User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 13 Aug 2007, 11:57   #1
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Wave distorters

I think that just like galaxy option, you should be able to make your dists immune to the universe. So they can scan you but when you get incoming you can turn your dists on, which maybe make it impossible for them to get a JGP so they would recall/crash/land. I dont think ive described it very well to be honest, but i think you get the jist

discuss?
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 12:06   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Wave distorters

I still think you shouldn't to be able to turn off your dists whenever you feel like it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 12:30   #3
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I still think you shouldn't to be able to turn off your dists whenever you feel like it.
Is there a reason for this? we play a game where we battle with thousands of planets across the universe. surely being able to turn on and off our dists isnt very far fetched?
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 13:16   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194539
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 13:45   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Not the same thing.
He wants to ad more tactics to the game.
Though i doubt it would be implemented cause people don't like challenges in pa.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 13:51   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this idea adds more tactics to the game. Is there any specific one you have in mind, and if so, which?
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 13:55   #7
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

If your dists are always online, he knows how much amps is needed to get passed. If they are
a) Offline also on scans (ie dont show up) he might be caught offguard when he gets to eta3 and he or his scanners wont get trough (we in transcendancy will get though)
b) Shows up on scans, (but he hasnt enough amps to get trough), he risks it anyways hoping his targets stays offline until he lands, it does not and turns on dists eta 5 and he gets fubared.

Unread 13 Aug 2007, 14:00   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Ok, I hadn't thought of that. In that case it might be interesting.

One could even go as far as to introduce a per-tick cost to keep your dists (and amps?) online.
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 14:09   #9
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Ok, I hadn't thought of that. In that case it might be interesting.

One could even go as far as to introduce a per-tick cost to keep your dists (and amps?) online.
Paying per-tick for you're amps will not work ofcourse, because you'll keep em offline all the time except for the moments you need a scan.
Or you would have to hardcode a rule where you couldn't turn on/off youre amps more then x times a day.

And why would you have to be made to pay for youre amps/dists when you don't have to pay for youre labs/refs/centre's?
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 14:15   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Population changes only take effect on the tick (see for example alert), amps and dists could work in the same fashion.

And concerning your second argument: refs produce net resources, so incorporating a cost would be rather useless. Same goes for finance centers. As for per-tick costs for SCs and reslabs - why not?
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 16:28   #11
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Either that or they needed a certain ammount of ticks to turn on/of, lets say 3.

Unread 13 Aug 2007, 18:08   #12
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
If your dists are always online, he knows how much amps is needed to get passed. If they are
a) Offline also on scans (ie dont show up) he might be caught offguard when he gets to eta3 and he or his scanners wont get trough (we in transcendancy will get though)
b) Shows up on scans, (but he hasnt enough amps to get trough), he risks it anyways hoping his targets stays offline until he lands, it does not and turns on dists eta 5 and he gets fubared.
Thats pretty much what i was trying to imply. Cheers AF

Also i think you should be able to take them off instantly, however takes 3 ticks for them to reboot when you want to turn them back on...

...as AF just said also.
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 19:24   #13
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
So you're suggesting that "offline" dists doesn't show up on surface scan.
If they show there, the attacker can't be caught offguard.

Even if so, the distorters will still be visible due to the value. Value is calculated from resources, ships, roids and constructions. If you know 3 of those 4 you can caluclate the 4th. It won't be hard to tell the number of distorters then.
So it's easy doable but it would be anoying to put a planetscan, surface, AU and the amount of value into an online dist calc (I'm sure there will be such things)

So to counter that, "offline" dists mustn't count towards your value. Which would generate another way of value hiding. A nice dist whore with 100 dists could hide 150k value this way which is way to much when thinking about all those "how can we minimize valuehiding" threads.

If "offline" dists would be shown on surface scans it would be no more than a little bit anoying for the possible attacker. Doing a surface scan after you successfully did an AU just to make sure is just annoying in my opinion.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote