User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Feb 2006, 18:49   #51
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Re: R16 story so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish

'even ND' has achieved more? ND has achieved more in the last 2 rounds than Angels has since it was formed.
And what exactly would this be?
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:07   #52
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I know enough of the senior members and officers of Angels, as well as the previous command to know that Angels will not win this round. You can quote me on that when the round ends.
and who exactly do YOU think you are? Your a nobody, so how can you comment on anyone else in the universe?
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:13   #53
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
and who exactly do YOU think you are? Your a nobody, so how can you comment on anyone else in the universe?
Fish, in previous rounds, as been an important member of ND and HC. Considering he's talking about previous experiences (' as well as the previous command') from when he was an HC, calling him a nobody is doing the same to every other person who was ND in the past 2 rounds, and he's just as entitled to his opinion.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:21   #54
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
:-) thats simply not true
I think Lokken once told me we could post short IRC logs to illustrate a point. (Sorry Lok, if I'm wrong).

perfectly within the rules - Lok

Quote:
[13:25] <xxx> xx.x.x
[13:26] <xxx> he uses #Fortress for def channel
[13:26] <NitinA|Away> did you not figure it out by yourself? O_O
[13:27] <xxx> not really know
[13:27] <NitinA|Away> -P- #Fortress was registered on 13-03-2004 at 18:32. Currently owned by:
[13:27] <NitinA|Away> -P- Grog - last seen: 0 days, 10:57:44 ago
[13:27] <xxx> haha
-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by lokken; 9 Feb 2006 at 19:33.
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:24   #55
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

use of the "X is trolling me!" tactic

Last edited by lokken; 9 Feb 2006 at 19:35.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:30   #56
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some of this thread makes me want to grate my face off with sandpaper then dip it in a bucket of acid. Still, i'm going to comment, despite presently not being in ND, and apologies to the current HC, I am simply sticking to the previous round's action.

The fact remains - ND despite being inferior in quite a few departments has finished ahead of Angels in the past two rounds (infact they've only been beaten by 1up and Exilition), and has by this very standard, achieved more.

As an advisor for ND prior to this round, I can categorically state that Angels were just like any other alliance to us (one of the opposition) - the fact that they have such a problem with finishing below us in my view speaks volumes, not only about the people within that alliance, but of the success we've produced with limited resources available. Even so ND can't guarantee such success, simply because it isn't as dedicated as some others, so it's got to simply try and be on its toes as much as possible - complacency kills alliances like ND.

As a member of the round 15 command team I was more concerned that we lost to Exilition rather than finishing ahead of Angels, because we tried to focus on being as successful as we could get away with. Even so, Exilition won and fair play to them, we can't ever be bitter to losing to superior, dedicated alliances and when we had our own obvious failings. Moreover, we're angry with ourselves to not being able to go one better. The opposition exist to be awkward. Angels HC in comparison are unable to accept this.

Quite frankly, the fact that a former ND officer can provoke the Angels command into such disgust is pretty ridiculous. Fish can talk some utter tripe sometimes, but the results of round 15 and round 14 are utter, total, absolute and complete fact - learn to accept them - we have.

I have no idea why Angels HC have decided to engage in this discussion again, a discussion which quite frankly, they are always going to lose.

Last edited by lokken; 9 Feb 2006 at 19:37.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:35   #57
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

ND & Angel flames are just the best

Back to the topic, 1up for the win me thinks. If Angels are to be their main competition, then they've won the round already imo! They traditionally have a better memberbase & command but I would think have stronger ties politically to call upon. I say that because of the most recent rounds i played in, in which Angels preferred keeping themselves to themselves?

(I didnt play r14 and r15 i just idled, so someone please correct me if that wasnt the case for Angels then!)

VGN, TGV, LCH, ND & SubH should make for some interesting future wars in regards to achieving a top5 finish. Although if Angels get bashed & a top10 ally quits, it might not be such a heated battle!

There are a lot of contenders fighting towards the top10 as well, I'm expecting Ascendancy to eventually get there if they dont fall apart first.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:38   #58
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
use of the "X is trolling me!" tactic
i didnt moan about him trolling me, and what tactic are you referring to? I stated a fact, you seem unable to see. See what you did, you made me cry:crymeariver:
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:43   #59
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As a member of the round 15 command team I was more concerned that we lost to Exilition rather than finishing ahead of Angels, because we tried to focus on being as successful as we could get away with. Even so, Exilition won and fair play to them, we can't ever be bitter to losing to superior, dedicated alliances and when we had our own obvious failings. Moreover, we're angry with ourselves to not being able to go one better. The opposition exist to be awkward. Angels HC in comparison are unable to accept this.
Nice view on things....but your slightly out of place. I was happy to see ND finish above us, and as I recall we attempted to kingmake you towards the end of the round, or has that been so easily forgotten? Majority of the members didnt even mention your name come end of round when you finished higher than us, was there any need to? As i recall most were only dissapointed in loosing to exi.
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:44   #60
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
ND & Angel flames are just the best

Back to the topic, 1up for the win me thinks. If Angels are to be their main competition, then they've won the round already imo! They traditionally have a better memberbase & command but I would think have stronger ties politically to call upon. I say that because of the most recent rounds i played in, in which Angels preferred keeping themself to themself?

VGN, TGV, LCH, ND & SubH should make for some interesting future wars in regards to achieving a top5 finish. Although if Angels get bashed & a top10 ally quits, it might not be such a heated battle!

There are a lot of contenders fighting towards the top10 as well, I'm expecting Ascendancy to eventually get there if they dont fall apart first.
A reasonable analysis. I think any one of VGN, TGV, ND, Subh should be pleased with top 5. I'd expect LCH to want a bit more than top 5 though.

Angels should finally be able to finish ahead of ND this round and best of luck to them - I certainly wouldn't want 1up running away with it if it was avoidable.

As for Alki, I can only suggest: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=180237 and point 12.
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:47   #61
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
(I didnt play r14 and r15 i just idled, so someone please correct me if that wasnt the case for Angels then!)
quite the opposite in r15
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 19:58   #62
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Nice view on things....but your slightly out of place. I was happy to see ND finish above us, and as I recall we attempted to kingmake you towards the end of the round, or has that been so easily forgotten? Majority of the members didnt even mention your name come end of round when you finished higher than us, was there any need to? As i recall most were only dissapointed in loosing to exi.
I'm not denying anything you say here is true (because it patently is), but the utter contempt certain people within Angels appear to have towards ND overachieving is quite frankly, daft. We're not the one with the HC that's been ranting about our strategies ever since the round ended. I'm going to leave this discussion here, as quite frankly, this is water under the bridge, and i have no desire to revisit it further.

Last edited by lokken; 9 Feb 2006 at 20:04.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 01:42   #63
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hmm, if u mean KJ, well, he aint HC so..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 02:14   #64
lokken
BlueTuba

Go look at his signature. As far as this forum is concerned, he's HC of Angels.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 03:58   #65
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Go look at his signature. As far as this forum is concerned, he's HC of Angels.
He conveniently forgot to remove it ;-)

Angels HC has alot of quality this round, with from what I know of them, are agressive smart and stable.

In round 13 when I did my stint as hc, the group was rather taped together without much of a clear cut plan as to what it wanted to accomplish.

Round 14 saw Angels leave for lch and leave lch to rebuild for r15. So Fish, ND doing better than Angels really isnt saying much.

R15 saw the return of alch and stability and Ive seen quite a few posts on AD of opponents commenting on how it was angels best round. If they wanted to finish second, i think they would have made a strong run at it, but to what end?

Which brings us to this round.

I believe that for the first time since its inception Angels has a plan/capable offensive/defensive and political leaders/stability and full alliance loyalty. I think they are still building on what they accomplished last round. And on a final note, Angels have always done very well when they played in small numbers.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 09:15   #66
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So you've got someone on the forums pretending to be HC of your alliance?

If anyone I know tried doing that, they'd get disciplined pretty quickly.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 09:43   #67
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
He conveniently forgot to remove it ;-)

Angels HC has alot of quality this round, with from what I know of them, are agressive smart and stable.

In round 13 when I did my stint as hc, the group was rather taped together without much of a clear cut plan as to what it wanted to accomplish.

Round 14 saw Angels leave for lch and leave lch to rebuild for r15. So Fish, ND doing better than Angels really isnt saying much.

R15 saw the return of alch and stability and Ive seen quite a few posts on AD of opponents commenting on how it was angels best round. If they wanted to finish second, i think they would have made a strong run at it, but to what end?

Which brings us to this round.

I believe that for the first time since its inception Angels has a plan/capable offensive/defensive and political leaders/stability and full alliance loyalty. I think they are still building on what they accomplished last round. And on a final note, Angels have always done very well when they played in small numbers.
Jezus what a load of bollocks. Yes I'm a member this round because of my OWN CHOICE. Do I bother checking my signature every fking day? No ... I honnestly (though this means nothing to you) forgot to check my AD signature ...

Mind you, when it comes to access (ingame, IRC, tools) I'm an HC. But Alki knows I'm not interfering and that I'll refrain myself from any command decisions simply because I cannot bring up the activity to do the required tasks.

To the rest of your post I agree, last round has by far been our best round and if we had as goal to end before ND (and thus end #2) then we wouldn't have kept hitting Exi while ND had a free ride up the ranks.

Lokken, saying that you ended before us the last 2 rounds (while we ended before you in r13 but nm) means nothing simply because alliances don't fight for individual ranks in the top5 (or atleast Angels doesn't). Settling for #2 is far safer then trying for #1. Because if that fails you probably will take a heavy beating (look at 1up who ended 5th).

Ranks alone don't mean you're the better alliance. I guess we all agree 1up is stronger then ND or Angels, yet they finished behind us in r15 ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 11:52   #68
lokken
BlueTuba

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-1060102.php

Read that, if you don't understand it, stop posting.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 11:56   #69
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
DLR is just an ND wing that plays on its own now. You've not played a single round so even ND has achieved more then DLR as a single entity. Every alliance that finished a round atm has achieved more then DLR.
I wouldn't cast off DLR like that Kj.

I'm certain that if DLR wanted to disrupt or ruin Angel's chances for #1 spot, they could quite easily. Even with only 15 or so members against your 55.

Much more easily than Angels could make significant losses to DLR.

That's why, in my opinion, DLR are superior to Angels.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 12:10   #70
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

I'm certain that if DLR wanted to disrupt or ruin Angel's chances for #1 spot, they could quite easily. Even with only 15 or so members against your 55.

Did you read the last part in my post? I said I did not disrespect DLR whatsoever. I don't know them, They've not played a single round so how can I judge them apart from them being an elite BG inside ND last round?

At no point did I cast off DLR. But to achieve something, don't you have to finish a full round first? No doubt that DLR will show its quality and no doubt they can give Angels, or any alliance for that matter, a rough time.

that you think an alliance that exists since 3 weeks now is superior to an alliance who played 5 rounds of which some rather succesfull is fair enough ... but apologize me for not sharing that opinion.

Mind you when Angels was a BG, with 35 members, we had 2nd average score and roids aswell (at the end of the round, where it matters).

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2006, 12:12   #71
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Difference is Kj, you spent 2/3rds of the round inside another tag, and when you left the tag the ND/1up V LCH/HR etc war was in full swing, and no-one had time or wanted to smack you down, if people wanted to, you would have been!
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 12:58   #72
Tomkat

And they also were #2 on average roids and score.

DLR are currently #1 for average score and average roids. Indicators suggest it'll be that way for quite a while - if not until the end.

No prizes for second place, Kj!
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 13:08   #73
daku
The one you love to hate!

daku is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Heh. I don't say DLR hasn't got the skills but posting those affirmations lacks skills. It's good to be self confident but Geez 15 ppl can't do much against Angels (or they can if Irvine is not on duty). 15x3 = 45 fleets and 55x3 = 165 fleets. And no matter what you say Angels are and will remain a force in PA
Curent member of: Real Life
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 13:18   #74
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Forty five extra fleets incoming every night until the end of the round off pretty solid planets (especially considering they're not exactly breaking the bank on defensive ships) could severely **** up any alliance.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 14:06   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
And they also were #2 on average roids and score.

DLR are currently #1 for average score and average roids. Indicators suggest it'll be that way for quite a while - if not until the end.

No prizes for second place, Kj!
No offense but with 15 members it's piss easy to have the highest avg score. Also, when the real wars start, the winning alliance will surely overtake them in average score/roids. also, check sandmans, you'll notice they aren't #1 in average score/roids.

and Daku, the fish and tomkat are merely posting to provoke me (it's working). They both know Angels is a force to consider in PA. But they're entitled to have their opinion on this.

Next member of Angels that claims they're being trolled in this thread is banned - I haven't received anything via the report post function, which means i'm inferring that you are breaking the rules - Lok

And tbh, I hope DLR does well, we've been down that road before aswell. The more top alliances/groups ... the better for the game.

FA Gaming community

Last edited by lokken; 10 Feb 2006 at 19:36.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 14:14   #76
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Difference is Kj, you spent 2/3rds of the round inside another tag, and when you left the tag the ND/1up V LCH/HR etc war was in full swing, and no-one had time or wanted to smack you down, if people wanted to, you would have been!
I fairly believe no alliance has any interest in smacking DLR wouldn't you think? That is if you remain at your current size and not become hostile against a specific alliance.

But again, it seems you refuse to believe this at all costs ... I do hope DLR does well and in time evolves to a full alliance with equal size and skills to play for the top ranks.

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2006, 15:10   #77
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Erm, that is completely wrong.

When we left LCH the war with 1up was all but over, 1up were mopping up what was left of LCH and you were fighting Reunion. We were a major part of LCH, and vice versa they were a major part in us doing well but how you can try compare that to DLR is beyond me, considering they haven't been in a war for 2 months...and it aint exactly like we focused only on attack fleets, contrary to what DLR seem to be doing..

6:10 peeps, like Cypher wanted us dead, or they just liked sending their fleets at us day in, day out This also contradicts what u said about the war being in full swing because im pretty sure 1up wouldnt let their biggest members go hitting Angels planets if they were in a war that was in "full swing"with LCH/HR etc..

Oh, and im pretty sure you dont "know enough senior members/officers" in Angels as to be able to categorize us as unintelligent.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 15:24   #78
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daku
15x3 = 45 fleets and 55x3 = 165 fleets. And no matter what you say Angels are and will remain a force in PA
15 x 3 = 45 fleets. Sure. That's about 1 fleet per member per night. Angels would no way be able to cover it. Just a week of it would demoralise the alliance and there isn't much they could do about it.

55 x 3? But to be "55 x 3" means that firstly every member of Angels has to attack each night, which we both know is unrealistic. Let's be optimistic, and make it 40 instead of 55. It also means each of those 40 players would be 3 fleeting. Tut, tut! Let's allow them to 2 fleet, as we both know Angels wouldn't silly enough to 3 fleet.

So it becomes 40 x 2 = 80. About 4 waves per DLR member. But that means you'd sure be short on roids. Angels would drop, and wouldn't be able to compete for a top spot. Also, your players would get quite sick of having the 4th wave of a planet without many roids.

Meanwhile, DLR would be getting their roids back off you, getting XP in the process, and rising up the ranks.

So Angels would lose out on their top spot from concentrating on DLR, whereas DLR don't really have much to lose except roids, which can be gained back.

You really haven't thought this through

Just to tie up this post, I'd like to point out I never said "Angels isn't a force to be reckoned with". They're rank 2 and have proved themselves over 3 rounds. Of course they're a force to be reckoned with - I'd be an idiot if I said different. I just said that DLR should not be underestimated.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 15:25   #79
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

None of the above views are the offical views of DLR

Signed

The DLR command team
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 15:38   #80
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
15 x 3 = 45 fleets. Sure. That's about 1 fleet per member per night. Angels would no way be able to cover it. Just a week of it would demoralise the alliance and there isn't much they could do about it.

55 x 3? But to be "55 x 3" means that firstly every member of Angels has to attack each night, which we both know is unrealistic. Let's be optimistic, and make it 40 instead of 55. It also means each of those 40 players would be 3 fleeting. Tut, tut! Let's allow them to 2 fleet, as we both know Angels wouldn't silly enough to 3 fleet.

So it becomes 40 x 2 = 80. About 4 waves per DLR member. But that means you'd sure be short on roids. Angels would drop, and wouldn't be able to compete for a top spot. Also, your players would get quite sick of having the 4th wave of a planet without many roids.

Meanwhile, DLR would be getting their roids back off you, getting XP in the process, and rising up the ranks.

So Angels would lose out on their top spot from concentrating on DLR, whereas DLR don't really have much to lose except roids, which can be gained back.

You really haven't thought this through

Just to tie up this post, I'd like to point out I never said "Angels isn't a force to be reckoned with". They're rank 2 and have proved themselves over 3 rounds. Of course they're a force to be reckoned with - I'd be an idiot if I said different. I just said that DLR should not be underestimated.
This is a very good analysis, Tomkat. But this goes for every alliance not? Any elite group of 15 will gain more if they hit a top alliance (that wants to go for #1) then if that top alliance would hit them back. that's just basic game dynamics.

If tomorrow the 15 best, most active 1up members would unite and play the style DLR does, then they'd also be the position DLR is in and they'd also be able to ruin a round for any top alliance, especially if the limit is 55.

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2006, 15:49   #81
Tomkat

Yes, you're right Kj. Same for 15 top Angels players doing it.

Makes the 50-60 alliance limit quite interesting, although I seriously doubt we'll see smaller alliances like DLR take on Angels (or any other of the "big" alliances) - there isn't much in it for them, is there?

The theory is still interesting, though.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 16:08   #82
Alki
Drink is Good

why not, if i could screw someones round over, or at least decide the winner, why not
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 16:09   #83
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Yes, you're right Kj. Same for 15 top Angels players doing it.

Makes the 50-60 alliance limit quite interesting, although I seriously doubt we'll see smaller alliances like DLR take on Angels (or any other of the "big" alliances) - there isn't much in it for them, is there?

The theory is still interesting, though.
Indeed, the current memberslimit makes it for small elite groups to have a greater impact on the achievements and performance of another alliance

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2006, 18:01   #84
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Erm, that is completely wrong.

6:10 peeps, like Cypher wanted us dead, or they just liked sending their fleets at us day in, day out .
Sorry, but we hardly had any targets to launch at.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 20:01   #85
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I (and I think Kj was also) was referring to R12
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 04:10   #86
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I htink its great for DLR atm. When they were in newdawn and had to send defence everynight, they were ending top 100-120ish, now with no obligation to do any alliance work and no worry about getting into any wars period, some of them can finally get the top 50ish finish that they have deserved so long.
Nice.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 07:51   #87
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Chika I never thought I'd pos rep you!

So I didn't

but still I didn't neg rep you thats got to count for something lol

For the record all this talk about DLR is hillarious.

Look we are not playing serious, we don't want to know what wars are going on and we don't care! We want to have fun, with a group of friends that have been playing this very stupid online txt based game. Much to the people in our lifes dismay might I add. So in order to maintain some sort of RL and yet still be able to brag about what we capped and or killed we decided to take a round off and have fun. It's in fact the most fun round I have ever played.

KJ - we don't worry about or dislike you or angels either

Fish and Tomkat. Don't be so quick to defend DLR from crazy assertions from people that think they know anything

Ninta - #fortress is NOT a fake or REAL def channel although the only intel thaty was correct in your statement is that it is registered by Grog.

anyways if anyone has any REAL question about DLR then feel free to come to #dlr our not so public IRC channel on netgamers and ask me there.

Disclaimer: Fish and Tomkat patrol the waters there so flaming and insults tend to fly like cat fur on a full moon
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 08:42   #88
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

#fortresss used to be the BP channel of last round
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 10:40   #89
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

all this talking about "we are not plaiyng serious" are making me sick.

if you play you play, "not serious" doesnt count at all. all these wannabe-excuses are bullshit.

if you cant play actively you cant play actively, that doesnt mean you dont play serious. can all of you people please use a different description for your inability to play successful (or the ability to play successful).

"im not playing serious" seriously sucks.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 10:44   #90
The_Fish
ND

Serious is the right word. Previously when I got a phone call at 4am to tell me I was being attacked, I would wake up and try to sort it. Now i ignore it and go back to sleep.

I sometimes spent 14 hours a day on this game, now I log in to launch, log in to check scans and log in to see the BR, I am not taking the game as serious as I previously did. (Irony that I'm doing better than normal right?)
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 10:47   #91
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Serious is the right word. Previously when I got a phone call at 4am to tell me I was being attacked, I would wake up and try to sort it. Now i ignore it and go back to sleep.

I sometimes spent 14 hours a day on this game, now I log in to launch, log in to check scans and log in to see the BR, I am not taking the game as serious as I previously did. (Irony that I'm doing better than normal right?)
active and actively has nothing to do with serious and not serious.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 10:50   #92
The_Fish
ND

I am not taking the game seriously this round.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 10:53   #93
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
active and actively has nothing to do with serious and not serious.
The Dictionary says...

se·ri·ous
adj.
2. Deeply interested or involved: a serious card player.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 11:02   #94
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
The Dictionary says...

se·ri·ous
adj.
2. Deeply interested or involved: a serious card player.

yea - but i think it depends on the context. i play serious with the few time i have. i cannot play as active as in past (like being much on irc etc.) but still play it serious - i. e. trying to attack smart etc.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 11:18   #95
lokken
BlueTuba

The correlation between "not playing serious" and "highest average in the game" is one that makes me lol.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 11:25   #96
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, you dont really have to be active to be an xpwhore
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 11:38   #97
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, you dont really have to be active to be an xpwhore
doesnt mean you dont play serious

VfL Bochum >*

Last edited by Legator; 11 Feb 2006 at 11:43.
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 11:39   #98
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The correlation between "not playing serious" and "highest average in the game" is one that makes me lol.
The highest average in the game kinda belongs to XPhorzRus though
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 13:26   #99
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

"Officer, I robbed the bank, but I wasn't serious"
Unread 11 Feb 2006, 15:26   #100
Tomkat

I think what fish means by saying "I'm not playing serious", is that he isn't that bothered if he doesn't do so well at the end of the round, Legator.

(I don't know if that is - it's what I assume).

Seriousness in my eyes is "how bothered you are if you lose ships or roids". And I don't think fish is that bothered, compared to previous rounds.