User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:14   #1
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough
Turkey - Swiss / Consequences?

After watching what happened after the game last night I still wonder what consequences this will have and what it should have...
For those of you not seeing it: The Swiss players had to flee from the pitch to avoid being hit by objects thrown from the stands and attacks by turkish players and officials (true, you can also see a swiss player kick and turkish assistant but when seeing the full clip you can see that that person tries to trip a swiss player just before). Apparently one swiss player had to be taken to a hospital because some turkish security person kicked into the spot where it hurts the most. Camera crews also were atacked and hindered to capture the events on film by the turkish police. The players could not leave the stadium for another 2 hours.
And this follows the mobbing of the swiss at the airport by officials and their bus been thrown at with stones and other objects.
Making things even worse is the fact that this is not happening for the first time. A couple of years ago a german U21 team had to flee from the pitch as well and there have been other similar events if my memory serves me right.
How long will this behaviour be tolerated without any real consequences??? In my opinion the turkish national team should at least be banned for the next EC and WC (the 2010 one) and the clubs should be banned from the european competions.

Taking this further: I know sports and politics should not be mixed, but is this really a country ready to be taken into the EU? I seriously doubt this at the moment...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:16   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Turkey - Swiss / Consequences?

That's what you get for being Swiss.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:21   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[football] tag in future please.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:23   #4
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
[football] tag in future please.
This is not purely about football...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:38   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'm happy Holland qualifed.

i'm happy about 3 Dutch coaches who also qualified with their countries (South Korea, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago).

but i'm most happy about Turkey and Morocco not going.

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:39   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe
Taking this further: I know sports and politics should not be mixed, but is this really a country ready to be taken into the EU? I seriously doubt this at the moment...
Good job you've not go carried away with this.

there are a number of reasons why turkey should not be allowed to join the EU, violence at a football game is not one of them.

By your standards Britain would have been kicked out of the EU years ago.

You've taken two completely unrelated topics and tried to integrate them into one argument when there is realy no need or reason.

You would have been better off making two seperate threads, or just forgetting the 'politics' altogether.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:40   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Turkey should have won. The swiss sucked, well, most of the game, ofc people become somewhat 'emotional' after such a game. Me personally i would have beaten up that idiot who caused the penalty after 30 secounds and the 2nd swiss-goal later on and not the swiss players, but thats just me
And its not like our football fans are much better, remember the WC in France?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:49   #8
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Good job you've not go carried away with this.

there are a number of reasons why turkey should not be allowed to join the EU, violence at a football game is not one of them.

By your standards Britain would have been kicked out of the EU years ago.

You've taken two completely unrelated topics and tried to integrate them into one argument when there is realy no need or reason.

You would have been better off making two seperate threads, or just forgetting the 'politics' altogether.
Of course the violence related to a football game cannot be taken as a lone argument for EU membership. It just fits into a pattern of behaviour that can be observed with regards to people from turkey. England and germany have both had their own fair of violence related to football. But in those countries the officials at least try to control the situation and participate in such behaviour.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 21:12   #9
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Am I really the only one to notice the Turkey - Swiss combination of fantasticalness when placed between two slices of rye bread and heated gently?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 21:30   #10
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It just fits into a pattern of behaviour that can be observed with regards to people from turkey.
I really can't decide if you are racist or just stupid.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:36   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i just love the fact that the swiss guy who got kicked needs to have a catheter in??? WTF??? seriously, how hard did the poor bastard get kicked? and to cap it all off, he was an unused sub not his night at all
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:38   #12
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I really can't decide if you are racist or just stupid.
nah, not stupid. since i am from germany it must be racism. must be the nazi genes in my family...
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:08   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Am I really the only one to notice the Turkey - Swiss combination of fantasticalness when placed between two slices of rye bread and heated gently?
With such a title it should have at least carried a [NOT ABOUT SANDWICHES] discalimer. I had just had a nice turkey sandwich and was wondering whether I had mad a mistake in not adding a bit of cheese when I came across this thread.

Thread did not deliver.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:30   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
With such a title it should have at least carried a [NOT ABOUT SANDWICHES] discalimer. I had just had a nice turkey sandwich and was wondering whether I had mad a mistake in not adding a bit of cheese when I came across this thread.

Thread did not deliver.
Dude, its always a mistake not to add a bit of cheese, its the rule I live my life by.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:33   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Dude, its always a mistake not to add a bit of cheese, its the rule I live my life by.
It's like the question should I have a beer with this? The answer is always yes.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:48   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i just love the fact that the swiss guy who got kicked needs to have a catheter in??? WTF??? seriously, how hard did the poor bastard get kicked? and to cap it all off, he was an unused sub not his night at all
He got kicked in the bollocks.
Done by a professional footballer (paid to kick effectively) it's quite easy to imagine...

Anyway, if this had been English fans doing this we would have already been kicked out of the world cup and banned from all internationals for a few years.
I really don't think our fans are any worse than some of the other countries... they just get more attention

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:39   #17
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is one place where the US is impeccable. We have virtually no football fans and mock those who do.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 03:03   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Long hail Turkey, the finest democracy on earth...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4447868.stm
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 12:34   #19
All Systems Go

Quote:
nah, not stupid. since i am from germany it must be racism. must be the nazi genes in my family...
Oh I see. thank you for clearing that up.

You are both stupid AND racist.
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 12:38   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I remember reading somewhere that Turkish hooliganism is linked with ultra-right nationalist elements/groups. So no surprise there, and probably similar to most European football holliganism.

However, the allegation is that these right-wing groups are either directly linked to the police/security services or act with relative impunity. That seems to push it much closer to a "Latin American model" (sup Colombia) rather than a few overweight Millwall fans chanting racist crap at a football match.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 17:33   #21
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

At least we've got the islamic turkish violence out the way BEFORE germany 2006. Who knows what those ****ing assholes would have done there.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote