User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Sep 2007, 01:19   #1
murder

murder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to allmurder is a name known to all
In-game forums :(

The new format for the in games forums is awful.

The previous form was much easier to read, especially with the alternating grey-black postings.
Currently it looks like a jumbled mess. Its also hard to tell where the actual message begins without having to concentrate. I don't like to concentrate!!! My brain isn't designed for it

Why spell out "announcements" when a simple star * signified a post it?

Why change it? If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 04:36   #2
amme_eilyk

amme_eilyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: In-game forums :(

I've been having probs with the colours since white on white doesnt show in the input box, and I am MoC but anyone can edit my posts, which means I will have to check them to make sure they are unedited and correct
amme_eilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 11:30   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

The new forum is a bloody mess.
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 11:50   #4
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

I like it
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 12:16   #5
-=10us=-

-=10us=- is on a distinguished road

im not even wanting to read and reply on these new forums anymore, it makes me stop using them... this is really bad.

the old ones were perfect, simple and plain, i have no clue why these new horrible forums were put up with a bunch javascript editor crap...

please put the old forums back!
-=10us=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 13:59   #6
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

true true; the new forums are hurting my eyes and i want the old one back as well!
Unread 4 Sep 2007, 00:01   #7
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Is there any point in the subscribe feature for the forums? It just seems a bit useless only being able to subscribe to existing threads.

At the top we've got Mail / News, surely that could become Mail / News / Forum? Every time someone posts to the galaxy forum the forum link at the top could turn red just like the existing mail/news indicators.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 02:50   #8
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
I like it
Are you mad? It's disgusting! After making a mistake in the new forum style, I couldn't properly edit my post. It has that stupid box in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=10us=-
im not even wanting to read and reply on these new forums anymore, it makes me stop using them... this is really bad.

the old ones were perfect, simple and plain, i have no clue why these new horrible forums were put up with a bunch javascript editor crap...

please put the old forums back!
No-one is using the new style forum. In my galaxy, the only thread people are replying to is "Who Are You?". I don't dare touch the galaxy ingame forum. It's very difficult to use. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Is there any point in the subscribe feature for the forums? It just seems a bit useless only being able to subscribe to existing threads.

At the top we've got Mail / News, surely that could become Mail / News / Forum? Every time someone posts to the galaxy forum the forum link at the top could turn red just like the existing mail/news indicators.
That's actually a very good idea!

Last edited by Clouds; 16 Sep 2007 at 02:58.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 08:43   #9
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

yup i hate the new forums too, so iam not going to use the new forums...

change it back.......

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote