User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 23:54   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thumbs down Xontas is rude.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Xontas is a pretty rude support guy. I mean I pay to play and I asked a simple question and I get booted for a pretty silly reason. I doubt what I said was out of line, but in any case, this is no way to treat players. He’s got a huge attitude problem. I especially like the part where he asked for my planet information after I said I would report him. What is he threatening me?

Is that how PA Players are treated?

Just a heads up to everyone.

http://www.ambientchill.com/complaintlog.txt

Last edited by s|k; 18 Apr 2005 at 00:05.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:00   #2
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Re: Xontas is rude.

wow, i love the way you edited out the abusive parts

now

1) i kicked you because, you said i was lying about something that is true
(this is false info and frankly we dont need that in support)

2) i baned you to stop the auto join

3) i laughed @ you (loudly) because you first became VERY abusive and then tld me you would go to my boss to complain

so please, get a life
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:06   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
wow, i love the way you edited out the abusive parts
Oh my god I didn't edit anything! You're a liar too! You have no integrity, and eventually that will become obvious to everyone. I'll get character witnesses in here who know me and know that I would never false report something like this.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:06   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
1) i kicked you because, you said i was lying about something that is true
(this is false info and frankly we dont need that in support)
He was referring to the guy's GC
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:10   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

http://www.ambientchill.com/complaintlog2.txt

Okay I'm done with worrying about this. He's bad support, he lies, he threatens players, and he has an attitude to boot.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:13   #6
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

that might be
currently its 00:30 on a sunday

i had some beer and am doing 6 hours of straight support

so i kicked someone that was commenting in #support
its a no-idle channel
so idle chat is not alowed
(wo dont inforce it regulary, but it is)

but the reaction "I AM GONNA REPORT YOU" just made me laugh very loud
and i am not gonna hide that

basicly we are all guys you can talk normaly to and most of what you want will get done
start like that and i just laugh @ you
woudnt you?

anyway

going to bed now, i hope the person who started this is wise enough to take this down
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:13   #7
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

Xontas your avatar scares me :/
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:15   #8
xontas

its supposed 2
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:18   #9
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Yeah it is meant to show that admins are scary and evuhl
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:18   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To be fair xontas - he did tell you the context in which he said it - you could have simply apologised that it was a misunderstanding, and it would have ended there.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:20   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
[4/17/05 15:33] <@xontas> s|k, usualy about 1.5 -2 months
[4/17/05 15:34] <s|k> :<
[4/17/05 15:34] <@xontas> but the end date has not been set yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Round 13 – The Illusion of Truth:

Signups: 21st March 2000 GMT
Tick start: 30th March 2100 GMT
Shuffle: 1st April 09:00 GMT
End Date: 8th June 21:00GMT
(emphasis mine)
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:24   #12
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

I want Xontas's babies.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:41   #13
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

Does anyone care? Get a life thread creator
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:46   #14
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
Does anyone care? Get a life thread creator
I know how this may seem like small potatoes that I'm blowing out of proportions, but on the other end after all the hard work that people like Phil^, Kloopy, and Kal put into this game with no compensation and for it to be ruined by this guy's blatant unprofessionalism just really irks me.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 00:50   #15
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

*sighs*
Looking into the specifics atm.

To answer the queries :
1) No we cant move you back
2) End date is 8th June @ 21:00 gmt

Edit:
I'll need to have a word with him to get his side of it before i can 'pass judgement' as it were, but it looks to me like you both *really* got on each others bad side and wound each other up unintentionally.

there *is* a no-idle policy in force in #support, but imo it wasnt exactly idling at that point, especially not judging from the timestamps.

Last edited by Phil^; 18 Apr 2005 at 01:10.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 01:01   #16
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

tbh you did kinda break the little rule of idling.... and he was a bit forward with you.
But usually xontas is ok and has answered a few questions with out any problems when i have spoke to him.

So I do see where you are coming from and where xontas is coming from but i think he must have been tired/pissed/loopy when he happened to come across you.

Hope it all ends up ok with ye both.

Keep the war in game not out

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 18 Apr 2005 at 01:39.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 01:02   #17
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Xontas your avatar scares me :/
I thought exactly the same thing when I looked at his avatar.. trying to read his post..
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 01:12   #18
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Support should not argue the toss over something with a paying customer.

What s|k did may have been wrong, however taunting him over the fact that biffy would most likely ignore it is unacceptable.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 01:26   #19
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Xontas misinterpreted what the guy said and kicked him..
then banned him..

the dude didnt understand why and threatend to report Xontas (just to be annoying back)
and xontas reacted like most people in his situation would respond like acting he couldnt touch him anyway

My opinion:
I also misread what the dude meant, the behavior of both sides was wrong but completly logical and human all the way
it was all based on a mistake, shake hands.. sorry from both sides.. and voila fix0red..??

btw what I or other PA players think of matter doesnt really care anyway
so this really shouldn't be discussed on the forum...
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 03:21   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Xontas seems to have done very little wrong here.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 03:59   #21
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Most. Irrelevant. Thread.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 04:06   #22
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

I had the pleasure of being in the channel when this went down (I wasnt in the pm tho, obviously), and I didnt see anything that cought my eye as rude, bad or abusive from xontas. Ive been kicked numerous times from that chan myself, and theres normaly a reason for it (idling). Your case had been resolved, and you did not need to be there anymore.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 04:23   #23
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Clearly, the one who's maturity should be questioned is you, given the logs you posted. Your constant threats about reporting him and posting this thread make you look a lot more foolish than he does abusive.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 05:04   #24
s|k
Caveat Lector

You people are really something (TheRat, Shey, Nonentity). What is this a prison with guards? Where are you people from and what train brought you here? I work hard. I have a job in which I sit for 8 hours, 9 hours if you want to include my lunch, and another hour if you want to consider the time I spend fighting my way in traffic going to and from. I sit there for 8 hours and I answer phone calls, I enter orders and I deal with a lot of not so fun things. I do this for money. I do this because I get paid for it. Now this money that I earn by sitting there in that chair and making my carpel tunnel syndrom worse from week to week belongs to me. That money is mine and I'm not inclined to spend it on abuse. Now wherever the hell you people come from, do you let people treat you badly? Do you find it acceptable to be slapped around? Kicked around? Punched in the stomach? Would you pay someone to do this?

How can you possibly conceive what happened there in this channel called #support as acceptable? When you go to the supermarket does the guy at the check out pull your hair? Does the manager laugh at you? What about at the movies? You let the countergirl throw pop corn at you as you make your purchase? No, no you do not.

Negative behavior on IRC may be the "in" thing. It may be acceptable. I mean it's not like anyone here is going to show up at your door and kick your ass for being the twits you are. I choose not to be negative, at least not until one of you cowards attack me with your overwrung teenage angst. Which is fine, I choose to be here.

However, I paid money for this game. I will not be kicked around from channel to channel as if I were an inmate. I'm not a crook, I'm not a criminal and damn it don't treat me as such. I don't even understand why I PLAY THIS GAME. Every time I swear this shit happens. You idiots you horrible silly idiots. Stop talking, stop using the forums. Maybe you might want to consider encouraging your brain to work better by beating some sense into it. It will take a few tries, considering how hard it must be to aim at something so small, but with effort you'll be able to do it. You will find this task rewarding, and I will too. So do everyone around here a favor and just disappear. Don't use the interent anymore, it wasn't made for you, it's too challenging. I know I'm a radiating beacon of positivity here, but I have to fight fire with fire, and to tell you the truth if you sat here and read this entire post you're just the twits I always thought you were.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 05:51   #25
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

While xontas is probably technically right in his actions, his attitude was not good. Anyone with an @ in the official channels should really start from a perspective of customer service and friendliness before skipping right to the curt, sarcastic bits.

Also I think the part that really gets me is the part where xontas flat out calls this guy a liar (about him editing his logs) but doesn't paste any support evidence such as a counter log. If s|k didn't edit the log well,

Thats unacceptable
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 09:21   #26
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

hey!

this thread has clarified xontas is : irresponsible, stupid, misleading.

perfect credentials for an official!
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 09:36   #27
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You people are really something (TheRat, Shey, Nonentity). What is this a prison with guards?
They just point out that you aproach this from the wrong way...
Xontas is wrong.. but that doesnt mean you have to act just as childish

Edit: flaming, I know.....

Last edited by Alessio; 18 Apr 2005 at 10:18.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 10:40   #28
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have to say as someone who had modded these forums for 5 years now and whom did xontas for many years also that I find his actions to be completly inapprioate for someone holding his position.

You cant just go kicking people for making simple and wholey accurate comments (its not his fault that you seem to have no grasp of the english language). It would be like me now perm banning you from these forums for being abusive and rude to the forum users ("so please, get a life"). It would be harsh and show a complete lack of common sense on my part just like you have.

And to make matters worse not only were you then so blase about a complaint, so much so that you started gloating and acting like you were untouchable but you also then make a comment that could very well be considered a threat. "[4/17/05 15:42] <xontas> also include your ingame details [4/17/05 15:42] <xontas> would be fun to take a look :-)" . If its not a threat its certainly a case of holding the power you wield over them to make them backdown on a complaint which again is another abuse of your power. You dont do this and you dont laugh at customers who make a complaint, if you seriouslyt think you do you I suggest you withdraw yourself from your support position while you go off and take a course in Customer service.

And finally you kicked him for 'telling lies; and then you come on here and make accusuations that he doctored the logs. NO proof has been supplied by you that this is the case no-one else in the channel has made such accustaions so I ahve to wonder whos telling lies. And to think your a multi hunter who we are supposed to put trust in, i guess this shows exactly why the handling of cheats is so inconsitantly bad when people like you with such bad judgement are responsable for making decisions
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 11:07   #29
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road

I wish I could express my views without getting abused here.

<Insert correct opinion here>
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 11:24   #30
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8
I wish I could express my views without getting abused here.

<Insert correct opinion here>
And I wish if people had something to say they did so, rather than making cryptic comments. It adds nothing to the discussion and comes across as little more than spam due to this. If you have a point post it else why bother posting anything
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 11:24   #31
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You people are really something (TheRat, Shey, Nonentity). What is this a prison with guards? Where are you people from and what train brought you here? I work hard. I have a job in which I sit for 8 hours, 9 hours if you want to include my lunch, and another hour if you want to consider the time I spend fighting my way in traffic going to and from. I sit there for 8 hours and I answer phone calls, I enter orders and I deal with a lot of not so fun things. I do this for money. I do this because I get paid for it. Now this money that I earn by sitting there in that chair and making my carpel tunnel syndrom worse from week to week belongs to me. That money is mine and I'm not inclined to spend it on abuse. Now wherever the hell you people come from, do you let people treat you badly? Do you find it acceptable to be slapped around? Kicked around? Punched in the stomach? Would you pay someone to do this?

How can you possibly conceive what happened there in this channel called #support as acceptable? When you go to the supermarket does the guy at the check out pull your hair? Does the manager laugh at you? What about at the movies? You let the countergirl throw pop corn at you as you make your purchase? No, no you do not.

Negative behavior on IRC may be the "in" thing. It may be acceptable. I mean it's not like anyone here is going to show up at your door and kick your ass for being the twits you are. I choose not to be negative, at least not until one of you cowards attack me with your overwrung teenage angst. Which is fine, I choose to be here.

However, I paid money for this game. I will not be kicked around from channel to channel as if I were an inmate. I'm not a crook, I'm not a criminal and damn it don't treat me as such. I don't even understand why I PLAY THIS GAME. Every time I swear this shit happens. You idiots you horrible silly idiots. Stop talking, stop using the forums. Maybe you might want to consider encouraging your brain to work better by beating some sense into it. It will take a few tries, considering how hard it must be to aim at something so small, but with effort you'll be able to do it. You will find this task rewarding, and I will too. So do everyone around here a favor and just disappear. Don't use the interent anymore, it wasn't made for you, it's too challenging. I know I'm a radiating beacon of positivity here, but I have to fight fire with fire, and to tell you the truth if you sat here and read this entire post you're just the twits I always thought you were.
This all reminds me of this... Go fight for justice my friend
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 12:10   #32
slimnez

slimnez is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with s|k as well, on a few occasions xontas has tried to make a fool of me inside the IRC chatroom, when i was a poor defencless noob, askoing for some info.
His patronising, arrogant nature was not appreciated, if only I had thought of complaining, as @ the end of the day we ARE paying customers. The service which the majority of the support team offer is 2nd to none. It's just ashame that, as in most organisations, there is an idiot in the system who gets everyones' backs up.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 12:16   #33
slimnez

are one of the senior members of the support team able to comment as to how this situation is being dealt with?
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 12:24   #34
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Xontas has had more than a few complaints against him tbh.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 12:41   #35
slimnez

well what's going to be done about it?
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 13:25   #36
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

On behalf of Jolt I wish to apologise for the way you were removed from the channel as it would have been prudent of xontas to give you a warning / ask you to leave first. That said your comment wasn't very helpful and could easily have been taken as you suggesting that xontas was lying in response to the question asked by the other person.

Whilst xontas may have been a bit hostile / abrupt in your PM I'm not sure what kind of response you expected considering that you apparently started off by threatening to report him rather than simply asking for a further explanation as to why you were kicked.

If you wish to discuss this further you can do so via email - [email protected] is my primary contact addy.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 13:32   #37
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy

Whilst xontas may have been a bit hostile / abrupt in your PM I'm not sure what kind of response you expected considering that you apparently started off by threatening to report him rather than simply asking for a further explanation as to why you were kicked.
I expected him not to laugh at me, I expected him not to threaten me, I expected him not lie about me doctoring logs.

How's that for a start. I can go on if you like.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 13:45   #38
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This post was formerly a massive flame, but then as you requested, I thought positively.

Xontas isn't paid and does this job out of goodwill. But, of course, things could have come off better from both him and you.

Biffy, his employer, has now made a post and provided an e-mail address for the two of you to talk about this.

The forums are great for getting attention drawn to things, but nothing will be resolved through them. Because of that - and we all want things to be sorted out here - I urge a PD mod to close this thread and let matters take their course between s|k and Biffy.

-furball
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 13:55   #39
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Did anyone yet say WHY this thread ended up here?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 14:01   #40
slimnez

Biffy, Thanks for the comment, but it has become obvious that s|k isn't the only person within the PA community that has a problem with xontas and his attitude!
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 15:10   #41
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

please keep communication public so we can whip it into some over hyped drama!
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 15:57   #42
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Let's talk about blocks. This topic is boring.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 17:18   #43
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Did anyone yet say WHY this thread ended up here?
As you can see I didn't ask for anything. I just posted what happened. I didn't even ask for an apology (from Xantos), even though I certainly deserve one. I posted just to let everyone know what a jerk this guys is. If people find the thread boring, don't read it.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 17:40   #44
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Let's talk about blocks. This topic is boring.
Can we talk about Lego blocks? Lego is good!

Anyway on topic... I've dealt with Xontas in #support many times over the past few years, and never had any problems with him. Sure it's annoying having to leave or be kicked; especially (as Wakey may testify) I'm someone who used to help out in there myself, a very long time ago. But Xontas has always pm'd me asking me to leave before he's kicked me... I guess he was just in a bad mood?
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 18:06   #45
xontas

do to some question i got i will change the first part of this post
when i say "wasted" i mean i was tired after doing almost all support and multihunter issues for that night and having some beers.
this might have lowered my edge a bit on when i kick people
(anything else people want to point out)

(nice to see you all love me tho :/)

ok, let be be as clear as possible
i might have misunderstood yesterday
the part "he's lying to you" was a direct responce to my line, and i was under the impression you reacted to that

so basicly i kicked without a good reson (yeah that happens sometime)
(at that time i was running a multihunters investigation and talking to 3 guys in pm who where begging for there accounts back, so i might have been a bit distacted (the 7 beers and 4 hours of PA issues didnt help))
the ban was to stop the rejoin and was taken off 15 sec after you left

now if at that point i got a PM asking me why i kicked, i would have said sorry and we would have been done.
instead we had a nice pm starting with the anouncement of reporting me
a mail to biffy about this
a mail to phil about this
and this post

all because i didnt show him the proper respect

/me wonders who is lacking respect

anyway, i am done defending
i will do the job as have been doing, if you dont like it pm someone else

Last edited by xontas; 18 Apr 2005 at 20:02.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 18:33   #46
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
actualy i was kinda wasted

(nice to see you all love me tho :/)

ok, let be be as clear as possible
i might have misunderstood yesterday
the part "he's lying to you" was a direct responce to my line, and i was under the impression you reacted to that

so basicly i kicked without a good reson (yeah that happens sometime)
(at that time i was running a multihunters investigation and talking to 3 guys in pm who where begging for there accounts back, so i might have been a bit distacted (the 7 beers and 4 hours of PA issues didnt help))
the ban was to stop the rejoin and was taken off 15 sec after you left

now if at that point i got a PM asking me why i kicked, i would have said sorry and we would have been done.
a mail to biffy about this
a mail to phil about this
and this post

all because i didnt show him the proper respect

/me wonders who is lacking respect

anyway, i am done defending
i will do the job as have been doing, if you dont like it pm someone else
What about the part where you said I doctored my posts. What about when you lied. You got anything to say about that? Maybe you need to seek some help with your drinking.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 18:39   #47
xontas

i have said all i feel is needed
if you want to continue flaming, go right ahead.
just dont expect me to care

i did what i did thinking you where responding to a line of me, that might be have been wrong
but you my friend are not clean at all

lets just leave it at that shall we
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 19:21   #48
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Heh... he's never been rude to me. Never had a problem talking to him, even when things have gotten a little heated up. *shrugs* life goes on.

Unfortunately s|k, you are not all powerful, you are not a controller of the game, and above all, you are no better than anyone else here. You're a paying customer, I'm a paying customer, *insert random PA player here* is a paying customer... Just because you pay money to play doesn't give you the right to start bashing the staff as you see fit.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 22:33   #49
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think this has gone as far as its going to on the forums, no point leaving it here to turn into even more flaming seeing as neither side is going to step down from their viewpoint.

Biffy's replied, which is all you could ever expect at most from this thread and told you what to do if you want to take it further. Threatening people on here wont get you anywhere other than a poor reputation so i suggest you take this to PM/email with the respective people in PA-team/Jolt.

Quote:
Tahe this as a tip from someone who has been a mod and admin for many years and had people argue and threaten him. When someone has a go at you and threatens you dont react to it, just tell them politely that if they feel you arent doing your job properly they can report you to your superior (in your case Phil i guess). If you are in the right you should have nothing to worry about and it prevents the situation from exploding in your face like this has. This does seem to be taken out of all proportion but in the end you are the one in power so you have to be the one that is seen to be acting responsibly and without fault at all times, thats what comes with having a position of power.

P.S. If anyone wants to complain about me closing this do it in PM please, dont go making a load of new threads about it .