User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 27 Apr 2009, 16:35   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
In Game/Alliance Forum

Could you please automatically show the alliance forum board when you click the ingame "forum" link on the menu?

Doing this would make the ingame alliance forums used more.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:24   #2
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: In Game/Alliance Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Could you please automatically show the alliance forum board when you click the ingame "forum" link on the menu?

Doing this would make the ingame alliance forums used more.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:32   #3
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Hehe, this is rather interesting.
When the forum were initially change it showed both the galaxy and alliance forum when clicking the menu link, just as you're requesting. However due to massive complaints it got separated.
Ppl said it would only lead to posting on the wrong "forum/section" etc.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:38   #4
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Maybe compose a step between Forum button and showing the threads?
Like:

Click Forum Button -->

*Gal Forum (Hide/Show Threads)

*Alliance Forum (Hide/Show Threads)

I also think that people should be able to read and that this step would be enough. Make the distinction large enough and people will understand
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 17:53   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
When the forum were initially change it showed both the galaxy and alliance forum when clicking the menu link, just as you're requesting. However due to massive complaints it got separated.
Tbh I rarely visit the in game alliance forum, because i dont see any really visible links to it.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 20:19   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
I agree with the OP, but I also understand what you are saying.

I think what is needed is a much clearer user interface so the two forums can be easily distinguished.

I think in general what PA needs is better user interface over and above anything else.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 20:30   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
With the introduction of subpages (see preferences, mining and cov ops, for example), it shouldn't be hard to apply the same logic to galaxy and alliance forums.

While we're at it, I think(?) the subpage structure of the alliance page isn't the same as everywhere else, you might want to be a bit more consistent here.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 21:42   #8
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
With the introduction of subpages (see preferences, mining and cov ops, for example), it shouldn't be hard to apply the same logic to galaxy and alliance forums.

While we're at it, I think(?) the subpage structure of the alliance page isn't the same as everywhere else, you might want to be a bit more consistent here.
That's because they are different.
The mining, history and preference page doesn't have subpages, it's just tabs that show/hide different parts of the contents. It's a single page with all contents loaded at once like previous rounds, it's just "broken up" a bit more.
The alliance pages are actually several separate pages, doing those in the same way the tabs have been done would be really bad in terms of speed, among things.
Think of the alliance pages more like the old AH part, it might actually be a good idea to bring that sort of minor separation back, but that's for some to discussion.

On topic, it might be possible to just do it based upon simple tabs the same way the 3 mentioned pages does yes.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 21:57   #9
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The mining, history and preference page doesn't have subpages, it's just tabs that show/hide different parts of the contents. It's a single page with all contents loaded at once like previous rounds, it's just "broken up" a bit more.
The alliance pages are actually several separate pages, doing those in the same way the tabs have been done would be really bad in terms of speed, among things.
Think of the alliance pages more like the old AH part, it might actually be a good idea to bring that sort of minor separation back, but that's for some to discussion.

On topic, it might be possible to just do it based upon simple tabs the same way the 3 mentioned pages does yes.
or have an expandable sub menu on the left hand side which expands to show the different areas inside each section, much like the collapsible red arrows on these forums.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 21:59   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:

As it looks, just assign the other old links to "tab_links" class should fix it.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 23:30   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The alliance pages are actually several separate pages, doing those in the same way the tabs have been done
Fair enough.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2010, 07:55   #12
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Necro, but valid.

Ok now that the game menu is more separated, you could include "Alliance Forum" below "Galaxy Forum" link.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 16 Aug 2010, 17:41   #13
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Also adding alliance defence (and perhaps attack) to below galaxy status link.

and merge politics and galaxy screen.

Move Alliance tax, and scan options to the alliance screen, under a new tab.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 17 Aug 2010, 10:00   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
I also think that people should be able to read and that this step would be enough. Make the distinction large enough and people will understand
Internet for dummies

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2010, 10:02   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
I agree with the OP, but I also understand what you are saying.

I think what is needed is a much clearer user interface so the two forums can be easily distinguished.

I think in general what PA needs is better user interface over and above anything else.
Perhaps a different skin and color scheme? Or let the Alliance forum skin be customizable by the alliance so that they could sort out the distinction between both forums themselves?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote