User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Jul 2007, 05:51   #1
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
How many waves is enough?

I have a question for alliance Battle Commanders or attack leaders or what ever you call yourselves.

How many waves is justified on a standard galaxy raid?

3? 4? 5? 6? 7? 8?

Please also state what alliance you are in when you post your reply. Please note that this is not when specific alliance target planets are attacked but when you just pick a whole galaxy. I understand that some alliances will target each other and do several waves beyond the efficient yield of the available roids.

It just seems to me that alliances throw their whole team into one galaxy for a night and then invite lesser alliances to join. Is the point to steal asteroids and gain score or bash a galaxy to nothing?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 07:13   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: How many waves is enough?

I've always thought 3 waves is a maximum for normal roidings. On the other hand, if it's a "special op" (e.g. taking down a huge planet) I wouldn't bother sending only 3 waves, but probably 10-15.

It is sad to watch alliances put 5-6 waves on planets with only a few hundred roids.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 08:57   #3
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

4 waves, 3 will get stopped.
On me: 10 waves, and all 10 will get trough!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 09:31   #4
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

It all depends on how many roids a planet has.
300 roid planet - 2 waves tops
400 roid planet - 3 waves tops
550 roid planet - 4 waves tops

Just a rough guide that i use.

Now an Example of too many waves is an F-crew raid on my gal, which is currantly happening. 3 Waves on a 221 roid planet.

That is just plain bashing.

*edit*
Now i look there is 3 waves on a 219 roid planet and 2 waves on a 235 roid planet.

i was told by a member that 3 waves are organised on the gal and if the 200 roid planets have 3 waves its because the good targets are taken. I say he lies because there are others with 1 or 2 waves on them that are better targets.

Last edited by MAsta_MArk; 7 Jul 2007 at 09:58.
MAsta_MArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 09:37   #5
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

in normal raids, 3-4 max, depending on the planet, certain ones I would only allow 2 maximum

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 11:45   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

As many as it takes really, 4 waves is usually maximum the way I see it, however if the target is over 900 roids I dont got a problem with a couple more.. If a target has less than 200 roids I usually tell my bc's to not attack it at all unless it got a huge defship amount
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 12:28   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I propose hardcoding a limit on how many waves a planet can have, based on number of roids, alliance, and value. Also add a limit to number of hostile fleets, and ban fleetcatches.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 13:09   #8
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough

Didn't we already have a thread like this once... or twice, or half a dozen times?

Yes, it's frustrating to be 10-waved to the stone age. This is a frustrating game. It's perfectly normal to be frustrated. In fact, I will take this entire thread as a result of someone's frustration (as it probably is).

I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish by starting it, though.

But to answer the question directly: as many as the person in charge of attack feels is enough. If it's a stupid move to waste half of alliance's firepower on a single, average size galaxy, then the alliance in question will doubtlessly pay for it. Simple as.

Last edited by Talin; 7 Jul 2007 at 13:14.
Talin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 14:41   #9
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If it's just galraids to be boring and win the round, then as many waves as you get a good cap from is okay. If it's about taking down a gal with alot of hostiles, as many waves as you want is good.

The thing is, it's stupid to wave a 200 roid planet. It's stupid to cap 25 roids. Sometimes it's a valid reason, ie I'm going out to drink so I cba to log in and scan. However, the people in another alliance should be glad that hostiles is wasting fleets. It's good for you. And if you cannot stand being low on roids, loosing ships, getting sk'ed or fc'ed then find a game where it's about building the nicest, happiest planet around, where everybody drinks happy juice all day and you attack people to spread the love.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 18:35   #10
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
then find a game where it's about building the nicest, happiest planet around, where everybody drinks happy juice all day and you attack people to spread the love.
Where can I find that game? Sounds awesome!

Edit: On second thought, "attacking people to spread the love" sounds a bit dodgy.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 19:03   #11
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
If it's just galraids to be boring and win the round, then as many waves as you get a good cap from is okay. If it's about taking down a gal with alot of hostiles, as many waves as you want is good.

The thing is, it's stupid to wave a 200 roid planet. It's stupid to cap 25 roids. Sometimes it's a valid reason, ie I'm going out to drink so I cba to log in and scan. However, the people in another alliance should be glad that hostiles is wasting fleets. It's good for you. And if you cannot stand being low on roids, loosing ships, getting sk'ed or fc'ed then find a game where it's about building the nicest, happiest planet around, where everybody drinks happy juice all day and you attack people to spread the love.
I was just curious to see if efficient attacking is the norm. Appears most alliances feel its a waste of fleets to put too many waves on a planet during a normal galaxy raid.

We all loose ships and roids from time to time but I am surprised that bashing is still encouraged by some alliances. I think hard coded limits would be a bad idea unless a hard coded war declaration system were added also. Then you could have unlimited attacks on a specific alliance but limits during gal raids. If someone could flesh that out a bit and put it in suggestions that might be an interesting idea.

Unread 7 Jul 2007, 19:45   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I disagree. More limits equals a more boring game, and this game is dull enough as it is. If a alliance wastes fleets, then their stupidity will cost them the round, if other alliances are smart enough to act on it. Cutting down on stupidity is cutting down on strategy, as acting on others stupidity is important in war.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 20:36   #13
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
Now an Example of too many waves is an F-crew raid on my gal, which is currantly happening. 3 Waves on a 221 roid planet.

That is just plain bashing.

*edit*
Now i look there is 3 waves on a 219 roid planet and 2 waves on a 235 roid planet.

i was told by a member that 3 waves are organised on the gal and if the 200 roid planets have 3 waves its because the good targets are taken. I say he lies because there are others with 1 or 2 waves on them that are better targets.
All F-Crew galaxy attacks have 3 waves and no more. Also just because you personally believe that a planet is a "good target" doesnt necessarily mean it will be a "good target" for everyone. The F-Crew HC's and BC's allow the members the freedom to pick the targets from the list as they see fit, this can result in a planet with 219 roids having 3 waves and one with 235 roids having 2 waves, however seeing as thats only 16 roids difference, i really dont see why you are complaining.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 20:52   #14
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

this also depends if your at war, either formally or otherwise with the alliance who's planet your roiding. If your at war ( or in some aggresive mode between you and that alliance)the answer is.. as many as it takes to hammer them and make a parking lot out of their planet
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 22:04   #15
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

Chef. You say F-crew are a training alliance?

Allowing your members to go on a 3rd wave on a 221 roids planet is damn negligent of you.

1st wave = 56 roids
2nd wave = 42 roids
3rd wave = 31 roids

Your a damn good teacher if you don't stop them doing that.

Your colleagues campaign to stop such "Bashing" and there you are saying that you do nothing about it if your own members do it.
Hypocrites.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 22:11   #16
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Chef. You say F-crew are a training alliance?

Allowing your members to go on a 3rd wave on a 221 roids planet is damn negligent of you.

1st wave = 56 roids
2nd wave = 42 roids
3rd wave = 31 roids

Your a damn good teacher if you don't stop them doing that.

Your colleagues campaign to stop such "Bashing" and there you are saying that you do nothing about it if your own members do it.
Hypocrites.
I dont personally recall saying in my post that F-Crew was a training alliance. At the same time i am also not responsible for the organising of attacks personally. I dont really want to get drawn into a "oh my god f-crew are so shit" style debate that seems to be the fashion at times on these boards but i simply dont understand why in so many threads F-Crew is the alliance which is picked on, im sure we are not the only ally guilty of 3 waving planets of that size.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 7 Jul 2007, 22:27   #17
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

I did not mean literally in that thread that you say F-crew is a training alliance.

And here it is again...
Does anyone else recognize this?

"oh noez! your picking on us"

suck up.
You ARE doing this.
You tell people its bad.
YOU are a hypocrite.

Admit it and we can move onto other allies that do it.
But atm I only have proof of F-crew doing it.
So you are the ones I will mention.

*edit* By YOU i mean f-crew and the people who run it.

Last edited by MAsta_MArk; 7 Jul 2007 at 22:33.
MAsta_MArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 22:35   #18
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
I did not mean literally in that thread that you say F-crew is a training alliance.

And here it is again...
Does anyone else recognize this?

"oh noez! your picking on us"

suck up.
You ARE doing this.
You tell people its bad.
YOU are a hypocrite.

Admit it and we can move onto other allies that do it.
But atm I only have proof of F-crew doing it.
So you are the ones I will mention.
I dont believe i accused you of picking on us, if you want to pass comment on the way that F-Crew carries out its day to day business then you have every right to do so, i just dont see the point in the same people continually going over the same ground. Im not being a suck up, im just honest, to my knowledge (and as im a HC i assume that my knowledge of what goes on inside F-Crew is fairly sound) we are not carrying out attacks with more than 3 waves, i do not tell people its bad (though i do agree it is, because i dont post on these forums very often) and i challenge you to find a thread where i have said anything of the sort.

All in all i am not a hypocrite no matter what you might say for the reasons detailed about. Feel free to continue your "oh my god F-Crew did this" repetitive drivel for as long as you see fit but i still have seen no concrete evidence that F-Crew has done this so im afraid im not going to hold my hands up and admit to anything as i simply dont believe we have done it.

Edit: I also find it quite amusing that certain people in other allies (i have names but im not going to post them here as i would hate to upset anyone) have been informing my members in-game that when they are being 6/7 waved that they are being attacked by F-Crew, when my members know that its simply not possible. You have to chuckle eh?

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 7 Jul 2007, 23:56   #19
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

Quote:
i still have seen no concrete evidence that F-Crew has done this
Well i ate wakeys fleet.
My own and other allaince in my gal checked their arbiters and they all said most of the coords were F-crew.

Quote:
i do not tell people its bad (though i do agree it is
You dont educate your members on what is good or bad?

Quote:
Im not being a suck up
I didnt mean you are a suck up, i meant suck it up. Admit it ffs.

Quote:
i challenge you to find a thread where i have said anything of the sort.
Search for the poster "Wakey"
Im sure you can find several threads where he says words to the same effect.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 00:45   #20
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Orbit HC creates needless arguement with F-crew HC shocker!
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 00:52   #21
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

Get off your moral high horse and i wont start these things.

Its just in the past Wakey has "campaigned" this very issue.

He has said that bashing is bad and that he discourages it.
Yet here it is, right infront of them, they are doing it themselves.

And cant even admit it.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 01:33   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Its just in the past Wakey has "campaigned" this very issue.
I have never campaigned this very issue. I know you have a selective reading problem when it comes to my posts where you just pick the parts you think you can attack me on but give it a bloody rest. Either get a clue and tackle me on what i ACTUALLY said or just stop posting your drivel based on what you 'imagined' I said.

Roid count really doesn't play a part in deciding the number of waves a planet gets for the simple fact that roids are not worth a static amount. The roids you can steal from a 150 roid planet can be worth more than those you can steal from a 500 roid planet so its simply not as clear cut as defining limits like you have above.

The limits come down more what is deemed 'taking the piss' regardless of size when galaxy raiding. At F-Crew we deem this anything over 3 waves, the general community consensus last time however seemed to be that 4 was the limit in normal gal raiding conditions

Bashing is alot more complex than the number of waves sent, but certainly 2 or 3 waves on a planet with at least a reasonable amount of roids by planets who have a smaller value and/or score than the target is rarely 'bashing' material. And that's exactly the situation the vast majority of our attacks each night are like.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 02:05   #23
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
this also depends if your at war, either formally or otherwise with the alliance who's planet your roiding. If your at war ( or in some aggresive mode between you and that alliance)the answer is.. as many as it takes to hammer them and make a parking lot out of their planet
So, in Conspiracy's case, unlimited waves?

SCNR
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 02:13   #24
Zimra

Zimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to behold

I had to laugh one night when we were accused of doing more than 3-waves on a Galaxy. The funny thing was I'd set up the attacks, and there was no way in hell that my 3-waves had mysteriously morphed into about 7 when I wasn't looking. Maybe if you were Juice and you were looking at intel drunk, then you'd have an excuse.

Anyway, on the subject of having 3-Waves on a planet with say, 250 roids or so, there's plenty of reasons. Most of the time the people attacking will be lower value/scorewise, and won't have the fleet composition to attack somebody with 280 roids. They won't have found anyone to team up with, or won't be able to penetrate anyone else (don't make a joke about that) so they'll take it and build up.

It might be crappy, it might suck, but chances are some of those 3-waves will get defended anyway and voila 3-waves turn into 1. I've seen a lot worse anyway, like double booking 3-waves (total of 6 in a row) on a galaxy where the majority of members are at 320 roids or so. Not retal, not alliance wars, just a galaxy raid. And none of the attackers were F-Crew either. Neat, huh?

But that's off-topic. I think the amount of waves should be based on the amount of roids someone has. 3 waves on a guy with 1,000 or so roids are probably going to get blown to hell and back, where 3 waves on someone with a lot less will probably have a field day. And yep, I just nullified part of my earlier post. Damn, I'm an idiot!

But anyway, I'm going to stop writing now. I will personally hand out £50 to everyone here if nobody mentions F-Crew in this thread again. Think you're 'ard enough?
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 02:33   #25
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

You know what you do when your 219 roid planet gets 3 waves?

You laugh your ass off at the morons who are attacking you. Chances are they're so bad at the game that you can kill a fleet for salvage. You'll lose some roids - go attack and get new ones + xp.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 02:40   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread went ridiculously off-topic.

This constant bickering and baiting between Orbit and F-Crew is fagging up the boards, and shall stop from this moment forth. I've spoken to representatives of both alliances, and it's been agreed that Orbit/F-Crew posters shall not bait the other alliance, nor shall they rise to baiting by the other alliance. The mods will 'sort out' any posters that do attempt to bait the other alliance, and so the defence of "they started it" shall be, as always, completely null and void.

There's no expectation that either alliance shall treat the other with cotton-wool, but at present threads are derailing at a ridiculous rate every time either F-Crew or Orbit are brought up. It's going to stop, as of right now.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 02:54   #27
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
fagging up the boards
Is this a technical term?
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 07:17   #28
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
Is this a technical term?
depends if that is the British fagging or the United States fagging.

British fagging could mean smoking up or clouding the issue as fags in Britain are cigarettes.

United States fagging means gay or acting gay which is often used in a derogatory way towards a non-homosexual male. Most hetrosexual males would not want to see 2 "fags" humping or fagging it up.

Back on target I would think that coded limits are bad while accusations seem to be keeping most allliances in line or at least those alliances that truly care about public perception.

Unread 8 Jul 2007, 08:43   #29
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I propose hardcoding a limit on how many waves a planet can have, based on number of roids, alliance, and value. Also add a limit to number of hostile fleets, and ban fleetcatches.
I think we should ban launching fleets in general...initiation ftw!
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 09:03   #30
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

This constant bickering and baiting between Orbit and F-Crew is fagging up the boards, and shall stop from this moment forth. I've spoken to representatives of both alliances, and it's been agreed that Orbit/F-Crew posters shall not bait the other alliance, nor shall they rise to baiting by the other alliance. The mods will 'sort out' any posters that do attempt to bait the other alliance, and so the defence of "they started it" shall be, as always, completely null and void.
Wanted: One mercenary to provoke arguments.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 10:43   #31
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
So, in Conspiracy's case, unlimited waves?

SCNR
As I said up there... depends on the situation, is it simple galaxy raids, or is there a direct military mission to attack a particular alliance directly. If you are currently involved in a war, or hostilities between your alliance and another(s) then it's perfectly fine to beat them down, so the answer there would be ..as many waves as we can fill

in a peacetime environment I'd limit waves to 3-4 depending on planet size. for example, 200 roid planet this far into the round isn't worth the time to screw around hitting it, unless it's a scanner and you want to throw a load of SK's at them
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:02   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

There's no expectation that either alliance shall treat the other with cotton-wool, but at present threads are derailing at a ridiculous rate every time either F-Crew or Orbit are brought up. It's going to stop, as of right now.

FFS, I needed that fifty bobs
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:25   #33
The Wanderer

The Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really nice

It depends on who you are.
If you have many roids, you are a target. Many roids is a variable number. It depends at your size in points, your fleetsize and your total of roids. If you are a good target that is under constant attack, than it will be forever this way. Cause your fleet get no chance to grow and to eliminate the enemy. You have to band togeter with all of your galaxymembers. Defend together and your enemy fleets will be destroyed.
If more planets are under attack, then it makes no sense that everybody defend himself. This results in the destruction of all of your fleets.
Do not flee cowardly, communicate with the others to defend together against a powerful enemy that will be surprised what resistance is awaiting him.
The second thing is, that you are always prey for the others, if you never retail. "Tell" your attakers with the help of fleets from your friends, alliancemates and galaxymembers, what do you think about his last attack.
And always stay alert and have a backup fleet to defend yourself or a friend. If its impossile to win, send your home fleet forth to defend a friend, even if he is not under attack und pull back your fleet in time. Calculate how many hours a fleet need. Do not forget to calculate double-time.
And read: The truth about UNHOLY in the Aliances section of this forum.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 20:56   #34
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Why not ban war at all !

Seriously, this thread emerges every round after some 1 got smashed by x-waves. My motto is: swallow and get even, and if you cant take it, get out.

P.S.: This by the way does NOT mean i don't find alliances waving a small planet with numerous waves pure idiots....
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 21:09   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sarcasm.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 21:15   #36
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

As many waves is viable. if a 7th wave is a better target then a 1st wave on a different planet then go for it. Remember that less waves per planet just means more planets with waves. In the end you are gonna get roided just as much, the difference is you get to keep your roids longer.

I say: hurrah for multiwaving. Send me 20 please!
(Rebelleader Rikard of VC Dynamo Nineone, come and find me)

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 23:22   #37
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It varies a lot. When targetting the #1 value/roid/score galaxy close to the end of the round, you're obviously going to throw more waves at them than when you target the #40 galaxy a week after roundstart.

In round 19, we (FO) often sent close to, or more than 10 waves on eXilition planets when we were at war. This sounds much, but when you can expect more than 5 of them to be covered on nearly every planet, it isn't. You use the same approach with galraids - you send as many as seems sensible. I think the problem is double/triple booking more than it is amount of waves.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 00:39   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Idiocy is generally its own punishment if you figure things out wrong because you end up wasting a fleet slot for dick all roids. You'd hope people would learn after a while but currently my galmate with 100 roids has inc so I really have no idea what some people are thinking.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 03:03   #39
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I got 13 waves coming my wave as we speak 4 different allies so hopefully they all end up piggying eachother within 3-4 ticks :P

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 03:58   #40
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

as many waves as it takes for me to actually get through
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 14:37   #41
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Stopped at 23 hostile fleets Thank you TGV, VGN, ND, ToF and Subh, you made me top owned planet so i still rock the ranks in various ways At least i had 1 friendly fleet in my overview

Oh well, my CR survived and i'm coming for every single one of you

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 02:16   #42
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Stopped at 23 hostile fleets Thank you TGV, VGN, ND, ToF and Subh, you made me top owned planet so i still rock the ranks in various ways At least i had 1 friendly fleet in my overview

I had forgotten what your forum name was until I read your signature. Glad to see you back for the summer round.

Unread 10 Jul 2007, 11:21   #43
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I was just curious to see if efficient attacking is the norm. Appears most alliances feel its a waste of fleets to put too many waves on a planet during a normal galaxy raid.

We all loose ships and roids from time to time but I am surprised that bashing is still encouraged by some alliances. I think hard coded limits would be a bad idea unless a hard coded war declaration system were added also. Then you could have unlimited attacks on a specific alliance but limits during gal raids. If someone could flesh that out a bit and put it in suggestions that might be an interesting idea.
m8 you just sound like a puss-E-o

if a galaxy is large then why not stick 6/7 waves on every targets to get some decent score/roids
it would be stupid to put 3 waves on each

everyone knows more coverage more success...

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 11:46   #44
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
everyone knows more coverage more success...
Everyone equally knows the rule of 'later wave fewer roids'.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 13:05   #45
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

in my case: later wave more roids.

the first three waves from VsN capped 0, but the last 5 waves will land with a full cap each.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 14:47   #46
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking

Just as an aside - I didn't actually see any TGV co-ords in the jgp you pasted in our channel - and I wasn't aware of any attacks organised by us on your gal - but please feel free to provide me with evidence to the contrary.

As for 23 inc fleets - that's just insane -- I just don't get why anyone would land such an attack (unless the aim is to bash the target - which imo should only be done as retaliation for the target being a complete bastard or the attackers' alliance is at war with the target's) - it's certainly not worth it in the normal course of raiding.

Edit - yes I understand the concept of double/triple booked gals - but surely people landing the later waves would see a jgp and think it's better to go somewhere else.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 14:50   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Comic relief: I giggled when I saw that the last poster in the thread titled "How many waves is enough?" was "notsure".
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 17:55   #48
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
How many waves is justified on a standard galaxy raid?
Just how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 01:54   #49
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Unread 11 Jul 2007, 11:49   #50
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute