User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Apr 2009, 22:49   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Back to basics

Hello!

What is the possibility of a completely back-to-basics FREE round, to try and entice new players?

When I say back-to-basics, I mean:
  • Only 2 races (Cathaar and Terran)
  • No covert ops
  • No population
  • No government
  • No hard-coded alliances
  • Entirely random gals
  • No XP
  • Score gets scrapped and value becomes "score"

I'd be interested to see if this would bring any new players to the game.

I just think that the game is ridiculously complicated now - a lot of us don't realise this as we've learnt the changes as time has gone on. It is INCREDIBLY complicated though - and pretty overwhelming for new players.
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 23:00   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Back to basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Hello!

What is the possibility of a completely back-to-basics FREE round, to try and entice new players?

• No covert ops
  • No population
  • No government
  • Entirely random gals
  • No XP

I just think that the game is ridiculously complicated now - a lot of us don't realise this as we've learnt the changes as time has gone on. It is INCREDIBLY complicated though - and pretty overwhelming for new players.
The problem is going back to basics would only ever attract the most casual gamers and some of what you are wanting to remove (Going back to soley value based score system for example) is going back to something which even when the numbers were rising was the biggest cause of driving casual players away from the game. If to have any chance of progressing you need to put in 12 hours a day and then need to be involved to hardcore levels on the alliance side to help protect yourself and months of work can then be wiped out by a bad night or a real life issue or commitment preventing you logging in then its simply not a game that stays appealing to casuals for long
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 23:02   #3
Sponge_Bob

Sponge_Bob is just really niceSponge_Bob is just really niceSponge_Bob is just really niceSponge_Bob is just really niceSponge_Bob is just really nice

./me votes for this as a side game? have njublets pa and normal pa?
Sponge_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 23:07   #4
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

nothing wrong with a bit of light relief, a break from the norm, id scrap cath and just go with terran since emp breaks stats.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2009, 00:10   #5
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Hello!

• No covert ops
  • No population
  • No government
  • Entirely random gals
  • No XP

I would love a back to basics game. I may be looking through rose tinted glasses but i agree whole heartedly with the sentiment. It is ridiculously complicated, i mean really ridiculously complicated.

It's like one horrible maths equation sometimes.....
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2009, 00:12   #6
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Perhaps this could be done as a side thing and not a main round to test it out? Maybe a speed round, or maybe a seperate competition short round (like the old world cups etc).
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2009, 00:15   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I think there should be things like this going on inbetween rounds, as GReaper said, like the old world cup.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2009, 10:45   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I disagree with this suggestion.
The primary reason is that you do not promote the game that people are supposed to play, but instead a version of the game that had so many issues in itself that players even stopped playing back then.
While I do agree that the game is more complex now, I would not call it more complicated.
Unread 1 May 2009, 12:52   #9
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I think there should be things like this going on inbetween rounds, as GReaper said, like the old world cup.
people still need time off from the game, putting it mid round just seems like another speedgame or havoc, where not everybody plays. Having it as an actual round could just bring a bit of fun back as opposed to the usual seriousness.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote