User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 Apr 2009, 15:20   #1
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice
why don't we get usernames?

Why did we go to email and passwords? what was the point in that decision beyond making it worse for people to log in with phones?

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 15:34   #2
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: why don't we get usernames?

Yeah, its a trivial detail, but i much rather login with my username and pword, than with my email address.

Gives it a kind of personal quality to it, letting you know youre the ruler of this planet, while the email login is kind of clinical and disociative.

Only a tiny thing in the scheme of things yeah and probably not worth writing a forum reply, but still, i agree with you D:

Its your planet, something we all dedicate a large chunk of our lives to protecting and growing. Not an email account.

Call me pathetic, but :/
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 15:34   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

yeh its terrible, my email is far too long to log in quick in an emergency!
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 15:42   #4
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

this is my point! aint gonna be easy to do quick emergency logins

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 15:46   #5
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
<Appocomaster> I checked earlier today and I estimate that 5% or more of login are mobiles
<Appocomaster> (maybe as much as 10-15%)
<Appocomaster> if anything, we should be making it more mobile friendly :-)
That was said last CH. The email login clearly is not mobile friendly
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 16:50   #6
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Allow users to enter either a username, email address or their user id with their password. This way they could enter whichever login they prefer. It's probably too late for this round.

Is it much of an issue though? Surely your mobile browser must be able to remember login details?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 18:21   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This can be done retroactively by allowing people to set a username on the preferences page.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 18:28   #8
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

or you can save your login / password and all you do is just click the button.
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 18:48   #9
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

using mobile to access pa for most of the days im at work since i dont get to b in office that much.. also i got a shitty phone to do that so i didnt get to read mails(open em)+tons of other stuff before and now one more thing that fcks the logging in up.. :/

^^ means that i do not like it and vote for it to b changed to username/passwd again, thanks..

PS: yes i might buy a new fancy mobile, but im not gonna do it just cos of planetarion :P
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 20:15   #10
Vladel
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
or you can save your login / password and all you do is just click the button.
The point is about mobile phones not on pc

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 20:29   #11
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

My mobile saves my details, but I suppose using an email address isn't as convenient as a username - especially since soon we're supposed to have this "persistent" login all round aren't we? so we can track our ranks over many rounds and use the same details.
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 22:25   #12
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

its a little bit more insecure since people are stupid enough to use the same passwords across sites.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote