summer and is due out early 2007 I think. I really enjoyed the movie to be honest. The jokes are so horrendous some times but johnny depp just makes them work. There's something about the impossibly camp pirate niche that he's found that just works superbly well. That said the funniest bit of the film was when orlando bloom gets off the ship and clings onto that piece of driftwood and my friend leaned over and said "they'll have to get rid of that plank soon, he's really obscuring my view of the driftwood".
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 13:03   #43
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

"Rum. Why is the rum always gone?"
[stands up, staggers to the right]
"Ah. That's why."
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 13:14   #44
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

V for vendetta got kicked in the balls by its own advertising and marketing. They try to say its action this and action that. Then all the i luff the terminator retards go and see the movie, and say it sucks. Well the greatest part of the movie is the awsome story line. Immensely good.
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 13:55   #45
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
some time ago i watched a movie called Requiem for a Dream, which at first watch i thought was mindblowing, the effect rapidly decreased on second and third watch but neverthelethe constant draining & desolute nature of the film still serves to make it a very strong film and i'd recommend it to anyone, though i'm not sure i'd say it's "enjoyable" - but it sure as hell is something, it's hard to describe. infact, i was more or less speechless after the first viewing.

I watched it over two years ago and I still remember it extremely well. It was a great, but perhaps one shouldn't watch it if you have weak stomach. Some of the scenes are outright scary, though they could very well be taken out of reality. Personally, I found the the old lady charachter disgusting after a while, even though it wasn't really her fault.

A very strong film that I'd recommend to anyone who wants to see a film that's more than just entertainment.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote