User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 May 2009, 15:14   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

An interesting day on sandmans today it seems with Ascendancy taking a big loss in roids as well as ROCK/F-Crew and tof/evo/dlr/nd/xvx all taking a decent rise.

From this I can only assume, every tom, dick and harry are hitting F-Crew, and Rock seem to be the undeserved victims of an Ascendancy assault. However I could be completely wrong. I take it however that alot of alliances must be hitting Ascendancy though, to see there avg size drop significantly P < 0.05

From someone who is not irc active, I'm very limited to the info I have to work with, so if someone could fill me and others, less knowledgable in, we would appreciate.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 15:22   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

TOOT THE SUPPORT TAG are up by 1.9% so it's not all bad news!
Unread 13 May 2009, 15:43   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
A However I could be completely wrong.
Yeah. Rock and Ascendancy are napped.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 15:43   #4
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
TOOT THE SUPPORT TAG are up by 1.9% so it's not all bad news!
Oh right, I take it that is because they are categorised with the main Toot(asc) tag and because there planets are so awful, they were able to avoid incommings and possibly were part of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
tom, dick and hary
people who are roiding the likes of F-crew!

Or have I made a mistake? Tomkat, please enlighten me.

Unread 13 May 2009, 15:45   #5
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Yeah. Rock and Ascendancy are napped.
Oh really!!

Wow, that's interesting. So because of the fact Rock and Ascendancy are napped, Rock seem to have been hit, because of this?? If so, perhaps Rock should re-think there current political situation! As they have faced a massive loss today

So who hit rock and who hit Ascendancy?

Unread 13 May 2009, 15:57   #6
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I roided Rabba, but more out of love than war.
Unread 13 May 2009, 16:30   #7
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

To be honest we are normally too drunk or too busy taking the piss out of each other to notice defense is needed, that prob why we lost so many roids today
Unread 13 May 2009, 16:39   #8
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
To be honest we are normally too drunk or too busy taking the piss out of each other to notice defense is needed, that prob why we lost so many roids today
And the internet thinks you're cool, so a good day all round.

Politics have been interesting this round, with Asc down to #6 in average size and xVx making ground surely they'll have to switch tactics soon. Also rumours of CT hitting an ND gal last night haven't been met particularly well in the "Block-Teamup-Room" (#B-T-R obviously..) with Grog last being seen heading towards Scotland with a shovel and some lime. gm must have his kilt in a twist.
Unread 13 May 2009, 17:09   #9
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

That post makes so little sense in the real world, but it's fun if I suspend disbelief for a while.
Unread 13 May 2009, 17:56   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree View Post
Politics have been interesting this round, with Asc down to #6 in average size and xVx making ground surely they'll have to switch tactics soon.
Yeah. I can see it now. We're going to change tactics and hit one of the only two alliances not actively targetting us! Maybe after that we'll kick a few top members from tag and then ban people from launching fleets for 72 ticks! I have no idea what you mean by politics are interesting. As far as I'm aware this round has consisted of us agreeing to avoid xvx pretickstart and then everyone hitting ascendancy (on and off so that some nights were heavier than others) after about a week while we napped rock after two. Oh the fluidity of this round's politics, how will anyone be able to keep up
Unread 13 May 2009, 18:06   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
An interesting day on sandmans today it seems with Ascendancy taking a big loss in roids as well as ROCK/F-Crew and tof/evo/dlr/nd/xvx all taking a decent rise.

Yeah, 525 roids lost in one day is a huge impact to an alliance. Especially when you only got 65000 left after that.

I suspect that Asc will stop galraiding soon.

PS. If anyone thought I was being sarcastic with the first part, then they deserve a cookie.
Unread 13 May 2009, 18:22   #12
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
PS. If anyone thought I was being sarcastic with the first part, then they deserve a cookie.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 18:23   #13
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

I guess xVx is roiding F-crew, seems to be more of theyre kinda level :P

Edit: And lets keep the asc bashing up, since they kinda wanted a bigger challenge than last rnd :P
Unread 13 May 2009, 19:23   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
I guess xVx is roiding F-crew, seems to be more of theyre kinda level :P

Edit: And lets keep the asc bashing up, since they kinda wanted a bigger challenge than last rnd :P

If we put in the same effort as last round you would all cry.
Unread 13 May 2009, 19:29   #15
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
If we put in the same effort as last round you would all cry.
By "we" I presume you mean JBG.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 20:06   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
And Golan and Smasher and all those other unsung heroes. I actually mean anyone in Asc last round besides me.
Unread 13 May 2009, 21:01   #17
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
And Golan and Smasher and all those other unsung heroes. I actually mean anyone in Asc last round besides me.
you're forgetting me. I'm useless as well.
Unread 13 May 2009, 21:29   #18
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 23:46   #19
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

It is true CT have at this time decided to not let good sense get in the way of CT policy and have started hitting ND gals.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 00:07   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe you could drop some thinly veiled threats about hitting them unless they do what you think they should do. I'm sure that's bound to work!
Unread 14 May 2009, 10:34   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

That only works when you do it
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 11:32   #22
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest, if the BG's manage to keep this up for what remains of the round (though i seriously doubt it) asc could have what they so much craved for - a challenge.
to quote achi "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:01   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
t
to quote achi "be careful what you wish for"
is a Wishmaster quote if anything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIFR4XO61Ow&feature=fvsr

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:11   #24
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
to be honest, if the BG's manage to keep this up for what remains of the round (though i seriously doubt it) asc could have what they so much craved for - a challenge.
to quote achi "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"
well the gap between xvx and asc has closed from 6.2 million to a little over 4 million at present

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:31   #25
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
well the gap between xvx and asc has closed from 6.2 million to a little over 4 million at present

foolish to think that the tiny gap means anything significant unless this keeps up for the rest of the round. but keep in mind, it's asc we are talking about, so i'm curious what JBG will come up with this time to talk his way out of it
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:43   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
foolish to think that the tiny gap means anything significant unless this keeps up for the rest of the round. but keep in mind, it's asc we are talking about, so i'm curious what JBG will come up with this time to talk his way out of it
What exactly do you want from me?
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:56   #27
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Trying to create a wedge between xVx and Asc?
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:57   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We're called TOOT THE ALLIANCE.
Unread 14 May 2009, 12:57   #29
voodoo
a pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
i want you to declare me sole heir of your family fortune and then jump off any random bridge, provided it will kill you.

if that's not possible..... then nothing really. I'm just a bit bored at work and AD seems a good a place as any to change that
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:02   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
if that's not possible..... then nothing really. I'm just a bit bored at work and AD seems a good a place as any to change that
So you weren't curious as to what I'd come up with this time to talk our way out of it (whatever it is)?
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:15   #31
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For you guys to cut the crap and admit you don't want any opposition or any future for pa

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:23   #32
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Why wouldn't we want a future for PA? we enjoy playing it.
Sure, it'd be easier for a lot of us who can't be bothered this round if we had no opposition, but I think that if I ever do play another round like I did last, I'd like some sort of opposition. Otherwise it'd be boring.
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:24   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
For you guys to cut the crap and admit you don't want any opposition or any future for pa
So you actually think I'd like to see a game I've put so much time into and done so much for over the years to just fade away?
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:35   #34
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
So you actually think I'd like to see a game I've put so much time into and done so much for over the years to just fade away?
Not just yoU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdM
for you guys

Unread 14 May 2009, 13:37   #35
voodoo
a pain

Quote:
So you weren't curious as to what I'd come up with this time to talk our way out of it (whatever it is)?
you yourself probably don't know what it is you will do to bail out your alliance (once again). but i'm confident that if you try hard enough and care enough you will find a way.

Unread 14 May 2009, 13:41   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
but i'm confident that if you try hard enough and care enough you will find a way.

Me too man! Hence why I won't. I am curious myself though. What exactly do you think the ideal situation/result this round will be?

PS CBA, my question was about me specifically as voodoo had referred to me.
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:42   #37
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:

Wow.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:45   #38
voodoo
a pain

Quote:
Me too man! Hence why I won't. I am curious myself though. What exactly do you think the ideal situation/result this round will be?

there is never an ideal situation or outcome.

but a state where one alliance is unrivaled round after round is definitely as far from ideal as it can get.
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:46   #39
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Why wouldn't we want a future for PA? we enjoy playing it.
Sure, it'd be easier for a lot of us who can't be bothered this round if we had no opposition, but I think that if I ever do play another round like I did last, I'd like some sort of opposition. Otherwise it'd be boring.
You want the illusion of opposition, if it weren't for some stubborn bg's this round you'd allready have no opposition.

PS: Hows the recruitment going, heard you're still looking for more ?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 14 May 2009, 13:56   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
there is never an ideal situation or outcome.

but a state where one alliance is unrivaled round after round is definitely as far from ideal as it can get.
I don't think unrivaled is really the word you're looking for, if anything haven't people been claiming that we have no opposition this round and we must be badly outnumbered in order to stop us? Surely in order to provide a rival the best non-asc players should unify into an alliance and fight us on equal terms? Uncontested wouldn't really make sense either, if you look at last round we didn't hit #1 until a week from the end. I guess you just mean where one alliance wins round after round? Please clarify if you don't!

Quote:
You want the illusion of opposition, if it weren't for some stubborn bg's this round you'd allready have no opposition.
Stubborn bgs, saving planetarion from a fate worse than death since round 31
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:02   #41
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Stubborn bgs, saving planetarion from a fate worse than death since round 31

would we be better off without all the stupid stubborn BG's?
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:05   #42
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
It would make it even easier for them, lets stop attacking them & hold hands instead foxman?

Unread 14 May 2009, 14:07   #43
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
It would make it even easier for them, lets stop attacking them & hold hands instead foxman?
im always willing to hold hands! can i bring wishmaster? hand3some FTW!
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:10   #44
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
im always willing to hold hands! can i bring wishmaster? hand3some FTW!
ofc you can bring wishmaster, he's HOT!

Unread 14 May 2009, 14:16   #45
voodoo
a pain

Quote:
I don't think unrivaled is really the word you're looking for, if anything haven't people been claiming that we have no opposition this round and we must be badly outnumbered in order to stop us? Surely in order to provide a rival the best non-asc players should unify into an alliance and fight us on equal terms? Uncontested wouldn't really make sense either, if you look at last round we didn't hit #1 until a week from the end. I guess you just mean where one alliance wins round after round? Please clarify if you don't!
do not confuse intentions of rivalry with REAL rivalry (where the other side actually stands a chance of winning). it has not been the case in PA for a few good rounds now.

Asc has turned into a Goliath both in numbers and average quality of members. several tactics were employed to defeat you so far. will the tiny BGs following a similar organizational pattern to asc (stronghold galaxies and loosened hierarchical structure) stand a better chance? I know it's not fair towards you as a person but....i think it is totally up to you whether that happens or not.
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:26   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I'd probably wish I was blind less reading the sort of hilarious use a ****ing irc channel posts just above this post so yeah.

Personally I'd rather see another alliance of the same size fight us in order to see if we weren't the best alliance around. I mean fundamentally this round appears to be boiling down to one thing. Can Ascendancy outscore xvx while being hit by however many planets are actually hitting us, or, effectively, is the number of planets hitting ascendancy enough to ensure we can't outscore xvx. So the end result is either yes or no. Either way the entire question and process involved in finding an answer seems terribly uninteresting. It's just a question of sufficient numbers, there'll either be enough or there won't be enough.
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:32   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
do not confuse intentions of rivalry with REAL rivalry (where the other side actually stands a chance of winning). it has not been the case in PA for a few good rounds now.
I'm not really following. Who exactly do you think is going to win this round? The bgs along with ND and VGN (and ct)?

Quote:
I know it's not fair towards you as a person but....i think it is totally up to you whether that happens or not.
I don't really care man. I'm confident enough I'd beat you all anyways (after all beating you when you're divided up into smaller tags sounds easier than when everyone's in 1/2 tags) that I don't feel the urge to prove myself. If we lose, we lose, and there'll be no apologies or excuses from me. I won't have put in the effort and we'll have lost. Actually, even that sounds a bit like an excuse! You'll have been better than me/us and we'll have lost.
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:54   #48
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
. I won't have put in the effort and we'll have lost. Actually, even that sounds a bit like an excuse! You'll have been better than me/us and we'll have lost.
Am I the only one who didn't quite grasp what JBG was punching at here?
Unread 14 May 2009, 14:55   #49
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
I'd probably wish I was blind less reading the sort of hilarious use a ****ing irc channel posts just above this post so yeah.

Personally I'd rather see another alliance of the same size fight us in order to see if we weren't the best alliance around. I mean fundamentally this round appears to be boiling down to one thing. Can Ascendancy outscore xvx while being hit by however many planets are actually hitting us, or, effectively, is the number of planets hitting ascendancy enough to ensure we can't outscore xvx. So the end result is either yes or no. Either way the entire question and process involved in finding an answer seems terribly uninteresting. It's just a question of sufficient numbers, there'll either be enough or there won't be enough.
The real question is how long will asc (or toot or whatever) and their shitload of members continue to play along with the BG's.

Unread 14 May 2009, 15:05   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
The real question is how long will asc (or toot or whatever) and their shitload of members continue to play along with the BG's.
I have no idea what play along means.