User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jan 2020, 00:47   #1
Kez

Kez has a spectacular aura aboutKez has a spectacular aura about
London 2020

As a number of you may know I have set myself a mighty challenge of completing London 2020 marathon in a few months time. I’ve decided to do this for charity, in particular DementiaUK. The reason I chose this charity is because my Nana suffered from Vascular Dementia for a number of years before she died (further information below from a Facebook post for those interested, including explaining difference to the more common Alzheimer’s).

Anyone who has any tips/advice are welcome. I’ve started a training plan and am already ten days into it!!

If anyone would be so kind to make a donation towards it I’ve added my link below - thanks to a few pa players who have already been really kind and contributed towards it - I thank you all and will share my progress - I’ll be sacrificing a lot of time training, plan to stop drinking alcohol from the start of February and am fully committed to achieving the finish line in memory from my Nana

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...erry&pageUrl=3

There is a difference between Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia - some Alzheimer's patients can have medication that helps their cognitive state where as Vascular Dementia patients have a death sentence. They progress backwards to the point where they can't look after themselves and revert to being like a baby. But unlike a newborn they lose the ability to swallow. Then the choice must be made as to provide a feeding tube or not.
Imprisonment in one's own rapidly shrinking brain is how a doctor described it,
I wouldn't wish Vascular Dementia on my worst enemy. As the brain slowly dies, they change physically, become bedridden, can't eat or drink and eventually forget who their loved ones are.
There will be people who will scroll by this message because Dementia has not touched them. They may not know what it's like to have a loved one who has led a battle against Dementia, a cruel illness with no cure and no survivors 😥
Raise awareness for an hour.
Hold your finger on the message to copy it, then paste it on your page.
Do this on behalf of all caregivers who love, have lost or cared for someone with this disease 💔
R64 Terra - defence duties
R65 Faceless - defence duties
R66 Faceless - rank 90 (inactive half of round)
R67 Norseman - Rank 26
R68 Norseman - Rank 19
R69 P3nguins - Rank 22 - Scanner
R74 Faceless - Rank 4
R75 Heresy - Rank 15
R76 RaGe - Rank 4 - defence duties
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2020, 07:10   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: London 2020

Sounds like a good cause, good luck with the marathon! Do you already have any running experience, or are you starting pretty fresh?
Unread 10 Jan 2020, 23:08   #3
Kez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy View Post
Sounds like a good cause, good luck with the marathon! Do you already have any running experience, or are you starting pretty fresh?
I have a level of running experience having started around 18 months ago but nevertheless a marathon is a huge challenge! It’s not so much the day but it’s going to be the training - not purely the motivation but also actually physically making sure I have enough time to go do it! I’m also going to do a few other things alongside to help support it , giving up alcohol from end of this month and eating more healthier foods for example - they will be equally challenging as I live 4-5 days a week on fast food at the moment!

But it should be both rewarding from an experience and more importantly raise money towards the charity mentioned in my original post
R67 Norseman - Rank 26
R68 Norseman - Rank 19
R74 Faceless - Rank 4
R75 Heresy - Rank 15
Unread 13 Jan 2020, 08:36   #4
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

goodluck kez! i have never ran a marathon so no advice there, unfortunately. hope you raise some good money!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2020, 21:31   #5
Kez

As someone sponsored me with the name “pa player” I couldn’t thank them in person/individually. Therefore whoever that player was, it is very much appreciated.
R67 Norseman - Rank 26
R68 Norseman - Rank 19
R74 Faceless - Rank 4
R75 Heresy - Rank 15
Unread 18 Jan 2020, 14:12   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

PA players using Virgin Money Giving. All is right in the world.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2020, 12:40   #7
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

Yeah, I'm with MZ,

I might consider donating however I boycott any and all Virgin products because they are one of the most capitalist and evil companies on the planet and Richard Branson is a top class *insert insult here*

We're talking about a guy who sued the NHS because he wasn't allowed to buy it.

What's wrong with a good old gofundme page ?

Edit; Good luck though - I feel you - my grandma had dementia, and it is a truly saddening illness, one the illnesses which highlight the benefits of euthanasia in the medical profession. I wish you all the best Kev, and hope you get a nice amount of money raised
Edit; sorry for negativity above too, I just hate Virgin so much, cheeky Richard Branson just asked for 7.6 billion gvt payout due to corona virus while he has asked thousands of staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave, horrendous man.
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2020, 20:13   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

...Caj, I was just making a 'virgin gamer' joke.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote