User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 25 Jul 2011, 17:21   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Alliance/Galaxy defense fleets

As discussed off topic on the night shift thread, this is a little different subject and an approach so I've made it a very own thread for all you active players to spew trash on.

Account sharing has been a plague to the game for a long time, more or less it's whole life span. It has been perceived as against the rules, but due to technology running ages ahead of a browser game, there's really nothing you can do about it.

To encouraging keeping it on a contained level and adding a team play perspective to the game, I'm advocating making sharing allowed to an extent. The idea is fairly simple: either you add a fourth fleet slot or sanction fleet slots for alliance or galaxy defense use. This'd mean you'd assign fleets to a slot as per usual, and tick it on a 'galaxy' or 'alliance defense mode' (or alternatively, both).

Fleets designated to such use would become available to selected alliance staff members or galaxy officials solely for defensive missions. An alliance (or galaxy) official could then, seeing incoming fleets reported on a member, assign specific defense fleets to a defense mission without the member needing to wake up, log in to launch the fleet.

To clear further, I am essentially suggesting that players could sanction parts of their fleets to be remote used by their fellow players that have the elected ability to do so. Of course, things can go wrong, fleets can die, moan can happen, and so on. If it seems to make defending 'too easy', parameters like ship statistics can be adjusted to contain this potential problem.

Yes, it would make defending easier. But it would at least maintain a social group approach in it, and it would possibly allow even smaller alliances or galaxies that do not benefit from the full tag of their players being highly active to adequately defend themselves. All in all, it would make team defending easier, assuming you're part of such a team and trust the team enough to allow them to use your sanctioned fleets.

That's all.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 18:37   #2
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: Alliance/Galaxy defense fleets

i agree with the idea 100%. nothing to do with cheating and accounting sharing reasons, more because it creates more reason for alliances and galaxies, galaxies especially, to work together. there is already an alliance tax, bring in a galaxy tax in the same way, then give ministers and alliance HC the ability to do res/con and then build ships. these ships can then be used by those with permission for defence only.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 20:06   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, I guess we could do this. I don't think it'll make the game much better, nor much worse. It's just another thing. Fine with me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 21:25   #4
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Fully agree with this, in terms of the additional fleet slots you mentioned, I would stick to just 3.. but make 4 or even 5 a researchable addition. Should bring some new interesting tactics about, and it stops players bitching if alliance use fleet slots while they sleep/work and people can't attack as much as they'd like. (I'd make them 7000+ RP so they can't be rushed for abuse early on).

There is one more suggestion that can be rolled into this and that is shared scanning. Add scan requests to the alliance page which are carried out automatically by alliance scanners even if they aren't logged in (prioritizing who carries out the scan is up for discussion, not sure on this).

Yes this would be heavily automated, but allows scanners, who currently get little to no enjoyment out of the game to actually sleep without being called every 2 hours.

I think these changes would make defence easier at night and in conjunction with the removal of PL or some kind of night time protection make the game easier on casual players.
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 23:56   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Fully agree with this, in terms of the additional fleet slots you mentioned, I would stick to just 3.. but make 4 or even 5 a researchable addition.
Yeah, if you'd want to expand the research idea you could easily start off the game with just one fleet slot - and then research up more. Maybe pace up research to compensate, but more 'clear' options in the research three that 'distinctively' change your planet's behavior would be good (by change of behavior I mean - minings and roid caps aren't 'that' interesting, being able to build different ships, ships traveling faster and so so are just more 'flashy').

Quote:
There is one more suggestion that can be rolled into this and that is shared scanning. Add scan requests to the alliance page which are carried out automatically by alliance scanners even if they aren't logged in (prioritizing who carries out the scan is up for discussion, not sure on this).
This becomes a little bit of an off topic but it's interesting.

The whole scan system would need to be somewhat revised, in my opinion. At some point I was toying with a thought of tossing the entire scan tree (and possibly covert operations tree and giving it a little bit of an extra punch) to the alliance options too, so that your alliance would have it's own research tree. Scans could then be done by selected individuals with access and charged from the alliance fund (which would be funded by planets).

The inherent issue with scans are that it 'requires' a scan planet - the idea is nice, but since it's a team game, it ultimately always boils down to someone having to sacrifice his planetary success to others (too much, in my opinion). I remember some LCH bloke with a strange name that was in a gal with me and Satyr and Greenhills making it to something bizarre like top30 as a scanner but he was weird and he did it his own strange way. But these are exceptions.

Without mentioning the fact that new players are stuck without scans or have crippled planets because they don't scan and so so.
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 23:58   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i agree with the idea 100%. nothing to do with cheating and accounting sharing reasons, more because it creates more reason for alliances and galaxies, galaxies especially, to work together. there is already an alliance tax, bring in a galaxy tax in the same way, then give ministers and alliance HC the ability to do res/con and then build ships. these ships can then be used by those with permission for defence only.
Yeah, it's a little different, but possibly you could extrapolate the idea into having galactic fleets too.

Anything that increases the incentive and makes it easier to cooperate and coordinate is a positive thing.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 01:42   #7
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I've been thinking about the whole scan thing a little, maybe amps could be cumulative within the alliance; so when you scan you do so with every amp in the alliance (technically could make sense as the "waves" are reflected off each alliance planet to cover more of the "universe") thus scanning becomes a team effort within the alliance and off the head of 1 person. You can have scanner planets, or ask everyone to build a few every week or so.

This adds an interesting dynamic, but distorters become pointless to build unless they become cumulsative too. Perhaps fiddle with the formula for dists, although this is starting to go deep so I can make a seperate topic for this if you wish.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 10:01   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Scan thread becomes a very different subject. And still, someone needs to rush the tech tree.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 12:15   #9
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

What I like about this suggestion is that no longer planets ingal will not be able to defend their galaxy friends against their own alliance !

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:51   #10
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

I am sure that in more than 40 rounds of pa this issue has been discussed many times. Please use the search function and contribute your thoughts to the according thread, Tietäjä!

You love to moan about others but you now show you don't care for your own rules. Very consistent behaviour if you ask me...

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 13:53   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
I am sure that in more than 40 rounds of pa this issue has been discussed many times. Please use the search function and contribute your thoughts to the according thread, Tietäjä!

You love to moan about others but you now show you don't care for your own rules. Very consistent behaviour if you ask me...
Please use it for me and point a case of interest. Otherwise, sod off bitch.
Unread 29 Jul 2011, 14:57   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Nice idea, but what has it do with cheating and the prevention of it?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2011, 15:32   #13
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

aye... what was considered cheating in the past can just be made a feature of the game, and "cheating" will no longer be cheating.
Notifications sent to email addresses, fleets controlled by "buddies"... just 1 step away from reintroducing bot planets.
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
= Audentes Fortuna Iuvat =
Sir Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2011, 15:49   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Nice idea, but what has it do with cheating and the prevention of it?
By allowing people to cooperate through coordinated fleets the incentive to account share through VNC systems is reduced. As a former multihunter you'd be ignorant not to understand that no matter how much you like to think this is being prevented facts are it's not.

People would have the ability to do the fleet sharing via actual cooperation instead of pure account control, which would of course constitute as cheating by current rules, but since it's not really possible to enforce sharing (except for those people who do it blunt), this would change the scenario in a fashion where everyone, not just high tech 'cheaters' could do it, and legally. (you'd probably understand this especially since the rounds you list as your head MH rounds include rounds that were festered with technology enabled account sharing of large scale, and we all know you didn't catch 'even near' all of them).

The account sharing happens due to activity requirements of a 24/7 game (see the night time protection thread). Allowing this through a controlled method for all players would reduce the edge 'high end players' have due to their available time and superior tools to pull sharing off, and would somewhat reduce the need to constantly wake up at night. I perceive these as positive effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mordred
Notifications sent to email addresses, fleets controlled by "buddies"... just 1 step away from reintroducing bot planets.
Not quite, however, since there's the human component involved in building fleets, selecting ships for defensive fleets, and allocating these. Of course it is 'closer'.
Unread 29 Jul 2011, 16:02   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Mordred View Post
aye... what was considered cheating in the past can just be made a feature of the game, and "cheating" will no longer be cheating.
"It's bad because it's illegal" is turning the world upside down. This is how it works: "it's bad, so we'll make it illegal". If you think this is a bad suggestion, explain why, don't just spew platitutes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 Jul 2011, 16:04   #16
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Nice idea i like it , couple of suggestions , add a 4th fleet slot either through research or already there , 1 fleet slot can be used by ally and 1 by gal leaving each planet with 2 free slots to use ,

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2011, 12:06   #17
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Would possibly be cool if allainces could assign a percentage of members with an extra fleet slots maybe. Would make active defenders more useful and not be wasted on inactives?

Maybe allainces could have a research path themselves which opens up this ability or possible its could be a reward for completing a task? i dunno like avg roid count over 500? or 40 members recruited... something like that. Not so it hampers smaller alliances to much but so it helps the larger and invariably more active and politically involved alliances to have added bonuses.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2011, 19:46   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just had to do some tidying; if you aren't contributing to a thread, don't post please.
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 17:16   #19
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Just had to do some tidying; if you aren't contributing to a thread, don't post please.

So contributing is saying how good idea this is?
I guess freedom of speech doesn't count here, only if you are supportive.

I think this is a bad idea for the game simple. How this isn't contributing i don't understand.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2011, 04:42   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The idea is that you provide arguments for your point of view, not just go LOL IT SUCKS.