User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:33   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
We got absolutely wasted last night...

I don't drink a lot regularly (although I drink regularly). Anyway, we went to a bar/club/thing last night and arrived to find that between 8pm and 9pm all drinks were 2-for-1 plus various things were on offer... So I got the first round in...

2x Double Tequila
2x Double Vodka
2x Becks
4x VK
2x Red Bull

Total - £13 !!!

This was the FIRST round (between 4 of us). I had the two Becks and two Tequilas (Jose Cuervo Traditional ofc!)

About an hour later, it all got a bit blurred!

At 3am, I met another mate. We smoked of the herb (superbly skunky!) and drank whisky.

I collapsed around 5am. Oh and lost about £20 and my switch card someplace...

I woke up very ill at about 9am I spewed in the loo and a bucket.

We decided to make a photo guide to recovering from hangovers... Basically you need to drink lots of juice, take some paracetamol (NOT asprin cos it upsets your stomach) and you need to take a very hot bath with cold fresh air. Here's the proof that this works!!!

[Before]
[Hot Bath & Lots of Juice]
[After]

And now I can't sleep and will spend the rest of the week trying to recover from the weekend

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:35   #2
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Argh, my eyes

You sure that's juice?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:40   #3
Mong
Forever Delayed

It's Asda's "Fresh" Apple Juice. Does look a bit disturbing!!!

Heh, ever done a #2 and spewed at the same time? I HAVE

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:41   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
It's Asda's "Fresh" Apple Juice. Does look a bit disturbing!!!

Heh, ever done a #2 and spewed at the same time? I HAVE

M.
I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:41   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Unfortunately I am in that very special club too.

It's not a pleasant experience is it?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:42   #6
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts
Re: We got absolutely wasted last night...

Quote:

I woke up very ill at about 9am I spewed in the loo and a bucket.
Thank you so very much
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:43   #7
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Thank you so very much
It's not like you didn't know what you were going to see.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:44   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
I was expecting to see a nice matching toilet/bucket combo, maybe with a frilly mat around the base of the loo.

I was in fact confronted with vomit.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:46   #9
sayonara
Shai Halud

lol

":eek: GD posters in descriptive link shocker"
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:49   #10
Mong
Forever Delayed

And for my next trick... I'll post a pic of me spewing anc crapping at the Same Time !!!

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:51   #11
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I was expecting to see a nice matching toilet/bucket combo, maybe with a frilly mat around the base of the loo.

I was in fact confronted with vomit.
But I quite clearly described it as a pic of my vomit!

/me applauds sayonara!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:53   #12
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
/me applauds sayonara!
/me blushes
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:54   #13
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I wanted to see vomit. I was genuinley thanking Mong.
Jeez.....
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:55   #14
sayonara
Shai Halud

And thats better?

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:56   #15
Idi

ice cold coca cola is the only way to beat a hang over.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 00:57   #16
sayonara
Shai Halud

I have heard this a lot.

But I don't think the caffiene would help...

Any studies been done on that?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:00   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Yuck!
You knew people just HAD to click that link, did you not?
I did not even want to...
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:04   #18
paul4289

Thumbs down

that is the worst thing u have done mong argh
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:05   #19
Mong
Forever Delayed

Caffine is good cos it perks you up. I forgot to mention that after the bath I had a large coffee with no milk and lots of sugar, and went for a brisk walk.

I recommend a book called "Pssst!" by some Doctor who used to be on TV. All about drink. Especially how to recover :-D

I have developed a Recovery Sandwich. It goes;

Bacon, two rashers
Egg, one, large
Bread, two slices
Cheese, grated/sliced
Salsa, "Jabenero" preferrably

Cook the bacon and the egg. Then at the last minute, put the cheese on the egg. Meanwhilst, toast the bread and then smear liberally with the salsa. You can either have mega-hot (like Jabanero, or something with a lot of red tomato and onion). Anyway, serve it with some salt, eat it.

Chiles are natures gift to those of you suffering from a hangover

So if you can eat that sandwich, and keep it down... you've recovered

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:05   #20
Idi

the acidity of the coke helps settle the stomach
it rehydrates
it contains lots of sugar to top up the sugar levels
the caffeine helps perk you up and acts as a slight pain killer
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:06   #21
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Yuck!
You knew people just HAD to click that link, did you not?
I did not even want to...
You love it!

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:07   #22
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
You love it!
Thats another question, is it not?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:08   #23
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
it rehydrates
Hell no! Nononono! Idi is a baaaad person!

The acidity will rot what's remaining of your stomach lining! Plus coke dehydrates you cos of the caffine and that-thing-i-can't-remember!

Nononono!

I love coke, but it's almost the top of Things Not To Eat/Drink When Hungover!!!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:09   #24
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
it rehydrates
it contains lots of sugar to top up the sugar levels
the caffeine helps perk you up and acts as a slight pain killer
All of that is true, except for the rehydrates part.

Caffeine is a diuretic, just like alcohol. It inhibits the kidneys' ability to return water to the blood, and more water than usual is passed to the bladder instead.

Hence the confusiness.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:10   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I just realised, I made someone's sig.

How happy am I? \o/
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:21   #26
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I just realised, I made someone's sig.

How happy am I? \o/
Heh, only the greats have ever made mine before!!

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:22   #27
sayonara
Shai Halud

pablissimo > me?

Better pull my finger out :eek:
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:24   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I'm apparently bigger than Bobby Davro, if Kura is to be believed.

He is racist against scousers though. The stone faced bearded scottish wanker.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:25   #29
sayonara
Shai Halud

I thought you were equal to Bobby Davro?

Looks like you better pull it out too.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:27   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I'm only on a par with Davro eh.

The finger shall indeed be pulled, resulting in comedy posting or a comedy fart. It won't be that funny, I'm on my own and I'd make the room smell and I couldn't blame it on anyone else as I'm, as i say, on my own.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:28   #31
sayonara
Shai Halud

If you're going to fart, try and do it near your microphone or a tape recorder.

"Evidence"
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:29   #32
titus
GAH

titus is on a distinguished road
thats nothing...

http://www.blerp.org/show/hervanta-1...ventaario1.jpg
http://www.blerp.org/show/hervanta-1...ventaario2.jpg
http://www.blerp.org/show/hervanta-1...ventaario3.jpg
http://www.blerp.org/show/hervanta-1...ventaario4.jpg

$SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE';

core dumped
titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:30   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
If you're going to fart, try and do it near your microphone or a tape recorder.

"Evidence"
I'll follow through, photo it, and link to it on a public forum claiming it's 'a shot of my new trousers', not, of course, telling people it's really my **** on some cloth.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 01:44   #34
Mong
Forever Delayed

titus you cnut! You could have labeled the links! Oh and heh... my mates would prolly like, pick me up, clean me up, put me to bed... not leave me lying in my own spew!!!

Heh, while she was out did you have a grope?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 02:17   #35
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
This thread reeks of something, but I just can't put my finger on it
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:47   #36
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
This thread reeks of something, but I just can't put my finger on it
I can take a photo of that too...

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:52   #37
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
only TRUE and WORKING way of getting rid of hangover = save a sixpack of beer for the morning.

also makes it easier to start drinking again \o/
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:54   #38
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
I managed to not click any of the links. Having read the rest of the thread I am so pleased about that.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 10:55   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
I managed to not click any of the links. Having read the rest of the thread I am so pleased about that.
Your eyes have been spared, your mind untainted by vomitPix.

And with that I announce Mong's new website, www.mongthrowsup.com, in which Mong and friends photograph each other in more and more depravity ridden scenarios centred around being sick.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:05   #40
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
I tend to drink 2 litres of water when i get home and wake up with no hangover, obviously there are several down sides to this.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:15   #41
Mong
Forever Delayed

I just ordered a sausage and egg barm from the kitchen here (as opposed to say, the server room). My co-worked said "I thought you were watching your weight?" I replied, "Yes, I watched my weight as it came out of my yesterday morning"

Oh yeah, drinking lots of water before bed helps. But best of all is orange juice - the sugar helps repair the brain damage!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:27   #42
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
I have tried the drinking of beer method when one wakes up, we did that at my mates 21st B day party years ago, and infact had a BBQ the next morning we were right as rain, all the rest had a bit of a sore head, but my mate and myself were fine.

Drinking water before you go to sleep helps, and also having a glass of water next to the bed helps, as you can rehydrate yourself that way.

Berocca also works with a hangover.

I once had a craving for tomato soup once, and that worked by making me feel alot better.
A long hot shower is also great as well.

Milk also works, as it puts a lining on your stomach.

The reason that people get hangovers is that the alcohol crosses the blood brain barrier in your brain and causes dehydration, but your brain is fooled into thinking that you have enough liquid in your body, but by this time you are feling good and keep on drinking, when you have enough liquid in you, the kidneys know there is too much liquid in you and start making you go to the toilet more. Your brain actually becomes dehydrated and that is why you get the sore head feeling in your brain, as there is less fluid than normal......

Thus you actually are losing more fluid than you are taking in.
Then when you get home, and pass out you breathe the alcohol and also sweat it out, not to mention numerous trips to the toilet, thus that is why it is good to drink a large amount of water before going to bed, as this minimises this, and also having a glass that you can drink out of in the night is a good thing to do, as you are rehydrating your body.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 11:36   #43
LadyPoison

LadyPoison is an unknown quantity at this point
disturbing...very disturbing....
LadyPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 12:08   #44
Mong
Forever Delayed

I've been told this is one of the most disturbing threads ever seen on GD... and me, an ex-mod... ooooo!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 12:32   #45
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
gotta point out tho that when i went to the army at 7.1.2002 i started getting horrible hangovers, never had 'em before. then ever sinse i got out of the army 5.7. i had been drinking like 2 times a week minimum until early december when i decided that it was a time to have a few weeks of pause from beer (i drank like 2-5 times a week, and in 95% of cases i drink, i drink until i drop.). i had a 2½ week of pause and havent gotten a bad hangover sinse! like nowadays it's only a slight "weak" feeling that goes away with a pint of water at the morning and something to eat. which is a bit better than the two days of feeling totally hammered and not beeing able to really eat anything the first day.

I'M CURED! \o/
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:10   #46
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Re: We got absolutely wasted last night...

Quote:
http://www.atomicrevs.net/nob/ill/juice_and_bath.jpg
what are you doing with your left hand?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:13   #47
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
I can take a photo of that too...

M.
Please, dont.
The , you understand.
They are easily scared.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 02:21   #48
Dace

Quote:
I have developed a Recovery Sandwich. It goes;

[Stuff]

The ultimate "Recovery Sandwich" is described in an episode of Red Dwarf.

It's the episode when Rimmer gets really drunk for some reason (he's the one who eats the sandwich at Lister's suggestion).

I think it's the episode when Kryton is getting replcaed by a new Android model.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 02:33   #49
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Nope.

"To the memory of the memory of Lisa Yates"

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 08:24   #50
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've been told this is one of the most disturbing threads ever seen on GD... and me, an ex-mod... ooooo!

M.
I happen to agree the piccies are pretty graphic, but the discussion is not that bad regarding other peoples hangover cures!