User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Nov 2005, 21:56   #51
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Rule

I of course have to say that this is once again a very sad day where HQ once again limit the game. Limit the way that skills/politics/friendship dominate the game... cba to say more about this fact.

Then about the new rule. Well you can feal free to make the rules you like as we have obviously seen in the past, but also remember that you have to post it so that EVERYONE has a fairly good chance to see it (overview would be a good place).

Also I will have to say that I am for sure one of the accounts being refered to. I did sign up with the only purpose being to help "my" alliance (didnt know it would be from outside the tag though). Now I ofcourse have to change that goal and and I will of course do that now by sending a few def fleets to defend another alliance once in a while. Weather I have actualy changed my goal I will let other ppl to judge (including MH team), but it's for sure that about half of my def fleets going out from now on will be to non-EX ppl.
But hey am I then playing for another alliance? Am I now not allowed to def any alliance at all? Now this is of course not fair questions, but it is still a funny formulation that out of alliance out of gal defence can put you under investigation and closure. Good luck judging weather it is my sole purpose to def and scan for Exilition (and a bit more on that below).
Nomatter what then I hardly think I can be blamed for sending the majority of my def launches to defend ppl in EX who did fight hard for me in several rounds and who has given me lots of rounds of pleasure (yeah in the sex0ring way too ofc!!!).

Then when all this is said I of course have to state that MH team has to stick to 18.8* of the eula at any time so this kinda takes this new rule out of effect as you will find it god damn hard to figure out if my sole purpose is to help EX.

18.8. Evidence of Cheating
(a) Use of proxies and anonymizers.
(b) All interaction between accounts in the presence of other evidence
(c) More than one account using the same IP
(d) Any logged Account behaviour which appears to demonstrate a form of
farming.
(e) Shared registration information or preferences options from accounts in
the presence of other evidence.
(f) False signup information will result in immediate closure.
(g) IRC logs can be used as evidence if they are supported by other evidence
(h) Potential evidence of cheating does not always mean your Account will be
closed, if you feel you are doing something which may be regarded as
cheating which is not covered by the in-game exceptions system on the preferences page, please register to be
considered for an exception by emailing
multihunter.com.

btw. some of you will be able to see the irony in this post. For the rest of you feal free to post lots of crap aggainst it as I dont read these forums anyways (besides when new rules are made or when ppl really wants me to) :xmas:

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 21:57   #52
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
. If you complain about xans being overpowered, why didn't you pick them to play with? You surely should have seen them being good pre-round, so you can't really ask them to change them mid-round based on that.
Tell that to all the new players playing the game for the first time. I am not complaining about it myself, I picked my race for a totally different reason..
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 21:57   #53
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Not at all Storebo, that's the point.

You can't close players for a rule that doesn't exist, THEN re-evaluate it and THEN establish it.

Scan accounts have offered defence to a degree since I first played in Round 2.

They did in in WolfPack R13 for me, 1up R13 for me, ToF, 1up R14, eXilition R15. <- That's my experience.

You can't go around closing people for it now without warning them.
How many been closed for that allready?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 21:58   #54
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Then close them for Multi'ing not defending.
Hard to get proof for that theese days.
[1up]
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 21:59   #55
cbk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
If everyone is supposed to defend everyone, why do their limit alliance size's?
ehhh I could turn that around and ask you why is it posible to def a planet by your own free will if its illegal? Using your argument HQ have to make the code limit it.

No seriously the alliance size is limited as then only 80 ppl can get the benefits that an alliance gives.

cbk
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:01   #56
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible

I must say i totally agree. I wonder who control the PA team
"dance my puppets, dance!"
[1up]
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:03   #57
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

And stop the scanner theory – I’m myself is a scanner - outside the ingame deff (now days with deff ships) and always doing things according to rules….

I’m still here without beeing kicked???
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:03   #58
BaSSe

BaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to beholdBaSSe is a splendid one to behold

Some questions come to my mind after reading this:

This means scanners that are not in the tag are also illegal? Or do they have to have ships to be illegal?

If a bunch of scanners go together and make a tag and then defend the alliances they scan for. Would this be legal then?

It also means if ie 2 alliances ally they can`t cross defend. (all mil strategist know that targetting 1 of the allys gives the best effect).
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:06   #59
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSSe

This means scanners that are not in the tag are also illegal? Or do they have to have ships to be illegal?

If a bunch of scanners go together and make a tag and then defend the alliances they scan for. Would this be legal then?

It also means if ie 2 alliances ally they can`t cross defend. (all mil strategist know that targetting 1 of the allys gives the best effect).
Dont mention it, they will ban that too if brought up by someone who cant handle the given rules of the game.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:07   #60
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
How can you justify doing this, how the HELL can you justify doing this? Radical changes mid game is what is killing PA. You see everyone complain about the uberness of the TZEN and you do nothing.

You see someone complain about people getting defence and you react?

Have you guys totally lost it? Have you no brains at all anymore?

You decide to change the rules midgame, and that's like removing the offside rule in the middle of a football game.

You just DONT do IT!

I will definitly leave PA after this round because i've had it with an incompetent PA crew who never listens when someone raises questions and issues but react while others do it. This favourism i've been seeing from the PA crew this last round clearly indicates that they are "bought" and corrupted.
While I dont personally agree with this change myself all i have to say to you Kargool is stfu. You may not like the change but starting spinning these conspirocy theories is just not on and trying to pull the old "I'll quit" method to try and force a change is certainly not on
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:10   #61
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
I'm going to take a guess and say that they didnt listen to you complaining about someone else exploiting the game, but you got caught, or a m8 did, and now they are closed. This is why you are angry.
Spot on the money by the looks of it.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:13   #62
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
While I dont personally agree with this change myself all i have to say to you Kargool is stfu. You may not like the change but starting spinning these conspirocy theories is just not on and trying to pull the old "I'll quit" method to try and force a change is certainly not on
Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion about issues. While you want to continue to wank the PA crews e-penis, I have no problems with expressing my disagreements with the PA crew, and seriously, you cant really belive that this ISNT something that someone who has the ears of the PA crew has whined long enough about to get their opinion though.

I refuse to reply to more on this thread. Anyone who wants to discuss with me knows where I am.

I personally HATE that the current PA crew has done everything withing their power to tear down PA, and they have surely succeeded.

Last man out have to turn off the lights.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:21   #63
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I have NEVER cheated in this game, and I never will cheat in any game. The thing that makes me go off is that they just decide to listen to SOME complaints about something they clearly cant control, and when they **** up with f.ex the stats they just refuse to change it.

The level of consistensy is appalling.
Pretty much all alliances seem to support it, strange that.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:22   #64
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion about issues. While you want to continue to wank the PA crews e-penis, I have no problems with expressing my disagreements with the PA crew, and seriously, you cant really belive that this ISNT something that someone who has the ears of the PA crew has whined long enough about to get their opinion though.

I refuse to reply to more on this thread. Anyone who wants to discuss with me knows where I am.

I personally HATE that the current PA crew has done everything withing their power to tear down PA, and they have surely succeeded.

Last man out have to turn off the lights.
I didnt say you couldnt express your disagreements with the decision but your actions in that post were below the belt. Theres a number of occasions in this games history where people have pulled such stunts and made such rumours and have done as much damage to the game as anyone by doing it (either by forcing PATeams hand when something would have improved the game but maybe not helped the alliances, or by simply persuading people not to play and pay with their lies)

If you want to make comments go ahead as critism is constructive and good for the game BUT if your just going to be a tit then dont bother waiting to the end of the round to quit, piss off now because while your acting like this your a cancer on the game

Oh and the comment "While you want to continue to wank the PA crews e-penis" is just pure comedy gold. I'm one of the last people you can accuse of sucking up to PA Team ffs
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:23   #65
Jorinn
Toyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
*snip*

cbk
On the plus side, you can now just 3 fleet defend me in-gal.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:26   #66
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSSe

In my eyes this means that you cannot defend anyone but your own alliance and your galaxy (maybe cluster, too - who knows? cluster could be limited to alliance-less people). At the same time, you can only be defended by your alliance (or cluster if no alliance?) and your galaxy.

That would also answer your second question.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:27   #67
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
He prolly cba to defend a whinistry
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:28   #68
cbk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
ROFL that actualy hit it right on the spot!!!! obviously you > me \o/

/me goes back to slapping Rhino

cbk
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:29   #69
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Where's the information regarding this in PA-mail or In-game at all for the 2000 players that don't use the forums?
I agree with that, Hell knows how many days the overview link has been there, or when it may have diappeared!!

Basically Alliances are now forced to use the in-game system, and are not allowed more than 80 members?

I am a little uneasy.

I mean alot of alliance didn't used to use the tagging method, I understand that the game needs balance, no Fury / Legion senarios, but I am still un-sure if this is the way to do it.

If people are Multiing, or are suspected to be multiing, because they are specific planets then fine, else it's harder to control and sort out.

All I know is that I had a warning before round start that someone else in my family used a similar password to me! I mean WTF?? I'm glad I didn't use a "Generic" password like alot of people.

The exception system still isn't up either, which is odd. I thought it was a great idea, automatically keeping balance. What the game needs is more roids, avaliable for mid-range players.. imo..
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:31   #70
Jorinn
Toyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible
He prolly cba to defend a whinistry
What is this "whinestry" you talk of?

By the way, may i introduce the word "maturity" to you?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:34   #71
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Please excuse the way this is chosen to be worded. This was said in #support by me in the past 30mins ish and I think it sums this all up pretty nicely. 
----

This system is to stop planets that are being build to PURELY increase the size of an alliance just un officially. Thus getting themselves around the limits currently in place.

As I have tried to say before, the MH will not just look at a planet, see it has out of alliance defended and out of galled and then close it. We will look for specific patters to see were this defense is coming from / going too. If we find that a planet is purely defending the members of one alliance all the time then it will look slightly suspicious to us, and could result in a closure of the planet in question.

We are not just going to suddenly close every planet that defends their mate.

You are all looking at this form a way to extreme point of view.

Try too see what we have put in place, a method to prevent alliance from getting round the new limits and to try to level out the game and give the smaller alliances more of a chance.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:36   #72
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I'm not in support of this rule, they're making it black and white... obviously a lot of people do cheat with these def planets that have 9 roids and only build vipers, or whatever - but they're also lumping legitimate scan planets in with the cheating scum. Next thing we know it'll be illegal to be outside an alliance in case we support an alliance by attacking the same target as them!

Having said that, we will of course adapt to this new rule over time, I remember a lot were opposed to hardcoded alliances in principle (and I'm still not convinced it's a good idea, but we're used to it now).
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:37   #73
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I have to say i totally support this new rule, albeit they could have let people know about it a little better, ie overview..

It seems only one alliance has people who disagree with this.....??
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:38   #74
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

If you ask me:

Increase Ally limit by 10 and ask scanners to wear their ally tag or risk being kicked under this rule. Easier to do that then to disern between scanners and support planets.

The ally limit is there to prevent allainces growing too big. So all the questions about allainces helping each other out and such can be answered obviously. Ur not allowed. NAP... yes, Joined-attacks... questionable, joined-Def... no.

Cos in reality ur just a big 160 person allaince then.

My 2 cents.
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:42   #75
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You decide to change the rules midgame, and that's like removing the offside rule in the middle of a football game.

You just DONT do IT!
so very true you make a game plan based on the rules, do we need to factor random rule changes into our plans from now on ? i guess so tbh bad form, you could also look at it like changing a contract 1/2 way through and just exspecting the other party to just except it ..... what next you can't do jgp for anyone or you can only defend your mate on a full moon while standing on one foot and having 1 finger up your nose .... again its LOL time i would love to say unbeliveable but i would be fooling myself
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:46   #76
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Not at all Storebo, that's the point.

You can't close players for a rule that doesn't exist, THEN re-evaluate it and THEN establish it.

Scan accounts have offered defence to a degree since I first played in Round 2..
scan planets will show a history of doing something OTHER than sending defense fleets.....and as for your first sentance, you most certainly can close them, as they are acting in a manor that's not in the best interest of fairness
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:48   #77
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
How can you justify doing this, how the HELL can you justify doing this? Radical changes mid game is what is killing PA. You see everyone complain about the uberness of the TZEN and you do nothing.

You see someone complain about people getting defence and you react?

Have you guys totally lost it? Have you no brains at all anymore?

You just DONT do IT!

I will definitly leave PA after this round because i've had it with an incompetent PA crew who never listens when someone raises questions and issues but react while others do it. This favourism i've been seeing from the PA crew this last round clearly indicates that they are "bought" and corrupted.
your sure whining an awful lot if you have nothing to hide, and if this doesn't effect your alliance.....
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:48   #78
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandian
so very true you make a game plan based on the rules, do we need to factor random rule changes into our plans from now on ? i guess so tbh bad form, you could also look at it like changing a contract 1/2 way through and just exspecting the other party to just except it ..... what next you can't do jgp for anyone or you can only defend your mate on a full moon while standing on one foot and having 1 finger up your nose .... again its LOL time i would love to say unbeliveable but i would be fooling myself
Haha, then it would be fun deffing
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:49   #79
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
scan planets will show a history of doing something OTHER than sending defense fleets.....and as for your first sentance, you most certainly can close them, as they are acting in a manor that's not in the best interest of fairness
That's a moral issue.

Closing planets isn't, at least not when Rules aren't in place.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:52   #80
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Tell that to all the new players playing the game for the first time. I am not complaining about it myself, I picked my race for a totally different reason..
New players aren't supposed to know the stats that well, thus it doesn't matter. They play their first round and they learn. They play their second round and they still learn. After a couple of rounds they should have learned that stats will ALWAYS have a "flaw" of some kind. It's not like noobs are running around shouting "omfgz wtfz this statsz0r suckz0r", but rather asking "How should I set my fleet up? What scan do I use to check what's coming against me? etc"

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure PA Team does everything in their might to tear PA down
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:54   #81
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Good rule

OOGOOA Defence? Bad name
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:54   #82
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Well fair play to the Admins for finally taking this rounds actions into play. Now, for the people who are moaning can you please define a scan planet. As far as i was aware alliances only need a max of say 5 scan planets. Now, why cant they be within the tag? Why are they outside of it?

I have played this round and attacked a certain alliance, i wont mention who it is, but seeing the amount of defence they get outside of the alliance tag, means there trying to claim they have 30+ Scan plannets? Dont be stupid fs. I totally agree to this rule and fair play to the admins, still think it was a bit late but well done and i hope people realize this. Strange btw its only people from one alliance mostly that are complaining on here. Just thought id add that.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:57   #83
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz

I have played this round and attacked a certain alliance, i wont mention who it is, but seeing the amount of defence they get outside of the alliance tag, means there trying to claim they have 30+ Scan plannets?

where do u know from if a planet is in a tag? u must have a spy on HC lvl who can see the entire ingame memberlist or access to the admin tools
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:59   #84
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EULA
3. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion.
Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your
Account. Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the
notification available for your review.
I have just logged into my account, I see no mention of this change being made although you are within your power to make such a change

Also following from last round, alliances may have had a large number of people that wished to play for that tag again, the limit was changed, what about any extra people?
Simply, they HC had to make a choice, the ones I have seen left the scanners out of tag to make greater use of more active players fleets. I even remember vaguely a post by Sid saying some scanners had been left out of the 1up tag. Now these people will have worked for their alliance in whatever capacity, be it scanning or defending, suddenly they can no longer help the alliance defend their members, what can they give back to their alliance now?

[/2pence]
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:59   #85
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so these support planets now go suicide on the offence, mmk.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:59   #86
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Well fair play to the Admins for finally taking this rounds actions into play. Now, for the people who are moaning can you please define a scan planet. As far as i was aware alliances only need a max of say 5 scan planets. Now, why cant they be within the tag? Why are they outside of it?
Also... scan planets are scan planets.. If they are outside the tag.. can't they just stick to just scanning and leave defending to the ones inside the tag? They limit the size in order to make large factions harder and to make the round more fluid as the memberbase keeps shrinking and to large alliances will destroy the round way to early. If an alliance have 50 extra planets.. real life friends or multies whatever... it is still and unfair advantage.
[1up]
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:00   #87
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
I have just logged into my account, I see no mention of this change being made although you are within your power to make such a change

Also following from last round, alliances may have had a large number of people that wished to play for that tag again, the limit was changed, what about any extra people?
Simply, they HC had to make a choice, the ones I have seen left the scanners out of tag to make greater use of more active players fleets. I even remember vaguely a post by Sid saying some scanners had been left out of the up tag. Now these people will have worked for their alliance in whatever capacity, be it scanning or defending, suddenly they can no longer help the alliance defend their members, what can they give back to their alliance now?

[/2pence]
Just read your overview message. The link to the rule change is there since over one hour.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:01   #88
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
where do u know from if a planet is in a tag? u must have a spy on HC lvl who can see the entire ingame memberlist or access to the admin tools
the same way most established alliances know the bulk of the coords of their enemies - intelligence.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:03   #89
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk

Simply, they HC had to make a choice, the ones I have seen left the scanners out of tag to make greater use of more active players fleets. I even remember vaguely a post by Sid saying some scanners had been left out of the up tag. Now these people will have worked for their alliance in whatever capacity, be it scanning or defending, suddenly they can no longer help the alliance defend their members, what can they give back to their alliance now?

[/2pence]
Uhm.... they are SCANNERS ffs.. the focus on building amps and be able to save their alliance from landing on loads of defence. Sid said scanners where left outside the tag.. yes.... and they don't do defence.. they speciallise on scans. They can continue helping the alliance with scans.
[1up]
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:04   #90
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Like I say in chruch every sunday (yeh right): Ameeeeeen
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:05   #91
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

clearly planets who just build say vips n spiders, and def top allies are cheating.

Its not repaying an alliance when you cant be active enough (unless thats how you persuade people to do it kargool), otherwise theyd still be making pods as well. What the hell is the point in playing a game like pa with the sole intention of defending someone else, unless its a second account thats not your primary but is used to help your alliance?

The rule is great, as long as the MH's dont abuse it and delete everyone who defends their rl mates etc as that would be taking it too far. If they dont, the rule will help the people who arent cheating.

Maybe thats why your so worried kargool?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:08   #92
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

making playing the game at a reasonable level NEEDING scanners is exceptionally shit & needs to be rectified.
personally i have nothing against def-only planets or whatever as long as they're in tag. the ingame tag's there for a reason.

furthermore i also believe scanners should be in tag. (i mean, if one style of play minded planets are wrong then why limit only at def?)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:08   #93
[Unknown]
Angels

[Unknown] is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok this idea just popped to my mind and could sound a bit crazy but here goes:

How about increasing the ally size by 5, but the increased 5 can ONLY be scanners. Also when signs up come along, make a function where u say you are playing as a scanner or not. When u are playing as a scanner, some options are limited (like a free account) for example, like only having a max of 500 roids for being a scanner, a limit of ships......or something like that.

Crazy? Imo it would stop the 'well what if they are a scanner and they want to deff their ally'

It would stop that from happening right?

But yeah Im sure the pa team could think or something like having a scanner option in the sign up page

EDIT**

Of course only paid accounts can be scanners.
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:09   #94
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
My condolences and respect go to eXiltion HC if you are anything to go by as an eX member.

Back to the topic. Congratulations on a good decision.

And would someone like to give a ratio on number of def fleets sent to alliance/gal members : number of def fleets sent to non alliance/ non galaxy members?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:10   #95
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

i disagree very much to the rule. as im an inactive scanner with quite an amount of ships, i wanna deffend my former ally(ex) and any other friends that would ask me.
for players in a tag its an ok rule, but for us that aint its quite shit...
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:10   #96
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

good move

but a pity such a limit must be placed on the game

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:12   #97
Neutrino

Neutrino is an unknown quantity at this point

First off if an alliance wants the benfit of a scanner they should include them within there ranks imo.

Secondly the reason in alliance defence gets an eta bonus surely must be to differentiate between an alliance member and some1 who may know people in a particular alliance.
Having said that I see know reason why defence planets ( assuming they are owned and paid for by real non-multiing people) should not be allowed to defend whoever they want to, if they choose to defend an alliance which may containe friends or aquaintances then they should be allowed to. They are indepednat players there can be absolutley no reason for saying who they should or shouldnt be able to defend, or are such players second class citizens? If they do choose to defend an alliance they will receive no eta bonus making it more difficult for them to efectively defend teh alliance.

Finally if the above is not the case and all 'defence planets' are to be closed then why does the alliance defence bonus exist? WHy not just give a bonus of eta-1 to all defending fleets no matter there target? This should make no difference to alliances, since other would not be allowed to defend them anyway, it would simplt make it a bit more fare for those who havnt joined an alliance.
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:13   #98
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
the same way most established alliances know the bulk of the coords of their enemies - intelligence.
really? which scan does give u the info if a planet is in a specific tag ingame? u know i can defend for example ToF without beeing in their tag and noone will ever find out if i am in their tag or not. so pls enlighten me how those established alliances do find that out
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:14   #99
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

and atleast give us a fking decent name not that fred simpson shit
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 23:14   #100
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
you can see the lil buggers when you are eta 8, and jgp the planet, and see a planet send vipers only with travel speed 4. There you go

Should even out the battlefield now if you ask me.

And i thought exi werent allowed to post on forums, or was that a lol omg lol lie?

Quote:
really? which scan does give u the info if a planet is in a specific tag ingame? u know i can defend for example ToF without beeing in their tag and noone will ever find out if i am in their tag or not. so pls enlighten me how those established alliances do find that out
standard intelligence of a exi player nowadays eh