User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 02:57   #1
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Ship Stat Analysis

This post is mostly about getting my predictions in writting. I have run an analysis of the ships stats that is based purely on two factors, ships relative initiative and the relative targeting of each ship. Because this is still a work in progress I will not reveal the details of how my analysis works right yet, but I will make the following predictions, some of which may apear obvious but others may not. Keep in mind my analysis does no take into effect firepower and armour, so balance my predictions based against those known ratios.

Firstly some ships that will be good this round:
Terran:
Gryphon and Dragon will rock.
Cath:
Roach and Spider are the best ships in the game.
Xan:
Only rocking ship for the xans will be Nightmare, overall Xan ships are a very mixed bag, some really good ships and some really bad ones.
Zik:
Best Zik ship will be Corsair, my analysis doesn't account for the stealing factor, but overall Zik will be weaker then last round.

Ships that will do poorly:
Terran:
Drake, Basilisk, Chimera
Cath:
Blackwidow
Xan:
Ghost, Specter, Apparition are the worst ships in the game
Zik:
Clipps, Bucs, Pirates are all weak

Overall things discovered by analysis:
There are a TON of DEs this round (nine) and lots of things that fire at them, making DE fleets of any sort messy. Overall Terran and Xan are about even, and Cath/Terran/Xan are about the same initiative balance as last round with Ziks being significantly weaker then last round.

Anyway this analysis tool is a work in progress, we'll see how the round treats this method. You are of course welcome to agree or disagree with my analysis to your heart's content, only time will tell if there is any merrit to my method.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote