User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 May 2006, 20:17   #1
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Some old PA-Relics I came across

While going through an old harddrive today, I came across some gems I have not seen in years. Some images, some samples of webdesign, some early design-documents, budgets, plans and whatnot.
From 1999.
From before there was a Planetarion, and long before there was a Fifth Season.

I found some pieces of unreleased graphics, and some insane ship-designs, and actually some old design-ideas that were lost somewhere in time that we meant to include.

The level of crappyness, but nostalgia, is there for those who were there to witness it.

If you dare to have a look, there may be some laughs for those who look carefully in documents and on screen-samples.

Its all right here: Old Planetarion Stuff

- Spinner (I'm probably an old relic too by now)
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:19   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Some old PA-Relics I came across

ahh this takes me back

cheers spinner

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:21   #3
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Hehe, some of them are quite good, yes (-:
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:27   #4
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

some nice stuff there

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:51   #5
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

oh the memorys
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:53   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

btw I thought you were talking about Zeus when I first read the topic

what with your search for him on GD

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 21:01   #7
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Hehehehe
Unread 8 May 2006, 21:31   #8
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

I see Spinner is registered in March 2000. Is that when these boards were reset? I remember having to re-register in here back in the days (I was annoyed, as 2-3 other guys were using my nick back then).

Xeno
Unread 8 May 2006, 22:02   #9
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Nope, March 2000 is when the PA forum opened up for the first time, I belive. At least these. We had some other forum system in December 1999 to February 2000.
Unread 8 May 2006, 22:05   #10
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
We had some other forum system in December 1999 to February 2000.
That's it, then. It was impossible to be noticed back then, so here goes: I officially troutslap you for it.

Xeno
Unread 8 May 2006, 22:36   #11
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Those are great Spinner, a trip down memory lane

I've gotten many reminiscent hours from browsing the web archive for various PA sites, in particular the archive for metal.planetarion.com.

Aah, such memories...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 23:00   #12
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
That's it, then. It was impossible to be noticed back then, so here goes: I officially troutslap you for it.

Xeno
You played in round 1? (sorry if I should have known, its been 6 years!)
Unread 8 May 2006, 23:01   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

/me pokes Spinner to fix a bug
Unread 8 May 2006, 23:38   #14
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
/me pokes Spinner to fix a bug
Hehehe...

I'll bet one of the following are true:

- The bug was made by me
- The bug wasn't made by me, but is triggered by some old code that I wrote due to dependancies
- Sod off, Spinner sucks anyway (-:

And I know the following is true:

- Spinner doesn't have a clue about Planetarion anymore

So, sure, whats the bug? (-:

Spinner
- Now making bugs in ManagerLeague
Unread 9 May 2006, 00:03   #15
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

lol, i just found some PA clone cloned even the name! the old name of the clone when it started was "planetarium" i always thought it was cos of the original Planetarion name.

Anyone got that "Do you have a planet yet" tshirt? got one around here and dont remember if there was others or they used to sell only that one

[edit]: in case Spinner not planning to keep this page hosted for good would be nice to see th material added to PA Wiki or some other fan page ;/

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2006, 00:41   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Hehehe...

I'll bet one of the following are true:

- The bug was made by me
- The bug wasn't made by me, but is triggered by some old code that I wrote due to dependancies
- Sod off, Spinner sucks anyway (-:

So, sure, whats the bug? (-:

Spinner
- Now making bugs in ManagerLeague
I was actually referring to the bug in ML I mailed you about earlier But sure, the bug was made by you and you suck anyway (as you put it yourself)
Unread 9 May 2006, 01:04   #17
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Those were the days...

Do you by any chance have the date and year of when every round started as long as you were running things?
Unread 9 May 2006, 11:22   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Some good ideas in those that aren't in PA. Why?
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:28   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread needs more mentioning of the Burp! page.
Unread 11 May 2006, 15:02   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the first official front page sure kills the current one
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 15:41   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Nope, March 2000 is when the PA forum opened up for the first time, I belive. At least these. We had some other forum system in December 1999 to February 2000.
That was a pro forum you didn't have to sign up to post and you could impersonate people ! Much more comedy than this one. You should have kept those cool graphics on the Construction page for Round 1.

Say what you want about the later rounds but the first few you did a really good job, Planetarion was a great (and fun) game to play.

Last edited by Hicks; 11 May 2006 at 15:49.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 16:44   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Spinner those images you have labeled as Round 2, you sure they arent r1's graphics. After all the splash page for r2 does state the rounds called "The beginning"

As for the dates of signup for the forum, I'm not sure but I seem to recall when I signed up around Feb2000 the forum was here but was using the UBB forum software and then at some point in that year it was moved to vBulletin which caused some problems and the signup dates got screwed up. Atlleast I seem to recall a huge uproar on the forums from everyone who lost theif feb and march signup dates.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 11 May 2006 at 16:50.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2006, 01:01   #23
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

remembering stuff from there makes me feel old

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2006, 07:38   #24
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
This thread needs more mentioning of the Burp! page.
Hell yes.

I'm guessing Spinner & co should've copyrighted it, as it was the most amusing (yet frustrating) piece of planetarion I remember oh-so-well.

Ah.... back in the day, where I couldn't launch my attack due to the fact it took 7 minutes to open the correct page, due to excessive amounts of fleets flying around (a lot to my own planet ironically) and by that time, the tick had already passed :P
Unread 12 May 2006, 14:19   #25
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

How I'we missed those backwards smiley's (-:
Nice to see your still around Spinner :)
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:40   #26
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

I got goosebumps when I saw the rnd 4 techtree!

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 18:47   #27
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Memories..

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 18:53   #28
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Long live Spinner

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2006, 21:00   #29
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
[url]also, can you please confirm/deny that round1's mail/news tabs had a yellow highlight when updated...
Is this a 'subtle' attempt to drive Spinner away again?

I miss tech trees.
Unread 17 May 2006, 23:41   #30
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

LIES!

anymore is not a valid word here.
Unread 18 May 2006, 08:55   #31
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

oo aye the good ol days of

science or war

/me reminisces (or howeva u spell it)
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2006, 09:15   #32
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Nice nice nice Spinner!

You dont have the rest of the bot planet code in your backpocket ? ;>
Unread 21 May 2006, 13:34   #33
Kilroy Murdoch

Can't the next round of PA just be an exact replica of Round 4? It would make my year. Go back to the days when there were tens of thousands of people playing....It was flawed, but those flaws made it great.
Unread 21 May 2006, 13:45   #34
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

What a great idea, if PATeam supply the code, will you supply the extra 6000 players?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2006, 00:11   #35
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

God i loved the old tech tree .. thats a plesant walk down memory lane on a christmas eve :-)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 22:48   #36
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Oh wow, those bring back some memories. Some nice graphics/picts.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote