User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:17   #1
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Question Overkill with Negative Rep

I posted this on a the thread for leaving things to the last minute:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I'm a mixture, I plan ahead for my procrastination.

If that's confusing then I've done my job.
Then someone left negative rep with this comment: your limited skill in the use of the english language is depressing.

How is it that some people post fairly offensive and really offensive messages and have loads of positive reputation, yet others that post nothing more than a simple thought and get negative rep.
jt25man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:27   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overkill with Negative Rep

whining about rep is bad mkay
quick admin, delete the thread

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:30   #3
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I don't care about the negative rep, it's the comment. I can see if I'd actually mispelled a word or used incorrect grammar that the comment would apply.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:33   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

tbh i personally think its a power trip for some ppl , but most decent poster's have the decency to sign their rep even when its negative

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:33   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

if you don't like a rep then just pm and admin either through mail or on irc, no point to make another "omg i got this negrep"-thread

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:35   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i think its the reasoning behind the rep he has a problem with not the getting of negative rep

-Rommel
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:35   #7
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Also conventional wisdom has it 90% of all abusive neg-reps are from yahwe!
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:37   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

certainly explains a few things

-Rommel
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 00:40   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
i think its the reasoning behind the rep he has a problem with not the getting of negative rep

Yes, that's it. I mean I have some bad rep for things that I could see people took the wrong way, and that's fine, it's the people giving out negative rep on neutral posts that makes no sense.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 02:18   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Hello, I am Nodrog and I am a twat.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 03:39   #11
-TPM-

-TPM- is on a distinguished road

Ah you didn't go with the PA forums wanker of the month, like I suggested.

I guess you knew Graham and I would vote for you...
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 04:14   #12
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

But then I'd be taking your title away from you, and that's not very nice.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 06:21   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Yeah, failed lawyers and the internet.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 06:41   #14
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
How is it that some people post fairly offensive and really offensive messages and have loads of positive reputation, yet others that post nothing more than a simple thought and get negative rep.
It's a popularity contest IMO. I find it humorous that people object to complaints about neg rep. But you make a valid point where some appear to just spout off with something inane and the rest of the sheep are like "Awesome post dude" while a trivial post is neg repped beyond reason with some rather rude commentary as well.

Lets see how many red dots I accumulate on this post.

Please note that I am seriously over medicated on Percoset at the time of this posting. Sorry about that I over calculated the pain I was feeling from my abcess teeth. Room still spining. The floor looks so comfy right now.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 06:46   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm pretty serious when I say that if you would take a look at a top 3 or 5 top negreppers you will find that these are the people who are rather unhappy/dissatisfied about their life outside of the internet, or at least not living it like they pretend to do accumulated from their internet alter ego.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 08:29   #16
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

You mean there's life outside the internet...oh man I'm screwed.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 08:39   #17
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Lets see how many red dots I accumulate on this post.
So far I've had 7 neg, 8 pos, and 2 neutral.

For all you people waiting to jump on me with negative rep for more "whining", I'm just keeping a tally, not complaining.

Maybe I should've named this thread "Funniest Neg Rep Comments"

*The edits are just updates to the numbers*

Last edited by jt25man; 10 Jul 2006 at 09:27.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 09:23   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Yeah, failed lawyers and the internet.
Heh now that you mention it...
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 09:47   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
It's a popularity contest IMO
I hope you're not basing this on peoples reactions to your own posts, because you have written some awful, and offensive, tripe.

That having been said, of course it's a popularity contest. It's an internet forum, the first (and in many cases) only contact you have with someone is through their posts. I don't like dante because he's a communist, I don't like him because he's a drug taking loon; I think he's a decent chap because he writes high quality, well reasoned posts.

If popularity comes directly as a result of the thing that rep is supposed to measure, who cares if it affects rep or not? Isn't it better that way?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:04   #20
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shouldn't all rep be public now anyway (pubic lol) - what's JJ doing?!

Slacker
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:08   #21
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
If popularity comes directly as a result of the thing that rep is supposed to measure, who cares if it affects rep or not? Isn't it better that way?
No itīs not, as it is NOT ENTIRELY AT ALL a representation of post quality. Especially when the sytem was introduced people made gimmick accounts to posrep themselves (LAAAAAAME) or would PM others to posrep them, if not on silent agreement.

Apart from that I see there is an īinner circleī here of people who would NEVER negrep eachother even if the post was as shit as my shit is on a sunday morning after drinking a bottle of strongbow whilst eating 2 kebabs the night before. That is just as bad, you know.

If someone negreps me for this post it is fine. AIDS will get you eventually.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:30   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
No itīs not, as it is NOT ENTIRELY AT ALL a representation of post quality. Especially when the sytem was introduced people made gimmick accounts to posrep themselves (LAAAAAAME) or would PM others to posrep them, if not on silent agreement.
I never saw anyone do the first one and if you know of anyone who did please let me know and I'll reset their rep down to zero.

Quote:
Apart from that I see there is an īinner circleī here of people who would NEVER negrep eachother even if the post was as shit as my shit is on a sunday morning after drinking a bottle of strongbow whilst eating 2 kebabs the night before. That is just as bad, you know.
Within the last two weeks or so I've neg-repped yahwe and been neg-repped by nodrog and dante. I'm not exactly sure who's in the "inner circle" but I presume at least a few of us are!
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:36   #23
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Hmm yes maybe I am again overly overreacting - but there is a certain core of truth in there. I´m certain there´s a ´club´ that is more lenient towards eachother, if not harsher to people outside.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:45   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Hmm yes maybe I am again overly overreacting - but there is a certain core of truth in there. Iīm certain thereīs a īclubī that is more lenient towards eachother, if not harsher to people outside.
Equally in the last three weeks I have pos-repped 20 people, one of whom appears in the top 30 posters in the last six months according to pab in dante's thread.

Instead of reputation bonuses I send T&F beer bottles in the mail.

Emtpy beer bottles but it's the thought that counts so **** you.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 10:57   #25
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

this sounds fun feel free to put me some reputation
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 11:01   #26
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by add100
this sounds fun feel free to put me some reputation
You rep Bum go and earn your rep like most people do.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 11:05   #27
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

yes, that's right, "earn".
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 11:09   #28
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I never saw anyone do the first one and if you know of anyone who did please let me know and I'll reset their rep down to zero.
On the other side of these forums, there was a certain (alliance based) group that had it sorted out they'd pos rep each other and neg rep certain people to gain some "force" to their mind games.

I agree with the fact, though, that a lot of reputation is related to friendship (and hence somewhat these inner circles); I've noticed myself getting both negrepped and posrepped on the same posts by people whom I know to look different at me. It could be just the other side of the forum, but the reputation is global anyways. Ah well, GD comeback for me then.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 11:30   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
On the other side of these forums, there was a certain (alliance based) group that had it sorted out they'd pos rep each other and neg rep certain people to gain some "force" to their mind games.
I noticed that at the time and it occurred on GD as well, at least the first part did, originally. However that's tolerated under the system as freedom to rep who you want. Making another account to pos-rep yourself is both laughably inefficient, pos reps from new accounts are generally worth very little and for that amount of time invested you could probably write an amusing anecdote and gain your posrep that way, and staggeringly homosexual. I think when it was at its worst I used to go around posrepping people back up if I felt they were being unfairly targetted (at this point a pos-rep from me was amusingly worth about the same as being neg-repped by most of AD). The system "works" I say!
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 11:41   #30
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Reputation matters on AD ;/

Your just jealous you didnt think of it first!

:HIGHFIVE:
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 11:56   #31
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I know, I'd give you a low five for it, the games that are played on AD to gain high amounts of positive reputations carry on to the users here too, and vice versa. (which is, what I was refering to, when JBG commented that if there's someone who has been making deals or doing gimmick accounts to gain rep, he'd reset them at once - which he wouldn't do though!)

:LOWFIVE:

Do we have a kjeldoran or robban to bomb with red dots here too?

edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
I noticed that at the time and it occurred on GD as well, at least the first part did, originally. However that's tolerated under the system as freedom to rep who you want. Making another account to pos-rep yourself is both laughably inefficient, pos reps from new accounts are generally worth very little and for that amount of time invested you could probably write an amusing anecdote and gain your posrep that way, and staggeringly homosexual. I think when it was at its worst I used to go around posrepping people back up if I felt they were being unfairly targetted (at this point a pos-rep from me was amusingly worth about the same as being neg-repped by most of AD). The system "works" I say!
Yeah, it works, you just need a tag team to paint you green and another team to paint someone green with contentless (by the word, with no text inserted) red blobs! (Talking about the inner circles xtrasyn spoke about). Really, the fact that it's tolerated under the system as freedom really takes to rear off the system in my eyes, as reputation can be solely based on (or can not; as a popularity contest!!!) what kind of deals you've got running to gain more green (or to paint someone red).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:00   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
(which is, what I was refering to, when JBG commented that if there's someone who has been making deals or doing gimmick accounts to gain rep, he'd reset them at once - which he wouldn't do though!)
No dude, I said the first one, as in just the gimmick account thing.

In fact, I just found someone who did it so their reputation is going to be reset.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:00   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't realise Jonny still checked who neg repped him.

Still, I'm pretty sure I've neg repped everyone in the top 50 posters. So I'm not really sure who is in the "inner circle" but it sounds rather gay so I presume Manson's involved.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:02   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
No dude, I said the first one, as in just the gimmick account thing.
Oh, so painfully true! It's really easier to pull through the second route, as you can't pos rep the same user a lot on the run, so you'd spend quite a while with the gimmick accounts to gain any significant reputation anyways.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:03   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I didn't realise Jonny still checked who neg repped him.
The names appear right next to the reps on my cp actually.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:04   #36
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
So I'm not really sure who is in the "inner circle" but it sounds rather gay so I presume Manson's involved.
And a few pedantic people, and failed lawyers.

Edit: The system itself protects the ´socalled circle´, because the more rep you accumulate, the bigger the kick in the balls is. In reverse, if this one negrepped person would negrep back, his rep would mean nothing on the scale.

(this was hard to explain for me in english, if I need to clarify please ask)
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:09   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The names appear right next to the reps on my cp actually.
Yeah I remember you asking for that to be removed, or something. That might have been someone else. It hardly matters obviously.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:15   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I remember you asking for that to be removed, or something. That might have been someone else. It hardly matters obviously.
If you remember I also asked that reps be made visible. Unfortunately JJ only knows slightly more than me about vb3 but is far more loathe to admit it
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:29   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Unfortunately JJ only knows slightly more than me about vb3 but is far more loathe to admit it
I'd imagine laziness and apathy is probably a bigger barrier in this case.

And quite right too!
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 12:30   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I'd imagine laziness and apathy is probably a bigger barrier in this case.

And quite right too!
Why change the system when someone please finish this sentence
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 13:00   #41
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

´the system works?´ or ´the system can not be changed?´
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 13:08   #42
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm guilty of not often (ever?) negrepping most of the 'big names' I think but not through not wanting to, normally more because they don't do much to offend me. I tend to skip over posts I find worthless. I pos-rep much more than I neg (one of my past 10 reps was negative, hi QuazokRogue5), I think I would probably respond to well-written pos rep than poorly constructed negrep.

I think if I were to be able to look back, most of my rep would be distributed to newer posters and that at least 95% of it would be positive. Less than half are signed but I'm now making a conscious effort to change that, at least on my negrep.

Edit:
Oh and I sent a PM to someone praising a post they'd made for the first time last week because it wouldn't let me posrep them again for some reason
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 14:14   #43
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
In fact, I just found someone who did it so their reputation is going to be reset.
I must express my thanks and in the meantime my disgruntledness about the time this has taken.

It makes me wonder if all these ´let´s negrep anyone who starts about negrep´ people actually tried to hide this.

And the saddest thing is maybe that this is the first reasonable thread on the subject ever.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 16:07   #44
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Overkill with Negative Rep

I don't really ever neg rep anyone, apart from the really shit posters. I don't really see the point. Mind, I'm not overly generous with pos rep. The whole system seems pretty worthless to me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 16:11   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Ah but think about how many impressionable young men using the internet you can "wow" using your e-penis dude!
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 16:20   #46
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Overkill with Negative Rep

Yeah, it's a great confidence booster when I'm out in clubs and people just love hearing about how big my rep count is. They're like 'wow' when I tell them I've got nearly 15,000 rep points on the forums of an online space-based sci fi spreadsheet game.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 17:34   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Especially when the sytem was introduced people made gimmick accounts to posrep themselves
As rep has a strength governed by three factors (post count, rep total, length of time since signup) people registering accounts to posrep themselves would, in fact, get them up to 1 point a week!

Quote:
Apart from that I see there is an ´inner circle´ here of people who would NEVER negrep eachother
Who the hell's this inner circle, and where can I sign up?

[edit]

I have definitely neg repped posts from the people you'd presume to be in the inner circle, and I have definitely received neg rep from a few of them (well, nodrog, but I don't really check my rep often so it's probably true).

What is also true that the limit of reps you can give out serves to reinforce the tendency of "good" posters who also post often to not get neg rep; if Dante, say, makes 10 good posts in a day, and one shit one, chances are most people will have pos repped him for one of the 10 good ones before reading the shit one, and thus the shit one goes "unpunished".

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 7 Jul 2006 at 17:47.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 18:02   #48
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I got all my green blobs beacause I pretended I did not care about rep. Cunning, eh?

ps GD comeback is good, Keizari!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 18:28   #49
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
I must express my thanks and in the meantime my disgruntledness about the time this has taken.

It makes me wonder if all these īletīs negrep anyone who starts about negrepī people actually tried to hide this.

And the saddest thing is maybe that this is the first reasonable thread on the subject ever.
I figured it was worth the neg rep I would recieve for starting the thread to get people to actually talk about it.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 18:45   #50
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What we need is a GD Cup for rep. Brackets, pool play, with the inner circle vieing against each other to earn pos rep in a set period of time. Then moving on to the knockout rounds and finally the GD Cup champion every four years.

1-X could do a pool!