User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:11   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Anyone here own or knows someone who owns a rolex?

And I'm talking real deal, not lookie lookie or from the internet.

What I'm interested in is if they run on time. An if not how much they vary.

I nicked one from my dad (not really, he gave it to me saying that he could not bear wearing it anymore) and in a day it goes four to five minutes fast. I'm not aware how much the pricetag was on this one (it has daytona on it- and oyster perpetual but they all do, that is all I know) but it seems ****ing rediculous that an expensive watch like this performs so shit.

SO I went to the jeweller to have it fixed and he said he could not do it and that all rolexes have issues with that.

Clearly I literally don't believe it and now I'm writing this thread as part of my investigation on this. Help me GD.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:15   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Anyone here own or knows someone who owns a rolex?

I once bought a rolex for $50 in Seol. It stopped working within six months. My fellow marines called it a 'jokelex.' :/
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:28   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I borrowed a rolex for a while once, and it was a bit of. However, it was like five minutes per week or something, so it was no big deal.

I would not buy one. I hear that they get destroyed easily.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:32   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The one dad has keeps time fine.

The jeweller cant know what hes talking about. If your worried contact Rolex directly and ask to speak to someone about it. Id imagine they will ask you to send it in to be looked at.

Obviously if its a fake you will never see it again but if it isnt then they should just repair it.

edit : or sell it and get this : http://geizhals.at/img/pix/90037.jpg (one day ill sell my kidney and buy that)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:38   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Hmm i'll inquire on the costs of that. I mean, five a day is a bit much. I've heard about the five minutes a week thing but I'd be okay with that. Still, for that money I would not settle for anything more than a seiko, or casio or what have you runs off.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:40   #6
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
or sell it and get this : http://geizhals.at/img/pix/90037.jpg (one day ill sell my kidney and buy that)
I would not give a kidney for that but I've seen Omegas and Breitlings that I like better. I have an omega myself (got it for my 18th) but I was so stupid that I tried to put the lid on myself using excessive force.

:'(
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:45   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Breitling b-1 for the win.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:49   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I knew that both JammyJim and Theamion would have posted in this thread within the first 10 replise.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:52   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i came online just after it was posted you buffoon

it was top of the thread list.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 17:55   #10
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

I'm not into busy watches really. I like simple, thin watches, like van cleef & arpels, or baume & mercier.

I guess double names turn me on :/
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 18:04   #11
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
I nicked one from my dad (not really, he gave it to me saying that he could not bear wearing it anymore) and in a day it goes four to five minutes fast. I'm not aware how much the pricetag was on this one
Probably £5 from Spain.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 18:04   #12
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

My brother has one and it works fine, he is a complete tramp but scrimped and saved for this watch.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 18:08   #13
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
he gave it to me saying that he could not bear wearing it anymore
Probably got sick of the rash.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 18:30   #14
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

No, I don't think my dad is anything like that. At all.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 18:37   #15
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

audemars piguet, piaget, patek phillippe

oh yummy yummy
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 19:54   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I knew that both JammyJim and Theamion would have posted in this thread within the first 10 replise.

I certainly guessed JJ.
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 19:57   #17
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Fossil one and it is very nice and very cheap
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 20:32   #18
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

xtrasyn, as somewhat of a watch entuisiast myself, I am guessing that your Rolex has an automatic movement.

It is well known that auto-windup watches lose around 5 minutes of time per day. Much more accurate are the manual wind watches which lost about 50 seconds a week on average.

It's something you have to live with I'm afraid, but I am not a Rolex owener, and would have expected their movements to be far more accurate than the norm.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 18:23   #19
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Somehow it seems to depend on me wearing it or not so you could very well be right. I did not wear it at all today and it was nearly ten minutes off when I came home from work.

PS called dad, asked, was the weight of it. Has a point.
Unread 28 Oct 2005, 22:54   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rich bastards.

Don't deny it.

If Zhukov has a Rolex, I'll faint.
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 08:31   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I don't have a Rolex, but my grandfather has 2. His "cheap" everyday one, and his posh really nice one.
I just have one of the Storm watches - it was my 18th present. It's not bad :-)
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 11:13   #22
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Guys, guys
It's just a watch.
It probably won't, although I'm not sure, increase the sizes of your respective penises.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 13:56   #23
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Guys, guys
It's just a watch.
It probably won't, although I'm not sure, increase the sizes of your respective penises.
You'll be suprised at what might happen when you wear a 0.3 kg tantalum watch on your bell end.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 14:43   #24
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

And you may be surprised what happens to the bell end of some people when they wear a .3 kg tantalum watch.

(me not being one of them )
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 15:08   #25
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

I had a watch, a while back, I wore it while canoeing and found out it wasn't waterproof (and neither was the canoe I should add, took 2 of us to get it out of the water).

Haven't gotten a new watch yet, but I do now remove absolutely everything except clothes when I go canoeing and put it in a nice watertight bag

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 14:32   #26
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
I had a watch, a while back, I wore it while canoeing and found out it wasn't waterproof (and neither was the canoe I should add, took 2 of us to get it out of the water).

Haven't gotten a new watch yet, but I do now remove absolutely everything except clothes when I go canoeing and put it in a nice watertight bag
Wore mine canooeing. Said it was waterproof - and it was. But it ended up with condensation inside it for a couple of weeks afterwards :/
All good now tho (Citizen)
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 19:36   #27
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

i keep quartz time, i think its of german/japanese heritage, its very small but shouts at me every hour.

i thought all clockwork watches were a few minutes fast/slow a day?