User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Dec 2005, 23:46   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have the same problem?

Its x-mas time, and you ofcourse spend more time than usual with your family.
Since I live in a different city than the rest of my familiy, x-mas is a time for those long "what's really going on in your life son"-talks.

My problem is that Im 25 and single. Im also a single child.

My parents (including my "step-mother") have started to drop hints. They want me to find a girlfriend and produce some grandchildren. Im not sure when this started, but now its getting increasingly annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 23:57   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Anyone have the same problem?

Oh yes.

Im 20 and my step brother whos the same age were told by my step mum that we should be married by 25, kids etc, dont want to leave it to late and all of that.

My dad then leaned over and told us that while its good we both have a girlfriend we should play the field to see if we prefer something else. But the talk of marriage, kids etc always comes up, they love that kind of shit
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 00:07   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My parents sort of realised a few years ago that they don't get my insanely hedonistic do nothing and get along grand regardless lifestyle so no.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 00:16   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Its x-mas time, and you ofcourse spend more time than usual with your family.
Since I live in a different city than the rest of my familiy, x-mas is a time for those long "what's really going on in your life son"-talks.

My problem is that Im 25 and single. Im also a single child.

My parents (including my "step-mother") have started to drop hints. They want me to find a girlfriend and produce some grandchildren. Im not sure when this started, but now its getting increasingly annoying.

Single child - yes
Hints - yes
25- no im 20

When i pop back from university they do ask the usual 'have you got a girlfriend' 'you can bring a girlfriend with you if you like' stuff. But after they've asked it once, i dont hear anything till the next visit back.

There was one ulitmate cringe remark they made as a possible birthday present once... it could almost deserve a thread...
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 00:17   #5
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly my "nice, responsible, non-drinking young man"-image makes my parents think I will do the usual stuff in life, like having kids.

So I do nice things, I get expected to get kids.
pig do one nice thing, he gets a handjob.

The world is so unfair
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 00:18   #6
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Theres a soviet russia joke here, but i cant quite see it.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 00:20   #7
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well to be honest, not from my parents. But from my aunts, yes. But they are these busy-body people who feel the need to stick their noses where it doesnt' belong and tell everyone how to run their lives.
My parents used to probably worry about me as I never ever mentioned a girl, ever.
Mainly cause I didnt have one most of the time. But they've gotten to meet one or two now and then so they have reassured themselves I'm not actually gay or anything.
But yeah, I ****ing hate this shit.
I'm 24 and I do get that "shouldn't you think about settling down and sorting your life out" shite.

*shudder*
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 01:44   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

TYLER
If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?

JACK
I'd fight my boss, probably.

TYLER
Really?

JACK
Yeah, why, who would you fight?

TYLER
I'd fight my dad.

JACK
I don't know my dad. I mean, I know him, but he left when I was like six year old. Married this woman, had more kids. He did this like every six years. Goes to a new city and starts a new family.

TYLER
****er's setting franchises. My dad never went to college, so it was really important that I'd go.

JACK
Sounds familiar.

TYLER
So I graduate, I called him up long distance and asked: "Dad, now what?", he says "Get a job".

JACK
Same here.

TYLER
When I turned twenty five, my yearly call again "Dad, now what?", he says "I don't know, get married!"

JACK
I can't get married, I'm a thirty-year-old boy!

TYLER
We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 01:46   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Which just goes to show there's ALWAYS an apt Fight Club quote.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 03:20   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i live by fightclub, sideways & pi. there's not been a situation in my life that i can think of at 2:15am where one of the 3 movies haven't provided sufficent advice/reference for.

(ps did you watch that extract again to get the whole quote down accurately? or is there some cult site publicising the screenplay or something )
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 03:25   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Not for another 3 years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
In Soviet Russia, bride orders you?
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 03:45   #12
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

a/ fight club actors cant act
b/ my parents can expect what they want, im not having kids
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 04:25   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

a/ does this way of writing sound annoying?
b/ your doing it more than once
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 05:27   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
ps did you watch that extract again to get the whole quote down accurately? or is there some cult site publicising the screenplay or something

i normally use this

It's not 100% accurate tho.

I saw (and corrected) at least two mistakes *shrug* ... still it's a pretty good effort.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 05:28   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp

in soviet russia children abuse the paedophiles

*shrug*
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 06:48   #16
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I get it off my Dads side of the family. 'You getting a house? How about a proper job? You still going out with that girl? Oh you split up... What to move to Japan?!?!?!'

But not my mums side... As long as everythings ticking along they're kinda ok
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 15:11   #17
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Ed Norton is especially rubbish.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 15:23   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, my parents realise that it's up to me how I live my life.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 18:30   #19
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was first married when I was 20 years old.

I was 23 when my first child was born. One day short of 30 when number 2 came along and in the middle of law school.

So, I never waited long enough to get that kind of pressure.

From the other side of things, I have never, ever, made any kind of suggestion to either of my sons (29 and 36) that they should marry (both are single) or that they should have children (neither has fathered a child to the best of their knowledge).

I have never wanted to be a grandfather. Propigating the species or extending the life of the family name were never a particular imparative for me.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 18:55   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One of the many advantages of not really speaking to your family is you don't have to deal with crap like this.

I was married at 21 though so I doubt they're particularly worried.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:48   #21
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, until I started going out with my bloke about 5 months ago, I'm fairly sure my parents had me pegged as a lesbian, so just the possibility (which 5 months ago they thought didn't exist) of grandkids at some point in the future is enough to keep them happy for now.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 23:55   #22
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

I have no doubts you're the only one doing any penetrating in the relationship.
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 00:04   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
No, my parents realise that it's up to me how I live my life.

Have you told them you're gay yet?
Unread 29 Dec 2005, 00:08   #24
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJohn
I have no doubts you're the only one doing any penetrating in the relationship.
what?
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote