User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Nov 2006, 20:50   #1
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Good God

Give the guy a break.

Im in a <70 gal and my gc is a cathaar. He has 60 roids yet gets about 8 waves a day from ziks sending 15k+ ships. Jeez its a wonder why people quit. This guy is really active and defs loads but if he attacks he will be caught. ITs rediculous when you see the size of the ziks who hit him. In my 3 days in the gal ive seen 6 T100 ziks launch on him.

Bleh..

I just feel sorry for the guy. Its pretty clear from sandmans who it is..
Just give the little guys a break eh ziks?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 21:11   #2
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Re: Good God

In a dwindling memberbase, Benneh speaks the shocking truth
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 22:07   #3
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

pa is chicken race nowadays, ppl rather waste a fleetspot for 20 roids than use it for bigger and more risky targets.

im not gonna play an other round of shitty code as for me its dull nowadays
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 22:12   #4
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
In a dwindling memberbase, Benneh speaks the shocking truth
I posted something similar to this at least three rounds ago. It's good to see that the issue of Ziks pounding small planets into the ground has been addressed so effectively.

The answer is simple. Ship stealing is bad for the game - just stop it.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 22:46   #5
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
I posted something similar to this at least three rounds ago. It's good to see that the issue of Ziks pounding small planets into the ground has been addressed so effectively.

The answer is simple. Ship stealing is bad for the game - just stop it.

nah not getting salvage for it is,, make it over 50% for stolen shit
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 22:57   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

What's the moral of this story?
He shouldn't have chosen Cathaar
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 23:02   #7
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
What's the moral of this story?
He shouldn't have chosen Cathaar
what an totally retarded reply m8 :/
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 23:04   #8
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
what an totally retarded reply m8 :/
It's the sad truth

I'm a cathaar, and I ended up being a scanner! A scanner!

Last edited by Alessio; 18 Nov 2006 at 23:20.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 23:41   #9
Hydrax

Hydrax is an unknown quantity at this point

The way stealing works is ruining the game imo. If you get hit hard you can end up with nothing left. Your ships get stolen, you get no salvage from them and if there's pods then you also lose your roids leaving you with almost no income.

Possible solutions would be:
- Put a limit on how many ships you can steal. It works for roids, why not for stealing,
- Give salvage for stolen ships. Perhaps not realistic compared to the real world when stuff gets stolen, but it gives the target something to keep it going,
- Put a dynamic limit on how many ships can get stolen. If the attacker is bigger than the target then the max cap is very low, if the attacker is smaller than the target the cap is higher. (kinda like the XP formula works)

As for people that attack tiny planets to steal their ships (or roids): Perhaps make a note of their coords and name and shame them when the round is over. There are plenty people out there that feel the need to launch several waves at small planets, they are part of the reason why so many people leave the game. If PA-team doesn't come with a solution then perhaps the players can.
Hydrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 23:45   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrax

- Put a limit on how many ships you can steal. It works for roids, why not for stealing,
- Give salvage for stolen ships. Perhaps not realistic compared to the real world when stuff gets stolen, but it gives the target something to keep it going,
- Put a dynamic limit on how many ships can get stolen. If the attacker is bigger than the target then the max cap is very low, if the attacker is smaller than the target the cap is higher. (kinda like the XP formula works)
I've addressed this so many times and the puny excuse the PA crew has for not doing this is: We are not able to recode the combat engine...

Maybe more brains in the PA team is needed. Because its clear that useless stealing like this is killing the game.

Before PA took steps to avoid bashing of planets by introducing the maxcap limit.. But it seems to be next to impossible to impose a maxcap on shipstealing wich is FAR FAR more destryoying on the game than roidloss is.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 01:10   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrax
War Loans; gives players the opportunity to immediately rebuild key parts of their fleet (ie Pods) so they can continue attacking once they've lost everything.

Alas, this brilliant idea will continue to be ignored .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 01:18   #12
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
War Loans; gives players the opportunity to immediately rebuild key parts of their fleet (ie Pods) so they can continue attacking once they've lost everything.

Alas, this brilliant idea will continue to be ignored .
well salvage is an easy to implement solution that ofc doesnt match the real life mecanics of things but erm this game doesnt do it either with roidcaps and shit going on
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 02:19   #13
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The zik problem would solve itself if you'd actually have zik ships dying when stealing other ships.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 03:51   #14
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
The zik problem would solve itself if you'd actually have zik ships dying when stealing other ships.
Ten points for you!

Or make zik's so weak that they can't farm their way up in the last 1/3 of the game
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 16:42   #15
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I play zik and the reason a zik player has to hit smaller planets is because he will gain nothing otherwise. Its hard to zik to attack for xp because most zik ships die too easily against equal or greater targets when comparing values.

The only way a zik can grow is by bashing, hitting idle planets, and fleetcatches. Often I find that planets with the same value of other races could trample my fleets with little effort.

Personally I have been fleetcaught twice this round and I would rather have my ships stolen than destroyed. At least the attacker got ships instead of the joy of killing mine.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 21:31   #16
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Personally I have been fleetcaught twice this round and I would rather have my ships stolen than destroyed. At least the attacker got ships instead of the joy of killing mine.
oddball, anyone who says that they rater have their ships stolen rather than killed gotta have a screw loose m8
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 01:51   #17
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
No it wouldn't. Hitting the lowest risk targets would still be the most efficient way of gaining fleet.
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 07:50   #18
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Make it like XP, get more steal when you attack bigger ppl?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 11:51   #19
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh
Give the guy a break.

Im in a <70 gal and my gc is a cathaar. He has 60 roids yet gets about 8 waves a day from ziks sending 15k+ ships. Jeez its a wonder why people quit. This guy is really active and defs loads but if he attacks he will be caught. ITs rediculous when you see the size of the ziks who hit him. In my 3 days in the gal ive seen 6 T100 ziks launch on him.

Bleh..

I just feel sorry for the guy. Its pretty clear from sandmans who it is..
Just give the little guys a break eh ziks?
i thought you exiled out of my gal

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 14:50   #20
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
No it wouldn't. Hitting the lowest risk targets would still be the most efficient way of gaining fleet.
Of course. If zik ships die when stealing, however, a zik has to build a lot more stealers to gain the same amount of stolen ships, which is just making it harder - but not impossible.

On a different sidenote, I like stoom's idea. Gonna think a bit about that.