User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Jul 2006, 19:26   #1
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Mp3 Player Help

Just wondering what people would recommend mp3 playerwise.

I currently have a 20GB Creative Zen Touch, but its been through alot and is basically giving up fast.

I generally use my mp3 every day whether it be at home just connecting it to my stereo or walking to work.

Im not to worried about the price as i do want a decent one that will last(tho <200 is better), is it worth buying into the whole ipod thing? (ive never really seen the fuss of it myself). Id need it to be at least 10GB.

So recommendations? Thanks =)
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 20:35   #2
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Mp3 Player Help

iriver probably.
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 20:40   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am thinking about a itunes random or whatever they're called the small ones
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 21:32   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Get a new zen touch?
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 21:43   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have been using an iRiver H320, and it has survived pretty well given I don't look after my electronics at all. If that's indicative of overall brand survivability, then wahay.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 22:12   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I used to have a 30gb Zen which went broke because i let it fall from a rather high height on a concrete floor, now i got a 6gb zen micro and I don't miss the 24gb more space while it's much more comfortable to carry with you due to the size. It's a lot less likely to break because it's so much lighter and you get a protection suit with it which is of rubber.
Unread 23 Jul 2006, 22:52   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah my zen micro broke too. In less than a few months. All I did was fall asleep while wearing it, broke the head plug jack. NO RECOMMEND. ok
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 02:00   #8
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Having owned a H140 and H340, I must say that iRiver are excellent. Can't recommend them enough. Sound Quality wise top notch too. The H10 20GB is brilliant. They're flexible, plug and play, and the battery detaches (you can get extra ones for circa £7 on ebay) so you don't have to pay a fortune if you want to repair your player when the battery dies. It also lasts about 20 hours in use.

Otherwise, Sony have finally come on song with their latest range, and if you check Amazon they regularly put up the 20 gig for a massively bargainous £120 (should be £200). But they only get it in small numbers, so quickly sell out when they get them back in. The model number is a something 3000, but if you put 'sony mp3' into Amazon, you'll find it. You get the typical Walkman sound and build too.

Really not an ipod fan myself.
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 20:43   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Sony's mp3 players seems to get the chop in every review Ive read, becouse of sub-standard sound. Execpt for the HD5 (?) one

Creatives and Iriver seems to get top grades on that.
(whoever buys a mp3 player and doesnt care if it has good sound is a f******* moron and should be ignored)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 23:59   #10
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Im leaning towards the Creative Zen Vision:M.

About £190 but its creative and that served well, it also does the video and picture thing too.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:05   #11
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i bought a 1gb mp3 player for £35 from aldi
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:52   #12
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Sony's mp3 players seems to get the chop in every review Ive read, becouse of sub-standard sound. Execpt for the HD5 (?) one

Creatives and Iriver seems to get top grades on that.
(whoever buys a mp3 player and doesnt care if it has good sound is a f******* moron and should be ignored)
The HD5 is the previous model, the one I was referring to is the NW-A3000. And in a serious audio magazine called Hi-Fi World (a recent edition), it beat every other HD player reviewed (inc. Creative and Apple) on both pure sound quality terms, and in the overall ratings. Personally speaking, I've never heard a particularly bad Sony portable, although their software seriously sucks which is why they usually get a slating.
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 01:54   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Absolutely do not get an iPod, I currently have one and it is one of the worst products I've ever owned. I wouldnt buy a Creative product on principle because I expect the interface to be awful, but maybe theyve fixed all their problems I dunno. Irivers are pretty good, I'd go with an ihp-140 or whatever theyre called these days if you can find one cheap (and get a decent pair of headphones with the money you save).

Last edited by Nodrog; 25 Jul 2006 at 02:00.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 02:04   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I second that Ipod sucks. I've had mine replaced twice, and once to the repair shop, and destroyed probably five headphones. I might be abit careless sometimes, but I've had the same cellphone for three years so I'm not that bad!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 05:13   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Creative's interface is still sucky, at least on the Zen micro it is. The touchpad is bullocks but that's the only thing I dislike about it though and you'll get used to it.
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 08:14   #16
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

irivers are nice indeed. My uncle just bought his gf and brand new video ipod for 180 quid off Amazon that can store 7.5k songs though so there not that expensive.

Why you want to store 7.5k songs i'l never know, but on the bright side i used it to transfer s3 of 24 from my pc to his
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 14:28   #17
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
I second that Ipod sucks. I've had mine replaced twice, and once to the repair shop, and destroyed probably five headphones. I might be abit careless sometimes, but I've had the same cellphone for three years so I'm not that bad!
I have a 30gb 5G Ipod and cant fault it personally. It’s fairly small but has a substantial feel too it unlike some of the other players I had a look at which felt a bit flimsy. The styling nice, the interface intuitive, the screen is sharp and there’s plenty of room. Battery life could maybe be better but I get about 7 hours of music and around an hour of video out of it daily and still have battery to space so it’s more than ample for my needed. The screen can be a little easy to get tiny scratches on but when the backlights or its held at a normal angle to see the screen you can’t really notice them and they can be polished out. I did have a slight problem with it blowing the right earphone out within days of getting which apple said was a firmware problem and the latest version hasn’t done this since.

The only major downside is itunes which on a PC is pretty slow and clunky but there’s other software available which I haven’t tried myself yet but is supposed to do the job better
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote