User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Jan 2006, 03:34   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
While searching for Michael Caine....

on IMDB for a film he shot 10 mins away from my house (Children of Men), I couldn't help but wonder if this is a good idea at all....
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 10:46   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: While searching for Michael Caine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
on IMDB for a film he shot 10 mins away from my house (Children of Men), I couldn't help but wonder if this is a good idea at all....
Its an excellent idea. Bearing in mind the last one was great.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 11:40   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Its an excellent idea. Bearing in mind the last one was great.
I have to agree on that. I just watched the last one a few days ago on DVD and it really is great. I'm really looking forward to the sequal.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 11:48   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I couldn't help but wonder if this is a good idea at all....
Successful film based on enormous collection of stories that was always talked about in terms of a new series retelling of the Batman ethos gets sequel, HOLD THE PRESSES

Seriously though, what harm could it possibly do?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 14:27   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I watched Batman begins for thew first time 3 days ago and I have to say it is easily the best Batman film to date. No corny 'OMG POW' crap and weird ass neon suites or stupid cars or stupid robin. It was far 'grittier' and although the storyline had some holes (lols you cant buy a hotel with a cheque dude!) it was much better than some of the travesties that have been given the batman title.

I quite look forward to a sequal.

Oh and Christian Bale is teh ace. Go watch Equilibrium. I saw that at uni and noone had even heard of it but its better than the matrix for fighting.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 14:31   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

http://orderofthebat.ytmnd.com/
http://orderofthebatpartii.ytmnd.com/
http://orderofthebat-partiii.ytmnd.com/

compaire the batmans for yourself ( let the audio and video load properly and refresh )

watched batman begins personally, at a rather nice imax cinema in calgary
its indeed one of the better batman films, much better then anything after 'batman 2'
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 14:45   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
I watched Batman begins for thew first time 3 days ago and I have to say it is easily the best Batman film to date. No corny 'OMG POW' crap and weird ass neon suites or stupid cars or stupid robin.
You mean like the ones made by Tim Burton?
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 15:10   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I wasn't saying that Batman Begins was a bad film. I though it was easily the best film out of all the Batman films.

It's just the whole notion of sequels = bad. Generally speaking.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 15:24   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Oh and Christian Bale is teh ace. Go watch Equilibrium. I saw that at uni and noone had even heard of it but its better than the matrix for fighting.
He is a good actor but that was one of the worst films I've e.ver seen. the plot was a total rip-off, the acting and cast were pretty much appalling and there was nothing good about it in any way, shape of form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
its indeed one of the better batman films, much better then anything after 'batman 2'
It is the best Batman film by miles, although I did enjoy Batman Forever. Jim Carrey was great.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 16:27   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I wasn't saying that Batman Begins was a bad film. I though it was easily the best film out of all the Batman films.

It worked for X-men and Spiderman, so you dont have to give up hope yet.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 16:30   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
That's a confusing attitude to have.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 16:41   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Batman Begins wasn't very good. Although I'm not a major fan of Batman the character, I'd say his best outings thus far (in terms of movies/TV) have been the animated ones.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 01:36   #13
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
It worked for X-men
Not quite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
and Spiderman, so you dont have to give up hope yet.
Maybe.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 01:39   #14
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That's a confusing attitude to have.
Not really. For example, American Pie 2 was not as good as the first film. Some films were successful in sequels such as Terminator 2.
Unread 15 Jan 2006, 12:15   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Not really. For example, American Pie 2 was not as good as the first film. Some films were successful in sequels such as Terminator 2.
The number of (what I consider to be) good films that have good sequels compared to the number of good films that have bad sequels is heavily in favour of the good/good. Aliens, Terminator 2, The Godfather Part II, Spiderman 2, etc.

Obviously, bad films with bad sequels can be immediately discounted - noone's forcing you to watch them. Bad films with good sequels is a bit of a grey area, because it can mean having to watch the earlier, bad, film, but on the whole it's a decent enough situation.

Sequels are good as long as they have some kind of rhyme, reason, or proper driving force behind them. Comic book films, with their immense collective backstory and many plot lines, seem to be the ideal thing to have sequels for, at least in my opinion. Saying the whole notion of sequels is bad is a confusing idea to me, as so many sequels have been good, and I'd prefer a world with sequels to one without them.