User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Jan 2004, 20:42   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
SIGames finally gets off its arse and goes Global

www.sigames.com

Whats puzzling about this is that they want to shroud it in so much secrecy. The much publicised split from Eidos happened nearly 4 months ago, and we expected SI to come up with a new publisher in a short space of time.

The wording of their announcement is either them talking up some really shitty distribution company thats moving up in the divisions, or its them finally hooking up with someone bigger than Eidos.

Does anyone know whos bigger than Eidos as far as worldwide games/media publishing goes?

Anyone got any ideas where this will all lead to for CM as we know it?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 20:45   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: SIGames finally gets off its arse and goes Global

They could adapt the engine to make an american football or ice-hockey management sim?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 20:46   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Does anyone know whos bigger than Eidos as far as worldwide games/media publishing goes?
EA games?
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 20:47   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
They could adapt the engine to make an american football or ice-hockey management sim?
Please note the existence of "East Side Hockey Manager - Franchise Edition" , which is linked from that page.

An American Football management game is an option though, but theyd need a partner stateside with NFL licenses, and they lost the right to MLS licenses earlier in the year, so i doubt theyre capable of getting the bigger licences.
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 21:02   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
EA games?
I think they have their own management 'sim'?
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 21:03   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

sigame's new publisher is SEGA according to pcgamer.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 21:04   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
sigame's new publisher is SEGA according to pcgamer.
I dont need to point out that youve just ignore the first post in which i stated "SIGames have split from Eidos".

Do I?
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 21:04   #8
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Well i take it they are European-wide now anyway.
Can't see the US giving them any game.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 21:07   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I dont need to point out that youve just ignore the first post in which i stated "SIGames have split from Eidos".

Do I?
eh ?????????

Quote:
www.sigames.com

The wording of their announcement is either them talking up some really shitty distribution company thats moving up in the divisions, or its them finally hooking up with someone bigger than Eidos.

Anyone got any ideas where this will all lead to for CM as we know it?
i was answering your question(s) , what the hell are you on about ?
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 21:11   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Do I?
Presumeably they wouldn't join up with sega if they were still with Eidos, duder.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 22:42   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Sorry , you changed your original response and i responded to that.

Basically , SIGames and Eidos have parted company. Eidos retain the product name , SIGames retain the product code. SIGames thus need a new distributor, and hopefully its not Sega, as theyre shit.
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 22:44   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

yes, i typed eidos by accident, and edited it immediately :/

pcgamer are usually pretty reliable, but sega arent really known for their pc distro.

hmm.
Unread 26 Jan 2004, 22:48   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

at least its not jowood

who should get awards for 'worst standards of product, ever'
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 01:19   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
www.sigames.com

I've heard microsoft is getting rather big lately
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 01:24   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I've heard microsoft is getting rather big lately
Youre absoloutely right. And with the publishing arm being so huge and them investing in the XBox so heavily where Championship Manager is a top title, I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 01:26   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 13:42   #17
bell

bell is an unknown quantity at this point

EA is the devil as far as SI are concerned. Theyll probably announce a deal with Sega, who are publishing EHM
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 17:02   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell
EA is the devil as far as SI are concerned. Theyll probably announce a deal with Sega, who are publishing EHM
Sega are a company in decline though. They have been for a long time, and the name is neither the recognised or respected force it was years ago. Their consoles have failed and their in house games development has been less than spectacular.

Do you think Sega have the muscle to properly promote CM in its new format, bearing in mind it wont have the name Championship Manager behind it?
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 17:26   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What have you got against Super Monkey Ball?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote