User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Oct 2006, 12:05   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Alliance tranfers

ok i have never posted in this forums before and dont often read it so ignore if this idea has been posted before.

I am suggesting that every player is also awarded an alliance transfer value as they play the game. It would be relative to value or score or infact maybe just the same as score and if a large player wanted to change alliances then the alliance would have to effectivly 'pay' the transfer fee to his previous alliance.

For example lets say elvis is the #1 planet in game and is 15 mil score so his tranfer that any alliance would have to pay to recruit him would be something like 100 mil of each resource from the alliance fund. This would mean any wanting to recruit players would have to 'save up' by increasing tax on thgeir members. So recruiting elviz to your alliance would effectivelty cost each member say 100mil/60 to each member in an alliance of 60 members. Doing this means an alliance will slow in growth as they save for a new player but the benefits will outweigh the cost.

This means hopefully that the alliance who lost the player also recives some compensation and alliances will have to outweigh the benefits of recruiting new players. This idea could also have an interesting side effect. IF say every new alliance was given say 10 mil in fund at start of round and the transfer cost of each members increases as round progresses, it would encourage all alliances to get members in tag before tick 72 and before the price of recruiting becomes too much. Also it would reduce the numbers of people playing outside tag, as any players who join tag very late will do so at big cost to their alliance.

Obviously the formula for working out tranfer values and amount of resources from members would have to be studied and well implemented. No point making it a saltry figure like a few ticks from each player to recruit the #1 planet, u want to make it something that an alliance has to save for.

Anyway see what you think?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 12:31   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Alliance tranfers

I dont think there should be any way an alliance can recruit a player against the players current alliance's will. This idea could be okay if the alliance losing that player could okay it by voting in the hc or something similar.
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 14:26   #3
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

no kargool i wasnt saying that alliances can tranfer a player at any time they want, just that if a player does want to move, the alliance has to play a tranfer fee.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 20:33   #4
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

The player could just as easily leave his alliance and then the new alliance that picks him up 72+ hours later would not have to pay anything.

The only point of this that I could see would be to allow direct transfers from one alliance to another without the 72 hour delay. With the resources being use to negotiate. I also think that the alliance loosing the player should be able to set his tranfer fee to an amount they find suitable. To keep from being abusable there should be a minimum amount based on value and/or score automatically set, say 25% or more.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 22:19   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Makes the game too complex? I don't see the real need for this.

It's a war game, not fantasy football in space!
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 23:15   #6
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Makes the game too complex? I don't see the real need for this.

It's a war game, not fantasy football in space!
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 11:14   #7
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

What's to stop a player from transferring to an alliance, for a high free, then leaving them immediately and rejoining his old alliance, albeit after a 72-tick waiting period?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote