User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2009, 23:14   #1
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough
Land Lord problems

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can tell me where i stand here. I have a problem with my landlord or rather my landlords handy man.......

First off my contract outlines who my landlord is she has a man who works for her who has handled everything to do with the house and is largely considered to be the landlord. However know where on the contract does it say he is in fact the landlord.

Repeatedly he has turned up to the property unannounced and let himself in through the back door. The times he has come round like this he has not actually done anything other than use our loo.

Another occasion was when he and my real landlord gave us no notice before bringing potential new tenants to the property and turned up and showed these people round. using spare keys to unlock other tenants rooms whilst giving the tour.

I know ( in the landlords act or something like that) it states that the landlord has to give 24 hours notice before entering the property however i have only seen my landlord once. Clearly there is a breach here however what can i do about it?

taking into account that the guy that comes round is not my landlord i assume he is in himself breaking the law by entering the property without consent?

thanks for reading and any help will be much appricated. If it is of use i am in England, i add this because i am unsure of how laws differ in other countries

Sebos
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2009, 00:14   #2
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: Land Lord problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebos View Post
Repeatedly he has turned up to the property unannounced and let himself in through the back door. The times he has come round like this he has not actually done anything other than use our loo.
The landlord, or landlord’s agent, has the legal right to enter the property at
reasonable times of day to carry out the repairs for which he or she is responsible
and to inspect the condition and state of repair of the property.
24 hours’ written notice of an inspection must be given. You should ask the landlord to set out in
the tenancy agreement the arrangements for access and procedures for getting
repairs done.

plenty of info here http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume...pdf/138289.pdf

although the pdf does not deal with agricultural lettings, or lettings by housing
associations, local authorities or other social landlords. and im not entirely sure of your situation.

Either way it's a really shitty thing if he turns up unannounced to use the toilet (no pun intended) so you will want to get it sorted out asap. GL with it anyway.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2009, 11:41   #3
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

As Vulgar said, they can't do anything without 24 hours' notice - I used to have the same issue with my landlords, as their son lived in the house too and he generally 'forgot' to let us know that his parents were coming round to inspect things. You've got an automatic right to Quiet Enjoyment - this means not having your landlord (or anyone else) walk in on you without asking first.
Unread 3 Jun 2009, 19:48   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you can use reasonable force to evict him when he comes,

given you're a nerd who's first response was to come crying to an internet forum I would love to see you do it
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 09:56   #5
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Even nerds have their ways! Go for it Sebos, you have my support! If standing there dressed like an elf screaming lightning bolt doesn't scare the guy off, nothing will.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 12:25   #6
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Actually this is just a follow up to see what i had heard of was right, i have already made some enquiries with people i know have either done law degrees or are themselves landlords.

As for sterotyping me as an internet nerd i doubt most internet nerds are 6 1 and well built but thanks all the same .

cheers for all the advice guys
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 13:25   #7
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As for sterotyping me as an internet nerd i doubt most internet nerds are 6 1 and well built but thanks all the same .
sounds like you're the one doing the stereotyping

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 22:25   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Actually this is just a follow up to see what i had heard of was right, i have already made some enquiries with people i know have either done law degrees or are themselves landlords.

cheers for all the advice guys
yes but are you single/in london?
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 03:53   #9
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i doubt most internet nerds are 6 1 and well built but thanks all the same .
Not many are well built when they are 61.