User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 10:19   #151
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R31 rumour thread

this is one of the reasons why i like ascendancy, but never really felt at home there. they are like the spoiled child who only thinks that what HE does is good, and HIS oppinions matter, and HIS will should go through....

and yes, i do believe that the asc forum-squad should come on the forum and since they found it so easy to openly condemn omen for doing favouritisms and calling them shit for that, they should now openly appologize for being wrong. now i am sure that you can come up with ways to turn it around in your favour, but for just this ONCE man-up and say "we were wrong".

if however you believe that not enough proof was offered to convince you that you were wrong, so your assumptions and accusations were indeed real, feel free to ask for more proof, and i'm sure anyone who still has logs of the second att chan/hc chan will oblige.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 11:11   #152
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
this is one of the reasons why i like ascendancy, but never really felt at home there. they are like the spoiled child who only thinks that what HE does is good, and HIS oppinions matter, and HIS will should go through....
There are twats everywhere.

Quote:
and yes, i do believe that the asc forum-squad should come on the forum and since they found it so easy to openly condemn omen for doing favouritisms and calling them shit for that, they should now openly appologize for being wrong. now i am sure that you can come up with ways to turn it around in your favour, but for just this ONCE man-up and say "we were wrong".
I apologize for being associated with people who were wrong.

Quote:
if however you believe that not enough proof was offered to convince you that you were wrong, so your assumptions and accusations were indeed real, feel free to ask for more proof, and i'm sure anyone who still has logs of the second att chan/hc chan will oblige.
Incidentally, I never meant there was anything wrong with what Wish/Kaifux did or were implied to have done.

I did think it was there was an amusing inconsistency between what Wish said on the forum and what Kaifux said in the meeting, but didn't mean to imply anything beyond that. I'm sorry if anyone took it the wrong way.

I think Omen were the most fun alliance to fight this round. Taking the fight to us that early was a ballsy move, in the end it didn't pay off, but I still think it was the right move. I never doubted we'd beat you, but by pt336 I was annoyed that I hadn't managed to get into an Ascendancy galaxy earlier so I couldn't take the fight to you.

For making me want to play PA you have my respect, for whatever that's worth.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 11:46   #153
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Rumours has it that Ascendancy have about 200 players, and every other alliance stands empty back.

Is there gonna be a fight for this round's victory at all?

I think not.

R31 has already been won, roll on end of round ceremony.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 11:53   #154
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Rumours has it that Ascendancy have about 200 players, and every other alliance stands empty back.

Is there gonna be a fight for this round's victory at all?

I think not.

R31 has already been won, roll on end of round ceremony.
So Kargool, guru of alliance sizes, please tell us how many members fang have, as well as CT and what other alliances look to be strong. Because from where I see it, ToF is back, always a semi-strong force, FanG is coming out strong and I'm sure CT should of learnt a thing or two in the last round Although I would agree Ascendancy seem the strongest, with the previous 3 round wins under ze belt

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 12:16   #155
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Fact has it that Munin has 150 people with 'member level' access. Some of these won't play next round at all. I'd estimate about 130 actual members, of which 10 or so are scanners.

And of course we're winning next round
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 12:26   #156
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

i fail to see how the 6-9 planet fi/co waves i joined from the "reward chan" for "officers only", somehow helped me to alot of easy and good roids, when we normaly got 30-40 roids each.

the intent of the chan as i remember, was to get decent coverage on the big planets in gals, something, that we atleast to some extent, managed.

Omen failed sadly, but rewarding officers, we never did,
the only donations from ally found i saw, was when DCs ****ed up and members died defending
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 12:56   #157
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tbh, if anything, I regret I didnt do more favourism last round, as some of my members were so shit they didnt deserve a single def fleet or a single target above 100 roids.
As it was though, I didnt. And it quite annoys me when the asc forum squad gets on here and post logs from THEIR OWN channels to proove what was going on in omen. hehe.

As fuzzy said, u were wrong, admit it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 13:48   #158
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let's be honest here wish, the only thing I haven't seen at this stage is your collection of irc pms.

Slightly more on topic sure it seems like I was wrong in the extent to which I believed favouritism existed in Omen, I can accept that. The fact that you actually had a separate attack channel for the fattest targets reserved for your more active members doesn't exactly leave me with a "holy shit I was miles off" reverberating around my head though.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 13:53   #159
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Tbh, if anything, I regret I didnt do more favourism last round, as some of my members were so shit they didnt deserve a single def fleet or a single target above 100 roids.
As it was though, I didnt. And it quite annoys me when the asc forum squad gets on here and post logs from THEIR OWN channels to proove what was going on in omen. hehe.

As fuzzy said, u were wrong, admit it.
JBG is afk, so spending the day harping on about getting an admission of error for him is pretty futile. I, however, don't think there's anything wrong with favoritism. (Though I am amused you're defending it now, considering you were critical of it in Ascendancy at the end of round 29!)

The real problem, in my opinion, is transparency in favoritism. If you invite people to an alliance on the premise that they will be treated equally, it's a violation of the social contract to start treating people differently. I've had some trouble dealing with this in Ascendancy over the last few rounds. Mostly stuff along the lines of 'Yes, you should treat the friendly non-Ascendancy galmates in fortress galaxies favorably you ****ing idiot', but there are many other situations as well. There is also an implicit premise against equal treatment in Ascendancy: you're only guaranteed defense if you sort out someone to organize your defense in advance, and even then it relies on them to sort it for you if you're not online to do it yourself. I doubt most new recruits pick up on this these days, but oh well. It's difficult to keep everyone educated when you have as much of a turnover as we do. (Pretty sure it's about the same as most alliances of comparable size.)

In Omen Kaifux made it perfectly clear in the meeting that there were going to be individual rewards for stepping up for the team. In CT I guess it's a given there'll be some favoritism if you know some of the senior member's reputation (without implying that it's justified!). Plus CT HC do appear to work to keep their premise of equal treatment honest:

<munkee> yes supergans k|afk|a defleeching is being sorted atm

All that said, it's stupid to think that favoritism is always unhealthy in alliance score optimizing terms.

Edit: oh there he is. Trust that ****er to show up just in time to **** up my post. **** you, man.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 13:56   #160
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Let's be honest here wish, the only thing I haven't seen at this stage is your collection of irc pms.

Slightly more on topic sure it seems like I was wrong in the extent to which I believed favouritism existed in Omen, I can accept that. The fact that you actually had a separate attack channel for the fattest targets reserved for your more active members doesn't exactly leave me with a "holy shit I was miles off" reverberating around my head though.
As if we didn't favor people with FI/CO
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 15:31   #161
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Heh such a small comment and so much fuzz(y) This was the 1 example where we found out (different parsers pretty clearly shows the a and b team), for all I know it could have happend alot more. If someone bothered reading the other logs we have maybe we could find more, but as this stands, its still a valid example to me.

At this point Omen was pretty much falling apart, instead of giving the "normal" members an easy chance of a scoreboost and decent roids on a 3k f-crew cath, it's reserved for "important" people. Call that what you want tbh, its clear favouretism right that, possibly even hurting alliance score. I'm not even saying it was the wrong thing to do in the situation, I'm just saying it happened. Fairly sure this guy ended up with 0 def, as predicted.

I've said this before, the lower ranked members of your alliance are those you need to take care off, if they start losing motivation it will spread upwards quickly. Yeah, maybe they are noobs and poor players but they are in your alliance all the same and if you keep reciting equality to them, you best actually show it too. They are also typically easier to please than the top players, seeing 1 wave undefended out of 4 is fine, seeing 4 out of 4 with 0 def just kills your spirit (they didnt even try), while a top player might whine about a single wave lost.

Fuzzy mentioned that the lower ranked players in omen were actually willing to team up, but since they were only in a channel with other low ranked players, the team ups turned out pretty weak. If you don't see that this isn't actually the players who are teaming up's fault, I don't know how to make you understand anything on an alliance level.

Quote:
. other high ranking omens like Inforza also did a lot - such as inforza regularly putting up his galaxy for attack even though it was a/ his own galaxy b/ his long time friends.
While I can understand where you are coming from here, you are way wrong.
Every time my (inforza's) gal had inc from omen and allies, I was happy. Inforza should have known his gal better, how good we are under pressure and our ability to make planets that are hard to hit. Time and time again it was the randoms who ended up with alot of incoming, not the actual enemy planets from asc. This also pushed the whole gal closer together against omen. We started out with 3 asc and 3 omen in gal. We ended with 8 asc and 0 omen. I think that says enough. Don't even get me started on how Inforza could be a top10 defender with only 1 fleet to def with for most of the round heh. (credit to him for at least trying though)

There's about 100 other small things in omen which went wrong I could point out, but since people rather not look at their own mistakes and try to improve them for next time I'll just shut up.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by Zotnam; 16 Apr 2009 at 15:40.
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 15:41   #162
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good exchanges here from Asc and Omen. What I like to see
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:05   #163
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Shame it's all about last round and not about next round and since Omen is not playing has literally no relevance in this thread. But I guess, since there is only one alliance playing next round, making an interesting thread about it is near impossible.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:11   #164
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Edit: <

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
Shame it's all about last round and not about next round and since Omen is not playing has literally no relevance in this thread. But I guess, since there is only one alliance playing next round, making an interesting thread about it is near impossible.
Great minds think alike. >

Well from an outsiders perspective, it just seems too much Ascendancy are saying too much of the 'same' thing. Kargool quite nicely tried moving on from this debate as it's not really going anywhere because Ascendancy raised issue, Omen deals with issue, Some of Ascendancy accept Omens defence, Other in Asc(Golan) says basically along the lines of, 'oh well if this one wasn't bad enough, then there were definately more'. To be honest I'd like to see some evidence of this and if you "cant be bothered" reading logs, then dont post it. simple.

The fact of the matter is the following:

Ascendancy beat Omen hands down. Omen had alot of problems undoubtably, but not as many as Ascendancy keep trying to point out.

Also just a quick note to Ascendancy players, Dont for goodness sake, be bad winners. You won, well done.

As for R31. Ascendancy are looking the strongest. I'm still waiting for someone to dish the dirt of how FanG are shaping up and how CT will try to bounce back, along with the likes of ND/VGN/xVx. Are any looking stronger?

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:19   #165
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
As for R31. Ascendancy are looking the strongest. I'm still waiting for someone to dish the dirt of how FanG are shaping up and how CT will try to bounce back, along with the likes of ND/VGN/xVx. Are any looking stronger?
FanG look decent memberwise, no match for ascendancy tho and will struggle to find any sort of reliable ally (that they would need) to make a challenge for #1. Besides the fact they have a lot of returning players who will undoubtedly be out of shape and rather useless.

CT/ND/VGN look a lot weaker than r30.

xVx look around the same, possible slightly stronger though hopefully will have cut down on a lot of random/crap members that filled their tag last round.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:24   #166
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

If we're keeping the focus on the next round (might have been my fault we strayed elsewhere in the first place), ct is looking weaker than this round due to players departing, a fang hc commented that asc would be "easy to break under pressure", ND look unchanged and the influence of dlr-like bg's seem to be rising while asc must be the clear favourite with a healthy dose of new recruits. The lith army seems to have moved on from omen to another alliance while the omen "core" looks to try something different.

Rumour also has it elviz is going for a "3-in-a-row" as a planet!

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:30   #167
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
ND look unchanged
ND lost half its active command and the majority of its active playerbase. And sadly, i believe they will be lucky to finish above xVx next round.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:37   #168
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
Other in Asc(Golan) says basically along the lines of, 'oh well if this one wasn't bad enough, then there were definately more'. To be honest I'd like to see some evidence of this and if you "cant be bothered" reading logs, then dont post it. simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golan
If someone bothered reading the other logs we have maybe we could find more, but as this stands, its still a valid example to me.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:40   #169
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
ND lost half its active command and the majority of its active playerbase.
moved to fang ?
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 16:57   #170
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
moved to fang ?
No. Retirement mostly.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 17:17   #171
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

can we please stop this ascendancy/omen shit flinging contest. This is a thread about round 31, not who got preferential treatment for some attack that happened 4 weeks ago. If it matters that much then make a different thread where you can air your grievances in a thread that relates to your issues

i am surprised the mods have let this thread be so horribly derailed over the last page or so

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 17:56   #172
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

CT apperantly had a huge chunk of their players leaving. xVx apperantly have gotten a fair bit of good players though. ND seem to be downsizing in one of their normal culling ways.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 18:12   #173
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
can we please stop this ascendancy/omen shit flinging contest. This is a thread about round 31, not who got preferential treatment for some attack that happened 4 weeks ago. If it matters that much then make a different thread where you can air your grievances in a thread that relates to your issues

i am surprised the mods have let this thread be so horribly derailed over the last page or so
Regardless of the derailing, it was high quality discussion, so it was worth letting go.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 18:57   #174
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Copying two quotes
Please try to add some of your own context to your posts JBG. My interpretation of what Golan had to say still stands. I believe he was lazy and informative in his postings.

@Venox, thanks for that little bit of infomation, would be nice a tad more infomation though regarding ND/xVx.

I dont see how ND can be losing too much, are you just saying, since the 'denial' in ND are moving on, ND will suffer? Because didn't they do better the round before the 'denial' came?

Although if Disc is moving anywhere, ND is bound to suffer immensely

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 18:59   #175
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
CT apperantly had a huge chunk of their players leaving. xVx apperantly have gotten a fair bit of good players though. ND seem to be downsizing in one of their normal culling ways.
Oh, is that so? Who from CT left?

Also, what sort of good players have xVx gained? Normally I would say xVx always have a decent bunch of players, with the lkes of nichevo/TBB constantly doing well there, however in recent rounds there defence seemed to have lacked off a considerable amount and overal the alliance has suffered. I would like to know what xVx plans to do to counter this.

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 19:00   #176
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Which FAnG HC said Ascendancy would crack under pressure?

And it is very amusing to see that CT lose a lot of players. Very amusing. I wonder why though!

Also I used Jonny's travelmachine, travelled in the future and Ascendancy will win next round! Hands down! :woohoo:
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 19:02   #177
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Which FAnG HC said Ascendancy would crack under pressure?

And it is very amusing to see that CT lose a lot of players. Very amusing. I wonder why though!

Also I used Jonny's travelmachine, travelled in the future and Ascendancy will win next round! Hands down! :woohoo:
I really hope all of planetarion community reads these posts and actually takes note from them, other than a few bad attempts to take asc down, by people like me suggesting Ascendancy will win half way few a round..

I admire your confidence though

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 19:34   #178
VenoX

Quote:
@Venox, thanks for that little bit of infomation, would be nice a tad more infomation though regarding ND/xVx.

I dont see how ND can be losing too much, are you just saying, since the 'denial' in ND are moving on, ND will suffer? Because didn't they do better the round before the 'denial' came?

Although if Disc is moving anywhere, ND is bound to suffer immensely
the Denial players that joined ND r30 effectively replaced the DLR from the round before (playerwise atleast), now ND are left with neither. Not sure on your definition of better either since didnt ND finish r29 in 4th place and r30 in 2nd?

More important though, Amon has left for DLR and Damo8 is taking a round off (2 key HC!) let alone the higher ranked/better players such as Arty, Philo and Virt also taking next round off. Out of the 10 ND planets that finished in the top 35 last round I THINK only Lukeylove will be playing with ND next round (I could be wrong about a couple). Of course an alliance with ND's long history has survived a lot of turnover in players before but I feel that this round will be much too big to make them a competetive force next round.

Afaik Disc is still ND though, so all hope isnt lost!
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 20:32   #179
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
the Denial players that joined ND r30 effectively replaced the DLR from the round before (playerwise atleast), now ND are left with neither. Not sure on your definition of better either since didnt ND finish r29 in 4th place and r30 in 2nd?

More important though, Amon has left for DLR and Damo8 is taking a round off (2 key HC!) let alone the higher ranked/better players such as Arty, Philo and Virt also taking next round off. Out of the 10 ND planets that finished in the top 35 last round I THINK only Lukeylove will be playing with ND next round (I could be wrong about a couple). Of course an alliance with ND's long history has survived a lot of turnover in players before but I feel that this round will be much too big to make them a competetive force next round.

Irritating -> Annoying -> Ok -> Cool -> Ace

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:06   #180
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
My interpretation of what Golan had to say still stands. I believe he was lazy and informative in his postings.
So what you're saying is that, to you, "oh well if this one wasn't bad enough, then there were definately more" is the same as "but as this stands, its still a valid example to me". Yeah, I don't really have much to add to that to be honest unless I actually start breaking down both sentences into individual words and explaining what they mean.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:10   #181
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

in round 12 I think ND was reduced to about 20 players at the start of the round. They finished 2nd.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:16   #182
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
in round 12 I think ND was reduced to about 20 players at the start of the round. They finished 2nd.
In fairness score wasn't just score accumulated while not in a different tag that round. That said as long as you're close to 60 anything is possible really.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:27   #183
VenoX

Quote:
Quote:
In fairness score wasn't just score accumulated while not in a different tag that round. That said as long as you're close to 60 anything is possible really.
I don't know why either of you are bothering since no one, including yourselves i'm sure, honestly believes anyone but Ascendancy will be winning next round with ease.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:30   #184
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I don't know why either of you are bothering since no one, including yourselves i'm sure, honestly believes anyone but Ascendancy will be winning next round with ease.
It's hardly like it's a mathematically derivable theorem but yeah, I'd be surprised if Ascendancy didn't win this round.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:37   #185
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Ofcourse Asc are winning next round, I am sorting the political and strategical side of things afterall!
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 21:42   #186
Banned
Banned

Quote:
No. Retirement mostly.
40 members leaving a top alliance between rounds is nothing to write home about. This kind of turnover is normal, and given they've managed 30 rounds, I'm sure they'll be their usual self next round.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 22:36   #187
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
The point is that ND have enough people who are pretty much eternally there to rebuild, despite times when they are decimated.

I am not trying to overplay their influence, it's just that for all their track record, ND has the ability to surprise people. I just felt VenoX was unfairly writing them off.

Quote:
Look, we are favourites, okay. There is no point in even debating that after the last round. I'll be disappointed if we don't win. Whether we will depends on how well we play - as quite honestly our biggest enemy right now is complacency.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 22:38   #188
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
40 members leaving a top alliance between rounds is nothing to write home about. This kind of turnover is normal, and given they've managed 30 rounds, I'm sure they'll be their usual self next round.
And yet its been said already that you have 150 access records on Munin and you think you'll have 130 players at round start.

With an alliance about to win its 4th in a row do you honestly believe 40 decent players are going to be wanting to join ND? Since you're still actively recruiting aswell, there is literally no chance ND are going to be their usual self at all and you know it.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually believe your own bullshit or if its out of pure ignorance that you do it, is it honestly so hard for u to comprehend that you're the only alliance left playing that actually cares about winning? You've bullied and flamed all your opposition out of the game (or into your alliance) and now you're left playing by yourselves it seems, i hope sim PA is fun for you but please, cut the crap, everyone is tired of it.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 22:48   #189
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Look, we are favourites, okay. There is no point in even debating that after the last round. I'll be disappointed if we don't win. Whether we will depends on how well we play - as quite honestly our biggest enemy right now is complacency.
It must be great when an alliance deems there biggest threat as themselves. Or is it just a sorry state of affairs

Unread 16 Apr 2009, 22:56   #190
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
It must be great when an alliance deems there biggest threat as themselves. Or is it just a sorry state of affairs
Obviously we have opposition and I hardly expect some of it to just lie down. But really if we play to the same level as last round (difficult), there's always a way we can win.

Actually I think these BG's might be the start of something good. First and foremost they pick players on ability. Secondly they'll be able to develop whatever system they are happy with. Some will fail but the successful ones might grow into really solid alliances.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 23:05   #191
Banned
Banned

Quote:
And yet its been said already that you have 150 access records on Munin and you think you'll have 130 players at round start.
Our turnover is going to be similar to other alliances.

Quote:
With an alliance about to win its 4th in a row do you honestly believe 40 decent players are going to be wanting to join ND? Since you're still actively recruiting aswell, there is literally no chance ND are going to be their usual self at all and you know it.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually believe your own bullshit or if its out of pure ignorance that you do it, is it honestly so hard for u to comprehend that you're the only alliance left playing that actually cares about winning? You've bullied and flamed all your opposition out of the game (or into your alliance) and now you're left playing by yourselves it seems, i hope sim PA is fun for you but please, cut the crap, everyone is tired of it.
Sometimes I wonder if you understand what it is I write. ND hasn't won a round in a while, they've been top5 for like 20 rounds running. I said they'd be their usual self.

DID I EVER SAY THEY'D BE A THREAT TO OUR INEVITABLE DOMINANCE? NO.
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 23:27   #192
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Obviously we have opposition and I hardly expect some of it to just lie down. But really if we play to the same level as last round (difficult), there's always a way we can win.

Actually I think these BG's might be the start of something good. First and foremost they pick players on ability. Secondly they'll be able to develop whatever system they are happy with. Some will fail but the successful ones might grow into really solid alliances.
The trouble is, although you're quite right in mentioning that these BGs could develop into successful alliances but heh. whats going to happen in round 31. I mean lets take Ascendancy, when could Asc actually compete for #1 value rank for an alliance, honestly, 5-10 rounds after it started? something similar? For the for-see-able future it just seems Ascendancy will continue to dominate. I'd love an alliance to step up but the trouble is, most people(of the people that could actually fight asc) join ascendancy, leave ascendancy, wont bother fighting Ascendancy. As I see it, the only way for another alliance to win a round of PA at this current moment, is to block with everyone and hit Ascendancy from t72 to t[endofround]. That may piss Ascendancy off and actually cause alot of trouble in there channels and alot of people who are not 'ascendancy' core could leave. Because even if a alliance targets Ascendancy from tick 72, i.e. Omen Round 30. We all know what can happen. 3 rounds in a win. Very nice. Effect on the game? Prob not too good generally. 4 wins in row? Even nicer for Asc but the effect on the game could be pretty crushing. But I really dont even want to suggest Ascendancy breaking up, seperating, which is what people think!!

What I would like, would be to grab 6 or so alliances, form a nap and continuously hit Ascendancy until the end of a round, or until every ascendancy player is below each one of those 6 bash limits. But heh, maybe someone else will like to do it and actually do it! haha

Unread 17 Apr 2009, 00:04   #193
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
The trouble is, although you're quite right in mentioning that these BGs could develop into successful alliances but heh. whats going to happen in round 31. I mean lets take Ascendancy, when could Asc actually compete for #1 value rank for an alliance, honestly, 5-10 rounds after it started? something similar? For the for-see-able future it just seems Ascendancy will continue to dominate.
For a start, we could have played that way much sooner. We just chose to be pretty chilled before then and to be honest, we agreed that we were wasting our talent despite being quite clearly the most capable bunch around. So we started winning rounds.

Quote:
I'd love an alliance to step up but the trouble is, most people(of the people that could actually fight asc) join ascendancy, leave ascendancy, wont bother fighting Ascendancy. As I see it, the only way for another alliance to win a round of PA at this current moment, is to block with everyone and hit Ascendancy from t72 to t[endofround].
Well, that would require them taking on tremendous responsibility and sinking a lot of time. While they certainly aren't lazy, they certainly take an attitude that planetarion comes second to their real priorities in life. That is one of the reasons why we are attractive to people of this calibre. And yes it is a problem to other alliances, having been on the wrong end of it myself a long time ago.

Quote:
That may piss Ascendancy off and actually cause alot of trouble in there channels and alot of people who are not 'ascendancy' core could leave. Because even if a alliance targets Ascendancy from tick 72, i.e. Omen Round 30. We all know what can happen. 3 rounds in a win. Very nice. Effect on the game? Prob not too good generally. 4 wins in row? Even nicer for Asc but the effect on the game could be pretty crushing. But I really dont even want to suggest Ascendancy breaking up, seperating, which is what people think!!
First of all they won't 'leave', they'll be thrown out the door. Second of all I'd suggest alliances play to win rather than stop Ascendancy. Obviously part of that will involve attacking Ascendancy, but it seems previous strategies have just ended up ****ing up people's endgame.

The nature of any Ascendancy victory is central to the effect on the game. Say we are challenged and play a high quality round. I don't see that as bad in any circumstances. If we win via a walkover then yes you may be correct. My personal view is that I'm not really sure what we have left to achieve but if the collective want to keep going, then keep going we shall. I suppose there are differences in that JBG won't be getting as involved and I'm pretty sure that's where our main challenge lies.

Quote:
What I would like, would be to grab 6 or so alliances, form a nap and continuously hit Ascendancy until the end of a round, or until every ascendancy player is below each one of those 6 bash limits. But heh, maybe someone else will like to do it and actually do it! haha
And we keep playing to see if we can win in spite of that.
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 00:10   #194
CBA
Mind-boggling

All I can do now is sit back and watch, and hope that it will be a challenging round for all alliances the round is about to start, but only one alliances seems strong at the moment. Lokken to you, all i can do is admire you and ascendancy at this current time.

Unread 17 Apr 2009, 07:26   #195
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

i shall respond properly to some of the above posts later.

for now i have one question - can someone tell me which planet # in 9.1 was the f-crew one which was allegedly given to the omen officers as preferential treatment?
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 08:51   #196
JonnyBGood
Banned

#11, going off what was said in that log.
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 09:01   #197
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by venox View Post
you've bullied and flamed all your opposition out of the game (or into your alliance) and now you're left playing by yourselves it seems, i hope sim pa is fun for you but please, cut the crap, everyone is tired of it.
One man still stands strong, steadfast, undeniable!!!!!1@#, in the battle against darkness!

I am JungleMuffin. Hear me ROAR!
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 09:41   #198
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
i shall respond properly to some of the above posts later.

for now i have one question - can someone tell me which planet # in 9.1 was the f-crew one which was allegedly given to the omen officers as preferential treatment?
i'd hazard a guess and say the one that said "Imperial of F-Crew" across it.
Though that might just be my l33t intel skillz.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 09:47   #199
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
All I can do now is sit back and watch, and hope that it will be a challenging round for all alliances the round is about to start, but only one alliances seems strong at the moment. Lokken to you, all i can do is admire you and ascendancy at this current time.
Personally I don't see anything to admire when a group of the best players all gang together when the game is at its lowest (in numbers terms). I suppose we all have to accept that this will be another ASC dominated round.

I'm still looking foward to it though. As always.

I still stand by my comments in another thread where I stated that such domination is bad for PA.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2009, 10:13   #200
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
One man still stands strong, steadfast, undeniable!!!!!1@#, in the battle against darkness!

I am JungleMuffin. Hear me ROAR!
Does this mean you've given up on getting in?

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote