User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Jun 2006, 02:17   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Office Nights Out

There are some rules when it comes to office nights out. Experience distilled into wisdom purer than the alcohol consumed. Despite the smooth nature of the advice though, for some reason the booze always seems easier to swallow.

You can’t drink when you’re asleep and you can’t be expected to stay awake for long when you start discussing your job. The first rule is no shop talk. People know what the work is like. They experience it too. They have all the same moans. Their gripes are no different from yours. Being the first rule it’s broken soonest. These people, your colleagues, all you seem to have in common is the place you spend a third of your life slowly dying in. Conversations start slowly. You need to talk about something. You decide to talk about work for just a little bit. Long enough to figure out something else to discuss. Maybe the football. Maybe not. Your plan, everybody’s plan, goes awry. Moving between groups all that’s discussed is work. Any time somebody tries to change the topic somebody else drags it right back. This goes on all night.

The boozing also goes on all night. Caution, not just your drinking arm however, needs to be exercised. Rule number two; don’t drink too much. This rule isn’t so much broken, more ignored. After all “too much” isn’t really a quantifiable amount. That’s what you tell yourself on the way to the bar anyway. Tell yourself repeatedly. At least once per journey. Eventually the distance from here to the bar gets greater. Zig zagging your way there takes longer than it used to. Then the journey becomes instantaneous. Then the licensing laws renders any journey you may wish to make to the bar pointless.

Hangovers are unpleasant but over-indulgence isn’t the only thing you can regret the next day. The final rule is don’t be a sleaze. So long as the previous rule remains intact this one tends not to get broken. The flashbacks come with the shakes as you’re lying awake, suffering in bed the following morning. Meaningful eye contact. Declarations of intent. Possessive embraces. All unwanted advances. All from you.

Although you feel like dying experience tells you that, sadly, it won’t happen.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 02:19   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Office Nights Out

Just an attempt to practise my writing by the way. Today's lesson was "try not to write anything generic". It's actually quite alot harder than i thought it would be. The following phrases all had to be scrapped;

“pearls of wisdom”

“dog with a bone”

“easier said that done”

“before you know it”

“a few too many”

“rules are made to be broken”

Anyways ...
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 02:54   #3
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

What? So there's no story of a drunken Dace needing a restraining order
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 02:59   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
What? So there's no story of a drunken Dace needing a restraining order :(

I was gonna write another blog-like article but decided to write a more general story instead.

I might write details later though.

Nothing overly bad just i'm gonna feel uncomfortable at work tomorrow *shrug*
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 08:02   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I was gonna write another blog-like article but decided to write a more general story instead.

I might write details later though.

Nothing overly bad just i'm gonna feel uncomfortable at work tomorrow *shrug*
Oh, you didn't did you ?

Or did she ?

Can we have details please ?

ta.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 11:19   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In my own case:

Beer goggles at 2am

Didn't even fancy her in the cold light of day

"I love you"

It didn't work
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 11:23   #7
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I pulled on my last work night out.

I haven't been invited on one since

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 21:32   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Today's lesson was "try not to write anything generic".
"The first rule is" theme is pretty generic. I'm sure someone has an avatar to a popular film that uses this cliche to great effect.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 21:52   #9
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thank god for civil service, eh?
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 00:32   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
"The first rule is" theme is pretty generic.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 00:49   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Anyways i'm not gonna go into any great detail about what happened. I do however want to talk about one particular thing that did happen on Saturday .

I'd been drinking since about half 3 in the afternoon. The bus which brought the group back from the boat cruise arrived at the office at 23:30 or so. Having been drinking for 8 hours not many folk wanted to go out. Even though i'd had a bit to drink* by this point i was still keen to continue the night. In the end only me and Nic went out.

Nic and Kat** are twin sisters. They are hot. VERY hot.

We're walking down the road to get to ABC, which is at the top of Sauchiehall street. We're both staggering a touch so we end up walking arm and arm. Knowing how this looks, that we're both hammered and using each other as support, as we approach the club, i kinda suggest we hold hands instead.

After pissing about at the bus trying to convince others to join us and the walk itself it was prolly about midnight when we get to the club. This is a new club in the student end of town on a Saturday night. In this kind of situation gaining entry usually proves to be ... difficult. The couple infront of us get knocked back for being too drunk. Me and Nic walk right up and right past the bouncers without them saying a word. They just look at us as we walk past.

And the point of this post, simply this. If you can i REALLY recommend getting a hot girl. Every guy should have one. They seem to make life so much simpler.

*i can remember having drunk 2 pints of stella, 8 bottles of beer and 6 double vodkas (my memory's kinda shakey though so it could have been more)

** not *that* Kat
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 01:27   #12
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And the point of this post, simply this. If you can i REALLY recommend getting a hot girl. Every guy should have one. They seem to make life so much simpler.
If only it was that damn easy.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 01:37   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If only it was that damn easy.

I appreciate that it's not gonna be easy (fixing a lottery win never is) but after my Saturday night experience i think i'm gonna try for a HOT girl!
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 01:53   #14
furball

Quote:
I appreciate that it's not gonna be easy (fixing a lottery win never is) but after my Saturday night experience i think i'm gonna try for a HOT girl!
Whenever I go out, it's with my housemates. The two females out of us four are hot. My best friend is dating one of them, so they're close on the night. My other female housemate doesn't fancy me, I don't fancy her, and we're both on the pull. But everyone just assumes we're with each other - especially when we just go out together for laughs.

Discuss, etc
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 01:57   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Whenever I go out, it's with my housemates. The two females out of us four are hot. My best friend is dating one of them, so they're close on the night. My other female housemate doesn't fancy me, I don't fancy her, and we're both on the pull. But everyone just assumes we're with each other - especially when we just go out together for laughs.

Discuss, etc :(

Pic links to hot single white female please ta.

Once the pics are had then the discussion can begin.

To be honest though it'll prolly revolve around me inviting myself down to your flat.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 02:00   #16
furball

Quote:
Pic links to hot single white female please ta.

Once the pics are had then the discussion can begin.

To be honest though it'll prolly revolve around me inviting myself down to your flat.
Ste's repeatedly called for first dibs already and it's a no-can-do situation. She's blonde, leggy, tanned and pretty hot. No pics though.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 02:03   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Ste's repeatedly called for first dibs already :rolleyes: and it's a no-can-do situation. She's blonde, leggy, tanned and pretty hot. No pics though.

"first come first served"

Tell me when you live and i'll be shinning up a drain pipe before you can say "SUPRISE SEX"

I say "say", what i really mean is "yell" though.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 02:05   #18
furball

Cardiff, and there actually is a drain-pipe next to her window I think . Adam (midge5) can confirm appropriate hotness.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 09:01   #19
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ste's repeatedly called for first dibs already and it's a no-can-do situation. She's blonde, leggy, tanned and pretty hot. No pics though.
I don't remember doing that

Anyway, usually if you look like you're with a girl on a night out it's actually easier to pull as girls think you are 'safe' and so are happy to talk to you. Then you say "oh no - that's just my house mate" and you're in.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 09:17   #20
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I don't remember doing that
http://www.plasticbrilliance.com/?q=node/50#comment-142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Anyway, usually if you look like you're with a girl on a night out it's actually easier to pull as girls think you are 'safe' and so are happy to talk to you. Then you say "oh no - that's just my house mate" and you're in.
Hmmm not bad - I just lack confidence and wish that the fairer sex would come up to me instead of me chatting them up
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 09:22   #21
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Hmmm not bad - I just lack confidence and wish that the fairer sex would come up to me instead of me chatting them up
You know, they might*.

BUT HOKEY COKEY TO TECHNO MUSIC DOES YOU NO FAVOURS.

*won't ever

Unread 6 Jun 2006, 09:43   #22
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
You know, they might*.

BUT HOKEY COKEY TO TECHNO MUSIC DOES YOU NO FAVOURS.

*won't ever
Until someone provides photographic/video evidence, I refuse to believe it. For reference, I don't remember that night past 1am - so it's highly likely that I was battered at the time.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 14:16   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the fairer sex would come up to me instead of me chatting them up
That only happens in films and with mental girls though
Unread 7 Jun 2006, 18:31   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
"first come first served"
Did you mean first served first cum?
Unread 7 Jun 2006, 20:01   #25
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Discuss, etc
yes, that kind of sucks. I go out with a friend, his gf and a friend of hers from time to time. There is just nothing possible On the other hand, I'm having a good time and I usually blow any opportunity that prestens itself anyway, so I dont mind much.