User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Sep 2007, 08:45   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
The Alliance for you

how does everyone know which alliance is for you???

ive been in a fair few alliances over my short time in planetarion, but i dont find any are alliances for me, which completely suit me, if its either the tools, or the HC or even some of the members which make a an alliance right for you?

how does every find the alliance which fits them?

and how do you choose that alliance

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 09:03   #2
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Re: The Alliance for you

one that doesn't suck
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 09:23   #3
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
one that doesn't suck
and what 'sucks'?

Unread 16 Sep 2007, 09:58   #4
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

tbh furball he didnt ask which alliances were recruiting, he wants to know what makes you believe your alliances is right for you.

CBA, ive been in loads of alliances myself and i never seem to gel with some part of that alliance. Mainly for me its about community and buzz in the alliance channel. Ministry for example is very friendly relaxed atmosphere where most of our discussions revolve around rl things as opposed to "omg, planetarion, i just totally roided some n00b"

Plus HC is pretty good when BlueArmy isnt moaning at me for something.

So there pretty much things i look for in an alliance
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 11:18   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

The one which has the greatest amount of cnuts and d*ckheads.
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 11:45   #6
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
and what 'sucks'?
everything left in PA apart from eXi (and maybe Ministry who appear to be the only alliance with the balls to fight)
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 12:01   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

An alliance that has coordinated attacks, competent staff and somewhat likeable members that know what theyre doing and can give back the same to me as i give to them.
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 12:11   #8
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I usually take a few core members/friends with me to make sure the alliance will feel as home. Then there are few men to trust for sure.

Aslong as majority of the alliance are alliance players rather than play for their individual rank, I will feel rather good.

Also a war game is no fun without battles
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 12:52   #9
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

I usually look for alliances with a good % of how chicks etc ... I mean, who wouldnt be happy bout that ?_?
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 15:01   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
everything left in PA apart from eXi (and maybe Ministry who appear to be the only alliance with the balls to fight)

LOL.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 15:18   #11
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
tbh furball he didnt ask which alliances were recruiting, he wants to know what makes you believe your alliances is right for you.

CBA, ive been in loads of alliances myself and i never seem to gel with some part of that alliance. Mainly for me its about community and buzz in the alliance channel. Ministry for example is very friendly relaxed atmosphere where most of our discussions revolve around rl things as opposed to "omg, planetarion, i just totally roided some n00b"

So there pretty much things i look for in an alliance
yeh this is similar to how i feel, but i always seem dissatisfied with the alliance iam in.. a healthy balance between rl talk and planetarion talk i guess is key but how ya fit into an alliance where there so many idiots who play this game, thats the problem

Unread 16 Sep 2007, 15:34   #12
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yeah i'd pretty much hate to be in any alliance you are in, so any alliance without you pretty much suits me, but then again thats just me
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 15:50   #13
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I think i make an alliance good for people. Fact.
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 16:02   #14
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I think i make an alliance good for people. Fact.
This statement is true because you really do think you make an alliance good for people.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 20:22   #15
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Any place with Alki and me in it I guess.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 00:41   #16
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Any place with Alki and me in it I guess.
yeah baby thats where its at
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 01:43   #17
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
yeh this is similar to how i feel, but i always seem dissatisfied with the alliance iam in.
No doubt its down to you being somewhat too 'picky' about your alliance. You are probably going in either consciously or subconsciously expecting every last part of the alliance to fit you like a glove but in reality thats never going to happen because alliances aren't able to cater for your needs alone as your one of 50+ members .

The fact your one of 50+ members also means there's going to others in the alliance you simply wont get on with.

So you end up with a number of small aspects that don't match upto your dream situation and the the old "Grass is always greener" effect takes hold and you start to question if theres an alliance that suits you better elsewhere which sowly but surely turns your minor niggles to major ones until you ultimately talk yourself into being unhappy where you are

Its something pretty much everyone has at some point experienced be it in PA or especially in RL. Most people for example have probably changed jobs or know people who have changed jobs because it doesn't meet their dream position and as such talk themselves into being 'unhappy' and leave but end up equally unhappy at the new place because its still not exactly as they picture their dream job
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 07:33   #18
go1die

go1die is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
i thought you like that
go1die is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 01:29   #19
DonTirri

DonTirri is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh, i myself found my ideal alli on my first PA-round (r22)

Yeah, the f-crew.

A good community, n00b-aid, decent DC's (although i could use some help during the night in that >_>) friendly HC's and an all around good feeling in playing.

One thing that pisses the frak outta me is people who jump Alli's cause of "i am aiming for t50, and i dont think you can help me archieve it".

hmmm... my third (or second? dunno) post and already off-topic. lol.
DonTirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 08:55   #20
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As a complete n00b in PaX, I chose ND because their recruitment threat had Eskimo0O0o & Barrow being funny. And a video of a dutch person licking their own elbow.

Couldn't leave after that.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 08:59   #21
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

It's impossible to lick your own elbow.

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 10:02   #22
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's impossible to lick your own elbow.
I have £20 and a large axe which says its not impossible.
Now come here, and you can prove yourself wrong...
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 10:38   #23
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTirri
One thing that pisses the frak outta me is people who jump Alli's cause of "i am aiming for t50, and i dont think you can help me archieve it".
Its something that's always annoyed me as well. The fact someone wants to be top100 or top50 is great and I applaud their ambition but its the instant gratification factor that annoys me. Its like they believe that having a top rank and membership to a top alliance is their god given right and should be something they have without any effort.

No-one has the god given right to have everything handed to them on a plate, you have to earn it and that might require people to take a longer outlook and help build an alliance into something better (not that I think its impossible for a top100 position to be achieved, if your good enough for a top couple alliance you should be able to be a serious top100 contender if not top50)

As it is it seems people in this community are getting less keen to try and build things and instead we are getting a community thats more and more made up of mercenaries who jump into bed with the group they can get the most benefit from and will give them the easiest life and who then jump ship at the first sign of trouble
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 11:44   #24
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
As a complete n00b in PaX, I chose ND because their recruitment threat had Eskimo0O0o & Barrow being funny. And a video of a dutch person licking their own elbow.

Couldn't leave after that.
Your interview was the best tho!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 19:35   #25
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Your interview was the best tho!
I hope that's been deleted.

Hyperactive 13 year olds are shit & annoying.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2007, 20:20   #26
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
night sky flirted with me. so i joined vision. and paid for her account.

haha thats ledgendary

Unread 25 Sep 2007, 08:01   #27
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
yeah baby thats where its at
No, no it aint
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 16:24   #28
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
thats bull****
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:06   #29
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
No, no it aint
sup cutie
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:20   #30
Landor Maxim

Landor Maxim is an unknown quantity at this point

I see PA is same old same old except Forests quirps are getting shorter
Landor Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote