User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:42   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Wind up laptop for the third world?

Wow. Looks interesting. Wonder what it`s spec is? Only $100. Anyone else here know more about this? Just click on "watch bbc news in video" and then click on "Sci-tech". http://news.bbc.co.uk/.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.

Last edited by pyirt; 17 Nov 2005 at 21:33.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:45   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Wind up laptop for the third world?

Hrm, I seem to have gotten lost. I followed the "Latest News in Video and Audio" link and then only found "Science Friday" which led me to an interesting discussion of sugar crab mating. After a few minutes of watching this I back tracked, clicked on "Health and Science" which led to a couple of nasty audio pieces on colon cancer detection. They should've used video, would have been more helpful. Anyhow. Could you tell me again which link to follow? Or wait, better yet, just fall over and die. Thanks.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:47   #3
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4445060.stm

there should be a video link somewhere on the right hand side
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:48   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Slayer
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4445060.stm

there should be a video link somewhere on the right hand side
Yes, this morning I woke up to play "find the ****ing link to medicority." Yesterday's "yellow brick road to the wizard of oz" was a bit more fun, don't you think?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 20:56   #5
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

So old.

Anyways, 1gig of flashmemory, around 500MHz cpu.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 21:35   #6
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad for $100 I guess.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 01:35   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

A wind up laptop thats powered by a penguin.

What ever will they think of next....
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 01:43   #8
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

solar powered torch
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 03:42   #9
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Why the influx of new people?
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 04:17   #10
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Gives you someone to negrep so why complain
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 04:25   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

they have me already, Shyne.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 11:46   #12
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Load some asshole put 'cos you're a twat on reputation thing.

What a fantastic community this is, you ****.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 11:52   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just ignore it. i love you <3
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 13:16   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Load some asshole put 'cos you're a twat on reputation thing.

What a fantastic community this is, you ****.
No u
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 14:53   #15
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Thanks, the tears have stopped now !
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 14:08   #16
REacz

REacz is infamous around these partsREacz is infamous around these parts

Hmmm most people in developing can't countries can't even afford to eat or cloth themselves properly, so how are they going to afford a laptop?

Hmm gg UN gg (yes I know its not a UN project, but they support if because I saw it on the news, I think Kofi Anan's speech was something like 'This is very good technology, you buy now?' - Yeah Kofi put me down for 100 and airdrop them into my village in the contested zone which doesn't even have running water or electricity).

Last edited by REacz; 23 Nov 2005 at 14:27.
REacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 15:56   #17
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by REacz
Hmmm most people in developing can't countries can't even afford to eat or cloth themselves properly, so how are they going to afford a laptop?

Hmm gg UN gg (yes I know its not a UN project, but they support if because I saw it on the news, I think Kofi Anan's speech was something like 'This is very good technology, you buy now?' - Yeah Kofi put me down for 100 and airdrop them into my village in the contested zone which doesn't even have running water or electricity).
For bonus fun, they could air drop them over landmine fields like the US did with food packages in Afghanistan in 2001.