User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 May 2006, 03:23   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] Henry stays

news link

Im not an arsenal fan (obviously) and I didnt really want arsenal to win the European Cup. However this is fantastic news in my opinion.

Firstly Henry is a truly world class player.

Secondly its a tribute to the english game if we have players of his calibre in the league, next season we will be treated to ballack, possibly shevchenko, rooney, gerrard, lampard, terry, owen, essien, reyes, fabregas, reyes, davids and other world class players.

The premiership with this quality can only attract more players to the league. As a fan its great, not so great for villa as we cant attract players of this calibre, however saying that when I go to villa matches I always enjoy watching world class players. For example in my lifetime ive had the pleasure of seeing Klinsmen to Davids (amongst many others). Some true footballing greats.

With Henry staying I hope it signifies the greatness of the premiership and english football. I often feel that its the hinderence of weather which prevents us getting many world class players I mean would you want to live in Birmingham or Barcelona, or Manchester or Madrid? However the english game is at the forefront of football. We have had english teams in the two european finals this year and liverpool last year.

Perhaps we will see a domination of english football.

Ideally next year we will get a all english final.

Still good news all round, congratulations Arsenal fans.
Unread 19 May 2006, 03:44   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Henry stays

"is poised to" and "is set to" aren't really definite though

I wonder though which Arsenal fans would rather have, out of keeping Henry or winning the Champions League, as it is assumed that if they'd won, he would have left...
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 03:47   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I was an arsenal fan definatly win the European Cup, no player is worth the European cup, although london teams dont know the value of the european cup so I bet they would choose the player ;p

Also apologies on the definition part of the article, rereading it, it did say in an interview with the sun, which puts more doubt into the validaty of the argument.

Apologies.
Unread 19 May 2006, 04:04   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no need to apologise, I'd expect it's almost certain
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 04:27   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I was saying to my friends tonight that having Ronaldo or Ronaldinho, even in their twilieght years of football, would be fantastic.

Equally <3 Henry
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 10:26   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

wait, why is it showing the greatness of english football if the reason he's staying is because our teams failed in europe?!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:27   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Perhaps we will see a domination of english football.
the best league (one of?) in the world just happens to take place in England. but admit it pig, that doesn't make it 'English football'.
the reason for your national team underachieving for years now finds it cause in a topclass national league, with 20 clubs that rather buy a mediocre player from the other side of the world, than give a chance to young players who grew up in their own footballschool. there is no place for failure anymore, too much money got involved.

clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man. Utd and more recently Liverpool completely lost their English identity. maybe not to you because you still associate them with memories from the past, but definitely to the rest of the world.
do you think Arsenal reaching the finals was an English victory? or was it French? and do you consider Man. Utd as an English or American club now? and is Chelsea Russian then?

England may have the biggest, best league in the world now, yes. but it isn't yours anymore, it's property of the world.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:49   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So Henry's staying? I wonder if he was in Big Brother he would be able to stay! It wouldn't be his choice I suppose.

Speaking of Big Brother, I think that Richard is goign to be staying. So I suppose if Big Brother was the Arsenal team, he'd be the Henry of it.

What do you think?
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:51   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Ofcourse the above mentioned players are still English but you have to admit that Koen has a point here. The English competition isn't exactly considered as real English for the rest of the world anymore due to heavy influenced from outside in players/technical staff and financial resources.
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:56   #10
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Who's Richard?
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:57   #11
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that the news conference is to announce that Arsenal are sending Henry on loan to Luton Town
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 11:59   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
So Henry's staying? I wonder if he was in Big Brother he would be able to stay! It wouldn't be his choice I suppose.

Speaking of Big Brother, I think that Richard is goign to be staying. So I suppose if Big Brother was the Arsenal team, he'd be the Henry of it.

What do you think?
Keep your shitty big brother discussions in your own shitty big brother thread or else I'll come in and talk football.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:05   #13
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Footballers have next to no personality, for the most part. Obviously that's a generalisation, but you'll find it hard to find any exception. That's why you don't find any on Big Brother. Big Brother I suppose is the intelligent interesting person's viewing on TV, whereas football is for the more boring amongst us

I don't think the Welsh girl is that stupid either - maybe a little blonde (not literally) but in a "sweet" way.
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:06   #14
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Who's Richard?
This is Richard! Are you related?!
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:15   #15
Tomkat

Actually, I don't know what SS's real name is. It probably is Richard
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:20   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

He doesn't even look like me for a bit dude.

edit:
My name is Charley!
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:26   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I am that fat pie eating one who oftenly dresses in ninja suits who will still be a virgin when he hits 40.

ps

my hobbies are cooking and walking through dull areas
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:33   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im glad hes staying. Hes a joy to watch and Spanish Football is often dull, boring and generally not that much fun to watch on Sky. Whereas the Premiership is fantastic entertainment (for the most part, apart from when Bolton are playing).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:35   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man. Utd and more recently Liverpool completely lost their English identity. maybe not to you because you still associate them with memories from the past, but definitely to the rest of the world.
As opposed to Barcelona. Managed by a dutchman, with three spaniards in the side.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:39   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yeah ok.

But what's your point?
Unread 19 May 2006, 12:41   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Yeah ok.

But what's your point?
That looking at the top clubs will provide a cosmopolitan mix in whatever major country you're in, and so singling out English football for this treatment is rather silly, especially when the english game is still regarded as significantly different to the style of play on the majority of the continent.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:04   #22
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
the english game is still regarded as significantly different to the style of play on the majority of the continent.
you're living in the past.
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:05   #23
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
you're living in the past.
no u r

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:06   #24
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
no u r
no i am
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:18   #25
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
In what way?

Terry, Lampard, Bridge, Cole, Campbell, Neville, Rooney, Scholes, Ferdinand, Brown, Gerrard, -->Finnan,<-- Carragher, Crouch are all from the clubs you mention.
"nitpicking"
there are plenty of good players there without adding an irishman

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:19   #26
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I don't see a lot of live Premier league action but to me it seems that the only style of play most top clubs in the mayor leagues depends on the technical staff and the available players. Even in Germany (Bayern) and Italy (AC Milan) the style of play seem to become more 'cosmopolitan'.
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:20   #27
pig
1up on you

I agree with Jakiri, the english game is still an english game. We might have foreign players in the premiership but for the most part its the english game we all know and love ie a fast paced, hard tackling, no bullshit game. Chelsea tried to change that with there continental shite of diving and shit. After 2 weeks of the season people and refs just had none of it and they had to adapt.

The english game is great entertainment. I can understand where you are coming from KoeN about arsenal being mainly french but for the most part its an english club. They play fair, honest football, which is enjoyable to watch. We had the doldrums of long ball in english football but we have got over that.

Another point Id like to add is the reason why england are underperforming is imo the manager. If cloughie was alive and was the manager we would win every World Cup under the sun. Quite frankly england has some of the most diserable players on the planets. After the brazilians I find it difficult to see who can match us, even the italians, dutch and spanish.

Infact you say our league is the problem of underperforming at national level, what about the spanish team. They havent done anything. Italian national side has done very little for the last decade either. In fact England looks like the most desirable team on paper in europe and I would find few who would disagree mainly because we have quality and depth in pretty much every single position. I cant think of many countries who can beat our midfield, which is more than world class.

The premiership will remain the best league in europe and our dominance in europe is only proving that. Roll on villa winning the european cup in 2008.
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:22   #28
pig
1up on you

Also just to add, a lot of players find it difficult to adjust to english football because its fast paced and physical. Its not easy to be a south american fairy coming to england, hence a fair few adapt well to the spanish game. English football though is thoroughbly enjoyable to watch.
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:44   #29
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
English football though is thoroughbly enjoyable to watch.
agree on that. kick & rush, fast pacing, hard tackles. all fun and games, great entertainment.

but it won't bring you victory.

( i realise this may sound extremely funny, coming from a dutchman )
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:48   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I mean would you want to live in Birmingham or Barcelona, or Manchester or Madrid?
This is an area where London clubs have a bit of an advantage. In his recent move Ballack said living in London would be better than Manchester (in terms of his family, etc). I suspect other people would feel the same way.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 13:59   #31
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
This is an area where London clubs have a bit of an advantage. In his recent move Ballack said living in London would be better than Manchester (in terms of his family, etc). I suspect other people would feel the same way.
Just wait til he moves there and tries to drive anywhere, or use public transport.

Unread 19 May 2006, 14:14   #32
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Yeah I reckon a man on £130k per week will be a frequent bus user.
it's practically impossible to drive anywhere though.

He might get a train...

Unread 19 May 2006, 14:15   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
it's practically impossible to drive anywhere though.
He could probably afford a helicopter to ferry him around if he really wanted to.

I'm not a driver, but my understanding is that car journey's outside of commuting times were considerably easier these days in Central London.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 14:30   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Hurray, Hurray \o/

(Calling Reyes world class is to overrate the mans current ability)
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 15:35   #35
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I'm not a driver, but my understanding is that car journey's outside of commuting times were considerably easier these days in Central London.
I don't find it hard to drive around central London.

Well I only drive around on sundays and at night.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2006, 15:38   #36
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
As opposed to Barcelona. Managed by a dutchman, with three spaniards in the side.
And one of the spaniards is a proper Catalunian.
Unread 19 May 2006, 16:01   #37
Blastoderm
________

The link update itself. He's staying.

If you can't be arsed go to the 1st page:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4996270.stm
Unread 20 May 2006, 03:40   #38
pig
1up on you

Quote:
completly agree, thats why London clubs with the money can attract the players over liverpool and utd. Likewise why barcelona and madrid can attract the bigger players, its not neccesarily the football etc because lets face it spanish football hasnt actually been that dominant in the last ten years, rather its the attraction of the location. Hence why italian football was popular ten years ago and now spanish football as become alot more open up to foreigners its popular.

However ultimately the premiership is the best league to play in from a footballling perspective. While i believe a player like ronaldinho would be succesful in the premiership he would find it harder to create chances and score goals compared to the spanish league, like koen agreed we are simply more agressive and fast paced.
Unread 20 May 2006, 03:41   #39
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
The link update itself. He's staying.

If you can't be arsed go to the 1st page:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4996270.stm
good news for the premiership and arsenal fans, you may not have won the european cup but you kept your greatest asset

walcott, henry, reyes, fabregas, hleb etc etc etc etc

wow