User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Dec 2008, 08:01   #1
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light
Who did something interesting this round?

So being Ascendancy I usually pride myself with being part of an innovative gang of clowns that enjoy a good round of shenanigans. This round we sucked. I think the most interesting thing we did was get a bunch of good late signups, other than that our round was pretty much pure old school boredom.

So far omb (mostly) and Reese (to an extent) top my list of contenders for 'coolest move of the round', though a bunch of Power Rangers wannabes from my alliance have whinged non-stop about how terrible people these two were.

So what haven't I heard about that's cool?
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 09:16   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Who did something interesting this round?

One of the main reasons I'm just scanning these days is that I can't find any weird new strategies to amaze people with any more.

I keep having nightmares of CT suddenly coming up with 40m score, 6 ticks before round end. If they pull that off, that'll definitely be very cool.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 11:23   #3
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

I overslept my first attempt to suicide my fleet!

Wake up Lemmings :-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 16:59   #4
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

My vote goes to CT for the phenomenal speed with which they jumped onto the fence when the rest of us turned our attention from Denial to Asc.

If they'd joined us (instead of napping Asc) they'd only have had to compete with ND for the #1 spot. The worst that could have happened to them was to finish in 2nd place - which was the best they could expect after agreeing the NAP.

Ah well.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 18:14   #5
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

He asked for something interesting, not this kind of crap.

And no, except for the c200 thing and a couple of random crashes, there hasn't really been any interesting going on. Although, kind of funny when that gal all went into vac mode when they were getting incs, knowing that they'd only be in it for like 20 ticks.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 18:59   #6
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
True - but he did make the mistake of asking in Alliance Discussions.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 20:12   #7
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

HR went to war with ASS!!!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 22:19   #8
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post

And no, except for the c200 thing and a couple of random crashes, there hasn't really been any interesting going on. Although, kind of funny when that gal all went into vac mode when they were getting incs, knowing that they'd only be in it for like 20 ticks.
We never had a dull moment in 7:8 - EDRAMA

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 22:29   #9
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

horn was my interesting part of the round.

My attack partner crashed over 1M value then rage quit, I miss him dearly.
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 23:22   #10
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

5:3 in terms of emorage and emoquit, and 7:8 for theatrical edrama (the vacationmode stunt and more) xD

as jelle said, never a dull moment !
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 23:30   #11
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

RageIV emocrashing on CarDi!
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 00:03   #12
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I didn't upgrade my account and it felt great!

And I didn't crash my fleet! (so far)

Awesome aye!
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 01:22   #13
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

i crashed 1mil yet didn't emoquit like most ppl would. and if asc sucked so much how did they win O.o

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores

Last edited by vuLgAr; 19 Dec 2008 at 01:33.
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 01:31   #14
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

I tried to blackmail elviz, which blew up in my face quite badly. Then HR went to war with us, then its was a free for all on my planet

Good times had by all!

O yea, and I crashed 1/2mil value of widows on a Xan because I forgot to take them outta my fleet :s Live and learn.

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 04:18   #15
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

HellKicker SKed me!

so yeah, pretty boring for me

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 12:32   #16
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

from what I've read on the forum; the innovative use of C200 seems to have been the coolest thing this round, although it seemed to backfire on Reese which was pretty funny shit.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 13:30   #17
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker View Post
RageIV emocrashing on CarDi!
That was aswell only "interesting" thing in my round.
Rock HDC ... pfft
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 13:48   #18
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
My vote goes to CT for the phenomenal speed with which they jumped onto the fence when the rest of us turned our attention from Denial to Asc.

If they'd joined us (instead of napping Asc) they'd only have had to compete with ND for the #1 spot. The worst that could have happened to them was to finish in 2nd place - which was the best they could expect after agreeing the NAP.

Ah well.
Yeah, that was real crazy. Wild bunch those CT guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
HR went to war with ASS!!!!
That was actually cool. Cudos to HR on their declaration of war.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 14:09   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I remember looking at the HR vs ASS thing after five days and HR had done pretty well, 5 days of roid losses or so for ASS and HR positive on 3 days out of 5 or something.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 15:47   #20
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

tho it was 2 alliances pounding us. But good job regardless.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 15:56   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
Who else was involved? I thought I read a HR post saying they were solo.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 16:20   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ascendancy, wasn't it?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 16:28   #23
Star

Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Now that deserves a "lol".

HR feels like two alliances... think that's a compliment.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 16:30   #24
Exha|e

Exha|e is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hehe, i love these so called reasons, wich in fact are just poor excuses

KB came to us, practicaly begging us to decleare a war (Where you that sure you were gonna have a walk in the park?) We took KB's hint, and we started fireing, and after that, i've seen to many excuses to even try to count em, but it all breaks down to one fact.

You were all to slow moveing ASSes

Nevertheless, thanks for the fight, i had a blast, the best thing was KB not likeing ASS fleet names, tho half of ASS have had em all round, and face it, an alliance named ASS is bound to have some "funny" fleetnames targeted at them selfs
R21 - R28 HR DC
R29 - HR HC
R47 -> HR peon
Exha|e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 16:30   #25
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

HR and ReSa obviously!
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 16:45   #26
Star

Star is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
HR and ReSa obviously!
ReSa was 60+ members.

About 15 are in HR.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 17:25   #27
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I meant the to indicate sarcasm
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 18:45   #28
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

My bad, (stupid) miswraith talking about xvx on their war announcement.

Perhaps I should read more closely and play more actively.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 18:55   #29
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

alliance v's alliance, we were fairly evenly matched - no help, apart from ingal def on both our sides, it was interesting, it certainly from our POV kept the end of round inevitable slacking off by players at bay.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 19:54   #30
GreenPez

GreenPez is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
alliance v's alliance, we were fairly evenly matched - no help, apart from ingal def on both our sides, it was interesting, it certainly from our POV kept the end of round inevitable slacking off by players at bay.
haha didnt work for us! fun to battle tho (even if i'm the only one online sending out def fleets :P)

***note this is somewhat tongue in cheek, as we had many contributors to def :P (except for Fatrick)
GreenPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 05:17   #31
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

no LMD?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote