User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:26   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] England vs Ecuador

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
What was the score in the football again?
Double you with a hat?
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:51   #52
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not sure about the level of inter-breeding - I'd say it was far more common at the time of first immigration (say, 1845 to 1920) for each ethnic group to keep to itself, even if the Irish were going at it like bunnies. Nevertheless, the timings do probably fit the population increases.
"In a span of about 100 years, the Irish American population increased to 40 million from 4.5 million because of intermarriage and strong Irish identity among mixed-heritage offspring (Hout & Goldstein, 1994)."

(quoted in : http://www.sociology.ohio-state.edu/...ns/rs-qian.pdf)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:57   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm so good I'm outlawed in forty three states
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 12:18   #54
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As to "fashion statement" ask yourself why anyone would want to say "i have english heritage "
Theres no romance about being english, probably because its not the most attractive history to attach yourself to. You wouldnt proudly announce it in Ireland, Scotland, Germany, India, Austria, Australia, many parts of Africa, France, China, and receive a unanimously warm welcome.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 12:24   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

God may have invented alcohol to stop the irish taking over the world but we're going pretty strong anyways
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 12:38   #56
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
As to "fashion statement" ask yourself why anyone would want to say "i have english heritage "
Theres no romance about being english, probably because its not the most attractive history to attach yourself to. You wouldnt proudly announce it in Ireland, Scotland, Germany, India, Austria, Australia, many parts of Africa, France, China, and receive a unanimously warm welcome.
Austria? I can understand the rest, but why Austria?
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:01   #57
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just speaking from personal experience there; i have austrian cousins, and all things english/british seem very twee to them - they are more attracted to the cultures of spain, italy etc. Obscure out of place reference i know though.

Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:08   #58
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Just speaking from personal experience there; i have austrian cousins, and all things english/british seem very twee to them - they are more attracted to the cultures of spain, italy etc. Obscure out of place reference i know though.
It just doesn't really fit with the others - where are the Austrian massacres and pillaging that we visited upon them?
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:09   #59
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It just doesn't really fit with the others - where are the Austrian massacres and pillaging that we visited upon them?
I'm pretty sure we had more than one fight with the Germanic speaking people in the last century though.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:21   #60
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm pretty sure we had more than one fight with the Germanic speaking people in the last century though.
I'm not sure WW2 counts, given the Anschluss and the dominance of Germany.

As for WW1, Austria-Hungary spent most of its time fighting Russia and the various Balkan/Eastern European states.

The Austrian Empire prior to the compromise with Hungary spent most of its time fighting France in the Napoleonic Wars. We happened to be fighting France too, so not too much in the way of bad blood there. Prior to that time, it's all about the Holy Roman Empire.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:29   #61
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
On average we pretty much like the british / english, I have no idea why, but that's the way it is (except ofc, when it comes to football, which became somewhat personal in '66)
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:35   #62
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I actually was going to ask you; are you even _that_ bothered about 66? I mean obviously its annoying you lost to a goal that wasnt over the line etc, but does it really bother you? After all, you've won 3 other world cups, knocked the english out of euro 96 on home soil, knocked them out of 90 and gone on to win the whole thing, won the last ever match at wembley, etc etc. You've pretty much "won".

The english seem to regard 1966 as the only actual world cup and the one you "really wanted" - when thats utter bollocks, surely? It was just another world cup to germany i'd think, and germany is by far the more successful footballing nation.

Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:55   #63
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

no, it's not that important, but still playing England is still something different than playing France, Brazil or Argentina.
(the same is true for the Netherlands though)
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:04   #64
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't think furball means the oirish thing in a purely genetic sense, just that its 'cool' to be irish, having one great grand father/grandfather who was expelled from britain for being shit and another from the caucasuses* or whatever is irrelevant, its better to emphasise irishness probably as some sort of universal 'white immigrant the english took our potatos' identity. Didn't john kerry claim to be irish but hes actually an asylum seeking eastern european?

besides although i support england i don't take any of this natinalness seriously, id support scotland/wales/NI at the drop of a hat, being 'english' can be taken to be twee and shit, but then again it has the most and diverse city in europe and equal to anything anywhere else. Yes Birmingham rocks kids.

* apparently in russia people from the Caucasuses are the darky subhumans, which is odd given the implication of the name elsewhere in the world.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:20   #65
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
apparently in russia people from the Caucasuses are the darky subhumans, which is odd given the implication of the name elsewhere in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
The concept of a "Caucasian race" or Varietas Caucasia (sic) was first proposed under those names by the German scientist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach (1752-1840). His studies based the classification of the Caucasian race primarily on skull features, which Blumenbach claimed were optimized by the Georgians, a people living in the Southern Caucasus. Populations, formerly called "varieties," are no longer distinguished by Latin names, according to the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature.

The reason the Caucasus had such an attraction to Blumenbach and other contemporaries was because of its proximity to Mount Ararat, where according to the Biblical account, Noah's Ark, eventually landed after the flood. Blumenbach believed that the original humans were light-skinned, that the Caucasians had retained this whiteness as a constant, and that darkness of skin was a sign of change from the original. The tribe of Japheth was supposed to have originated in the Caucasus, then spread north and westwards.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:25   #66
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
On average we pretty much like the british / english, I have no idea why, but that's the way it is (except ofc, when it comes to football, which became somewhat personal in '66)
I wish our tabloid press would act the same way .

I like Germany, I like its people and even its culture and language (despite my total inability to remember any of it). The organisation of this World Cup has been superb and it's a credit to Germany. Now if we can just get The Sun and Mirror to shut up, and perhaps then two quite similar countries can get on even better.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:25   #67
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

its always the nazis!, if only they'd looked east they'd have found a paler shade of white