User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Aug 2007, 03:23   #1
SiD123

SiD123 will become famous soon enoughSiD123 will become famous soon enough
Planetarion has changed too much for my likings

Does anybody know similiar games to planetarion? I tried ******** it was boring anymore?

I miss the old school planetarion without the complicated races and having the pds system... and having the simple war frigates interceptors and so on those were the days.

Anyway any old scool old round version of planetarion around or similiar games to this?
SiD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 09:22   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Planetarion has changed too much for my likings

All PA rip-offs that I know of are either dead or dying. It's not worth the trouble.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 11:45   #3
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

it's your youth you're after, not PA...
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 16:27   #4
SiD123

Well nothing around i reckon whilst they do the next round they should make round 3 availible again. You can play both version at the same time totally different server or something.

Ahh i miss the old planetarion from 4 years ago.
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 16:38   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The code from Round 3 (and all pre-PaX rounds, in fact) no longer exists.
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 21:32   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Planetarion is much better now, simply because you can play any way you want to.
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 21:49   #7
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Planetarion is much better now, simply because you can play any way you want to.
QFT

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 00:34   #8
SiD123

Sorry but the planetarion now just doesn't suit my style, so anyone know any planetarion rip offs? Don't care if they are dying. I'd prefer one with quick ticks (less than an hour)
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 01:01   #9
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiD123
Sorry but the planetarion now just doesn't suit my style, so anyone know any planetarion rip offs? Don't care if they are dying. I'd prefer one with quick ticks (less than an hour)
You're on the Planetarion forums, I'm not sure why you expect Planetarion players to link you to competing games.
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 14:01   #10
SiD123

I just thought palantarion players might play other similiar games to this while they are around.
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 14:18   #11
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

I've ended up shacking up with my old mate Marv and he got me back into playing the game again. I played last round a little, the last round I played before that was round 6.

Having come back to the game from such a huge time off, I've found it to be much more friendly to play and as people have said above me, it's much easier to play in more of your own style.

It's good to be back and I really like these new changes it has undergone. I wouldn't want to play a clone either, everyone knows they're all rubbish!
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 02:19   #12
SiD123

Fair enough ok i will give this game a chance do you guys mid if i ask question here about things i don't understand i'll begin with one question now.

Before it was free now you have to pay to play... but i got an account for free but what benefits do i get if i pay up?
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 02:27   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This round is free, no need to pay.

For future reference: http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php?page=33
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 11:47   #14
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

MyPHPPa?
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 12:07   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

PAOL (Planetarion Offline) was good for really quick ticks. But you were playing against computer players, heh.

Still, it was good to test things with; if you can find a copy somewhere it should occupy yourself for a few hours at least.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 17:12   #16
SiD123

Thnaks altimatenewbie whats the site for it?

Anyone got any other ones like this with really quick ticks just to keep my busy whenever im bored?
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 05:52   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You're on the Planetarion forums, I'm not sure why you expect Planetarion players to link you to competing games.

oh man that would be ridiculous
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 03:18   #18
SiD123

Now i remember what im looking for... it's racers and havocs
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 11:05   #19
Soulblighter

Soulblighter is an unknown quantity at this point

I like a game to conquer multiple planets. I can pass links even, but seriously doubt its allowed.
Soulblighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 21:03   #20
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The code from Round 3 (and all pre-PaX rounds, in fact) no longer exists.

Well thats a bit of a lie, as theirs a code going around for an old game called MyPHPpa which was identical to PA, with round3/4 stats. Just a slightly different interface, but everything the same.
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 23:21   #21
furball

Oh I've got no doubt that PA clones exist that have copied the very early rounds - but Planetarion's code for those rounds certainly doesn't.