User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 10 Dec 2008, 00:59   #101
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice
Re: 5:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
so did google tell you what cowardice means caj?
i was looking for one of funky images other gals have but decided to create my own, and it fit well with the theme of the gal pic..

which i regretably removed due to constant whinging from baasb about his beloved reese! eromance?
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 01:08   #102
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
2-3 weeks of being targetted (NOTE: no P!) by (at different times!) 5 alliances (most of which wouldnt defend us ingal either, something asc heavy gals don't suffer from). We had 2 nights in this period without ANY alliance TARGETTING Denial. Ascendancy had 3/4 allies hit them for 4 nights, a couple of gals hit on a couple of other nights (gal raids, omg!).

Well done for winning the round, but missrepresenting the facts (I apologise if its a case of you just not knowing them but then just stfu) to make yourself look better (and your beaten opponents worse) is kind of pathetic.. cant you just let the rankings speak? You took advantage of favourable circumstances, were able to grow big untouched, took A LOT of incomings for 4 nights (managing pretty unbelievable activity in defence) and won the round.. well done, lets not sugar coat it.
You see, to me this just proves the whole point I made in my earlier post. We've been targeted for the last 2-3 weeks also, some days more heavy than others and that's totally normal for the current #1 ally. Sure you had a decent amount of inc, but that was due to having fat planets and by far the best start out of any alliance. I'm not sure how its still a surprise this comes back to bite you, since the exact same thing has happend in earlier rounds. Effectively I'm guessing (and someone that did asc politics at the time feel free to correct me) we hit you co-ordinated with other alliances on 3-4 nights.

It's just so typical denial to blame having more incoming than another alliance on why they failed to win, its getting very old, very fast, every alliance has incs, deal with it. Your own alliance offered us a cease-fire while we were still on the backfoot.. instead of blaming the whole uni for being stupid, look long and hard at your own shortcomings, most noteably how certain HC's have acted all round, how targeting aud was a major political mistake long term and finally how your members posting on this board make you look. (bitter and clueless btw)

If you got problems getting in gal def, maybe tell your members to bp together instead of trying to build a gal fence.. There is a reason why 6-9 man asc gals end up high every round and its not because of lack of inc. We didn't win the round in the 4 nights of heavy inc, we won it by being consistant on def every night and thereby keeping people motivated even if they lost roids, people are much more willing to wake up and send 3 def fleets if they know other people in the alliance would do the same for them, my feeling is that this could never happen in denial.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 01:13   #103
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
On a sidenote you also have completly rejects like CBA, but i guess that is to even things out.
heh i guess i aint really tried much this round, sending too much defence etc and i crashed ALOT of value but im fairly sure my planet is higher ranked then yours.... by a long way

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 01:23   #104
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
(1:10 was a clear signal even at t150 of how asc was going).
I take full credit for that. By that stage Achi still hadnt landed an attack and JBG still couldnt prod ships.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 02:30   #105
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
A lot of unnecessary
Congrats on proving my point, you can't just let it rest and let the rankings speak, its always gotta be about a big e-penis show to convince everyone how much better you are, the rest of your bum buddies managed to avoid the bait in my post, I guess thats why you traditionally post less for Ascendancy than the rest of them as you're just not as good. Well done on arguing against facts (armed with a bunch of nonsense and further insults/accusations) and a genuine congratulations tho.
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 05:58   #106
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Congrats on proving my point, you can't just let it rest and let the rankings speak, its always gotta be about a big e-penis show to convince everyone how much better you are, the rest of your bum buddies managed to avoid the bait in my post, I guess thats why you traditionally post less for Ascendancy than the rest of them as you're just not as good. Well done on arguing against facts (armed with a bunch of nonsense and further insults/accusations) and a genuine congratulations tho.
Thanks for admitting the ultimate truth

Ascendancy > Denial

Unread 10 Dec 2008, 06:55   #107
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't ever post for Ascendancy, I post for myself. And just because you got no real answers doesn't mean you should stoop to personal insults, we've seen before how inaccurate denial "facts" really are

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 09:51   #108
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
Is a fking emo.
Mail spamming like a newb. Expected more from a experienced player.
:crymeariver: :P Thx for recalling btw, theres not too many people left playing who dont put themselves first, esp when they dont owe another anything.

Which brings me to Denial. Seeing as the topic has "evolved" from 5:3 perhaps this post wont be out of place. In my limited experience working with many of Denial's HC, in either Denial or Urwins (the best part of 3 rounds?), i found that HC received better treatment than the vast majority of their allies members.

In some cases HC gals where deemed to be off limits with regards to alliance attacks, while non HC members didnt recieve the same privilege. The amount of defense that HC get compared to other members can at times be disproportionate. Allthough it can be argued that this is reasonable because more often than not HC are closer to the top end of the rankings, i wonder if they get defense because of their rankings, or get rankings because of the defense....

R27 Post prod "haxoring" i news scanned 2 HC and found them being donated rediculous amounts of resources from the ally fund. Surely this had benfits for the ally, but i strongly doubt that the major motivation for donating the resources to themselves was to benefit the ally, before themselves.

Also in r27 i spent a short time in the DC chan, during a self imposed PA free break, i noticed one particular HC ignoring open def calls and letting them go uncalced/undefended, while attempting to get a group of players together for agame of DoTA in #denial.gaming. The very next day this same HC had incomings himself and was quite actively DCing, though, only his own incomings

Theres no lack of examples of selfishness, but i think ill leave it there before im accused of bitterness......Hangon....

As for Ascendancy, they are a team, a collective of individually talented players yes, but still, a team. Denial on the other hand, are not. 5:3 appeared as if they where, but when push came to shove, we saw what happened.

Without harping on about it, teamwork is one of the most important facets to PA, without good teamwork, you will not succeed, as an individual, or a group.

There is a saying, goes something like "There is no I in TEAM." Which is true, but there is one in Denial D:
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 10:03   #109
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He did nothing that you did not do.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 11:19   #110
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
<@Munin> epenis for golan is 678266 score long. This makes golan rank: 13 for epenis in Ascendancy!

It's not that big...
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 11:37   #111
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master View Post
<@Munin> epenis for golan is 678266 score long. This makes golan rank: 13 for epenis in Ascendancy!

It's not that big...
Unfortunately, ive been told otherwise D:
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 12:40   #112
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Unfortunately, ive been told otherwise D:
So av I!!!

Unread 10 Dec 2008, 17:32   #113
Memtok

Memtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura about

too funny.

5.3 made me giggle.
Unread 12 Dec 2008, 01:26   #114
Zotnam
Over the moon

This thread got boring, now we need a 7:8 thread instead.. Seriously though, when "top" gals are so poor they run away one way or another because of facing incoming it makes me question why they even play the game.. Incoming is part of being on top, regardless of it being as planet, galaxy or alliance.

Planets.

Those damn emp races..
Unread 12 Dec 2008, 02:34   #115
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

Quote:
This thread got boring, now we need a 7:8 thread instead.. Seriously though, when "top" gals are so poor they run away one way or another because of facing incoming it makes me question why they even play the game.. Incoming is part of being on top, regardless of it being as planet, galaxy or alliance.
yeh man

the maturity of players and ability to stare in the face of incoming and take it and pick yourself back up

seems to be lacking, a great deal
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2008, 08:07   #116
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

When your refering to maturity it makes me think of only one alliances after watching this forum And i know who you think it is, but your wrong Caj
Unread 12 Dec 2008, 08:18   #117
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh man, that is epic.

Quote:
When your refering to maturity it makes me think of only one alliances after watching this forum And i know who you think it is, but your wrong Caj
How about you take your trolling crusade elsewhere, mm?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2008, 11:13   #118
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
How about you take your trolling crusade elsewhere, mm?
There is no where else to take it, unless you want me in your private asc channel. But i dont wanna make u ppl cry :P