User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 16:59   #1
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
Tiscali troubles...

So i moved out of my old address 9 months ago....

The people now living there have phoned me and said "We can't get Tiscali coz you are still paying for it/registered here!"

"wtf?!" says i

Now i am not paying for 2 lines coz my bill is only for one line and it clearly states my new address as the registered one.

The other party have ordered their line/modem 4 weeks ago, but are just being told of this problem now :/

The other people were advised (by Tiscali) that i should not have just performed a "move of address" but should of cancelled my old account and set up a completely new one because i was moving to a different property.

They are basically now contacting me out of shear desperation, because of what i can only describe as woeful service from Tiscali.

So i called Tiscali and they said "oh you are still being routed from your old number" and they need to remove a "marker" from my account/ that line.

Has anybody ever had dealings with Tiscali or moved address like this? I feel kinda guilty that the other people might not be able to get any broadband at all on that line until Tiscali sort this mess out. Does anybody know what they have messed up?? or what they should have done when i instructed them of my new address
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 18:10   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tiscali troubles...

I've not moved house with them but my parents have been using them for the 3 years whilst I've been at uni and now I'm changing ISP. The customer service is next to incompetent and they always believe whatever there systems says to believe.

New ISP ahoy!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 18:54   #3
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

I've had very bad experiences with Tiscali in the past (dial up days - the ISP I was with then resold their service, I didn't realise this for a bit) and I have known plenty of people have issues with their DSL service.

Pipex Home User DSL has just been bought out by Tiscali, I'm looking for a new ISP too.

Moving address is a standard thing, I don't think it should cause that many problems - phone can be moved easily enough, so why can't the DSL account.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 19:27   #4
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Moving address is a standard thing, I don't think it should cause that many problems - phone can be moved easily enough, so why can't the DSL account.
That's what i thought it should have been. I called them up and said i was moving and left it at that because i thought that was about as complicated as it should have got.

I am pretty sure this is just gonna come down to an administrative cock up at the end of the day.

What worries me most now though is this is the first time I have actually had to contact Tiscali myself and i have to say i am not impressed at all. I get the feeling when i call them that i am speaking some sort of foreign language!!

What I am reaaaaally worried about is (due to not speaking to anybody i was confident dealing with) that they may end up "cease and reproviding" the wrong line

Seems like others have experienced similar :/
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 19:35   #5
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Phoning an Indian call center by any chance? Trying to get support from Tiscali is DIRE, don't even try

Get a new ISP!

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 19:46   #6
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

I work for an ISP, just tell the old residents to contact BT Wholesale and they will remove and tags/markers off the line.

Tbfh, Tiscali are filling them full of shit. tsk tsk, norti tiscali!
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 22:10   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
I've had very bad experiences with Tiscali in the past (dial up days - the ISP I was with then resold their service, I didn't realise this for a bit) and I have known plenty of people have issues with their DSL service.
I had that, I think it was called LibertySurf? Something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Pipex Home User DSL has just been bought out by Tiscali, I'm looking for a new ISP too.
Pipex have been bought out yes but the purchase is being investigated by the fair trade comission I believe
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 22:44   #8
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I had that, I think it was called LibertySurf? Something like that
Freedom2Surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Pipex have been bought out yes but the purchase is being investigated by the fair trade comission I believe
They were investigating it, and passed it through - the sale IS going ahead.

I'm looking for a new ISP now.

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 23:01   #9
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
Tbfh, Tiscali are filling them full of shit. tsk tsk, norti tiscali!

Thats what i told the other people

Least i feel a bit more educated about Tiscali and stuff...

ty