User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 31 May 2010, 23:24   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaving teaching?

My contract is up this summer.

I've been working with kids aged 6-8 since november. I have been teaching maths, norwegian and english. I have not studied these subjects at university level, but that has not been any problem. However, my variant of PGCE (or how it's spelled), was focused on kids aged 13 to 19. It does give me the license to teach from 11 to 19, so I've been teaching outside that limit.

It's certainly been interesting and I had to learn a lot of new things.

Right now I am on strike. The teachers got offered 0.9% payrise and a pot of 1.3% for local rises. However, we have no control over the pot, so many teachers may see little from it. The last six years, the teachers have gotten 14% less than other public sectors employees. And in turn, the private sector have gotten more than the public.

Considering the situation in our schoolsystem and how rotten the employer is, I'm starting to consider leaving teaching.

But what shall I do then? What other jobs could be suitable?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote